Hmm if you think the 9900/9930 are weenie, it is in good company.....

Maybe small devices will make a comeback
    04-21-17 11:22 PM
    I would rather have the 9981 over the 9983 because i would miss the trackpad just like i missed it when i used the Q10 for an entire three years i just kept missing the trackpad so much, when i sell the iPhone 6 i might use some of the money to buy a 9981, it seems to be slightly wider than the 9900 which is nice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Ya, I think I would too. But consider this. Soon (and I don't know how soon) the blackberry data plan (BIS) will not be available and this will really cripple usage of both the BB9900 and P9981. Sure there are pain-in-the-butt work arounds -and I have tried them when I used the 9900 without BIS and it was a real cluge unlike with the BIS (bb data plan). It you want to purchase the P9981 as a collector then no problem with you but keep in mind the work-arounds you will be forced to do when Blackberry themselves shuts down BIS.
    04-22-17 03:29 AM
    Ya, I think I would too. But consider this. Soon (and I don't know how soon) the blackberry data plan (BIS) will not be available and this will really cripple usage of both the BB9900 and P9981. Sure there are pain-in-the-butt work arounds -and I have tried them when I used the 9900 without BIS and it was a real cluge unlike with the BIS (bb data plan). It you want to purchase the P9981 as a collector then no problem with you but keep in mind the work-arounds you will be forced to do when Blackberry themselves shuts down BIS.
    For email, most of the work-arounds no longer work. The last working free email solutions are Picomail (which very few people would put up with as a primary email client) and the browser.

There are paid solutions (AstraSync and NotifySync) for EAS accounts. They still work (I tested AstraSync's trial version just this week) but the pricing is more than most people would want to pay. A Q10 or Classic would be a much better choice when BIS services are shut down, if those phones still function at that point. If not, maybe there will be a KEYone mini in the future. :P

Posted via CB10
    04-22-17 09:07 AM
    That Porsche 9983, is that all exactly the same guts as the 9900 like including cameras and everything or what?
    AFAIK, P9983 is Q10 based. 9981 would be the 9900 derivative. AFAIK. The fact that BB built the first Porsche design 9981 on 9900 says VOLUMES about RIM's investment into 9900's flagship status, imo.
    04-22-17 09:13 AM
    For email, most of the work-arounds no longer work. The last working free email solutions are Picomail (which very few people would put up with as a primary email client) and the browser.

There are paid solutions (AstraSync and NotifySync) for EAS accounts. They still work (I tested AstraSync's trial version just this week) but the pricing is more than most people would want to pay. A Q10 or Classic would be a much better choice when BIS services are shut down, if those phones still function at that point. If not, maybe there will be a KEYone mini in the future. :P

Posted via CB10
    +1 for K1 mini! Stuff K1 guts into 9900 chassis and even this old "Google resister" will stand in line for a week to pay Porsche prices for one... Mostly to sit charging in desk doc until AFTER my 99 dies from BIS euthanasia, at least. Lol.
    04-22-17 09:32 AM
    People should be getting updates for the 9900 considering how many people still use them. My original iPad from 2010 only had updates for about a year and a half. I kept using it for almost 3 years. My iPhone 5c, they had updates for four years on that model, way longer than any android supposedly, so I'm thinking how hard would it be to just cover some security patches and send one out if there's still 10 million people using this thing,

But at the same time I understand about progress and blah blah blah we know how it goes :-)
    Assuming BB still generates revenue from BIS (not sure how they're charging me for it??) they might more easily justify expenditures to prolong that revenue generation by prolonging 9900 lifespan.?? At least legacy stuff still generates something, afaik.

BUT, afaik, the old BBOS guys are long gone. Even the qnx/bb10 bunch is pretty much a skeleton crew, afaik. Maybe a bigger point is what might THOSE clowns break? Idk if I'd trust 99's functionality to the crew who fubar'd Classic's calendar. Lol.
    04-22-17 09:48 AM
    AFAIK, P9983 is Q10 based. 9981 would be the 9900 derivative. AFAIK. The fact that BB built the first Porsche design 9981 on 9900 says VOLUMES about RIM's investment into 9900's flagship status, imo.
    I always thought the keys looked awkie as heck to type on with the Porsche. To me at least, it just looks like the letters are tiny and cramped, and I don't like the appearance of the keys. The 9900's is "familiar" like an old pair of comfortable shoes we wear and love, more simple and logically presented...

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    idssteve likes this.
    04-22-17 12:37 PM
    Assuming BB still generates revenue from BIS (not sure how they're charging me for it??) they might more easily justify expenditures to prolong that revenue generation by prolonging 9900 lifespan.?? At least legacy stuff still generates something, afaik.

BUT, afaik, the old BBOS guys are long gone. Even the qnx/bb10 bunch is pretty much a skeleton crew, afaik. Maybe a bigger point is what might THOSE clowns break? Idk if I'd trust 99's functionality to the crew who fubar'd Classic's calendar. Lol.
    We know it will be gone eventually, regarding BIS, but for now, I think Blackberry is thinking "do we really want to eliminate half of our user base by killing BIS, how would that look to the world and the BB shareholders?"

This is assuming still that over 10 million of the total 18-20 million global Blackberry users are still on Legacy in various countries.
    04-22-17 12:46 PM
    We know it will be gone eventually, regarding BIS, but for now, I think Blackberry is thinking "do we really want to eliminate half of our user base by killing BIS, how would that look to the world and the BB shareholders?"

This is assuming still that over 10 million of the total 18-20 million global Blackberry users are still on Legacy in various countries.
    Yes, and also i think many european BIS users are using one server in the Netherlands these days so it many countries are supported by one server in one country then it wouldn't cost that much, but i do think when BIS is ended i will get the Classic, i'm sure the email will work on that phone indefinitely considering it's not BIS based, i do think there should be a BB10 update that can support at least android runtime 5 because some of the apps might stop support for android 4 OS. One thing i would really miss about the 9900 would be the convenience key which is set to the memopad which is such an important tool for me. But i hope there's at least another 3-5 years left in BIS. 10 million people is still a lot of people to be using something, many singers can't even get 10 million people to buy their albums when they have millions of social media followers so it's great that blackberry still has support in the millions.

04-22-17 01:27 PM
    A little update on the Gmail issue i was facing, There is always a 3-5 minute delay in receiving emails from the Hotmail account so i can't ever tell if everything is being affected but it's definitely a network issue this time as opposed to last Septembers Gmail outage that was crazy. What has been happening is that since Tuesday the network i am with has been having different types of outages some customers have no signal and no data, others have signal but little to no data connection, the network did admit there was a problem, it hopefully is being fixed now because i'm getting the emails again but that was so many days, they must have really damaged their servers here.

04-22-17 01:33 PM
    Hmm if you think the 9900/9930 are weenie, it is in good company.....

Maybe small devices will make a comeback
    That phone is way too small, imaging having to type on that screen? There are smaller android phones because many people do not want to have to carry a phone bigger than 4-5 inches in total size. My sister didn't like the size of the iPhone 6 so she kept using her 5s until the SE was available. Also, many pockets can't accommodate such large phones, i have about 2-3 pairs of jeans that i can't wear because i can't put the Priv in the pocket, i would have loved if they launched a mini Priv with just a smaller screen between 4.7-5 inches but kept the same width because its the perfect width.

04-22-17 01:38 PM
    Yes, and also i think many european BIS users are using one server in the Netherlands these days so it many countries are supported by one server in one country then it wouldn't cost that much, but i do think when BIS is ended i will get the Classic, i'm sure the email will work on that phone indefinitely considering it's not BIS based, i do think there should be a BB10 update that can support at least android runtime 5 because some of the apps might stop support for android 4 OS. One thing i would really miss about the 9900 would be the convenience key which is set to the memopad which is such an important tool for me. But i hope there's at least another 3-5 years left in BIS. 10 million people is still a lot of people to be using something, many singers can't even get 10 million people to buy their albums when they have millions of social media followers so it's great that blackberry still has support in the millions.

I think it'll still be around for a while.
    04-22-17 03:12 PM
    I think it'll still be around for a while.
    I'm hoping for that to be the case, i love to use the Bold 9900, maybe i will get the 9981 in a few months haha

04-22-17 03:16 PM
    That phone is way too small, imaging having to type on that screen? There are smaller android phones because many people do not want to have to carry a phone bigger than 4-5 inches in total size. My sister didn't like the size of the iPhone 6 so she kept using her 5s until the SE was available. Also, many pockets can't accommodate such large phones, i have about 2-3 pairs of jeans that i can't wear because i can't put the Priv in the pocket, i would have loved if they launched a mini Priv with just a smaller screen between 4.7-5 inches but kept the same width because its the perfect width.

There's no way I can get my iPhone 7 comfortably in my front pocket and you can't turn it sideways, so I need cargo pants or shorts. In the winter I sometimes wear jeans so I actually ordered the OtterBox commuter for my iPhone 7 and this fall I'm going to get the optional belt clip holster from another company that makes them to fit.

In 2014 I bought a BlackBerry hip holster in leather and I believe it was for a Z10. It fit the 5C perfectly and it actually does fit the iPhone 7 nicely but only if it's not in a case. So because I will use an otter box and I really want to protection I don't want to drop this thing so I'm going to have to get that belt clip attachment device.

Here is my BlackBerry holster I've been using with my iPhones, Blackberry always has the best quality cases and I refuse to buy one of those $10 ones off eBay and they fall apart with in adequate stitching cheap plastic etc. And I insist it has the belt clip like this, it is locked and no way a device can fall off your hip. I paid $39 for this case in 2014…9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1492892203.532711.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1492892230.183315.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1492892250.311757.jpg
    04-22-17 03:18 PM
    There's no way I can get my iPhone 7 comfortably in my front pocket and you can't turn it sideways, so I need cargo pants or shorts. In the winter I sometimes wear jeans so I actually ordered the OtterBox commuter for my iPhone 7 and this fall I'm going to get the optional belt clip holster from another company that makes them to fit.

In 2014 I bought a BlackBerry hip holster in leather and I believe it was for a Z10. It fit the 5C perfectly and it actually does fit the iPhone 7 nicely but only if it's not in a case. So because I will use an otter box and I really want to protection I don't want to drop this thing so I'm going to have to get that belt clip attachment device.

Here is my BlackBerry holster I've been using with my iPhones, Blackberry always has the best quality cases and I refuse to buy one of those $10 ones off eBay and they fall apart with in adequate stitching cheap plastic etc. And I insist it has the belt clip like this, it is locked and no way a device can fall off your hip. I paid $39 for this case in 2014…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1492892203.532711.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	421685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1492892230.183315.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	421686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1492892250.311757.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	258.4 KB 
ID:	421687
    thats cool, i never carry the phones visibly unless its the Bold 9900 because phone's get stolen here so the holster would be an invitation to the poor thieves here haha.

04-22-17 03:22 PM
    thats cool, i never carry the phones visibly unless its the Bold 9900 because phone's get stolen here so the holster would be an invitation to the poor thieves here haha.

Haha 9900 FTW, it is too "ghetto" to ever get stolen haha

Ya I have a buddy who refuses to wear on the hip because it is not "sexy" in case a woman sees him
    04-22-17 03:59 PM
    Haha 9900 FTW, it is too "ghetto" to ever get stolen haha

Ya I have a buddy who refuses to wear on the hip because it is not "sexy" in case a woman sees him
    Yeah, nobody is going to steal an old blackberry here especially considering how unpopular there are here, no store has had one on display since 2013, and they rarely sell at a high enough price to risk the crime, plus that notice of whatsapp not being supported on blackberry phones was everywhere, i do like the compactness of the 9900 it's easier to hold and do things if your out and about, i just wish there was some type of instagram client for OS7

04-22-17 06:03 PM
    Yeah, nobody is going to steal an old blackberry here especially considering how unpopular there are here, no store has had one on display since 2013, and they rarely sell at a high enough price to risk the crime, plus that notice of whatsapp not being supported on blackberry phones was everywhere, i do like the compactness of the 9900 it's easier to hold and do things if your out and about, i just wish there was some type of instagram client for OS7

Ya it's like my dad's 1979 Nova, that thing is as safe as a bear in its layer during hibernation in winter!

So the IG client is dead now? Too bad it always worked good for me
    04-22-17 06:32 PM
    Made this today, it can be symbolic for all the bickering in the world

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1492903994.582328.jpg
    Berry Happy 2 likes this.
    04-22-17 06:33 PM
    Ya it's like my dad's 1979 Nova, that thing is as safe as a bear in its layer during hibernation in winter!

So the IG client is dead now? Too bad it always worked good for me
    It probably still works it's just not available on BlackBerry World and i can't seem to find the file online anywhere, do you still have the file for Client for Instagram?

04-22-17 07:17 PM
    It probably still works it's just not available on BlackBerry World and i can't seem to find the file online anywhere, do you still have the file for Client for Instagram?

Well I only have it from App World on my 99.

I'm not sure what I can do to help
    04-22-17 07:44 PM
    I always thought the keys looked awkie as heck to type on with the Porsche. To me at least, it just looks like the letters are tiny and cramped, and I don't like the appearance of the keys. The 9900's is "familiar" like an old pair of comfortable shoes we wear and love, more simple and logically presented...

The letters are indeed tiny and hard to read the symbols on them. Day n night difference between the 9900 keypad and the Porche 9983. The only reason I would take out my P9983 on the town was if I was wearing a tux and going to a ritzy joint! lol
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    04-23-17 07:23 AM
    Anybody got a working version of whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 01:42 PM
    Anybody got a working version of whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    Did the beta stop working?
    04-23-17 05:24 PM
    Why can't all cell phones of every make have the rubberized material on the back outer edges that the 9900 has!?

Probably because it would virtually eliminate the need for a cell case, or at least one of the "grippy" bumper/cases. This material (I am assuming it is also silicone on the back?) would be awesome to have just even on the outer edges of where you grip the device between the tips of your finger to your palm where it nestles tightly.

04-23-17 09:36 PM
8,754 ... 218219220221222 ...