See as soon as I come back here after a couple days everyone's device runs better! My momma always said I'm "special"

But that can mean so many different things

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    That's it! Better than any explanation I've got! Lol. Just another thing we can blame, and thank, Ralph for. Haha.

BTW, Couple folks on my team have a T shirt design I'll post here pretty soon...
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    03-30-17 03:35 AM
    That's something I LOVE about my Passport clock "bedside mode:" The digits go red. Is "bedside mode," with user-selectable notifications (all off, phone only) too much to ask for..? In the Blandroid world, it seems that way.
    You can do that with Do Not Disturb. It has the following options:

- Priority only - messages and/or calls from favourite contacts, or all contacts
    - Alarms only
    - Total Silence
    03-30-17 04:45 AM
    Side note: it looks like my legacy iPhone 5c will have support killed sooner than I thought… Still I guess I shouldn't complain about getting three years out of it.

It just sucks that a perfectly good device will not get updates when everything works perfectly, so now the 5C will know what the 9900 feels like.

Also NO ONE knows why the critical update (patches around 100 malware and threats) was offered for a few hours and then mysteriously pulled for legacy.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...10.3.2-seems-t
    03-30-17 05:35 AM
    You can do that with Do Not Disturb. It has the following options:

- Priority only - messages and/or calls from favourite contacts, or all contacts
    - Alarms only
    - Total Silence
    Hmm... I've been playing with my D60 but have not found a way to coax it to automatically put itself into anything resembling "bedside mode" when in charge pod... Which is NOT even Qi. Compared with our 99's experience driven refinement, the whole thing feels amateurish, to me. Even BBOS4.2 could automatically put itself into "bedside mode" when set into a charge pod, as I recall. What am I missing?
    David Tyler likes this.
    03-30-17 08:42 AM
    Side note: it looks like my legacy iPhone 5c will have support killed sooner than I thought… Still I guess I shouldn't complain about getting three years out of it.

It just sucks that a perfectly good device will not get updates when everything works perfectly, so now the 5C will know what the 9900 feels like.

Also NO ONE knows why the critical update (patches around 100 malware and threats) was offered for a few hours and then mysteriously pulled for legacy.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...10.3.2-seems-t
    No updates, but the phone will still work. Our 9900s haven't seen an update in years.

The problem with iOS updates, from my perspective, is that the OS gets heavier every time (and improved, which is a good thing), and your older device slows down more and more with each update.

My wife's 4s was really slow -- a lot of lag -- after its final update. Like BB10, you can't go back to earlier versions of the OS after you've updated. Well, it's almost the same problem. You can save these things called SHSH blobs before you update, and then you can go back to an earlier iOS version, but I didn't know that at the time. With her new phone, I'll be saving the blobs.
    03-30-17 09:12 AM
    Hmm... I've been playing with my D60 but have not found a way to coax it to automatically put itself into anything resembling "bedside mode" when in charge pod... Which is NOT even Qi. Compared with our 99's experience driven refinement, the whole thing feels amateurish, to me. Even BBOS4.2 could automatically put itself into "bedside mode" when set into a charge pod, as I recall. What am I missing?
    Oh.. you meant automatically... I think that's possible only on rooted droids.
    03-30-17 10:15 AM
    It's also ironic (and somewhat pathetic) how successful Samsung phones became when all they did (and currently do) is copy Iphone innovations. Now I read how Sammy phones are going to feature "Peek and Pop" or what apple called "3D touch." A blatant rip off from Apple innovation. Funny how if I were to ever get an Android device it would NEVER be a Samsung for this and a few other reasons, namely updates supposedly taking months even when there are known threats with malware and Apple patches usually by the next week, or even the next day!

Also strange that Blackberry never got successful with Android devices even though in my opinion, the Blackberry Androids have more interesting features, like the ability to be alerted if someone is using your camera to watch you, etc. You would think people might give a crap about important things such as this but alas.

I've been using android since the T-Mobile G1 was released. I've owned quite a few android devices & still do. I've done the whole compile "optimized" kernels, ROMS, etc, etc. Back in the old android 1.x, 2.x it was a lot of fun and you really could get quite bit of a performance boost w/ some of the different linux patches compared to the stock kernels that came from say HTC, Motorola, etc. In fact, I still have a Motorola CliqXT around here that has a stock kernel w/ patches I submitted to Motorola for the old Cliq, CliqXT, & Backflip. LOL. You can find the old threads on XDA if you like. After Android 2,x, it all started to look/feel the same. But I do agree, I like what BlackBerry has done with Android so far. They haven't added all the Bloat like Samsung has. I'd buy an BlackBerry Android device every time compared to a Samsung. Some of the HTC and Google Phones have been great devices as well. Just my $0.02. Take care.

Steve
    03-30-17 11:03 AM
    No updates, but the phone will still work. Our 9900s haven't seen an update in years.

The problem with iOS updates, from my perspective, is that the OS gets heavier every time (and improved, which is a good thing), and your older device slows down more and more with each update.

My wife's 4s was really slow -- a lot of lag -- after its final update. Like BB10, you can't go back to earlier versions of the OS after you've updated. Well, it's almost the same problem. You can save these things called SHSH blobs before you update, and then you can go back to an earlier iOS version, but I didn't know that at the time. With her new phone, I'll be saving the blobs.
    It's a shame devices get slower due to updates, but I think it's normal. As things move forward in the digital era, our most used device, the phone, has to keep up. People want new functionality and also want new things because we get bored easily. Phones are released for the "now" to keep them affordable so the hardware isn't meant to properly support updates past a couple of years.

Fortunately, mobile hardware progressed significantly and OSes are also increasingly resource efficient. From my experience, iOS and Androids don't degrade performance as much as they used to.
    03-30-17 11:04 AM
    Cheater! But I bet you can't SAY Saskatchewan properly

Sass-Catch-chew-one

LOL. Actually I bet I can. When I'm not working on Friday nights, I like to check into the Friday night Canadian D-Star Nets via Ham Radio. It's a great net and there's a great group of people who participate in the net from all over the world. Some of the regulars of the net check in to our NC D-Star net on Tuesday nights. It's one of great things of Ham Radio is being able to talk around the world to some one like they're in the same room as you. I've been talking around the world since I was 7. Even back then, I had a weekly schedule w/ some older friends from Canada & Australia. Take care.

Steve,K4SQI
    idssteve likes this.
    03-30-17 11:10 AM

I know but it's difficult to explain my thinking on this.....

For an iphone, i won't keep one around if it is outdated or there are no updates for it. Sure mine is "outdated" but I don't consider it this if there are still ios updates for it, and there is only one more and then BAM.

My thinking on Blackberry (oddly enough) is the complete opposite. I am more than willing to keep and use a non-updatable 9900 indefinately. I think part of this is the trusted Blackberry name for security and the other is because I know that Blackberry is not likely a target for hackers. The 0.8% of the global population of cellular users on Blackberries are just not interesting enough for hackers imo. The future of hacking seems to be cloud hacking. Why hack a few when you can hack millions......

I even called Rogers tonite and found out about promotions for trading and stuff. I actually will look at the KeyOne if Rogers has them soon but honestly I don't know a THING about Android.

As for going back to earlier versions I wouldn't do that on an ios device and I haven't had a Microsoft PC for 7 years, don't want another one

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-30-17 at 10:50 PM.
    03-30-17 10:26 PM
    LOL. Actually I bet I can. When I'm not working on Friday nights, I like to check into the Friday night Canadian D-Star Nets via Ham Radio. It's a great net and there's a great group of people who participate in the net from all over the world. Some of the regulars of the net check in to our NC D-Star net on Tuesday nights. It's one of great things of Ham Radio is being able to talk around the world to some one like they're in the same room as you. I've been talking around the world since I was 7. Even back then, I had a weekly schedule w/ some older friends from Canada & Australia. Take care.

Steve,K4SQI
    I can't get enough of Art Bell re-runs, "CoastToCoast AM" and he is a Ham also.

TuneIn radio app just added a few more stations that play his show.....

03-30-17 10:27 PM
    Seems from the crackberry-vine that KEYone is unlikely to appear much before early May. Hip Hip Hooray!
    So that's at least one extra month that I can spend enjoying the super smooth efficiency of my 9900 knowing that's there's nothing better to meet my needs
    03-31-17 11:31 AM
    Seems from the crackberry-vine that KEYone is unlikely to appear much before early May. Hip Hip Hooray!
    So that's at least one extra month that I can spend enjoying the super smooth efficiency of my 9900 knowing that's there's nothing better to meet my needs
    Of course. I have a tech and supplies expense account that requires purchases to be delivered on or before May 15. I usually need it for other things, but haven't spent the money this year. I was hoping against the odds that TCL might get the device out fast enough that I could be sure it would be delivered before the deadline. But it seems like too much of a risk now.

Back to being responsible and stocking up on office supplies...
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-31-17 11:52 AM
    Can u pls post grooveshark and spotify OTA links..
    03-31-17 12:35 PM
    Someone posted in the KEYone forum a paragraph from the report in which JC said the phone would be shipped sometime after May. If that is true, you will have two extra months for the Bold, at least.

Posted from my  Passport
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-31-17 01:28 PM
    I guess the 9990 has a new big brother as of today, and it looks like a beach in Miami

I traded the 5C when I could have the 9900 but that was never going to happen

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491013781.304029.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491013797.747538.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491013811.934551.jpg
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-31-17 09:30 PM
    I traded the 5C when I could have the 9900 but that was never going to happen
    That's a sparkly new traitor-phone Just kidding. Enjoy the new toy!
    03-31-17 09:57 PM
    That's a sparkly new traitor-phone Just kidding. Enjoy the new toy!
    Ha ha ;-) thanks and don't worry it's still not as nice to type on for passwords with as the 9900 in fact it's still no comparison for any typing even though this 4.7 inch iPhone 7 is wider than my 4 inch. I basically need security for phone banking and stuff so yeah. What's even more interesting is I can't even see the photos I posted on that post with the iPhone!

At least I know that works because you said you saw them in on the 9900 I can see them in here ;-)
    04-01-17 12:30 AM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491072765.398216.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491072774.897769.jpg

Good to see
    04-01-17 01:53 PM
    There is a cool BBM channel I joined called Everyday Carry. Interestingly enough there is a Blackberry in almost all of the user submitted pics. Interesting stuff.

C00181A9A
    04-02-17 09:20 PM
    Another one for sale!!! Already got 2

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1491202103.529200.jpg
    04-03-17 01:48 AM
    There is a cool BBM channel I joined called Everyday Carry. Interestingly enough there is a Blackberry in almost all of the user submitted pics. Interesting stuff.
    It's a fun channel. You see a lot of foreign-brand cigarettes, so I'm betting a lot of the contributors are overseas. BBOS devices seem to show up more often than BlackBerry 10.

You gotta love the knives, brass knuckles, pistols, etc.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    04-03-17 10:01 AM
    It's a fun channel. You see a lot of foreign-brand cigarettes, so I'm betting a lot of the contributors are overseas. BBOS devices seem to show up more often than BlackBerry 10.

You gotta love the knives, brass knuckles, pistols, etc.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Brass knuckles lol highly illegal in Canada, along with tazers (except police)
    04-03-17 07:40 PM
    OK I'm at Costco and I saw my first 9900 in the wild an older lady had a white one pushing a cart I couldn't believe it
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-04-17 04:19 PM
    OK I'm at Costco and I saw my first 9900 in the wild an older lady had a white one pushing a cart I couldn't believe it
    Oooo-oooh a white one. A rare sighting!

04-05-17 10:06 AM
8,754 ... 210211212213214 ...