Can anyone confirm the status of encryption on OS7 emails with Verizon? Also is BIS still offered by Verizon? Anything limited on a Bold 9930 in 2017?
    Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed in another thread
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    05-07-17 11:02 PM
    I wonder if this is still a valid option:

Many problems associated with the implementation of an e-mail account on your phone or validate a password can be resolved by typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser and from there.
    ArbuckleWillis likes this.
    05-07-17 11:04 PM
    Does anyone know if they changed the name of the messaging server at Outlook? Maybe they made some minor change in the name but then I'm sure they would've alerted everyone to this.
    05-07-17 11:12 PM
    Can anyone confirm the status of encryption on OS7 emails with Verizon? Also is BIS still offered by Verizon? Anything limited on a Bold 9930 in 2017?
    Apologies in advance if this has already been addressed in another thread
    Regarding encryption and security, there was a woman in here a few months ago right in this thread who was working in IT and I believe she was a programmer. She said they ran a lot of test and she had nothing but the best things to say about OS7. The bulk of her conversations involved how severely android,a to a slightly lesser extent, iOS, is data mining and selling information like your ccontact lists off your phone.

Someone asked her about encryption I believe and I sure wish I made a note of the post number where she started talking. But I do remember her saying she was going to keep her use minimal, regarding how much information she puts on the Internet especially on a cellular device, and she was going to try to use the 9900 as long as possible because it passed her tests.

She sure sounded like she knew what she was talking about, I wonder if anyone in here remembers her name it was three or four months ago maybe and her posts were definitely worth reading! It was a major wake up call for security in my opinion.
    ArbuckleWillis likes this.
    05-07-17 11:17 PM
    Does anyone know if they changed the name of the messaging server at Outlook? Maybe they made some minor change in the name but then I'm sure they would've alerted everyone to this.
    I had to make a change to the ActiveSync server settings in my email apps a little over a month ago. But I think BIS connects to an IMAP server rather than ActiveSync, doesn't it?
    05-07-17 11:20 PM
    I had to make a change to the ActiveSync server settings in my email apps a little over a month ago. But I think BIS connects to an IMAP server rather than ActiveSync, doesn't it?
    I think I read it does, but you are the tech expert Shus

Edit: MushroomDaddy too

I wonder if this could be the problem.....

05-07-17 11:26 PM
    Another thing is I doubt that everyone's mailbox is full or out of storage space. And I doubt something like this would happen to a few people at the exact same time but what if there was some kind of mass spam or something? Has everyone checked their space when they login to outlook on desktop? Try cleaning out the junk and just see what happens.
    05-07-17 11:30 PM
    I just tweeted to verizon support to get a reply about BIS and security. Will update when I get a reply. Oh what we go through to be able to use our Blackberrys
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    05-07-17 11:35 PM
    I just tweeted to verizon support to get a reply about BIS and security. Will update when I get a reply. Oh what we go through to be able to use our Blackberrys
    I'm also waiting to hear back from Outlook. I sent them a detailed question about the verification issues. I doubt they'll get back to me tonight though, hopefully tomorrow
    05-07-17 11:37 PM
    05-07-17 11:39 PM
    Didn't specifically confirm BIS but certainly a quick reply
    05-07-17 11:40 PM
    Didn't specifically confirm BIS but certainly a quick reply
    That's great news. And also more good news I found where that IT professional was talking about the security on the 9900 and I found some of her posts and I'm gonna post them pretty interesting stuff she really starts talking in post 4298....

05-07-17 11:49 PM
    I'm now seeing that 20% of Outlook users that bothered to report are having issues receiving messages or emails… So it seems more people might be having the verification issue

05-08-17 01:22 AM
    Would that be #Sue-zz by the chance?

in reply to Ralph question about a woman
    Don't know why the quoted post from Ralph doen't show up.

Posted from my  Passport
    05-08-17 06:07 AM
    05-08-17 10:54 AM
    I think I read it does, but you are the tech expert Shus

Edit: MushroomDaddy too
    I certainly wouldn't pretend to be an expert on anything involving Microsoft. However, I do believe that Shuswap is correct about IMAP being the general route for MS email collection to BIS and the BB mail client.
    Personally, I'm not experiencing any problems accessing my work emails from a MS Exchange server via BIS, but that's through Outlook OWA (rather than IMAP or ActiveSync) and as they are collected from my University's IT server its very unlikely to be subject to the same problems that others are experiencing.
    I feel your pain but can't help
    05-08-17 11:42 AM
    I wouldn't claim to be an expert either, especially on matters related to BIS, since I've never had it. I recommended in another thread that people tweet BlackBerry and ask for help. Since there are no support forums anymore and no one here seems to know what happened (it's clearly a recent change of some sort), Twitter seems like the easiest channel to use to get an answer.
    05-08-17 12:52 PM
    I wouldn't claim to be an expert either, especially on matters related to BIS, since I've never had it. I recommended in another thread that people tweet BlackBerry and ask for help. Since there are no support forums anymore and no one here seems to know what happened (it's clearly a recent change of some sort), Twitter seems like the easiest channel to use to get an answer.
    On Twitter they will tell you "We're sorry. BlackBerry Support forum is EOL. Please go to crackberry.com/forums to find help..." Or there is also another option - BIS? Whate the heck is it?

In my opinion, this might be some small changes in infrastructure of the email providers and sooner or later we should(other who has Outlook.com) emails similar problems...

PS. My problem is the fact, that I can't sync my contacts with Outlook.com or Gmail.com. Calendar sync works fine with Gmail...
    05-08-17 01:42 PM
    Would that be #Sue-zz by the chance?

in reply to Ralph question about a woman
    Don't know why the quoted post from Ralph doen't show up.

Posted from my  Passport
    Yes that's her. Not sure why the photos aren't showing in here but the iMore Forums having the same problem, and even posts by iPhones can't be seen by everyone
    05-08-17 06:20 PM
    I certainly wouldn't pretend to be an expert on anything involving Microsoft. However, I do believe that Shuswap is correct about IMAP being the general route for MS email collection to BIS and the BB mail client.
    Personally, I'm not experiencing any problems accessing my work emails from a MS Exchange server via BIS, but that's through Outlook OWA (rather than IMAP or ActiveSync) and as they are collected from my University's IT server its very unlikely to be subject to the same problems that others are experiencing.
    I feel your pain but can't help
    You know a LOT more than I do buddy
    05-08-17 06:21 PM
    If it wasn't for your help including where I should get a proper blackberry branded keyboard from, I would still be looking for one!

We all make a pretty good team in here, we all seem to know about different things and I think it was a year ago this month this thread came to life.

Yes I'm surprised that I can't find any mention on Twitter about this and outlook never got back to me yet. At least the Downdetector app is showing some people are having an issue with receiving emails now so it's probably not the isolated few.
    05-08-17 06:22 PM
    On Twitter they will tell you "We're sorry. BlackBerry Support forum is EOL. Please go to crackberry.com/forums to find help..." Or there is also another option - BIS? Whate the heck is it?
    Haha. So true! Maybe they should start paying us
    05-08-17 06:25 PM
    OK if anyone is still having the outlook verification issue for emails here is the number they said can be called ......toll free.....and yes they know it is for the Blackberry Legacy devices

1800-642-7676
    anon(8063781) and idssteve like this.
    05-08-17 07:10 PM
    So I got the Bold today: they accidentally sent a white one. I also forgot how small the device is. Probably sending it back and moving on to another Classic. I know, I'm a chump but even if BIS was fully operational like it should be I was surprised at how small the keys are.
    05-08-17 08:57 PM
    So I got the Bold today: they accidentally sent a white one. I also forgot how small the device is. Probably sending it back and moving on to another Classic. I know, I'm a chump but even if BIS was fully operational like it should be I was surprised at how small the keys are.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6579f76565.png
    Nah. You like what you like. Never be sorry about that. It's a great device for some and not for others. Like every other device.
    05-08-17 09:43 PM
8,754 ... 223224225226227 ...