Hey Ralph, looks like you're coming up on post # 5000...
    Dude is a posting madman.

Anyone having issues with the CrackBerry Forums app? I've had to uninstall / reinstall twice, now... It hangs, and I have to press and hold the BlackBerry button to get out of it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-11-17 03:45 PM

Anyone having issues with the CrackBerry Forums app? I've had to uninstall / reinstall twice, now... It hangs, and I have to press and hold the BlackBerry button to get out of it.

No my CB app is perfect. I only had a minor issue in the summer when it logged me out and it took about 10 tries to get back in.

I did have some help in the posting

On the Blackberry VM-605, I'm thinking all the iphone guys bought them because it works BEAUTIFULLY with ios

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-11-17 04:08 PM
    Maybe there should be a prize for the 5000th post....like my spare VM-605......oh wait, I forgot, they don't work with Blackberry phones so scratch that

03-11-17 04:10 PM

Haha... post # for this thread approaching 5000 might deserve some sort of acknowledgment??

I don't use forum apps (long story) so can't help there. Noticed a few posts disappear but figured Mods doing their job. Still don't like the lack of contrast but Opera is working smoother with the newer site format. A little rocky at first but pretty pleased now. Fwiw.
    03-11-17 04:25 PM
    Maybe there should be a prize for the 5000th post....like my spare VM-605......oh wait, I forgot, they don't work with Blackberry phones so scratch that

I'd contribute toward a "Blame Ralph" T-shirt?
    Pocket T, of course.
    03-11-17 05:02 PM
    As long as it's not a golf shirt :P

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 07:09 PM
    How 'bout I post 14 times and win the prize?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 07:10 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll certainly seek out and try the Weather Channel app, hopefully it will be available and function in the UK.

BeWeather has not updated since this morning. Pity, it used to be rock solid
    BeWeather ever start updating? Or did you "BeRid" of it when you installed Weather Channel?

I'm still limping along with my "battle injured" 9930 mostly because of not wanting to give up BeWeather and Lygea RPN calculator. Even considering transferring motherboard into fresh chassis JUST to keep BeWeather & RPN calc.

Guess I'm trying to evaluate if BeWeather has started shutting down and whether moving the mo-board would be worth the effort? Also pondering other options like BBSAK, etc. ANYthing other than pointlessly attempting to re-register with an awol Bellshare. Lol.
    03-11-17 07:50 PM
    As long as it's not a golf shirt :P

Posted via CB10
    Haha... Gotta have a 9900 sized pocket, at least.
    03-11-17 07:52 PM
    Haha... Gotta have a 9900 sized pocket, at least.
    My father carries his phone in a shirt pocket. It's a dangerous business. I replaced a couple of screens for him and then he went out and found a flip phone again.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 08:07 PM
    My father carries his phone in a shirt pocket. It's a dangerous business. I replaced a couple of screens for him and then he went out and found a flip phone again.

Posted via CB10

Hmm... Good point. Probably not the best practice. I'm usually a holster guy, myself. But sometimes... Lol. Most days, 99 spends more time in hand than holster. Or pocket. . Wonder what strategies might keep phone safely in pocket? A flap? Velcro?

Of course if Ralph sold the shirt thru CB Store, they'd likely claim "This product doesn't work with 9900" Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 03-11-17 at 10:04 PM.
    03-11-17 09:54 PM
    I'm usually a holster guy, myself.

Of course if Ralph sold the shirt thru CB Store, they'd likely claim "This product doesn't work with 9900" Lol.
    Lol I have a friend from Africa and he refuses to use a hip holster because "it is not sexy."(in case girls see him like that. I think one time he equated this to using a Pocket Protector like in the Revenge of the Nerds movie in 1984, remember that?)) Cooler to put it in a pocket I guess he figures. In winter I prefer the holster, but in summer I like use pants/shorts with Cargo pockets. Now I realize the Vietnam era is over and Cargo pockets probably aren't "sexy" either but I need pockets dagnabbit!

The good news is I have 5 hours constant use on the battery of the 605 so far and it is working great. The bad news is that it is not working great with the 9900 and those hours are mostly while connected to the ipad as it stops streaming from TuneIn Radio because of the bitrate issue on the 9900.

So that T shirt might be accurate if they claimed that after all!

The radio streams great for about 5 minutes (and this would be more than enough for most calls I might receive or make from the car) but then TuneIn might act like a different animal than say receiving a call in the vehicle.

03-12-17 04:29 AM

A couple of weeks back the CB app on my 9900 was failing and regularly locking up such that a reboot was the only fix. I eventually uninstalled and put Tapatalk back on, haven't looked back since. That same weekend someone on the Still Bold BBM group was reporting similar problems with his CB app; perhaps that was you?
    03-12-17 04:31 AM
    BeWeather ever start updating? Or did you "BeRid" of it when you installed Weather Channel?
    BeWeather is still on my 9900 but it is very poor now at refreshing weather. Usually it picks up first thing in the morning (after nightly reboot) and then struggles to refresh during the day. This morning it has done nothing, just returns the 'http response code: 301 error'.
    Keep hoping it will self-fix but probably I'm in a state of denial
    03-12-17 04:40 AM
    BeWeather is refreshing fine on my 9900 and I am using the free version. My favorite was BBWeather as it had quite a nice display of info and a bit more details. But that app is not supported anymore.

I never have my phone in chest pocket after my 9000 dropped into some nasty stuff. Different people have different reason. Back in 2000, I used to work with this guy who very much believed that keeping his Nokia in his chest pocket had been the reason for his heart being 'shifted' more to the right. That would've be a big one on the guilt list of mobile phone signal.

Getting closer to the 5000th post and I think Ralph should do the honor.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-12-17 08:13 AM
    In winter I prefer the holster, but in summer I like use pants/shorts with Cargo pockets. Now I realize the Vietnam era is over and Cargo pockets probably aren't "sexy" either but I need pockets dagnabbit!
    Agree 100%! Cargo pants were _made_ for the personal electronic device era. Plus, if you're not "sexy" in pants with a cargo pocket, pants without one probably won't help...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-12-17 08:33 AM
    ...I'm still limping along with my "battle injured" 9930 mostly because of not wanting to give up BeWeather and Lygea RPN calculator. Even considering transferring motherboard into fresh chassis JUST to keep BeWeather & RPN calc.
    My BeWeather (free) still seems to work on the Bold. The Lygea gave up the ghost for some reason; it decided I hadn't paid and wanted me to resubmit the code -- which is nowhere to be found. That's OK, because I have RPNator on my Passport, thank goodness. CrackBerry on the Bold..? We'll see...

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-12-17 08:40 AM
    Lol I have a friend from Africa and he refuses to use a hip holster because "it is not sexy."(in case girls see him like that. I think one time he equated this to using a Pocket Protector like in the Revenge of the Nerds movie in 1984, remember that?)) Cooler to put it in a pocket I guess he figures. In winter I prefer the holster, but in summer I like use pants/shorts with Cargo pockets. Now I realize the Vietnam era is over and Cargo pockets probably aren't "sexy" either but I need pockets dagnabbit!

The good news is I have 5 hours constant use on the battery of the 605 so far and it is working great. The bad news is that it is not working great with the 9900 and those hours are mostly while connected to the ipad as it stops streaming from TuneIn Radio because of the bitrate issue on the 9900.

So that T shirt might be accurate if they claimed that after all!

The radio streams great for about 5 minutes (and this would be more than enough for most calls I might receive or make from the car) but then TuneIn might act like a different animal than say receiving a call in the vehicle.

Haha... I frequently employ pocket protectors also. Loaded with a black & a blue pen, sharpie, penlight, micro screwdriver, dental mirror and, in recent years, magnifying glass. Lol. Tho, my Classic has been performing magnifying functions lately. Camera being 99's weakest attribute. Sure wish Classic's camera did trackpad zoom like 99, tho. Lol.

With two holsters and a loaded pocket protector, I suspect the girls in your friend's home town might run the other way? Hate to see how they'd react to my safety glasses case, hard hat and climbing harness... ?? Lol. I'll leave that judgment to my wife of 35+yrs. Lol. (A true Saint for putting up with the likes of me thru these decades. Lol.)

Anyway, looking at custom Tshirt providers on the internet, I noticed that quite a few advertise online design and "no minimum". I also never realized how many different T shirt styles there are! Choosing between Haines or Fruit of the Loom pocket T's at Walmart is an excruciating enuff decision, for me. Lol. Perhaps it would be best if someone who doesn't carry two cellphone holsters and a fully loaded pocket protector, made that choice of style? Lol. The wife offered to help pick it out but seemed drawn to a TyeDyed style that reminded her of the first Rainbow Gathering, where we re-met. Lol.

SOooo... I'm thinking that maybe the logical person to "blame" for this decision is Ralph! Lol. ??? No pressure. Really. No pressure... Well, maybe a little... If Ralph might be willing to choose a local (to him) provider that accepts PayPal, I'll speak for three dozen shirts plus a few to donate to "the cause"... like the 5000th post... ??

Then, once the design is set, possibly, individuals might PayPal order individually directly from that provider? Unless Ralph wants to market them himself? CB Shop would need to correct that "This product doesn't work with..." thing...lol. Justa thought. ??

My only request, if possible, is that the shirts chosen be natural fiber... Both for arc-flash & welding splatter reasons AND so my "Rainbow" wife will let me wear it. Lol.

My thought on design was Ralph's T-Rex avatar on one side and "Blame Ralph" on the other?? But others in the breakroom have suggested including on one side "It's a BlackBerry thing, you wouldn't understand." Lol. I generally favor simple so... We'll also dump those sorts of choices on Ralph, while we're dumping... Lol. IF! IF!! IF!!! Ralph is ok with ANY of this... ??? If not, no biggie, imo.

Topic? Oh yeah... The battery in these VM605s is truly remarkable. Mine dates back to my old Pearl! 6-7+ years?? No batt issues with it, what-so-ever. Idk what technology it's using but... Crazy good.

I stream TuneIn thru 9930 & vm605 ALL the time. Its my strategy to keep the VM's FM awake between calls. Only issues I have are network related and the bluetooth side is irrelevant to that, afaik. Does your TuneIn play have problems without the VM??

BTW, I've intentionally made this a long post trying to slow the march to 5000... Lol. 99 just extracts words from thumb... In enchanting ways...

Edit: Ug! Had to correct a typo! Can you believe it? Even worse because a coworker caught it!! Ouch... Happens to the worst of us... Even on a 99. Go figure... Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 03-12-17 at 10:15 AM.
    03-12-17 10:00 AM
    Next person to post wins!

(but seriously, there's no prize)
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-12-17 02:39 PM
    Haha... I frequently employ pocket protectors also. Loaded with a black & a blue pen, sharpie, penlight, micro screwdriver, dental mirror and, in recent years, magnifying glass. Lol. Tho, my Classic has been performing magnifying functions lately. Camera being 99's weakest attribute. Sure wish Classic's camera did trackpad zoom like 99, tho. Lol.

With two holsters and a loaded pocket protector, I suspect the girls in your friend's home town might run the other way? Hate to see how they'd react to my safety glasses case, hard hat and climbing harness... ?? Lol. I'll leave that judgment to my wife of 35+yrs. Lol. (A true Saint for putting up with the likes of me thru these decades. Lol.)

Anyway, looking at custom Tshirt providers on the internet, I noticed that quite a few advertise online design and "no minimum". I also never realized how many different T shirt styles there are! Choosing between Haines or Fruit of the Loom pocket T's at Walmart is an excruciating enuff decision, for me. Lol. Perhaps it would be best if someone who doesn't carry two cellphone holsters and a fully loaded pocket protector, made that choice of style? Lol. The wife offered to help pick it out but seemed drawn to a TyeDyed style that reminded her of the first Rainbow Gathering, where we re-met. Lol.

SOooo... I'm thinking that maybe the logical person to "blame" for this decision is Ralph! Lol. ??? No pressure. Really. No pressure... Well, maybe a little... If Ralph might be willing to choose a local (to him) provider that accepts PayPal, I'll speak for three dozen shirts plus a few to donate to "the cause"... like the 5000th post... ??

Then, once the design is set, possibly, individuals might PayPal order individually directly from that provider? Unless Ralph wants to market them himself? CB Shop would need to correct that "This product doesn't work with..." thing...lol. Justa thought. ??

My only request, if possible, is that the shirts chosen be natural fiber... Both for arc-flash & welding splatter reasons AND so my "Rainbow" wife will let me wear it. Lol.

My thought on design was Ralph's T-Rex avatar on one side and "Blame Ralph" on the other?? But others in the breakroom have suggested including on one side "It's a BlackBerry thing, you wouldn't understand." Lol. I generally favor simple so... We'll also dump those sorts of choices on Ralph, while we're dumping... Lol. IF! IF!! IF!!! Ralph is ok with ANY of this... ??? If not, no biggie, imo.

Topic? Oh yeah... The battery in these VM605s is truly remarkable. Mine dates back to my old Pearl! 6-7+ years?? No batt issues with it, what-so-ever. Idk what technology it's using but... Crazy good.

I stream TuneIn thru 9930 & vm605 ALL the time. Its my strategy to keep the VM's FM awake between calls. Only issues I have are network related and the bluetooth side is irrelevant to that, afaik. Does your TuneIn play have problems without the VM??

BTW, I've intentionally made this a long post trying to slow the march to 5000... Lol. 99 just extracts words from thumb... In enchanting ways...

Edit: Ug! Had to correct a typo! Can you believe it? Even worse because a coworker caught it!! Ouch... Happens to the worst of us... Even on a 99. Go figure... Lol.
    LOL NERD!!!!!

But whoa man you guys are hillarious! Since everyone is so afraid to post 5000 I'll do it. What do I win, a VM-605 you say? yay! And I save on the shipping costs too!

But yeah Fruit of the loom is quality stuff and you do what you want Steve lols, no one else on the planet will know what those shirts mean. They will probably think it is for the next Jurassic Park movie or something

I still have to test tunein without the 605 and see what happens. In fact I will do that RIGHT NOW and report back. (I'm sure the batteries are nuclear powered on these things!)

03-12-17 03:23 PM
    BeWeather is refreshing fine on my 9900 and I am using the free version. My favorite was BBWeather as it had quite a nice display of info and a bit more details. But that app is not supported anymore.

I never have my phone in chest pocket after my 9000 dropped into some nasty stuff. Different people have different reason. Back in 2000, I used to work with this guy who very much believed that keeping his Nokia in his chest pocket had been the reason for his heart being 'shifted' more to the right. That would've be a big one on the guilt list of mobile phone signal.

Getting closer to the 5000th post and I think Ralph should do the honor.

Posted from my  Passport
    One of the TuneIn Radio shows I love is "The Best Of Art Bell" Coast to Coast AM and once a guest was talking about how no one should put a cellular device right against their body because of the cellular effect from the microwaves. But then others talk about the radiation being so minimal that it makes no difference. Who knows.

Side Note: TuneIn is streaming good without and with the 605 connected today. will keep checking....

03-12-17 03:35 PM
    How 'bout I post 14 times and win the prize?

Posted via CB10
    You should have lols, you earned a prize as far as I am concerned for all the tech help in here! And many others that contribute as well.

I would probably have this 9900 still in a drawer if you didn't give me that contact to get a legit BB brand KB because locally, I had exhausted all the electronics repair shops and NONE of theirs worked on my device.

03-12-17 03:38 PM
    LOL NERD!!!!!
    Yep. Guilty as charged.

Happy 5000! Hope you enjoy your VM-605... Be sure to get the shipping address right. Lol.

I'll continue to pursue a Tshirt but with your permission & approval. Always liked Tshirts no-one understands... Great conversation starter. Lol. One thought brought up in the breakroom here was a T-rex chasing a troll... Lol.

Seriously, tho, 5000 enjoyable posts! Great job to Ralph and all!
    03-12-17 03:40 PM
    My BeWeather (free) still seems to work on the Bold. The Lygea gave up the ghost for some reason; it decided I hadn't paid and wanted me to resubmit the code -- which is nowhere to be found. That's OK, because I have RPNator on my Passport, thank goodness. CrackBerry on the Bold..? We'll see...

Yeah, RPNator wasn't a good fit for Classic. Gonna try it on my Z30, tho.

I was able to get Lygea working on this 9930, after it mysteriously stopped, by entering an activation code found at BBW, my world, scroll down & select "Pocket 10C", scroll toward bottom of description and there's "License Key: xxxxx" on mine. Haven't tried entering on any other device but if you had it on your 9900, that license key might be there?

Once you go RPN, everything else just seems like the long way around. Lol.
    03-12-17 04:02 PM
    Agree 100%! Cargo pants were _made_ for the personal electronic device era. Plus, if you're not "sexy" in pants with a cargo pocket, pants without one probably won't help...

Lol I could cut 3 holes in a potato sack and wear it and still be as sexy as my Storm Trooper 99

03-12-17 04:04 PM
8,754 ... 198199200201202 ...