The tempered glass screen protector was very easy to apply, it came in a nice box from China and had 2 wipes, one was an alcohol wipe for cleaning the screen and then a dry wipe to dry the screen and then i applied the screen protector and it was done. I love using the Priv and now that it has protection on the screen and body i do feel more comfortable using it in public but the 9900 is much easier to use because you will never drop it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Haha... never say never... my battle scarred 99 got dropped from scaffolding some weeks back. Damaged the left side charging contact & packed debris into usb. Been powering exclusively thru batt swaps since. Waiting to get home & swap mobo into new chassis just to preserve several valued apps. New chassis frame already has an opening EDM'd to accept camera (Pearl?) style wrist strap... lol.

I've only held Priv briefly but it did strike me as vulnerable. Wonder if any protective cases provide wrist strap?
    04-08-17 07:28 AM
    Haha... never say never... my battle scarred 99 got dropped from scaffolding some weeks back. Damaged the left side charging contact & packed debris into usb. Been powering exclusively thru batt swaps since. Waiting to get home & swap mobo into new chassis just to preserve several valued apps. New chassis frame already has an opening EDM'd to accept camera (Pearl?) style wrist strap... lol.

I've only held Priv briefly but it did strike me as vulnerable. Wonder if any protective cases provide wrist strap?
    Wow haha, i haven't dropped my 9900 like that, whats funny about the Priv is that for me when the keyboard is slid out its easier to hold the phone, not to mention how much better it is at taking pictures of videos when you can hold the phone by the keyboard and not have to worry about hitting the screen and canceling the camera/video.

04-08-17 07:36 AM
    The most droppable (is that even a word?) phone I ever owned was the Z10. I think it was the thinness of it. Anyways, I dropped it all the time. I've only dropped my 9900 once. It fell out of my jacket pocket in a parking lot. :| Ended up having to buy a new bezel for it, but it was fine otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 09:19 AM
    Z10 and all the glass slabs are always the worst 'cause they slides out of the pocket so easily without you knowing it.
    I work in the livestock industry so phone droppings are most of the time some dirty stories. The positive thing is most of the time they are well cushioned upon landing. :-)
    After a few times with my first Bold, the 9000, I've been putting my phones in the plastic sample bags which helps preventing them slide out of pockets, and keep them clean when they do. And this is another reason I stick with BB PKB because typing through a layer of plastic is a pain with VKB.

Posted from my  Passport
    04-08-17 11:31 AM
    I had the iPhone 6, i still have it i just don't use it, when the contract ends i will be able to get it unlocked and sell it.

Oh yeah I remember now yeah. I popped into a video gaming place at the mall and they had a pretty nice selection consisting of mostly used iPhone 6 and 6S plus's and regular size. The going prices for a factory certified and checked 6 was around $350-$400 and the 6+ about $450 so they hold value quite well.

Of course those are Canadian prices. Unlocked ones add another $50.
    04-08-17 03:14 PM
    The most droppable (is that even a word?) phone I ever owned was the Z10. I think it was the thinness of it. Anyways, I dropped it all the time. I've only dropped my 9900 once. It fell out of my jacket pocket in a parking lot. :| Ended up having to buy a new bezel for it, but it was fine otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    What about if it landed smack down on the glass on a gravelly Road or something. I seen people use those stick on like tape screen protectors and I don't think they do anything but the glass ones yeah they would be better. Back in September there was a woman walking to her car behind the café I was at and I saw her drop her iPhone out of her purse it wasn't even much of a fall but it landed glass down and a whole screen spiderwebbed. If only had landed on the side or the back it would've been fine most likely.

When I first got my 5C I was at the mall buying a case if you can believe the irony of that and I pulled it out of my pocket and it hit the floor from about shoulder height, literally bounced 4or 5 feet away from me. even the girl working there gasped. The phone was unharmed in anyway but if I had bought the 5S with glass backing on the aluminum it would've just shattered I'm sure.

On the 9900 I had bought the official BlackBerry softgel but I really didn't like using it because it made the buttons so much harder to press and also it's seem to fit kind of loose for my liking but if I did go walking I used it. The 99 just seems better without a case because as someone mentioned it just kind of sticks to your hand because of the size of it being perfect.

The iPhone 7 with it's curved edges is an absolute terrifying experience even walking through the mall after I picked it up in the shiny gold metal finish is so slippery. Why they would round off the edges is beyond me and then you're always having to buy a case with soft silicone or something because good luck trying to keep it off the cement. At least the square edges of the 5C made sense and give you a place to rest your forefingers why are you typing with your thumbs.

As for blackberries I think the 9780 I had and White was the smartest phone ever designed for Carry. Squared edges and it had a little loops lot where you could sling a camera strap and that's what I did. I bet 75% of 9780 users back in the day never knew what that little thing was on the side of the phone but that's what it was for, putting a strap.

I got used to using a strap and I wish that the 9900 had that but they probably couldn't because of the metal bezel they put around it.

I really wish that all manufactures would put a subtle bead of silicone around the outer edges of all the devices and basically you would probably never need a case.
    04-08-17 03:19 PM
    ...I work in the livestock industry so phone droppings are most of the time some dirty stories... After a few times with my first Bold, the 9000, I've been putting my phones in the plastic sample bags...
    "Phone droppings!" I love it! That's what we should call all the personal info Android phones send to Google!

I know a couple of women who snack-bag their iPhones against a variety of purse-hazards. Good idea, but it's probably as bad as trying to use a slab on a cold night wearing gloves.

04-08-17 03:34 PM
    I Have Had Abdroid, Bold 9650, & BBZ30; But found Bold 993+ on *Amazon and Love it! I have "Documents to Go; Developer Tools, **Which I use to Viiew Certain Emails that I Not Sure about? & I can view the *Source, What it is Trying to do,etc! It is great for "Security Checks!!"! Eso today's Havking!! I have Never had BB Bold Hacked; But Android Device or Apps-Hacked by *Bluetooth Someone nearby Had!? I had "Norton Security onit Too!? DonTrust **google-*Android Software!!
    idssteve likes this.
    04-08-17 03:35 PM
    The 9-12 months my company worked then new Z10 demonstrated it to be a resilient handset. We drop handsets routinely while performing a pretty demanding single handed data entry niche service from inside control cabinets. Usually inside steel bottomed cabinets. Despite being dropped about twice the rate of our 9900s, hardware repairs for Z10s really increased minimally, if at all. Of course single thumbing while conducting out-of-position contortion is 99's element.

My Z met untimely demise thanks to a thorough drenching of HOT coffee (with creamer & sugar). Lol My "smart guys" offered to attempt resuscitation but I'd grown weary of the thing and instructed them "do not resuscitate". Lol.

We'd jumped onto the "newer is better" bandwagon trusting RIM's reputation and expecting they'd used the extra time afforded by introduction delays to have sorted out the bugs. As it turned out, 10.0 simply wasn't ready, imo. Tragically so, imo. I'm told the early Z10 won't accept latest 10.3.3 but that later Z10s might? My Z30 is a real performer but Z10's swappable battery combined with latest .3 does have me pondering... for use on the few days per month that glass area might be useful. ??

We've often mused about how nice a PlayBook style "bridge" between Z and 9900 could've been... lol.
    04-08-17 03:36 PM
    Oh yeah I remember now yeah. I popped into a video gaming place at the mall and they had a pretty nice selection consisting of mostly used iPhone 6 and 6S plus's and regular size. The going prices for a factory certified and checked 6 was around $350-$400 and the 6+ about $450 so they hold value quite well.

Of course those are Canadian prices. Unlocked ones add another $50.
    That's pretty good, my 6 doesn't have any scratches because it's always had a case and screen protector and was never dropped at all. The Priv has retained a lot of value in europe, i was looking at the canada and US prices on eBay and they were so good, if i was living in Canada i would have an easier choice, but i did end up getting a brand new Priv that was manufactured in April 2016

04-08-17 05:21 PM
    The 9-12 months my company worked then new Z10 demonstrated it to be a resilient handset. We drop handsets routinely... Despite being dropped about twice the rate of our 9900s, hardware repairs for Z10s really increased minimally, if at all.
    Very true. Despite all the drops, I never broke the z10.
    04-08-17 10:46 PM
    I bet this never broke down either just saw this in the LetGo app for things for sale near me, whoa 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491721983.038985.jpg
    04-09-17 02:13 AM
    Interesting that I see that old typewriter for sale locally and then now look what I find…

They are actually making a physical keyboard to replicate that old style typewriter and it's got Bluetooth!

Retro hipster style meets functional design in this old-timey keyboard
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.FgO9X
    04-09-17 02:55 AM
    I bet this never broke down either just saw this in the LetGo app for things for sale near me, whoa Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1491721983.038985.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	420983
    As a diehard CrackBerry member I'll start the requisite complaining.

Release date?

Those look like 'jammy' keys.

The ribbon spools are too small. I wouldn't make it through a year with those things!

Where's the white version?

Lithuanian language?

Also, no apps.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    04-09-17 08:49 AM
    I bet this never broke down either just saw this in the LetGo app for things for sale near me, whoa Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1491721983.038985.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	244.4 KB 
ID:	420983
    Haha... Looks like the old Underwood I learned on in highschool typing class... except this one's keys are labeled! lol. Looking at the key's was utterly forbidden. Myself and a friend took that class just to get surrounded by girls in that 99% female class... lol. Very successful strategy for dates, as I recall. Lol. Also turned out to be one of THE most useful classes of highschool!

Posture while typing was a BIG deal to the teacher. A posture I find too VERY reminiscent of the both hands forward two handed typing dominating most of the mobile landscape. And these folks call themselves "modern"... go figure. lol.

I'll just stick with the TRULY modern single handed typing style exquisitely optimized with our 9900.
    04-09-17 09:17 AM

Release date?

The ribbon spools are too small. I wouldn't make it through a year with those things!

Lithuanian language?

Also, no apps.
    I'm just hoping it's not the KeyTwo

Apple didn't have apps the first year of the iPhone and it still sold well, so I think this will sell like gangbusters

White versions we always have to wait about 6 months, SO UNFAIR!!!!!
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-09-17 11:43 AM
    Haha... Looks like the old Underwood I learned on in highschool typing class... except this one's keys are labeled! lol. Looking at the key's was utterly forbidden. Myself and a friend took that class just to get surrounded by girls in that 99% female class... lol. Very successful strategy for dates, as I recall. Lol. Also turned out to be one of THE most useful classes of highschool!

Posture while typing was a BIG deal to the teacher. A posture I find too VERY reminiscent of the both hands forward two handed typing dominating most of the mobile landscape. And these folks call themselves "modern"... go figure. lol.

I'll just stick with the TRULY modern single handed typing style exquisitely optimized with our 9900.
    Correct! It is an "Underwood" but you cannot see it in that pic because of the app printing but he has the original cover that says "Underwood" in the full pic.

Haha I took that class in HS also but unfortunately all the guys thought like you and it was mostly guys in the class :/. Ah 1987, what a messed up year
    04-09-17 11:47 AM

Release date?

Lithuanian language?

Also, no apps.
    Hmm, I would be more concerned of the clickiness of the keyboard. It should at least be as good as my Bold's.

Posted from my  Passport
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-09-17 01:43 PM
    I'm using my Bold 9900 in conjunction with the Priv, both are my daily drivers, i think its easy to transfer things from blackberry to android because blackberry are now making devices with android. It's going to be much easier to switch compared to having to transfer iphone information to the Priv, which took a while especially with the pictures. I really enjoy using the Priv, it has made me more productive on the apps that are not available on blackberry, before i would hate to use them and now i always reply to every message i get there. I think you will be pleased at how good it is.

Huge problem. Maybe you can help me: I made the switch from 9900 to the Priv. I downloaded Whatsapp on the Priv. Well, now I cannot use whatsapp on the 9900. I cannot even install it, it does not accept my phone number! I tried to uninstall it and install it again, but nothing. Now what? Is there a solution?
    04-10-17 01:20 AM
    Huge problem. Maybe you can help me: I made the switch from 9900 to the Priv. I downloaded Whatsapp on the Priv. Well, now I cannot use whatsapp on the 9900. I cannot even install it, it does not accept my phone number! I tried to uninstall it and install it again, but nothing. Now what? Is there a solution?
    I think you can only use it with one device at a time, on the same number. I think you need an active sim in the 9900 for it to work.

Someone correct me if I am wrong
    04-10-17 01:25 AM
    I think you can only use it with one device at a time, on the same number. I think you need an active sim in the 9900 for it to work.

Of course, that is what I did: insert the sim card in the 9900, but it seems that I cannot reinstall it, maybe because of the switching off date (next june)
    04-10-17 01:29 AM
    Of course, that is what I did: insert the sim card in the 9900, but it seems that I cannot reinstall it, maybe because of the switching off date (next june)
    Could be. I lost my WhatsApp back at the end of October when I switched back to the 9900, long before the Original January 1 deadline before the announced extension.
    04-10-17 01:58 AM
    Could be. I lost my WhatsApp back at the end of October when I switched back to the 9900, long before the Original January 1 deadline before the announced extension.
    Oh no! That means that I cannot use it on the 9900 anymore? a disaster
    04-10-17 02:01 AM

One device yes, but you don't need a SIM on that device, I am using the WP on a sh*tty old android, the WP sent an SMS code on my BB (no WP there) in order to be activated.
    04-10-17 05:51 AM
    You're installing the beta, correct? beta.whatsapp.com/ota

IIRC, the BBOS version of the app automatically retrieves the SMS code, so you *might* need the SIM in the phone, just to get signed in again.
    04-10-17 08:17 AM
8,754 ... 213214215216217 ...