Glad they work! I can see the pics in your Quoted section just fine.

Question about getting a new keyboard for the 9900. Are there any numbers I need to match up? I see there are a few on the back of the keyboard or is this just the part number?

Posted via CB10
    Ah getting a new KB my friend was a lot of trial and error, going through a couple of Chinese knockoffs and realizing they were junk before Shuswup turned me onto this seller, his name is Purebrindle and I can guarantee that I got a genuine Blackberry brand KB just by the feel and quality of it. The numbers on the back of the KB don't always tell the whole story but they matched up similarity to the ones this guy sells, here is his link......

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/252269239563?rm...&ul_noapp=true
    08-13-17 11:35 PM
    Wow they went up 10 bucks in price since I got mine a year ago
    08-13-17 11:36 PM
    They have white ones too? I'm wondering if white might not show wear like the black ones. Black ones are white under the black paint after all. ?? Might be worth trying one on this poor old battle damaged 9930... It's certainly earned a new kb. Lol.

Paint typically wears off well before any other issues show up. For me, anyway.

Is that supplier in Ontario? I may be thru there in a month or so.
    08-14-17 12:32 AM
    They have white ones too? I'm wondering if white might not show wear like the black ones. Black ones are white under the black paint after all. ?? Might be worth trying one on this poor old battle damaged 9930... It's certainly earned a new kb. Lol.

I gotta tell you I see no wear at all since I got my white KB from him just over a year ago. Its pristine .....

Has a real nice gloss to it also and the more I use it the shinier it gets, and no, I was not eating greasy chicken
    08-14-17 12:46 AM
    But were you eating some popcorn Ralph? Just messin thanks for the link to the keyboard!

I have ordered some BB10 parts from these guys before and everything seemed OEM. Might be another option?

https://globaldirectparts.com/oem-bl...ssembly-black/

Posted via CB10
    08-14-17 04:39 AM
    Wow they went up 10 bucks in price since I got mine a year ago
    Supply & demand?!
    08-14-17 07:44 AM

Lets face it Steve, the way you treat your 9900's – it really doesn't matter what colour the keys are - they have no chance!
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    08-14-17 07:46 AM
    Supply & demand?!
    Well there's another thing we can blame Ralph for! Thanks Ralph

Posted via CB10
    08-14-17 08:30 AM
    Haha... wearing the labels off is irrelevant to my thumb... it's learned where keys are no matter what the color... lol. My company's IT stockpiled several lifetimes worth of good, black, KBs years ago (while they were MUCH more expensive. Lol. ) so... no worry about us drying up this supply... lol. I am curious, tho, does the backlight shine thru the dark looking characters? Or thru the whole key??
    08-14-17 08:33 AM
    The dark looking characters are kind of translucent so they look dark under good lighting condition. If you pain the black keyboard white leaving out the characters, you make an white keyboard :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-14-17 08:51 AM
    The dark looking characters are kind of translucent so they look dark under good lighting condition. If you pain the black keyboard white leaving out the characters, you make an white keyboard :-)

Posted via CB10
    Ah... I see. Never studied a white one close enough to grasp that. I know that the backlighting passes thru the "translucent white" plastic when the black paint wears away. Probably something similar happens when white paint wears away. Wear thru white paint might be less noticeable... until dark, at least. Lol.
    08-14-17 09:54 AM
    Well there's another thing we can blame Ralph for! Thanks Ralph

Posted via CB10
    I made the Blackberry parts vendors rich, otherwise I think I saw them going through the garbage for food in the back alleys
    08-14-17 10:13 AM
    Ah... I see. Never studied a white one close enough to grasp that. I know that the backlighting passes thru the "translucent white" plastic when the black paint wears away. Probably something similar happens when white paint wears away. Wear thru white paint might be less noticeable... until dark, at least. Lol.
    The paint is very thick on the white ones, in fact you can feel the groove with your fingernail where that letter meets the paint. But the white ones can be very difficult to read in certain light, especially when you want the back light to go off because it actually fills the letter and it's really hard to read because the whole key looks white at times , and there is no contrast. But it's only in a certain type of light this might happen, and not always. But I would try white. It's just refreshing you know ;-)
    08-14-17 10:17 AM
    Some nice deals locally here.....
    08-15-17 04:17 AM
    I would say worn out white keyboard look kind of dirtier than on black one. It looks quite obvious, while on the black keyboard, it mixes up with the characters for me. That is under good lighting. In the dark, they are the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 06:25 AM
    Rumor was, some 70s vintage HP calculators had characters included entirely thru the keys. Reportedly the keys were made up of strands of various color plastic strings, heated and pulled to stretch, fuse and shrink to size. Then cut to shape. That's what several of us heard, anyway. I never destroyed one to validate (lol) but supposedly, those keys could wear half way thru and characters still visible. If true... lol.

My beloved, and heavily used, HP41 will be 40 years old in a couple years. NO signs of "paint" wear. Lol.
    08-15-17 09:34 AM
    Rumor was, some 70s vintage HP calculators had characters included entirely thru the keys. Reportedly the keys were made up of strands of various color plastic strings, heated and pulled to stretch, fuse and shrink to size. Then cut to shape. That's what several of us heard, anyway. I never destroyed one to validate (lol) but supposedly, those keys could wear half way thru and characters still visible. If true... lol.

My beloved, and heavily used, HP41 will be 40 years old in a couple years. NO signs of "paint" wear. Lol.
    Or maybe you have fine sandpaper like fingerprint on your thumbs and velvet on you index fingers. Your worn out bold keyboard and your old HP41 prove this.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-17 10:40 AM

I too have a 40 year old Canon "Metric Converter" because in 1977 Pierre Trudeau (yes Justin's daddy) forced the metric system on us and we had no way to convert basic inches, litres, temperatures, etc.

You can see the keys are perfect but I think they are injection moulded, solid right through and no backlighting of course.

Actually this one looks like my 9780 when it was white
    08-15-17 11:03 AM
    Or maybe you have fine sandpaper like fingerprint on your thumbs and velvet on you index fingers. Your worn out bold keyboard and your old HP41 prove this.

Posted via CB10
    Haha... always used left thumb on HP41... typically while working over meal time... lol. Carried over from single thumbing slide rule while doing homework over mealtime. Lol. Those college & early career habits carried over into Bold, decades later. Only change to thumb NAILS on Bold. Tough on key paint.

Left fingers are heavily calloused from various string instruments... primarily guitar. Calloused finger tips act "funky" on capacitive touch UI, for me. Lol.
    08-15-17 11:39 AM
    I too have a 40 year old Canon "Metric Converter" because in 1977 Pierre Trudeau (yes Justin's daddy) forced the metric system on us and we had no way to convert basic inches, litres, temperatures, etc.

You can see the keys are perfect but I think they are injection moulded, solid right through and no backlighting of course. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...915da829fb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ae996b2191.jpg

Actually this one looks like my 9780 when it was white
    Yeah... don't get me started on the supposed "efficiency" of Metric system... lol. Great if using your 10 fingers for "calculating", I suppose. Miserable for dividing by anything but 2 or 5. I once brought a dozen donuts along with a friend up to my "metric crazed" highschool physics teacher. Removing two of the donuts, I challenged that teacher to divide those 10 remaining between the three of us... he had to admit that numbers like 12, 16, 32, 36, ... 360... made life easier for division. Arguably the most challenging of the 4 basic arithmetic functions.

Most proffs, back then, defined problems with mix of English & Si and demanded answers in both. I've worked with both in great depth. I'll take English efficiency ANY day. Imo.
    08-15-17 11:58 AM
    the dark keys on the white keyboard are actually grey, and yes all the dark letters and symbols light up in a dark room, also the keys on the white keyboard are more stiff, matte and tactile than on the black keyboard, its very nice i think, i switched from the black model to the white model in June

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-15-17 05:34 PM
    Hmm... sounds worth a try... .

I wonder if the Gold keys feel "matte and tactile" or slick? Gold itself possesses interesting friction properties. Lol.
    08-16-17 04:13 AM
    Just an FYI on white 9900 KB's, and I think Collins touched on this.......sometimes the backlight does not go off when it is somewhat bright out and the backlighting sort of "fills" the white key and you cannot tell what the key is. It can be hard to read in certain odd situations when the backlight does not always go off immediately. I'm sure you are better at memorizing where all the keys are but for myself I find myself having to look at the KB for some keys. And that is my only issue with white.
    08-16-17 05:41 PM
    Ordered a case for my buddies LG G5, finally came in, installed the case for him and noticed the G5 stole BB's blinking message alert.

Pretty suprised!

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    08-17-17 02:30 AM
    Ordered a case for my buddies LG G5, finally came in, installed the case for him and noticed the G5 stole BB's blinking message alert.
    It's become pretty common on Android phones, but none of them ever seem as clear or execute the notification function via LED as well as the original BlackBerry handsets
    08-17-17 02:46 AM
8,754 ... 243244245246247 ...