Is there an issue when you put your sim in the phone that makes you think it is locked to O2? mine has a network branding from the network but it's unlocked. The unlocking codes are pretty cheap to find

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Just popped my Rogers SIM in and you're right... it's unlocked. I assumed it was locked because I was a bit miffed that they sent me a refurbished device instead of brand new!

As soon as I put the SIM in, I got a text that said "Pelase stand by as we initiate your Blackberry service. This could take up to 5 mins". And after 5 minutes... voila! I was able to add my email accounts!

Well.. except for my Gmail. It keeps saying "invalid email address or password". I got an email immediately after that saying they blocked a sign-in attempt from an app. I then turned "allow less secure apps" to ON in my Google settings but am still having the same issues. I feel bad if this has already been covered in this massive 9900 thread, but do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, ColinsCity!
    06-20-17 02:46 PM
    Just popped my Rogers SIM in and you're right... it's unlocked. I assumed it was locked because I was a bit miffed that they sent me a refurbished device instead of brand new!

As soon as I put the SIM in, I got a text that said "Pelase stand by as we initiate your Blackberry service. This could take up to 5 mins". And after 5 minutes... voila! I was able to add my email accounts!

Well.. except for my Gmail. It keeps saying "invalid email address or password". I got an email immediately after that saying they blocked a sign-in attempt from an app. I then turned "allow less secure apps" to ON in my Google settings but am still having the same issues. I feel bad if this has already been covered in this massive 9900 thread, but do you have any suggestions?

Thanks, ColinsCity!
    i sent you a private message on here with the link to blackberry's website where they give the steps to fix the issue, you have to authenticate your gmail account through a link which is in the instructions, its very easy.

06-20-17 03:05 PM
    Maybe you should try to remove the battery and check again.
    06-21-17 06:11 AM
    When I first got the 9900 for months I had an Enterprize box on my main apps that always run when you press and hold the dotted Blackberry button. I remember asking about how to solve this, and somehow I did because it is gone but like Collins said it might be because I have not had the sim in mine for some time now.

I think I even started a thread about that issue and I don't think much came of it..

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    06-22-17 01:22 AM
    Yesterday I got my White Bold 9900 with an arabic keyboard, I bought it on eBay for $30 and it's in really good condition, also I think the network bands are different because it actually works better on 2G/EDGE rather than the European model that was actually sold in Ireland which is so funny. 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-1498119662631.jpg
    Doug_M likes this.
    06-22-17 03:21 AM
    Yesterday I got my White Bold 9900 with an arabic keyboard, I bought it on eBay for $30 and it's in really good condition, also I think the network bands are different because it actually works better on 2G/EDGE rather than the European model that was actually sold in Ireland which is so funny. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1498119662631.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	425693
    That's a sweet looking device! The classic BlackBerry form factor really is a... well... Classic!

Been playing around with OS7 a bit this past week and I've forgotten how deep the OS actually is. I remember when I got my first every BlackBerry (Pearl 8100) and how completely confused and overwhelmed I was trying to figure out how it works. That legendary BB button houses sooooo many options it's crazy! The way the OS7 menu buttons work with the trackpad is so efficient. Copy and pasting and text editing is a dream on these legacy devices. I have the BB10 Classic and I never used the trackpad on it. But with the legacy OS, it's the perfect fusion of tactile preciseness and efficiency.
    idssteve likes this.
    06-22-17 08:31 AM
    That's a sweet looking device! The classic BlackBerry form factor really is a... well... Classic!

Been playing around with OS7 a bit this past week and I've forgotten how deep the OS actually is. I remember when I got my first every BlackBerry (Pearl 8100) and how completely confused and overwhelmed I was trying to figure out how it works. That legendary BB button houses sooooo many options it's crazy! The way the OS7 menu buttons work with the trackpad is so efficient. Copy and pasting and text editing is a dream on these legacy devices. I have the BB10 Classic and I never used the trackpad on it. But with the legacy OS, it's the perfect fusion of tactile preciseness and efficiency.
    My first BlackBerry was the 8800, i loved that phone, the keyboard on that phone was amazing. BlackBerry really did work hard on their OS because from 4.6 upwards it was more easier to navigate i think, i learned and adapted quickly to the 8800 so there was never an issue, the same with how i adapted to BB10, but i had the Q10 and missed the trackpad so much because i do a lot of copying and pasting and also the memopad on BB7 is so much better in my opinion based on what i do. The keys seem to be more tactile and clickier on the white Bold 9900 compared to my black one, maybe its the different materials used because of the different colour?

06-22-17 08:38 AM

^^^ this! ^^^. x1000! Really, really, wish they'd have included their years of legacy track GUI experience into BB10!! Or, maybe just skipped BB10 altogether and ported legacy GUI experience into droid (ug ) while fitting into 9900 form factor... . Dream? Nightmare?? Lol.

Thanks to the copy paste text selection efficiency, 9900 is an absolute master of spreadsheet editing. NOTHING is better, imo. I frequently choose to edit spreadsheets on 9900 rather than mess with desktop on desk in front of me.
    06-22-17 09:25 AM
    The keys seem to be more tactile and clickier on the white Bold 9900 compared to my black one, maybe its the different materials used because of the different colour?

I agree with you there. I have a black and a white Q10 and I feel that the white pkb has more click while the black one feels a bit mushier. I also have a white Passport as well as the SE and same thing there as well. In fact, the KEYone is the first black BB device I've had with side-by-side buttons that feels clickier -- much like the chicklet pkbs (i.e. Q5, Curves).

The best feeling pkb for me is still the Passport SE with the Bold 9900 coming in at a close second.
    06-22-17 09:26 AM
    FYI the new WhatsApp, while not in BBW, is available here: WhatsApp for BlackBerry

It installed and ran on my 9900 but it needs BIS.
    06-22-17 10:31 AM
    I agree with you there. I have a black and a white Q10 and I feel that the white pkb has more click while the black one feels a bit mushier.
    There seems to be variation between keyboards of the same colour as well. I've had several black keyboards in my 9900, and some have felt clickier than others.
    06-22-17 11:41 AM
    FYI the new WhatsApp, while not in BBW, is available here: WhatsApp for BlackBerry

If it requires BIS, that's a new development. It used to work with a regular data plan.
    06-22-17 11:42 AM
    If it requires BIS, that's a new development. It used to work with a regular data plan.
    Oh. It may indeed not require BIS then. I have a Telus prepaid SIM in my 9900 and the "Blackberry Social" data add-on that only gives you data for BBM, Twitter, FaceBook and MySpace (yup, MySpace).
    06-22-17 11:44 AM
    Oh. It may indeed not require BIS then. I have a Telus prepaid SIM in my 9900 and the "Blackberry Social" data add-on that only gives you data for BBM, Twitter, FaceBook and MySpace (yup, MySpace).
    That would make sense. They must permit access to those services and block all others.
    06-22-17 02:48 PM
    Yesterday I got my White Bold 9900 with an arabic keyboard, I bought it on eBay for $30 and it's in really good condition, also I think the network bands are different because it actually works better on 2G/EDGE rather than the European model that was actually sold in Ireland which is so funny. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1498119662631.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	425693
    My iPhone won't let me see your pic . I'll look later on the 99.

Looks like there is one for sale near me right now on kijiji, Chinese KB but for only 2 keys (which seems odd) the rest of the keys in English.

06-22-17 04:05 PM
    I agree with you there. I have a black and a white Q10 and I feel that the white pkb has more click while the black one feels a bit mushier. I also have a white Passport as well as the SE and same thing there as well. In fact, the KEYone is the first black BB device I've had with side-by-side buttons that feels clickier -- much like the chicklet pkbs (i.e. Q5, Curves).

The best feeling pkb for me is still the Passport SE with the Bold 9900 coming in at a close second.
    The last time i had a white phone was the Bold 9700 and even that was just white housing and keyboard i bought from China but that keyboard was more raised and clicky, i wonder what makes the white keyboard become more clicky. I'm really enjoying using the keyboard, but i have noticed that the network connection in the arab 9900 is working better than the european designed 9900 for the UK and Irish markets and i dont understand why, is it maybe that my network is using a frequency that is really suited for the arab designed Bold?

06-22-17 04:10 PM

Looks like there is one for sale near me right now on kijiji, Chinese KB but for only 2 keys (which seems odd) the rest of the keys in English.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8efed085ab.png
    That's a Japanese phone. If you're interested in it make sure it's unlocked (NTT Docomo phones are notoriously difficult to unlock), and that the frequencies will work with your provider. Japanese carriers *typically* use different bands than North American carriers.
    06-22-17 04:13 PM

I was so excited to download this, i have downloaded it, i have BIS and Wifi and it's telling me "please switch to a supported device" how does this even make sense when they have re-set the death date and i have been a whatsapp user on BlackBerry OS5,6,7 and 10 since 2010, i'm beyond confused. I didn't install whatsapp on this new phone i got yesterday because i was waiting for the update to come out.

06-22-17 04:19 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8efed085ab.png
    I'm loving the white Bold, i always wanted one haha and now i have one with an arabic keyboard something i've always wanted too.

EFats likes this.
    06-22-17 04:24 PM
    That's a Japanese phone. If you're interested in it make sure it's unlocked (NTT Docomo phones are notoriously difficult to unlock), and that the frequencies will work with your provider. Japanese carriers *typically* use different bands than North American carriers.
    Hmm K, and yeah they are advertizing it as UNLOCKED but isn't it strange that only 2 keys would be in Japanese? Why not the entire KB?

06-22-17 04:52 PM
    I'm loving the white Bold, i always wanted one haha and now i have one with an arabic keyboard something i've always wanted too.

MMMMMK but you are Irish!!?? haha. Yeah I saw your white one and it looks perfect! I also look for something when I see a white Bold, namely the KB to KB plate (under the space bar) for discolouration. Sometimes the plate changes to a yellowish colour instead of staying white. I believe this is because of the acetates in the plastic. I have a white pair of sunglasses from 2009 and they are almost yellow with age. Not all plastics have acetone apparently, but it is usually easy to tell of someone changed the KB or the plate because of this indication.

Yours looks brand new, like it is from a time capsule or something. I still do not notice ANY yellowing on my newer white KB and replacement plate.

06-22-17 04:57 PM
    MMMMMK but you are Irish!!?? haha. Yeah I saw your white one and it looks perfect! I also look for something when I see a white Bold, namely the KB to KB plate (under the space bar) for discolouration. Sometimes the plate changes to a yellowish colour instead of staying white. I believe this is because of the acetates in the plastic. I have a white pair of sunglasses from 2009 and they are almost yellow with age. Not all plastics have acetone apparently, but it is usually easy to tell of someone changed the KB or the plate because of this indication.

Yours looks brand new, like it is from a time capsule or something. I still do not notice ANY yellowing on my newer white KB and replacement plate.

The seller had a grey carbon fiber skin on the tray and on the bezel and back of the phone, i removed it from the front of the phone and it's new like he said it would be. i have always loved the arabic keyboard since i saw the Red ferrari edition of the Bold 9700 in 2010, i'm glad i have it now, its funny because i am irish but i love middle eastern things , by the way the phone took 4 days to arrive from Dubai and i didnt have to pay any customs on the phone, and the seller sent it without the battery so it didn't have such scrutiny in the mail sorting office in my country, so i've been very happy about everything related to the phone, i paid nearly the same price for the black one last year and it was in grade c condition, this one is in Grade A- condition and the shipping cost the same amount as the phone and was still around the same price as the white ones that are sold on eBay. EDGE is also working much faster and at a more reliable rate than on the black one which was originally locked to an irish network, i'm guessing the arab models have better EDGE band frequencies ?

06-22-17 05:10 PM
    HELP!!

Two days ago I have bought an BlackBerry Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 package 2807.

When reading on the internet that WhatsApp has extended their using for BBOS 7+ , I stood up and directly started downloading WhatsApp, but then when the downloading finished and I was setting up my WhatsApp it said my phone is too old and I should switch to another phone, because WhatsApp doesn't support my device anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Because it normally needs to work on my 9900 for extending of Whatsapp on my phone...

Anyone please help..

Thanks!!! (sending a private message is also OK )
    06-22-17 05:18 PM
    Hmm K, and yeah they are advertizing it as UNLOCKED but isn't it strange that only 2 keys would be in Japanese? Why not the entire KB?

I'm not sure about that. A physical qwerty keyboard doesn't seem like it would be a very useful thing for any of the three systems of Japanese writing (kanji, katakana or hiragana). There aren't enough keys even for the syllabic 'alphabets'. I think I recall reading that touchscreens offer much better options, and that even the predictive text function on Japanese flip phones was more convenient than a fixed qwerty keyboard.
    06-22-17 05:28 PM
    HELP!!

Two days ago I have bought an BlackBerry Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 package 2807.

When reading on the internet that WhatsApp has extended their using for BBOS 7+ , I stood up and directly started downloading WhatsApp, but then when the downloading finished and I was setting up my WhatsApp it said my phone is too old and I should switch to another phone, because WhatsApp doesn't support my device anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Because it normally needs to work on my 9900 for extending of Whatsapp on my phone...

Anyone please help..

Thanks!!! (sending a private message is also OK )
    Did you download the beta version? It's the one that usually works: http://beta.whatsapp.com/ota/
    06-22-17 06:10 PM
8,754 ... 235236237238239 ...