My problems with BeWeather continue, what I've observed is that it updates after each early morning reboot and then fails for the rest of the day, returning the http 301 response error.

Considering that the BeWeather developer appears to have gone AWOL , it might be time for me to explore alternatives, so recommendations of favourite weather apps (known to currently work on the 9900) are welcomed
    I guess you have tried The Weather Channel, the blue icon? I like it because of the current temp shown on the icon without entering and it is very accurate.

The hourly and weekly forecasts are simple and easy to read. Set up and save multiple locations, etc but don't expect a ton of customization.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-09-17 at 03:12 AM.
    03-09-17 02:57 AM
    ....seriously spent hours last night reading this thread and looking on eBay, loved my curve, bought the q10 but hated how my z would go berserk, so here's to blackberry shopping today lol
    03-09-17 08:10 AM
    My problems with BeWeather continue, what I've observed is that it updates after each early morning reboot and then fails for the rest of the day, returning the http 301 response error.

Considering that the BeWeather developer appears to have gone AWOL , it might be time for me to explore alternatives, so recommendations of favourite weather apps (known to currently work on the 9900) are welcomed
    I'm with Ralph on this one. I really like the Weather Channel app. In fact, I like it better than the weather apps available on any other platform. The display is very simple and straightforward, and the icon changes to indicate the weather and temperature.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-09-17 09:26 AM
    I'm with Ralph on this one. I really like the Weather Channel app.....
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll certainly seek out and try the Weather Channel app, hopefully it will be available and function in the UK.

BeWeather has not updated since this morning. Pity, it used to be rock solid
    03-09-17 04:30 PM
    Does the 9900/9930 have UMA?

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-09-17 05:15 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll certainly seek out and try the Weather Channel app, hopefully it will be available and function in the UK.
    Installed and working, not quite as pretty as BeWeather but it works and appears to be updating.
    03-10-17 12:19 AM
    Installed and working, not quite as pretty as BeWeather but it works and appears to be updating.
    Let's just be happy they work ;-)
    03-10-17 12:43 AM
    Ralph, I was preparing a reply clarifying & challenging some more inconsistencies for the other thread when it got closed. Let me just say here that 9900 forum was miserably overrun by trolls before Ralph burst on the scene. It has been a pleasant experience of collaboration since. Thank you Ralph!!
    03-10-17 01:08 AM
    Ralph, I was preparing a reply clarifying & challenging some more inconsistencies for the other thread when it got closed. Let me just say here that 9900 forum was miserably overrun by trolls before Ralph burst on the scene. It has been a pleasant experience of collaboration since. Thank you Ralph!!
    Actually I thought there were only about 2 of you still using this forum at that time: p

Don't worry about it my friend. Let's just move foreward and we all hopefully continue to enjoy this device as long as we can.

When I put the sim back in just prepare for a LOT of posts, and I am going to detail EVERYTHING I experience and I may have some questions for everyone.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 03-10-17 at 01:45 AM.
    03-10-17 01:10 AM
    Someone is selling another one of these VM-605's and I think I will grab it, he only wants $5 but they are over $100 new from what I remember. Works great in the car for a Bluetooth speaker to play my Spotify music also and works with Blackberry or IPhone. It somehow converts the Bluetooth signal to all of your car speakers and I get about 6 months out of a single charge! 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1489136219.526466.jpg
    idssteve likes this.
    03-10-17 02:57 AM
    Someone is selling another one of these VM-605's and I think I will grab it, he only wants $5 but they are over $100 new from what I remember. Works great in the car for a Bluetooth speaker to play my Spotify music also and works with Blackberry or IPhone. It somehow converts the Bluetooth signal to all of your car speakers and I get about 6 months out of a single charge! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1489136219.526466.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	419099
    Yep. Works amazingly clearly over built in speaker OR transmits FM to car stereo. Always wished for a similar FM transmitter already built into a phone handset. oh well. Battery life IS amazing.
    03-10-17 06:33 AM
    Wow, I was thinking about it for my collection then got the other belt clip model. But 6 month on a single charge is just unbelievable. That sounds like relaying bluetooth only but still it is incredible.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-10-17 06:52 AM
    Someone is selling another one of these VM-605's and I think I will grab it, he only wants $5 but they are over $100 new from what I remember. Works great in the car for a Bluetooth speaker to play my Spotify music also and works with Blackberry or IPhone. It somehow converts the Bluetooth signal to all of your car speakers and I get about 6 months out of a single charge! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1489136219.526466.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	419099
    I need to get one of these!

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    03-10-17 07:22 AM
    Yep. Works amazingly clearly over built in speaker OR transmits FM to car stereo. Always wished for a similar FM transmitter already built into a phone handset. oh well. Battery life IS amazing.

Just checked for this on Shop CB.
    There is a note showing :
    " this product doesn't work with Classic " ?

Is this correct ?
    Have you used it with other BB10 devices ?
    03-10-17 07:33 AM

Is this correct ?
    Hmm.. Swear I had Classic on it at least once... 9900 is just too handy. I'll try Classic today & report back.
    03-10-17 09:10 AM
    Wow, I was thinking about it for my collection then got the other belt clip model. But 6 month on a single charge is just unbelievable. That sounds like relaying bluetooth only but still it is incredible.

Posted from my  Passport
    Yup and to be honest though, the six months on a single charge was using it just as a talking piece while driving. But now that I'm playing Spotify every time I drive we will see how long it lasts and so far it's been over a month. Yeah it's pretty cool.
    03-10-17 10:45 AM
    I asked the woman who owns it about the battery and she said she never had any problem but it has been sitting for quite a while, but then again so is the one that my friend gave me and it's been amazing. She lives on the other side of town I'll try to get there later today
    idssteve likes this.
    03-10-17 10:46 AM
    I need to get one of these!

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    If you have a newer car you probably don't need one ha ha my car is a 2005 and there's no CarPlay or anything like that so yeah that's why I definitely need them.
    03-10-17 10:47 AM

Is this correct ?
    That seems odd. My friend gave it to me because he didn't think it would work on his iPhone or he tried it and get it wrong but it works perfectly with my iPhone ^_^ so one would hope it would work on a BlackBerry.

How much are they in here? Now I'm curious about Amazon and eBay I'll check later.
    03-10-17 10:49 AM
    If you have a newer car you probably don't need one ha ha my car is a 2005 and there's no CarPlay or anything like that so yeah that's why I definitely need them.
    I definitely don't have a newer car!

Posted from my  BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    03-10-17 11:07 AM
    That seems odd. My friend gave it to me because he didn't think it would work on his iPhone or he tried it and get it wrong but it works perfectly with my iPhone ^_^ so one would hope it would work on a BlackBerry.

How much are they in here? Now I'm curious about Amazon and eBay I'll check later.
    Shop CB US ( not available on Canadian site) has them at $70.
    I had been on the site recently looking for stuff for my Classic , so when I found it they gave me the warning it wouldn't work. ( my device was still set to Classic )

Yeah I am surprised as to why it wouldn't work with it?
    What, it works with an Apple product but not a BlackBerry?!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    03-10-17 12:27 PM
    You don't need any CarPlay or Android auto. Just the stereo system in your car with Bluetooth - it is nothing exclusive.
    03-10-17 12:43 PM
    @Newfangled what is BIS plan
    03-10-17 12:46 PM
    @Newfangled what is BIS plan
    BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service

It is required on legacy (pre-BB10) BlackBerry phones in order to use the integrated email client, BBM, and many apps.

Depending on your carrier, it may be a stand-alone service plan option or just be a feature you can add to an existing plan.

And not all carriers support it.
    03-10-17 12:54 PM
    Shop CB US ( not available on Canadian site) has them at $70.
    I had been on the site recently looking for stuff for my Classic , so when I found it they gave me the warning it wouldn't work. ( my device was still set to Classic )

Yeah I am surprised as to why it wouldn't work with it?
    What, it works with an Apple product but not a BlackBerry?!

Posted via CB10
    Seems really strange to me, also. 90+% sure that my Classic worked with it. A LONG time ago so memory is foggy. Memory doesn't get better with age. Lol. Just prefer 99 for hands free calls and media. I like ability to crank the stereo and actually HEAR the caller over my vehicle's diesel cackle.

My routine is to fire up TuneIn on 99 in left hand while buckling seat belt, starting engine and cranking up stereo with right hand. Left hand pops 99 into charging cradle while right hand shifts transmission into gear. A muscle memory thing. Lol. Left hand just doesn't work as efficiently with Classic, or ANYthing, as it does with 99. Lol. So it's been a while since I've used anything but 99.

Probably work to about midnight, tonight. Will try firing up Classic over VM605 once in truck tonight.
    03-10-17 01:02 PM
8,754 ... 196197198199200 ...