Oooo-oooh a white one. A rare sighting!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    As white as her hair
    04-05-17 10:12 AM
    As white as her hair
    That's hilarious. Be careful... when you started thread, 9900 was like owning a 68 Camaro. Karma might get even and make it an 86 Yugo.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 10:19 AM
    That's hilarious. Be careful... when you started thread, 9900 was like owning a 68 Camaro. Karma might get even and make it an 86 Yugo.

Posted via CB10
    Be careful you don't run out of other threads to comment on also. And thank you so much for your concern with what I use, I'm glad you care so much for my well being and happiness
    04-05-17 10:22 AM
    Be careful you don't run out of other threads to comment on also. And thank you so much for your concern with what I use, I'm glad you care so much for my well being and happiness
    I won't. I didn't you were thin skinned... I forgot my smiley on the last post.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 10:30 AM
    I won't. I didn't you were thin skinned... I forgot my smiley on the last post.

Posted via CB10
    Oh well then, it's ok to do anything then as long as you put a SMILEY on the end. Nice one!

Hey if you can't get a little humour back then what is the point eh

And also when I started this thread not many were using or buying new in box is 9900s but now there's more people than ever, so yeah.

And again, thank you for your concern for my happiness and what I use for phones
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 04-05-17 at 10:58 AM.
    04-05-17 10:33 AM
    Oooo-oooh a white one. A rare sighting!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    If I'm not mistaken the white 9900 came out about 6 months later than the black in August of 2011. Around Christmas time. Also I think that was what they did with the 9790 as well.

If you want to see RARE then search for a white 9790
    04-05-17 10:55 AM
    Just a classy pic, what can I say....9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491408075.853062.jpg
    04-05-17 11:01 AM
    Oh well then, it's ok to do anything then as long as you put a SMILEY on the end. Nice one!

Hey if you can't get a little humour back then what is the point eh

And also when I started this thread not many were using or buying new in box is 9900s but now there's more people than ever, so yeah.

And again, thank you for your concern for my happiness and what I use for phones
    Once again, I wasn't saying anything to be mean. I mean, the comment I made specifically was about Karma regarding some old lady's white hair. Why sensitive? I own more of these dead OS devices than you or most people on CB. I get made fun of all time since I carry BlackBerry devices. That goes with territory. We all come on here making fun of us, ourselves...

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 11:16 AM
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 04-05-17 at 01:06 PM.
    04-05-17 11:24 AM
    Once again, I wasn't saying anything to be mean.
    Apology accepted
    04-05-17 11:28 AM
    I guess it finally happened Steve, that "thing" we talked about......
    04-05-17 11:39 AM
    I... I forgot my smiley on the last post.
    I never forgot I put a smilie also in the original post too, so it's all good little buddy 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491413369.251657.jpg
    04-05-17 12:29 PM
    My Passport arrived. First impression is that the screen is great. Bright and detailed, in the same way as the Bold 9900. I like LCDs a lot more than amoleds. The device is weighty. Not sure how long it will take to get used to the keyboard, but it seems to be a fairly easy adjustment. The least intuitive part is the on-screen row.
    04-06-17 01:18 AM
    My Passport arrived. First impression is that the screen is great. Bright and detailed, in the same way as the Bold 9900. I like LCDs a lot more than amoleds. The device is weighty. Not sure how long it will take to get used to the keyboard, but it seems to be a fairly easy adjustment. The least intuitive part is the on-screen row.
    Hey very nice !

I am starting to also get the itch for one of those !!!
    ( must resist )

Enjoy your new gadget !
    04-06-17 01:24 AM
    Ya and that's quite a stretch to reach on those keys eh. Congrats.

It's funny that I can't even read the screen on the iPhone in sunny conditions today, but I always could on the LCD 9900 on 10%!!!
    04-06-17 01:26 AM
    ( must resist )
    I know the feeling.
    04-06-17 01:33 AM
    Ya and that's quite a stretch to reach on those keys eh. Congrats.

It's funny that I can't even read the screen on the iPhone in sunny conditions today, but I always could on the LCD 9900 on 10%!!!
    It is a real change and definitely a real stretch on the keys. I don't think it will replace a regular phone (too big), but it might serve as a mini tablet. It certainly runs Android apps well.
    04-06-17 01:36 AM
    Ralph, I think I may have found another good keyboard supplier. $5 from China. I'll let you know if everything works when installed. Thought it was worth the risk.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    04-06-17 01:41 AM
    Ralph, I think I may have found another good keyboard supplier. $5 from China. I'll let you know if everything works when installed. Thought it was worth the risk.
    Not going the Purebrindle route? I'm positive the one you recommended for me was authentic Blackberry, (based on all the markings on its backside)working great and worth every penny of $15
    04-06-17 02:17 AM
    Not going the Purebrindle route? I'm positive the one you recommended for me was authentic Blackberry, (based on all the markings on its backside)working great and worth every penny of $15
    Purebrindle always has good stuff, but the prices fluctuate a lot. Just thought I'd try out an alternative possibility.
    04-06-17 02:23 AM
    Just out of interest ....
    why did you plump for the Passport over a Classic? I have neither but have been tempted by the Classic, as it seems closest to the 9900 in terms of form factor.

I agree with your sentiments regarding LCD vs AMOLED, that's just one of several reasons why my Q10 spends much of its time in a drawer. I far prefer the colour tones on the 9900 LCD screen and find text etc. much easier to read, especially when outside in bright sun.
    04-06-17 03:21 AM
    Just out of interest ....
    why did you plump for the Passport over a Classic? I have neither but have been tempted by the Classic, as it seems closest to the 9900 in terms of form factor.

I agree with your sentiments regarding LCD vs AMOLED, that's just one of several reasons why my Q10 spends much of its time in a drawer. I far prefer the colour tones on the 9900 LCD screen and find text etc. much easier to read, especially when outside in bright sun.
    I almost bought a Classic last month. But ultimately, it seemed like the trackpad and buttons would just get in the way on BB10. I'm quite accustomed to the gestures at this point, and very efficient with my Q10. Not as efficient as I am with the 9900, but I doubt I'll ever be that tuned into another keyboard and controls. The other issues that kept me away from the Classic were the lack of a user replaceable battery, the size, and repair-ability. The Q10 scores better in all of those categories, and it's likely to remain my regular device.

The difference with the Passport is that it's so different. Bizarre. Buying it was an act of curiosity.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 04-06-17 at 09:19 AM.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    04-06-17 09:06 AM
    It's annoying when you have to enter numbers or symbols somewhat frequently in the text. I find the swipe down to bring it up and then hit the physical key is handy. However, still not as good as the Bold 9900 / Q10 method with the sym & alt key. The capacitive keyboard does beat the Q10 when you need to select & edit text but I think only 80% as good as trackpoint on the 9900. Bummer it doesn't work with shift key for selecting multiple messages...

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-06-17 05:03 PM
    As white as her hair
    Haha... My "white hair" parents have grown far too "shaky" for anything but frustration with touch UI. Of ANY kind. Even the touch UI on our 9900s results in far too many unintended things getting unintentionally activated by the slightest brush with an unintended finger. Maddeningly frustrating for them. Unnecessarily so, imo. Quite a few of their friends in their community suffer the same frustration.

White hair Steve to the rescue! With touch disabled 9900s! Now, even "shaky" folks in their community communicate!

9900's comfortable ergonomics are comfortably ergonomic for young and old alike!!
    04-07-17 04:49 AM
    Pretty interesting in here lately. When I re-joined in December 2015 upon buying an unlocked 9900, users of this Legacy device were practically mocked it seemed, for having interest in this device. Unless the 9900 users were just remaining silent, there seems to be greater interest in it now and I think its pretty cool.

You just cannot argue with the build quality of this device and the gratifying keyboard, and still great functionality with browsing, yes browsing, whether people mock PKB's or not, this is what made Blackberry the great name it had become, and people forget this. Many people get too bored too fast with a device and then they think it can acceptably be ridiculed if something is not an all glass screen or something more "modern"in appearance.

I am more than satisfied ditching my iphone and using this BB for everything. All the essential apps are there. The facebook app is working great, no change, Twitter, Whatsapp, thankfully even the Instagram photo uploader app and much much more. No regrets.

Good to see other peeps in the same boat.

Special thanks to David Tyler and Steve for helping me out when I had questions and many others also in here for the tips and stuff, you know who you are.

EDIT: Also noticed that Blackberry App World is sending me an email everyday now about certain apps I might like. Not sure if anyone else is getting this but I like it. Funny how it started last week but I forgot to mention it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I am writing from my beloved (and white) BB 9900, but I am going to switch to a (huge) BB Priv. I bought it used to save money, and I choose it because of the pkb. But I am not capable of making the switch. First of all, the size, the pkb comforts of the 9900 are far more practical for me: the Priv is just huge. And I don't like at all the idea of switching to an Android OS which I already know it's horrible and less safe. Plus, two other huge problems: first, I have to resize my simcard to make it ok for the Priv nano sim card slot. And second, I am not sure how I will save the data on the 9900(contacts, emails, other stuff) and transfer all to the Priv without losing precious things. Also, the fact that BB Keyone is going to be ready to be purchased makes me think that all these problems could have been much more bearable, because the Keyone seems to me a better compromise to leave my beloved 9900 with less regrets. But I had to make this decision also because of the Whatsapp issues : by june 2017, as Whatsapp is claiming since many months, the chat application will no longer work, and my job depends also on that app, I cannot stop using it.
    04-07-17 04:58 AM
8,754 ... 211212213214215 ...