TrackBall (Pearl) represented a wonderful leap in mobile HMI progress, imo. Reliability suffered, tho. Typically due to lint, etc, getting into its mechanics. Much like the old desktop "ball mouse". I still have several spare TrackBall assemblies I once carried for emergency repairs. Replacement was about a one minute operation.

Optical TrackPad represented a giant leap in reliability while affording the ultimate in mobile (and even desktop) HMI precision and efficiency. Imo. What, afterall, does touch HMI do that isn't done as well, if not better, by our optical trackpad? Occupy both hands? Lol.

9000 was certainly part of the evolutionary experience that ultimately led to our 9900! .
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    04-16-17 07:26 AM
    Tried asking in the 9790 forums but that seems to be less active than this place!

Basically I bought a 9790 recently - tried to set up my account and my email and calendar work no problem, but my contacts can't sync for some reason.

I've already tried wiping the OS and reloading it using BBSAK and the launcher.

The problem that occurs is that while the email and calendar synch's just fine - when I try to synchronize the contacts from said account, it gives me the message "activation is still in process" and it basically stays that way, such that my contacts can never synch.
    04-16-17 01:42 PM
    I can still use the Facebook app "Chat" function, see all my friends, etc.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    04-16-17 10:24 PM
    Wow there's a lot of posts here =D

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-16-17 11:08 PM
    Tried asking in the 9790 forums but that seems to be less active than this place!

Basically I bought a 9790 recently - tried to set up my account and my email and calendar work no problem, but my contacts can't sync for some reason.

I've already tried wiping the OS and reloading it using BBSAK and the launcher.

The problem that occurs is that while the email and calendar synch's just fine - when I try to synchronize the contacts from said account, it gives me the message "activation is still in process" and it basically stays that way, such that my contacts can never synch.
    What is the host for your email, contacts etc., Google, MS-exchange, or something else? If you provide a bit more detail about what you are trying to sync to, somebody here may be able to help.
    04-17-17 03:37 AM
    What is the host for your email, contacts etc., Google, MS-exchange, or something else? If you provide a bit more detail about what you are trying to sync to, somebody here may be able to help.
    The host is Google

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    04-17-17 07:02 AM
    Ah that explains it ...
    If you search the 9900 forums you'll find that syncing Google contacts is a known issue on BIS. I've previously posted a link to a KB article and BB support forums that document the problem. I don't have time to find that right now but (if you can't find it by searching) could dig it up when next on my desktop.
    04-17-17 09:53 AM
    Wow there's a lot of posts here =D

What devices do you use?
    04-17-17 06:58 PM
    Ah that explains it ...
    If you search the 9900 forums you'll find that syncing Google contacts is a known issue on BIS. I've previously posted a link to a KB article and BB support forums that document the problem. I don't have time to find that right now but (if you can't find it by searching) could dig it up when next on my desktop.
    I found it - still doesn't work. I actually just give-up!

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can somehow transfer my contacts list - which is synch'd with Google - to my phone?

Is there another longer method that I can use?

Update: Also btw - just noticed that when the phone is synching, the icon associated with it is "enterprise activation" and it's stuck at 55% with the "calendar" complete but "contacts" is stuck at "initializing"....
    Last edited by evodevo69; 04-17-17 at 08:43 PM.
    04-17-17 08:20 PM
    What devices do you use?
    I have something from each, my daily driver is my Q10, and I also have an ipad air and LG V10 for media and gaming

04-17-17 10:44 PM
    I found it - still doesn't work. I actually just give-up!

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can somehow transfer my contacts list - which is synch'd with Google - to my phone?

Is there another longer method that I can use?
    If you have a computer and BlackBerry Desktop, it looks like you could export your Google contacts to a CSV File (see http://www.akruto.com/backup-phone-c...-csv-or-vcard/) and import them to your BlackBerry (following these steps: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/impor...rry-55192.html)

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 11:23 PM
    I have something from each, my daily driver is my Q10, and I also have an ipad air and LG V10 for media and gaming

Cools! I got an iPad Air also, its starting to slow down a bit tho, all those constant bombardment of updates on the apps just drags it down when it is older. Not much we can do about it.

I almost bought the Q10 at the electronics store where I got my 9900 but in the end I had too many fond memories with my 9780 and I had to have the trackpad ....
    04-18-17 12:30 AM
    London Drugs in Canada still providing accessories for the older Legacy...

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1492503980.795562.jpg

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1492503994.778748.jpg

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1492504019.280497.jpg
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-18-17 03:27 AM
    More KB articles on Google contacts synchronisation, for those who are interested

The following is noteworthy –
    Contact synchronization occurs every four hours and is limited to 10,000 contacts. Once this number is reached, data synchronization of new contacts will stop and the BlackBerry smartphone user will get the following message:

You have reached the maximum number of contacts allowed by your <emailaddress> account. The BlackBerry Internet Service will continue to synchronize the existing contacts for <emailaddress> on your BlackBerry device to your <emailaddress> account. You can continue to add contacts for <emailaddress> to your BlackBerry device but the BlackBerry Internet Service will not synchronize these new contacts with your <emailaddress> account.
    04-18-17 04:34 AM
    Well thanks for all the help - I managed to rectify the issue when I had completely given up and performed what I thought was a security wipe - phone came back on like it was wiped with that animation at the beginning.

But my email was still registered in the settings! And it finally said "activation complete" - thus my contacts and calendar synchronized wirelessly without issue.

Pretty weird how when I did the security wipe it didn't fully wipe the device...

04-18-17 07:25 PM
    Well thanks for all the help - I managed to rectify the issue when I had completely given up and performed what I thought was a security wipe - phone came back on like it was wiped with that animation at the beginning.

But my email was still registered in the settings! And it finally said "activation complete" - thus my contacts and calendar synchronized wirelessly without issue.

Pretty weird how when I did the security wipe it didn't fully wipe the device...

Well, that's weird, but let's go with it
    04-18-17 08:09 PM
    Cools! I got an iPad Air also, its starting to slow down a bit tho, all those constant bombardment of updates on the apps just drags it down when it is older. Not much we can do about it.

I almost bought the Q10 at the electronics store where I got my 9900 but in the end I had too many fond memories with my 9780 and I had to have the trackpad ....
    Nice! My ipad is slow now too : ( not to big of deal since I barely use it anymore. Never got to have a 9900, wanted one, actually still want one I thought it would be weird not having a trackpad since my las BlackBerry was a 8320 but I've definitely gotten used to the Q10 love it! But I wouldn't mind getting a classic later on(blue one)

04-18-17 08:37 PM

Surprised that fixed the issue. So many people were having this problem last year in here that I was even telling people "never expect a 5 year old device to do what a new one can." But apparently the 9900 has its surprising moments of amazement, and it feels good.
    04-18-17 09:00 PM
    Nice! My ipad is slow now too : ( not to big of deal since I barely use it anymore. Never got to have a 9900, wanted one, actually still want one I thought it would be weird not having a trackpad since my las BlackBerry was a 8320 but I've definitely gotten used to the Q10 love it! But I wouldn't mind getting a classic later on(blue one)

Haha ya I might have to eventually break down and get that new "budget" iPad, the new one with the A9 chip from the iPhone 6S because I need one when I am out with friends, cafe, etc.

8320? Was that a trackpad or the trackball? Either way there is something about how great the 9900 feels using the trackpad and that crispy crack in' keyboard is VERY addictive and gratifying.
    04-18-17 09:04 PM
    Haha ya I might have to eventually break down and get that new "budget" iPad, the new one with the A9 chip from the iPhone 6S because I need one when I am out with friends, cafe, etc.

8320? Was that a trackpad or the trackball? Either way there is something about how great the 9900 feels using the trackpad and that crispy crack in' keyboard is VERY addictive and gratifying.
    I didn't know about that, apple is ridiculous. Oops sorry, forgot I never had the track pad just the track ball lol regardless I would like to experience the whole toolbelt again and the use a trackpad!=)

04-18-17 10:33 PM
    Thank You, I'll try to set the beta version(hope I can make it...) I guess the beta will still work even after june 2017 (switch off date)? Is it correct?
    Oh wow the Beta version will still be able to operate after June 30th? this would be amazing if that happened. Will it cause problems if i replace the non-beta version with the beta version? i would love to keep whatsapp working after June 30th

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-19-17 07:13 AM
    Oh wow the Beta version will still be able to operate after June 30th? this would be amazing if that happened. Will it cause problems if i replace the non-beta version with the beta version? i would love to keep whatsapp working after June 30th

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Wait, first of all I haven't installed it: I have absolutely no idea how to do it; second, I don't think it will work after june 30th
    04-20-17 02:32 AM
    Is anyone having issues with receiving Gmail on their 9900s? For the last 3 days it's been intermittent and only coming once every few hours, do you think it's a BIS issue or something to do with Gmail? All other Internet services work on the 9900.
    04-20-17 06:37 AM
    Is anyone having issues with receiving Gmail on their 9900s? For the last 3 days it's been intermittent and only coming once every few hours, do you think it's a BIS issue or something to do with Gmail? All other Internet services work on the 9900.
    Mine working fine.

Notification emails for CB go through my gmail and show up very fast.

They show up at the same time on my Classic and Bold but slightly delayed on my Z10.

I receive Yahoo quickly but Outlook or Hotmail delayed.

Your other accounts are okay ?
    04-20-17 07:01 AM
    Who's your carrier?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-17 07:10 AM
8,754 ... 216217218219220 ...