+1 for Cloud Explorer. Some have pointed out that it's a "third party" app and might be something to consider if using for security sensitive pursuits.?? Maybe so, but I've never heard of a validated case of such problems with it. Fwiw. I use it and dropbox a LOT for moving non-sensitive stuff around. Putin is perfectly welcome to read my thousands of control cabinet connection spreadsheets! Lol. Maybe time he wastes on that is time he's not devoting to other mischief? Lol.
    I use the OneDrive version a lot more than the Google Drive version, but they are welcome additions to my 9900. I find cloud storage great for archive pictures, music, backing up so documents, etc. But would never rely on them as my only storage solution. Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    idssteve likes this.
    03-29-17 11:05 AM
    Anyone else try accessing CB forums thru native browser or Opera? Both have become unusable at CB on my 9930. Other sites still work as always. Only CB has become inaccessible on my 9930. Go figure.

Haven't tried 9900 & haven't asked coworkers but Opera Mini, in particular, was working SO nicely at CB just a few weeks ago. Now... simply won't load. Forced to Classic, for now. Maybe time to try CB App, again... lol.
    I prefer the Tapatalk app, but I did try the CB app the other day. It seemed to be running great till it completely locked up my 9900. I was suprised. I had to do a battery pull to get it reboot. I've never had that issue w/ Tapatalk. I did un-install several other apps I didn't see myself using around the same time, so maybe I should give the CB app another try.

Steve, K4SQI
    idssteve likes this.
    03-29-17 11:10 AM
    Getting your fingerprints.

Posted from my  Passport
    I thought that was what the fingerprint sensor was for? LOL I love having the screen real-estate on my touch phones, but I still find the trackpad is quicker. (Note to self: Don't let them talk you into the KEYone. Don't let them talk you into the KEYone.)
    03-29-17 11:14 AM
    Has anyone had any issues with email updates about this thread? i stopped getting them about a week or two ago, how do i get them back?
    Still working for me...
    03-29-17 11:32 AM
    Excellent advice! Although for me personally I found the clock too bright when trying to sleep because I had it facing me on my nightstand.
    That's something I LOVE about my Passport clock "bedside mode:" The digits go red. Is "bedside mode," with user-selectable notifications (all off, phone only) too much to ask for..? In the Blandroid world, it seems that way.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-29-17 11:36 AM
    I prefer the Tapatalk app, but I did try the CB app the other day. It seemed to be running great till it completely locked up my 9900. I was suprised. I had to do a battery pull to get it reboot. I've never had that issue w/ Tapatalk. I did un-install several other apps I didn't see myself using around the same time, so maybe I should give the CB app another try.
    I had the CB app-crash on my Bold, too -- but now, all seems well again. >shrug< Give it another go.
    03-29-17 11:38 AM
    Funny you should mention the size of the PNG's. I opened both Keepass for J2ME & KeyPassBB2 to check out the size of the PNG's. They're both the same size. 16x16. I'll give Keepass for J2ME a try this weekend. Thanks for the info! Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    I'll comb this thread on the weekend and get the rest of those apps added to the working apps list. There are a couple of suggestions in that thread I need to update too.

Speaking of which, I really need to get at the Bold without BIS thread again. It needs some updating.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 11:50 AM
    In fact, as things turned out, the REAL innovation of optical trackpad got abandoned in pursuit of mimicking Apple's innovation. Imo. Mimicry that did little to interest Apple customers while thoroughly alienating far too many LOYAL BB users. Imo.
    Great point. Along that line, I saw part of an interesting TV piece on the Oprah Winfrey empire. The short version: It seems Ms Winfrey was passionate about the show "going its own way" and originality. The documentary described how many Oprah wanna-bes sprang up, right down to the sound-alike sax tracks in the various theme songs ("There cannot have been too many unemployed saxophone players in LA at the time"). It seems the show got into a little trouble and controversy itself, trying to imitate a "Jerry Springer" on-air confrontation. Oprah herself was against it from the start, and issued a "never again" edict in the sorry aftermath.

My point: The removable battery, the optical trackpad, the physical kb, the emphasis on business utility and privacy instead of self-entertainment -- all those things were "reasons to choose BlackBerry," and all those things have been pushed aside in the rush to imitate.
    idssteve and Berry Happy 2 like this.
    03-29-17 11:50 AM
    Anyone else try accessing CB forums thru native browser or Opera? Both have become unusable at CB on my 9930. Other sites still work as always. Only CB has become inaccessible on my 9930. Go figure.

Haven't tried 9900 & haven't asked coworkers but Opera Mini, in particular, was working SO nicely at CB just a few weeks ago. Now... simply won't load. Forced to Classic, for now. Maybe time to try CB App, again... lol.
    I have been noticing that a number of sites no longer work with Opera Mini. When I click on links, nothing happens, or it just reloads the page I was on already...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-17 11:53 AM
    I'll comb this thread on the weekend and get the rest of those apps added to the working apps list. There are a couple of suggestions in that thread I need to update too.

Speaking of which, I really need to get at the Bold without BIS thread again. It needs some updating.

Posted via CB10
    I'm glad I have the option to use BIS on AT&T. It's funny that I can get my work email via BIS but don't have any way to get it on any of my BB10 devices because how my company handles email on mobile devices now. I miss the days of being able to use BES on my BB10 devices for at least access to email. My spare 9900 does get some usage for reading e-Books and I'll post a quick reply via Tapatalk as well sometimes w/ it. Most of the time, it stays in the charger, ready to go in case something happens to my other 9900.. Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    03-29-17 12:52 PM
    Has anyone had any issues with email updates about this thread? i stopped getting them about a week or two ago, how do i get them back?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yeah had the same problem.

Had unintentionally removed "subscription" while swiping away email notification on the Classic.

You will need to unsubscribe and subscribe again ( the thread ) to enable notifications.
    ( through the app or website )
    03-29-17 01:13 PM
    Yeah had the same problem.

Had unintentionally removed "subscription" while swiping away email notification on the Classic.

You will need to unsubscribe and subscribe again ( the thread ) to enable notifications.
    ( through the app or website )
    I just did that, I had to use the app on my Priv because there's no unsubscribe option in the CB app.
    03-29-17 01:18 PM
    I just did that, I had to use the app on my Priv because there's no unsubscribe option in the CB app.
    On Tapatalk you need to goto "Participated" option to unsubscribe.

I imagine CB app to be similar.
    03-29-17 01:26 PM
    I'm glad I have the option to use BIS on AT&T.
    For sure -- and free, these days.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-29-17 04:46 PM

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I just recently stopped getting them a few days ago, that's probably why I didn't check here as much, but then too I was pretty busy.

Probably temporary

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-30-17 01:41 AM

In fact, as things turned out, the REAL innovation of optical trackpad got abandoned in pursuit of mimicking Apple's innovation. Imo. Mimicry that did little to interest Apple customers while thoroughly alienating far too many LOYAL BB users. Imo.

Sitting here with D60 in right hand and Classic in left, I'm asking myself: What, precisely, does touch interface do better than, or even as well as, trackpad?? ???
    It's also ironic (and somewhat pathetic) how successful Samsung phones became when all they did (and currently do) is copy Iphone innovations. Now I read how Sammy phones are going to feature "Peek and Pop" or what apple called "3D touch." A blatant rip off from Apple innovation. Funny how if I were to ever get an Android device it would NEVER be a Samsung for this and a few other reasons, namely updates supposedly taking months even when there are known threats with malware and Apple patches usually by the next week, or even the next day!

Also strange that Blackberry never got successful with Android devices even though in my opinion, the Blackberry Androids have more interesting features, like the ability to be alerted if someone is using your camera to watch you, etc. You would think people might give a crap about important things such as this but alas.

03-30-17 01:52 AM
    Copy/Paste is a wonderful thing! LOL

Steve, K4SQI
    Cheater! But I bet you can't SAY Saskatchewan properly

Sass-Catch-chew-one

kb7sqi likes this.
    03-30-17 01:55 AM
    That's something I LOVE about my Passport clock "bedside mode:" The digits go red. Is "bedside mode," with user-selectable notifications (all off, phone only) too much to ask for..? In the Blandroid world, it seems that way.
    When it comes to notification options, nothing can touch our 9900's. I like that I can set to Phone Calls Only overnight because I don't mind being woken for an emergency, but with Apple when you set to "Do Not Disturb" everynight, it only allows your favourite contacts permission to call during this time. Now what if someone you love is at a payphone, or using a strangers cell to call during a car accident, etc......on the iphone you will not get that call even if it is set to vibrate, etc.

The notification possibilities are endless in BBOS when you delve further into the sound Notif settings.

One thing I don't care for is when changing the sound settings between say.....High Ring Volume to Medium Ring Volume, it then changes the tones even if they are set for a specific contact on the 9900. But of course it is no biggie to modify the settings for each sound setting but I wish it was universal for that only.

I know, it's confusing

03-30-17 02:03 AM
    The desktop browser version of CB is quite good on the 9900, and I believe all the options are there.....

03-30-17 02:06 AM
    The desktop browser version of CB is quite good on the 9900, and I believe all the options are there.....

You can select 'Mobile' or 'Mobile Lite' versions of the CB website if trying access on a phone. That can help make for a lighter, faster experience. Personally, I find the CB website one of the worst to visit on the BB browser (even with BB10), its far too content rich, with numerous shades blocking the viewing experience – somewhat ironic when you think about it.

I routinely use the Tapatalk app to interact with the CB forums on my 9900. The CB forum app (built on an older version of Tapatalk) became rather troublesome, a couple months back, and started to lockup my 9900. I believe somebody else here experienced similar problems.
    Tapatalk v.1.4.7.9 seems very reliable on my 9900
    03-30-17 02:42 AM
    You can select 'Mobile' or 'Mobile Lite' versions of the CB website if trying access on a phone. That can help make for a lighter, faster experience. Personally, I find the CB website one of the worst to visit on the BB browser (even with BB10), its far too content rich, with numerous shades blocking the viewing experience – somewhat ironic when you think about it.

I routinely use the Tapatalk app to interact with the CB forums on my 9900. The CB forum app (built on an older version of Tapatalk) became rather troublesome, a couple months back, and started to lockup my 9900. I believe somebody else here experienced similar problems.
    Tapatalk v.1.4.7.9 seems very reliable on my 9900
    I've never tried the Tapatalk app because the CB app has worked for me better than ever. Last year I had issues where CB app would log me out several times but this hasn't happened in months on the 9900. It's very fast. The browser version is a little slower but actually not too bad on mine. But certainly all of the options would be probably more so on the browser version for crack. But I wonder CollinsCity is aware you can unsubscribe by clicking the dotted BB button on the thread and then sliding over to subscribe and subscribe. I am subscribed to three forums, 9900, general and keyone and for trying to unsubscribe from the actual forms and not just one particular thread, I have not tried the forum UNsubscription.
    03-30-17 02:53 AM
    OK and oddly enough now my email notifications are working again for CB.
    03-30-17 02:55 AM
    Miracles never cease. Opera Mini on 9930 is back to good on CB! I've changed NOthng. Just tried it, after a week of non-function, and here I am. Go figure. Perplexing but glad to have it back. Lack of explanation drives me NUTS, tho. Lol.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-30-17 02:57 AM
    Copy/Paste is a wonderful thing! LOL

Steve, K4SQI
    YES! Especially on our trackpad 9900s! Truly wonderful to PRECISELY place pointer with trackpad, press "shift" once, then PRECISELY and quickly highlight desired text by scrolling trackpad. Up/down for entire lines. Left/right for a precise letter. Menu key then pops up copy-cut-paste options.

Or, depending on app, click trackpad to pop up editing options... All in one fluid motion. Most apps will select entire word by simply placing pointer some where on word and long press trackpad.

ALL of this in single hand with single thumb!

Classic also mimics much of this... Impressively smooth with latest OS but no match for fluidity of our 99s. SOMEone at BB clearly devoted a labor of love perfecting 9900 UI.
    03-30-17 03:20 AM
    Miracles never cease. Opera Mini on 9930 is back to good on CB! I've changed NOthng. Just tried it, after a week of non-function, and here I am. Go figure. Perplexing but glad to have it back. Lack of explanation drives me NUTS, tho. Lol.
    See as soon as I come back here after a couple days everyone's device runs better! My momma always said I'm "special"

But that can mean so many different things

idssteve and mushroom_daddy like this.
    03-30-17 03:26 AM
8,754 ... 209210211212213 ...