I completely deleted my account several months back and just recently started a new one with the same username (thankfully someone else hadn't snatched it up). But I had to start from a post count of zero. Deleted is deleted, unfortunately.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    axllebeer likes this.
    10-15-17 10:12 PM
    Idk, sure never took Ralph as thin skinned... Perplexing that I recall Anon and Ralph seemingly. addressing each other. ??? It's possible Efats might have been as confused as I... ??? Idk. The perceived overlap just didn't, & don't, make sense... ??? Idk. If his account did get accidentally deleted, would it be possible for him to restore it??
    I was totally joking about EFats. It's more likely that there was a system error, a conflict with a mod, or something else. My wife says I have a lame sense of humour. She's probably right.
    10-15-17 10:24 PM
    I was totally joking about EFats. It's more likely that there was a system error, a conflict with a mod, or something else. My wife says I have a lame sense of humour. She's probably right.
    My wife calls my similar type of humor abrasive or caustic.... LOL
    10-15-17 10:32 PM
    Quoting MY wife's description of my sense of humor might get me "deleted". Lol.
    10-16-17 12:44 AM
    Some odd things seem to be going on in the CB forums recently. Ralph's account is now anon(9721108) - just scroll back to the OP if in doubt.
    Also, I couldn't get into the forums this morning with my usual username / password combination, and had to reset my password
    10-16-17 03:28 AM
    Some odd things seem to be going on in the CB forums recently. Ralph's account is now anon(9721108) - just scroll back to the OP if in doubt.
    Also, I couldn't get into the forums this morning with my usual username / password combination, and had to reset my password
    WHAT!!!! It is true. The very first post is now under anon's name but @David Taylor quoted that same post with Ralph's name on it. What's going on?
    Had Ralph over-enjoyed his iP7 that he got consumed by it and transformed into anon(whatever the numbers are)?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 05:17 AM
    ... well, deleted username explanation makes some sort of sense. At least a little less likely someone slipped him Timothy Leary's psychedelic cocktail... lol. OP was still Ralph for a day or so after Anon (short for anonymous??) showed up. Maybe Ralph finally found that "Time Travel" check box in Calendar? Maybe he encountered a future where Ralph truly was Blamed! For EVERYthing!! Lol. And he travelled back and scrubbed his name?? Haha. Idk. Idk. Just hoping humor is appropriate.
    10-16-17 06:01 AM
    Hey, Steve! I security-wiped my Bold recently, and it not only fixed the overheating / battery drain problem (that came back... smh...), but now my Lygea RPN calculator is up and running!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-16-17 03:29 PM
    Hey, Steve! I security-wiped my Bold recently, and it not only fixed the overheating / battery drain problem (that came back... smh...), but now my Lygea RPN calculator is up and running!

Haha... go figure. This stuff can be TOO mystical at times. Lol. Bet you're glad to have RPN back!! I get grumpy without it... lol.
    10-16-17 06:38 PM

Still hunting a "usable" RPN solution for Keyone. Embarrassingly amateurish, compared with lygea on 99. That's ok since Keyone supports Wolfram Alpha nicely. I can crank out differentials with Wolfram K1 in right hand while blazing thru RPN alg on Lygea 99 in left. AND copy/paste assemble spreadsheets AND share spreadsheets with colleagues who are doing likewise. All with single left hand thumb on 99. K1 could be SOoo much more productive with a real trackpad... Knew its limitations up front so... lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 10-16-17 at 08:33 PM.
    10-16-17 08:21 PM
    Still no signs of Ralph?
    10-16-17 08:31 PM
    Still no signs of Ralph?
    He's a BBM contact of mine. I don't get a "D" when I try to ping him...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-16-17 11:10 PM
    He's a BBM contact of mine. I don't get a "D" when I try to ping him...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Hopefully that's just because of the problems Emtek is having on their BBM platform. If problem is with his BBOS7 ID then seems very disconcerting...
    10-17-17 07:45 AM
    Ralph has morphed into Anon over at iMore, also, it seems. Fwiw.

A client's "soon to be x" once accessed his phone & wreaked all manner of havoc while he slept one night. Lol. Just hoping that whatever Ralph is doing is by choice.
    10-17-17 09:58 AM
    I've been reading on this KRACK wifi thing. I use my 9900 on data only, so I'm safe from it, right?

Signature: Still typing away on my Passport SE!
    10-17-17 01:08 PM
    A client's "soon to be x" once accessed his phone & wreaked all manner of havoc while he slept one night. Lol. Just hoping that whatever Ralph is doing is by choice.
    Sweet Mother of Elvis.

YA..! I hope so, too!

10-17-17 01:58 PM
    I've been reading on this KRACK wifi thing. I use my 9900 on data only, so I'm safe from it, right?

My "smart guys" have assured KRACK is wifi only. Keep wifi off, and you're safe from that, they're saying.
    10-17-17 02:42 PM

You're safe.

From what I've read on El Reg, there is, as of yet, "no practical exploit code." In addition, the hacker needs to be in range of your router, so the odds of being affected are very low at this point. See this report: https://m.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/17/kracken_patches/

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-17-17 02:53 PM
    Sweet Mother of Elvis.

YA..! I hope so, too!

Stronger explicatives were well practiced that day, I'm sure. Lol. Hate to say the fellow "deserved" it, but several of us, including himself, concluded he "earned" it. Lol. One more reason to keep most clients and vendors directed to a dedicated phone. Only family, coworkers and very vip clients & vendors get contact with my 99. A practice that has served well. Bad as it was for this fellow, one female coworker (aware of the fellow's activities) pointed out that he should be grateful his "soon to be x" didn't use scissors... lol.

Certainly not implying in ANY way that Ralph's seeming disappearance is due to ANYthing remotely similar. The whole thing just seems way out of character for him...
    10-17-17 03:05 PM
    Regarding Ralph's BBM. If log in with your BlackBerry ID to BBM on iOS or Android you will not ne able to log in via this ID to BBM on BlackBerry OS or BlackBerry 10 device BBM. It's because BBM for BlackBerry 10 and legacy OS servers are in Canada still under BlackBerry jurisdiction. BBM for other platforms are now under the EMTEK jurisdiction.

Posted via CB10
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    10-17-17 03:24 PM
    ...BBM for other platforms are now under the EMTEK jurisdiction.
    A post of mine from the BBM forum ("I'm Done"):

I was using BBM Protected for my team at work, and everyone loved it. One of my colleagues even bought a Passport SE so Blend would put BBM on his desktop.

That was in 2014; unfortunately, that was then and this is now. BBM Protected group features, as well as stickers, are gone in the new "BBM Enterprise," and vanilla BBM seems to be a WhatsApp wannabe for Indonesian kids.

To compound my disappointment, moving to another messaging environment -- likely Pryvate -- means I am finally retiring my beloved Passport SE.

I guess that train was coming one way or another once the BlackBerry we once knew and loved got packed up and mothballed; but still, I'm saddened.

I will add that I'm keeping this Bold until hell freezes over or BIS finally dies...

RaybanRJ likes this.
    10-17-17 06:34 PM
    Well... I swallowed hard and placed the order. Sometime in the near future, I'll be migrating from my beloved Passport SE to an LG V20. Why: BBM Protected is dying, and the geniuses in Waterloo saw fit not to include some great existing BBM features in the new "BBM Enterprise," leaving me with the need for an enterprise-encrypted, full-featured messaging app and no alternatives for BlackBerry 10. I never would have considered Android before 6.0 (where they finally decided to let you control permissions), and am loath to use it now; but the V20 has some "Bold"-ish features I'll never get on an iPhone: First, there's a small, always-on strip screen at the top of the display. When the main screen is off, the strip screen shows (among other things) your notifications! The message light taken one step further! Second... wait for it, Steve... it has a removable battery! -- and you can buy a fat-back for it, as well! Finally, LG is one of the OEMs that actually gets security updates from Satan's minions in Mountain View.

Farewell, BlackBerry 10. I really loved you.

Do I even need to come right out and write that I'm keeping the Bold (actually... I have two) ?? Well, I am. For shizzle.
    10-17-17 09:37 PM
    I really like the Passport SE, but most everyone will move on one day. There's almost no getting around it. You can get a lot more phone from other Android device manufacturers for the same money as BlackBerry wants for mid-range devices.

The V-series seem like good phones. I've read that the sound is especially good on the V30, so that could be a real benefit on the V20 as well.

If I was going Android at this point, I think I'd go LG or ZTE. The only thing I really want besides a keyboard is decent audio quality. If I can't get a keyboard phone with good audio (and apparently the KEYone's audio isn't great), then I'll just go for the good audio. The Axon 7 will make your ears bleed, apparently, and has very low noise levels.

Of course, the other option is to give up and go back to my 9900. A very small tablet might be just as good as a new phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 10:24 PM
    I really like the Passport SE, but most everyone will move on one day. There's almost no getting around it... The V-series seem like good phones. I've read that the sound is especially good on the V30, so that could be a real benefit on the V20 as well.
    Yep; there's no BlackBerry 10 miracle out there over the horizon.

The V20 audio is, by all accounts, superlative.

Of course, it's actually _bigger_ than my Z30 (the most perfect phone EVER), so you just know I'm hanging on to my 99s...

RaybanRJ likes this.
    10-17-17 11:31 PM
    Well, can't speak for anyone else, but I'll still be using a true BlackBerry in 2020. None of this droidberry stuff. I may dual carry eventually, but one of those devices will be running bb7 or bb10.

10-17-17 11:37 PM
8,754 ... 260261262263264 ...