I already have a Priv so i wouldn't upgrade to a KeyOne, i enjoy the slider layout. I need to have 2 separate phones, the one thing about the 9900 is the Memopad that will never be matched in BB10 and the memopad is something i use mutilple times per day, what i remember from using my Q10 was how small the writing was in the BB10 memopad and it was always harder reading it too with the red underline in non english words.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Getting back to the Bold :

Had you tried un installing whatsapp and re installing through BB world ?
    05-05-17 07:52 AM
    I already have a Priv so i wouldn't upgrade to a KeyOne, i enjoy the slider layout. I need to have 2 separate phones, the one thing about the 9900 is the Memopad that will never be matched in BB10 and the memopad is something i use mutilple times per day, what i remember from using my Q10 was how small the writing was in the BB10 memopad and it was always harder reading it too with the red underline in non english words.

I have never liked the Remember app either. So when I started using BlackBerry 10, I went looking for something as straightforward as the old Memos app. I found an Android app called Simplenote. It has a simple interface and cloud synchronization, so you can keep your notes in sync with other Android, iOS, BlackBerry 10, and even webOS devices. It has no noticeable effect on battery life.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    05-05-17 08:09 AM

There is talk now that Nemory has an app to bypass shutdown date.
    If whatsapp goes down at the end of June , I will certainly give it a try.
    ( worth the gamble at $3.00 )
    Bla1ze made a review of this in the Home page. Whatsup it is named. From his review, it has similar problem as the side loaded Anroids version. But if there is no better choice...
    I guess i'll try it out after May.

Posted from my  Passport
    05-05-17 10:35 AM
    I have never liked the Remember app either. So when I started using BlackBerry 10, I went looking for something as straightforward as the old Memos app. I found an Android app called Simplenote. It has a simple interface and cloud synchronization, so you can keep your notes in sync with other Android, iOS, BlackBerry 10, and even webOS devices. It has no noticeable effect on battery life.
    +1 for Simplenote on the Q10, it 'does what it says on the tin' - allows you to make simple (text) notes and is about as close to memopad as you can get with BB10.
    Simplenote also has a pretty decent web browser interface so that you can access & edit your notes on any PC/Mac. There are also desktop apps but personally I find the web browser perfectly adequate.
    Although I still use the 9900 as my main device all my memopad notes get sync'd with simplenote (via memotoo and OneMediaHub) so that I can access them on all my devices.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-05-17 05:14 PM
    Thanks for that, i downloaded it in Google Play store for my Priv, it really has such a simple design like the BBOS MemoPad, i'm happy about this.

05-06-17 08:06 AM
    Are any of the 99xx users experiencing issues with receiving emails using hotmail, live or outlook?

Beginning on May 3rd, I started getting notifications from BlackBerry Limited that I needed to validate the live and outlook email accounts. did that and they emails statred to be received. But then every two hours, I would get the same "validation" requests.

As of this morning, I am not receiving emails on these two accounts even if I go into the set up and reenter my passwords.

Any comment or help would be appreciated!
    05-06-17 04:10 PM
    Are any of the 99xx users experiencing issues with receiving emails using hotmail, live or outlook?

Beginning on May 3rd, I started getting notifications from BlackBerry Limited that I needed to validate the live and outlook email accounts. did that and they emails statred to be received. But then every two hours, I would get the same "validation" requests.

As of this morning, I am not receiving emails on these two accounts even if I go into the set up and reenter my passwords.

On the 3rd of May I also received those messages.

First at about 5 and another nearly midnight.

I validated only once and seems to be working.
    05-06-17 05:16 PM
    I actually emailed Whatsapp about this and they told me in the email that after June 30th the sideloaded android Whatsapp will continue to work indefinitely as long as the android version is compatible, so the sideloaded whatsapp is always an option. I downloaded the beta version but it was the same message, should i delete the app from my phone and then download beta version?

Since BB10 ART is stuck at 4.3 this is correct. However as they say, until Android version is not compatible, meaning 4.4 which is possible with any possible upgrades. I mean Android is now on 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 now.
    05-06-17 06:25 PM
    Since BB10 ART is stuck at 4.3 this is correct. However as they say, until Android version is not compatible, meaning 4.4 which is possible with any possible upgrades. I mean Android is now on 7.1.1 or 7.1.2 now.
    That's True, however Whatsapp will continue to support Android 4.3 versions for a long time, it's taken them years to stop the lower versions of Android 2. I think Whatsapp APK will work on BB10 for probably 2-3 years, and maybe blackberry will update the Android Runtime to support Android 5 or 6 which would be a smart move if they don't want to alienate all their customers.

05-06-17 06:29 PM

You may need to sign into your email account on your laptop and check the security settings and if there's a Turn On Less Secure Apps option then select that, the same happens with Gmail, BIS is seen as a threat to their security, Outlook and hotmail are probably implementing some things now.

05-06-17 06:31 PM
    After 2 and a half weeks my Network service came back full time, if it had gone into next week it would have been three weeks, i'm so glad that it's back, now i'm not interested in the Classic anymore haha.

05-06-17 06:32 PM
    That's True, however Whatsapp will continue to support Android 4.3 versions for a long time, it's taken them years to stop the lower versions of Android 2. I think Whatsapp APK will work on BB10 for probably 2-3 years, and maybe blackberry will update the Android Runtime to support Android 5 or 6 which would be a smart move if they don't want to alienate all their customers.

BlackBerry couldn't update ART before since PRIV and DTEK models prohibited them from upgrading ART on BB10. Since they're still involved heavily with TCL licensing Android handsets, probably still prohibited.
    05-06-17 06:34 PM
    BlackBerry couldn't update ART before since PRIV and DTEK models prohibited them from upgrading ART on BB10. Since they're still involved heavily with TCL licensing Android handsets, probably still prohibited.
    Oh wow i didn't know that, is it prohibited as it might cause people to stick with BB10 instead of upgrading to an Android run BlackBerry?

05-06-17 06:38 PM
    Oh wow i didn't know that, is it prohibited as it might cause people to stick with BB10 instead of upgrading to an Android run BlackBerry?

Apparently, Google forces Android phone manufacturers to sign anti-fragmentation agreements in which the manufacturers promise not to produce alternative versions of Android. With its Android runtime, BB10 could be seen to constitute an alternative version of Android.

Here are a couple of articles discussing the practice:

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/25/1...roid-not-apple

http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...clause-749329/
    05-06-17 06:53 PM
    Apparently, Google forces Android phone manufacturers to sign anti-fragmentation agreements in which the manufacturers promise not to produce alternative versions of Android. With its Android runtime, BB10 could be seen to constitute an alternative version of Android.

Here are a couple of articles discussing the practice:

https://www.theverge.com/2016/4/25/1...roid-not-apple

http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...clause-749329/
    I guess it makes sense, especially from a business perspective, they are making android based phones now so to update something and give it longevity might be seen as giving an alternative, but it's funny because if the apps just decided to not be petty and make the apps for BB10 back in 2013 then it wouldn't be an issue. Actually i think Instagram on OS7 would have been amazing just like the Twitter app. It was such a missed opportunity because they were too busy trying to be elite and only being an iPhone only app for years.

05-06-17 07:33 PM
    I absolutely love the bb is devices. I have an iPhone 7 plus that works great for photos but I just don't like tapping on glass not to mention the bland design. I borrowed my 9930 to a friend about a year ago and never got it back so I'm thinking I should pick another one up online quick before they disappear! Another plus of these devices is the fact that they are easy to repair. I replaced the keyboard on my 9930 twice over about a 5 year period and it cost me less than 10 dollars and 10 minutes of time. Plus it doesn't feel like I'm wearing plate armor hauling the phone around. I'm currently using a 9810 torch which I never had back in the day and I love it as well!! That forum isn't as active though
    05-07-17 10:45 AM
    I'm currently using a 9810 torch which I never had back in the day and I love it as well!! That forum isn't as active though
    I think this thread is useful (or at least entertaining) to anyone with an OS6 or OS7 device. I've thought about getting a Torch slider from time to time, but have never pulled the trigger. I already have a Palm Pre3, so it kind of feels like I have a slider of the same vintage already. But combining that screen size with OS7 would be nice.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    05-07-17 10:59 AM
    I got mine on eBay for less than $15 shipped. It was in great shape but network locked and IT had disabled the camera so I had to factory restore it by doing some command line tricks. You can get a good used one in very good shape for $30 or less right now so I say why not?
    05-07-17 11:02 AM
    I think this thread is useful (or at least entertaining) to anyone with an OS6 or OS7 device. I've thought about getting a Torch slider from time to time, but have never pulled the trigger. I already have a Palm Pre3, so it kind of feels like I have a slider of the same vintage already. But combining that screen size with OS7 would be nice.
    The keyboard is really nice on it and I'm surprised at how much I love the screen size. Plus it's another beautifully designed BB device to admire!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-07-17 11:03 AM
    I guess it makes sense, especially from a business perspective, they are making android based phones now so to update something and give it longevity might be seen as giving an alternative, but it's funny because if the apps just decided to not be petty and make the apps for BB10 back in 2013 then it wouldn't be an issue. Actually i think Instagram on OS7 would have been amazing just like the Twitter app. It was such a missed opportunity because they were too busy trying to be elite and only being an iPhone only app for years.

Glad you got Whatsapp back (if I read accurately?)

As of a month ago I was able to upload to IG via the app on the 9900. It's pretty crude but at least it was ok for what I needed to do and if I needed to see all the detail I would just swap to the Ipad app and see the full site. I'll test it again right now.....

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    05-07-17 07:02 PM
    My IG might not be working. All the options are there for uploading right from my photo album but not seeing the results when I check IG on other devices....

05-07-17 07:12 PM
    Glad you got Whatsapp back (if I read accurately?)

As of a month ago I was able to upload to IG via the app on the 9900. It's pretty crude but at least it was ok for what I needed to do and if I needed to see all the detail I would just swap to the Ipad app and see the full site. I'll test it again right now.....

Unfortunately i have exhausted every avenue to get Whatsapp to work on my phone again but it didn't work. What is working again are the emails and everything else after a 2 and a half week data outage with the network i'm with, it wasn't even BIS related because other non blackberry customers were affected here too, some quite worse actually, especially the newer phones that hate being in EDGE mode lol.

05-07-17 07:36 PM
    Hey Ralph, I have not read that you have chimed in on the @live, @hotmail and @outlook users are being asked repeatedly to "validate" their email accounts. I love the 99xx BlackBerry, but this validation every two or three hours is ridiculous! Any insight?

See below!

05-07-17 08:13 PM
    Hey Ralph, I have not read that you have chimed in on the @live, @hotmail and @outlook users are being asked repeatedly to "validate" their email accounts. I love the 99xx BlackBerry, but this validation every two or three hours is ridiculous! Any insight?

See below!

I did see the other thread for this and I thought I would research it a little tonite.

I went to the Down Detector site and did not see anything for this specific issue

So then I thought I would look into Twitter and check if anyone was having issues for this and while there are some people having problems, I have to look more into it.

This is the page where people are talking about the problems associated with Outlook....

https://mobile.twitter.com/outlook

I would have thought it probably an issue with the desktop settings but on all of my devices and have the best luck with Hotmail/Outlook and it was always Gmail I had some issues with. But I have not had issues since I got Gmail activated after "allowing less secure devices" and then turning it off again.

Currently I am not receiving email on my 9900 so I wish I could be more help.
    05-07-17 10:44 PM
    What I'm going to do is ask the tech guys at Outlook and see what they say and then I'll get back to you
    05-07-17 10:45 PM
8,754 ... 222223224225226 ...