Hi All

Is there anyway to see gif's posted in twitter by friends. I love to see them but missing this feature in twitter app and browser too. Really need it

Thanks
    I'm not sure. If anyone is posting GIFs in my feed, I'm not seeing them.
    03-22-17 12:23 AM
    Hi All

Is there anyway to see gif's posted in twitter by friends. I love to see them but missing this feature in twitter app and browser too. Really need it

Thanks
    I wonder if there is a setting in Twitter (especially in the browser mode) to "lower image quality" and maybe that might work?

I'll take a look.....

And you are right GIFS don't work in my Twitter either, just a pic shows.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-22-17 12:25 AM
    No I guess not, no setting...

I went to Animal Gifs in Twitter to test

03-22-17 12:29 AM
    No I guess not, no setting...

I went to Animal Gifs in Twitter to test

Sad, this the reason why I'm occasionally switching to q10
    03-22-17 12:33 AM
    Can u pls try to open twitter website on android or ios browser. It renders differently and we can see gifs but we can't see that version of twitter on bb7 browser.
    03-22-17 12:45 AM
    Can u pls try to open twitter website on android or ios browser. It renders differently and we can see gifs but we can't see that version of twitter on bb7 browser.
    All the GIFS work on my iphone so I am not sure what you are asking..

You can bet that the versions on ios will be completely different than say the version of the Twitter app on the Blackberry 9900, right?

03-22-17 04:55 PM
    My brand new T-mobile 9900 arrived yesterday!
    Setup was pretty smooth except for adding gmail into mix , it took a couple hours figuring that out.
    Tmoible did away with AWS hspa+ 4G in my area so I'm stuck with EDGE.

EDGE call quality reminds me of 8330 Sprint days.....not so great but works.
    Text message & picture attachments working.
    New BB email address set up.
    Pandora , tuninRadio & browsing speeds fast data loadups not so bad.

All in all I love device, I will sim swap every so often with GS7.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 03-23-17 at 11:04 AM.
    03-23-17 10:54 AM
    All the GIFS work on my iphone so I am not sure what you are asking..

You can bet that the versions on ios will be completely different than say the version of the Twitter app on the Blackberry 9900, right?

Ya wanna say same

If you open iphone.facebook.com on bb7 browser, fb iphone version will be opened

If we can do something like that for twitter, it will be great
    03-23-17 02:13 PM
    Setup was pretty smooth except for adding gmail into mix , it took a couple hours figuring that out.

If you can find a cheap unlocked AT&T device you might find yourself getting 3G instead of Edge. Depends on where you live. I have 2 9900's. One is a AT&T device and the other is an unlocked Telus model from Canada. Both have bands 1,2,5, & 6. So I am getting 4G/H+ on them. Glad you got everything working & enjoy your 9900. I had a keyboard fail on my AT&T model the other night while I was working & got it replaced yesterday afternoon. It's back up & running now w/ no problems. Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    03-23-17 04:04 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge and Remote Control will let your 9900 do some useful things with PlayBook. Fwiw. I use that combo for large screen presentations thru PB's hdmi thanks to 9900's trackpad. I also use Classic thru Miracast but 9900/PB-hdmi still works better for some things. Trackpad tames giant screens as nicely as it tames tiny screens.
    Yeah, I've used BlackBerry Bridge several times now w/ my 9900. It works great! I was debating getting a 64 gig PlayBook to use with it, but so far my 16/32 gig models are working fine. LOL. When I upgraded from the Q10 to the Classic, I hated that didn't have the HDMI port. I actually used my Q10 for several presentations back in the day. When my keyboard died the other night @ work, I did a sim swap back over to the Classic for almost 24 hours. I also quickly realized how much I miss Blend. ;-) Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    03-23-17 04:08 PM

Nice!!!

I know right, people like to talk and diss the browser speed but really it's not so bad. If I just do a general Google search for something it's pretty efficient for me anyway. And it's actually faster than my old ageing iPhone 5c.
    03-23-17 04:19 PM
    Ya wanna say same

If you open iphone.facebook.com on bb7 browser, fb iphone version will be opened

If we can do something like that for twitter, it will be great
    Ah I see what you mean now, yes I have that "mirroring" feature enabled on my iPhone and iPad, and both devices communicate with each other and basically stay "on the same page" but I find myself never using this feature.

I often find myself multitasking on one device and then I want to do something on the other device so I don't always want them on the same page.

But I could certainly understand why it would be nice to have this or why others would need it also.
    03-23-17 04:23 PM
    Nice!!!

I know right, people like to talk and diss the browser speed but really it's not so bad. If I just do a general Google search for something it's pretty efficient for me anyway. And it's actually faster than my old ageing iPhone 5c.
    I use the browser a lot, and spend a fair bit of time waiting for checker-boarding to clear. It really depends on the site. Some render quickly, while others are painfully slow.

It would be nice if we could enter alternative user-agent strings for the browser. It helps a lot to be able to mimic the iphone browser on other old devices. But I've never seen any suggestion that it's possible to alter the string for the BB7 browser.
    03-23-17 08:42 PM
    My brand new T-mobile 9900 arrived yesterday! Setup was pretty smooth except for adding gmail into mix , it took a couple hours figuring that out. Tmoible did away with AWS hspa+ 4G in my area so I'm stuck with EDGE.
    Welcome to the Club!

Too bad about T-Mo -- that's one of the things I like about AT&T: In addition to free BIS, I get 4G on my Bold.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-23-17 10:30 PM
    I use the browser a lot, and spend a fair bit of time waiting for checker-boarding to clear. It really depends on the site. Some render quickly, while others are painfully slow.
    Very true. For most searches I don't even have to go into the website I just scan the Google results page and I usually get my answer ;-)

As for strings, the only ones I know about are on my shoelaces. That's all above my pay grade ;-)
    03-23-17 10:42 PM
    Well, after deciding against the Classic, I was surfing the newly listed BlackBerries on eBay, and came across a Passport SE, in nice condition, for CAD $210 shipped. I couldn't resist. So.... I guess I'll finally get to play with a Passport.... Should be here in about a week.
    03-23-17 10:45 PM
    As for strings, the only ones I know about are on my shoelaces. That's all above my pay grade ;-)
    The user agent string identifies your browser to the server you're accessing. If the server thinks you have an iPhone, it often serves a lighter, well-optimized, mobile-friendly page.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    03-23-17 10:48 PM
    Well, after deciding against the Classic, I was surfing the newly listed BlackBerries on eBay, and came across a Passport SE, in nice condition, for CAD $210 shipped. I couldn't resist. So.... I guess I'll finally get to play with a Passport.... Should be here in about a week.
    Is this a good deal? Just curious. Just browsing Kijiji and I found it. I'm presuming it's unlocked.9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1490328748.467374.jpg
    03-23-17 11:12 PM
    Is this a good deal? Just curious. Just browsing Kijiji and I found it. I'm presuming it's unlocked.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1490328748.467374.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	420115
    Several recent auctions on eBay have ended up at the $100-$110 plus shipping range. So that's neither bad nor great. If the phone was in really good condition, it would be reasonable.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    03-23-17 11:34 PM
    Yeah, I've used BlackBerry Bridge several times now w/ my 9900. It works great! I was debating getting a 64 gig PlayBook to use with it, but so far my 16/32 gig models are working fine. LOL. When I upgraded from the Q10 to the Classic, I hated that didn't have the HDMI port. I actually used my Q10 for several presentations back in the day. When my keyboard died the other night @ work, I did a sim swap back over to the Classic for almost 24 hours. I also quickly realized how much I miss Blend. ;-) Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    Haha... I also know the feeling of device failure right before a presentation! Lol. Just to be clear, Classic does provide hdmi thru thru its "slimport" usb. Just takes an adapter. Fwiw. Trackpad is SO nice for presentations!

Blend is another great concept...
    03-24-17 01:11 AM
    Is this a good deal? Just curious. Just browsing Kijiji and I found it. I'm presuming it's unlocked.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1490328748.467374.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	420115
    I'd be sure it has Qi charging. Imo. Sort of substitute for our 99's charging contacts. Since the embedded battery Classic must use the phone as a battery charger, Qi is the only alternative to usb charging... if the particular Classic has it. Models SQC100-2, 3 and 5 have it, afaik.

My Classics constantly complain of overheating while on Qi but it's a must have, imo.
    03-24-17 01:49 AM
    I'd be sure it has Qi charging. Imo. Sort of substitute for our 99's charging contacts. Since the embedded battery Classic must use the phone as a battery charger, Qi is the only alternative to usb charging... if the particular Classic has it. Models SQC100-2, 3 and 5 have it, afaik.

My Classics constantly complain of overheating while on Qi but it's a must have, imo.
    I learn something every day. I figured they were all the same. Are you talking about the connection port being different?
    03-24-17 02:01 AM
    I learn something every day. I figured they were all the same. Are you talking about the connection port being different?
    No externally visible difference. Same usb port. Qi is a wireless inductive technology that charges thru the back cover. No physical contacts.

Pretty neat, since there's nothing to get dirty. Generates some heat, tho. Since you can't remove Classic, Passport or Z30 battery, it provides some charging redundancy. Essential enough to pay a little more for handsets that include it. Imo.
    03-24-17 05:13 AM
    Hmm.

I just found out about that diagnostic test last night.

BTW do you turn ON "Event Sounds?"

If you use a pod charger you will find it VERY helpful
    Sitting on a plane waiting to take off at the end of a two weeks trips. The sky is congested. The road is congested. It's a congested place.

Anyway, Event Sounds has been a pleasant new thing for this trip. I did not wait for the pod to arrive and it has still been great. On top of the nice sound notification when connect to charging and fully charge, the phone gives the same nice sounds when turning on and off. I have auto on-off set up for the night so when the phone turn off, I would know that it is time for bed.

Thanks Ralph. It was a great tip.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-24-17 06:15 AM
    Haha... I also know the feeling of device failure right before a presentation! Lol. Just to be clear, Classic does provide hdmi thru thru its "slimport" usb. Just takes an adapter. Fwiw. Trackpad is SO nice for presentations!

Blend is another great concept...
    I knew you could use an adapter w/ the Classic to provide HDMI. It was just always nice to have it built right into the Z10/Q10. I guess I should pick me up one of those adapters just in case. :-) Take care!

Steve, K4SQI
    03-24-17 08:35 AM
8,754 ... 206207208209210 ...