As far as I know, the beta is the only version that works, and that has been the case for some time.

When you say that you tried to download the beta but it didn't work, do you mean that you could not download it, or that you did download and install it, but that the beta app did not work once installed?

If the latter, did you uninstall Whatsapp before installing the beta?

If I was having this problem, I would uninstall, search for any configuration files and delete them using the file browser (I don't know where they are -- you'd have to look), and then try installing the beta.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your response, I can't download whatsapp beta..I'm getting error invalid cod while downloading.
    03-06-17 10:22 AM
    Thanks for your response, I can't download whatsapp beta..I'm getting error invalid cod while downloading.
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled from beta.whatsapp.com/ota without any problems. Is that the link you used? From the regular BlackBerry browser (not Opera Mini)?
    03-06-17 11:18 AM
    Deleted. Double post.
    03-06-17 11:20 AM
    I just uninstalled and reinstalled from beta.whatsapp.com/ota without any problems. Is that the link you used? From the regular BlackBerry browser (not Opera Mini)?
    After downloading till 7495, I got 907 error invalid cod error right now
    03-06-17 11:34 AM
    Returning to our former discussion on the BeWeather (free) app...
    Previously very reliable, just recently I've observed an increasing reluctance for BeWeather to update, it keeps returning an 'HTTP response code: 301' error when forcing a refresh.
    Have any other BeWeather users seen this, is it something peculiar to my 9900, or perhaps its a location based (UK) problem?
    I haven't had any issue with it here in NC updating the last 48 hours. Still using the Free version myself since I can't get any response after purchasing it. I hope it continues to work. :-) Take care.

Steve
    03-06-17 11:42 AM
    Tried three time just now, no luck
    03-06-17 11:44 AM
    I did the same thing just the other day after seeing people were having issues. I was even able to install the lasted from BB World after installing the OTA version. Everything installed w/ out a hitch. I was even able to do a sim swap and WhatsApp noticed the change & updated it's config on both phones. I did a swap between my 9900/Priv. Since then though, I've decided to keep using the Bold 9900 as my primary device on my personal line.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-06-17 11:47 AM
    I haven't had any issue with it here in NC updating the last 48 hours. Still using the Free version myself since I can't get any response after purchasing it. I hope it continues to work. :-) Take care.

Steve
    Same here, no response after purchase. Paid version on this old 9930 still working flawlessly, tho. Inability to purchase for new phone keeps me on my old "battle injured" 9930, for now. Just drove coast to coast with it as primary companion. Second time in a month's time. Faithfully alerted to near by tornadoes one night last week. Unmatched app. Sure wish BellShare would share a registration for PAID products they accepted money for... Grrr...
    03-06-17 12:17 PM
    Sadly, I can't get any weather updates from BeWeather, just tried restoring my settings from the backup on my SDcard but still no good. This has been going on for several days, perhaps its a UK problem. I've been travelling today so its not a local network issue. I might try an uninstall/reinstall next.

Re - paying for an app that doesn't get activated (idssteve) have you tried reporting to BlackBerry?
    03-06-17 12:32 PM
    There are a couple of fine posts by Newfangled on his 'Still BB10' blog, which well represent the views of many of us here who are Still Bold

(a) https://stillbb10.blogspot.com/2017/...-failures.html

( b ) https://stillbb10.blogspot.com/2017/...ry-keyone.html

Read, enjoy and be comfortable in the knowledge that we are not alone
    idssteve likes this.
    03-06-17 01:55 PM
    Well ebay is pretty strict on sellers if they do not sell as specified because people always look at the buyer ratings and if they have a crappy reputation NO ONE would buy from them. Ebay is pretty tough about that. Fraudulent sellers get discovered pretty fast and that's always why I read the reviews.

But when they say "sealed and new in box" I tend to believe it because every year or so they seem to discover a warehouse full of new old stock items and China is where they will be because of the massive populations, they stock up.

For that price, if I was looking, I think it would be worth it.

And white 9900's!!! WHITE!!!! How often do we ever see a white one even when these were brand new. I saw a white one 2 months before I bought mine at my electronics store and it was beat up beyond belief and they still wanted $135 at that time for it.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-06-17 04:20 PM
    There are a couple of fine posts by Newfangled on his 'Still BB10' blog, which well represent the views of many of us here who are Still Bold

(a) https://stillbb10.blogspot.com/2017/...-failures.html

( b ) https://stillbb10.blogspot.com/2017/...ry-keyone.html

Read, enjoy and be comfortable in the knowledge that we are not alone
    Thanks.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    03-06-17 07:22 PM
    Thanks.

The only thing I disagreed with in those two pieces was the characterization of the Priv hardware. I wanted the Priv to be a great phone, but it was not. The keyboard had a very shallow range of motion and the phone is well-known for overheating and laggy response times. I don't know how that all happened at such a crucial moment in the company's history, but it did, which is really unfortunate.

While I have no need for a new phone, I want the Mercury to succeed. I hope they've worked out the problems, and that it's not as top heavy and unbalanced as it looks. I suppose they might put the battery under the keyboard to get as much weight at the bottom end as possible.

P.S. I pulled out my 9900 today (I've been using the Q10) and I can't believe how good this keyboard is.... Every damn time it surprises me.
    03-06-17 08:54 PM
    Experiencing other devices assures appreciation for the masterpiece of communications efficiency RIM had achieved with 9900.
    03-06-17 10:27 PM
    Dallin that blog was probably the reason I joined your BB 10 group even though I've never had one

Side note: someone commented one of my 9900 videos on YouTube and referred to a BlackBerry Q 20. I said what are you talking about don't you mean the Q 10? And he said no I mean the classic, the Q 20.

As far as I know it's only called the classic, right?
    idssteve likes this.
    03-07-17 02:11 AM
    The Classic was often referred to as the Q20 by the community during development and prior to its release but AFAIK it was not used by BlackBerry. Its the Classic, just like the KEYone is not the Mercury
    idssteve and anon(9721108) like this.
    03-07-17 02:21 AM
    The only thing I disagreed with in those two pieces was the characterization of the Priv hardware. I wanted the Priv to be a great phone, but it was not. The keyboard had a very shallow range of motion and the phone is well-known for overheating and laggy response times. I don't know how that all happened at such a crucial moment in the company's history, but it did, which is really unfortunate.
    Perhaps the problem with Priv is it was never meant to be an Androids and never fully optimized for Androids. It was originally designed for BB10 as shown in Barcelona 2015. When BlackBerry got nervous and decided to switch, it was too late to start redesigning from scratch.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-07-17 07:01 AM
    Perhaps the problem with Priv is it was never meant to be an Androids and never fully optimized for Androids. It was originally designed for BB10 as shown in Barcelona 2015. When BlackBerry got nervous and decided to switch, it was too late to start redesigning from scratch.

I had to have a look at that on youtube, they unveiled the phone in a Black and White colour scheme but in the final launch it was only Black and running android. In the launch video you can clearly see the screen has BB10 on it, but at that launch the Leap seems to have out shadowed the "Slider" as it was called at the time. They could have launched the Priv with Android and BB10 sold through their shopblackberry website which would have been cool. I do however think the build of the Priv is quite amazing, the Priv i have was manufactured in April 2016 so i think any of the flaws that people talk about maybe have been sorted out with this device because the keyboard is clicky and gives great feedback. The keyboard on the Torch and Torch 2 was never the same as the Bold keyboards even though it had the same size as the 97xx devices, in today's climate of having the thinnest devices if BlackBerry had made the Priv a little thicker to make the keyboard more clicky then it would have been even worse received as being a "brick" device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-07-17 07:28 AM
    Dallin that blog was probably the reason I joined your BB 10 group even though I've never had one
    I have a feeling you'll eventually want to give one a try.

03-07-17 07:42 AM
    Well ebay is pretty strict on sellers if they do not sell as specified because people always look at the buyer ratings and if they have a crappy reputation NO ONE would buy from them. Ebay is pretty tough about that. Fraudulent sellers get discovered pretty fast and that's always why I read the reviews.

But when they say "sealed and new in box" I tend to believe it because every year or so they seem to discover a warehouse full of new old stock items and China is where they will be because of the massive populations, they stock up.

For that price, if I was looking, I think it would be worth it.

And white 9900's!!! WHITE!!!! How often do we ever see a white one even when these were brand new. I saw a white one 2 months before I bought mine at my electronics store and it was beat up beyond belief and they still wanted $135 at that time for it.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    The recent waves of BlackBerries coming out of China, just around January, had been carrier phones from South America. They were 8520, 9300, and 9360 from Comcel or Claro. It is very hard to find one from a Chinese carrier actually.
    I would say that buying an working 9900 and a new set of full casing for it could be a less cost option for similar quality
    But I must admit that I would be drooling over a brand new set of white 9900, not to say in sealed box. I am still looking for one for my collection.

03-07-17 09:06 AM
    I had to have a look at that on youtube, they unveiled the phone in a Black and White colour scheme but in the final launch it was only Black and running android. In the launch video you can clearly see the screen has BB10 on it, but at that launch the Leap seems to have out shadowed the "Slider" as it was called at the time. They could have launched the Priv with Android and BB10 sold through their shopblackberry website which would have been cool. I do however think the build of the Priv is quite amazing, the Priv i have was manufactured in April 2016 so i think any of the flaws that people talk about maybe have been sorted out with this device because the keyboard is clicky and gives great feedback. The keyboard on the Torch and Torch 2 was never the same as the Bold keyboards even though it had the same size as the 97xx devices, in today's climate of having the thinnest devices if BlackBerry had made the Priv a little thicker to make the keyboard more clicky then it would have been even worse received as being a "brick" device.

My problem with Priv, and Torch before it, is that they are "glass-centric" configurations that prioritize screenestate over keyboard function. Maybe BB hoped Priv's glass prioritization might interest Android market (did it?) but keyboard prioritization is a BIG part of why we're still using 9900s! Hiding the keyboard behind the screen represents a guttural insult to BB PKB lovers, like myself. Imo.

How large of screen is needed to type a 140 character message??? What good are BB's PKB shortcuts & speed dials when the KB is hiding timidly behind a screen???

A preferred configuration, imo, would preserve PKB priortization by sliding the keyboard in FRONT of the lower part of the screen, when stowed. The 4:3 portion of screen remaining visible would provide plenty of screenestate for phone calls, sms, etc. And provide comfortably compact hand fit while typing. Sliding the KB to extended position, then, would expose the "big screen" for occasional movie watching, etc.

Just the 02 of a 9900 PKB enthusiast. Lol.

No calls from Chen seeking MY advice, lately... Lol.
    03-07-17 09:12 AM
    My problem with Priv, and Torch before it, is that they are "glass-centric" configurations that prioritize screenestate over keyboard function. Maybe BB hoped Priv's glass prioritization might interest Android market (did it?) but keyboard prioritization is a BIG part of why we're still using 9900s! Hiding the keyboard behind the screen represents a guttural insult to BB PKB lovers, like myself. Imo.

How large of screen is needed to type a 140 character message??? What good are BB's PKB shortcuts & speed dials when the KB is hiding timidly behind a screen???

A preferred configuration, imo, would preserve PKB priortization by sliding the keyboard in FRONT of the lower part of the screen, when stowed. The 4:3 portion of screen remaining visible would provide plenty of screenestate for phone calls, sms, etc. And provide comfortably compact hand fit while typing. Sliding the KB to extended position, then, would expose the "big screen" for occasional movie watching, etc.

Just the 02 of a 9900 PKB enthusiast. Lol.

No calls from Chen seeking MY advice, lately... Lol.
    Well now they have the Keyone which has the keyboard visible for all to see. A lot of blackberry Torch users would sometimes comment they wanted a BB10 Slider which was going to happen but they changed it to Android which i actually think was a good decision purely based on my needs. If the slider was BB10 i would have been stuck using an iphone that was making my very angry everyday, i need whatsapp as a communicating tool, when the service is stopped in June i won't be able to use it on blackberry. With the Priv being android i'm using it 100% like the iPhone in terms of whatsapp, camera, music/media and social media apps that i can't get on the 9900, i have been typing and communicating better on it than with the iPhone which has been a very good thing.

idssteve likes this.
    03-07-17 09:18 AM
    Thanks.

I've grown so accustomed to us BBOS "holdouts" being blamed for BB10's failure that I didn't even notice the tactical repeat... lol.

I'll likely get a Key1 (or Hg... Lol) as a hedge against an awful glass only eventuality. BUT, i will continue using what contributes best to my life's pursuits. So far, that means 9900s, until I find something that's truly better, or forced to settle for least awful. If BB's Android venture fails, it will be either because they failed to interest enough Android & iOS users OR because they failed to interest enough legacy BB users.

If BB intended to somehow interest iDroid market by abandoning features cherished by legacy users, we see how that's worked out. If BB intended to somehow interest LOYAL legacy market by abandoning features cherished by legacy users, we see how that's worked out, as well.

By definition, we legacy users never abandoned BB. BB abandoned LOYAL legacy! BB seems convinced they MUST leave SOMEthing out from each new model. How many times have loyal legacy begged BB, thru words AND purchases, to repeat their formula that made 9900 BB's most successful flagship??!!! ???

I'm hopeful for K1's success and will "do my part" by purchasing one. BUT, fit K1 guts & camera into a compact, swappable battery, toolbelt 9900 chassis and LOYAL legacy WILL express interest... Thru words AND purchases. Imo. Fwiw.
    03-07-17 09:25 AM
    I do however think the build of the Priv is quite amazing, the Priv i have was manufactured in April 2016 so i think any of the flaws that people talk about maybe have been sorted out with this device because the keyboard is clicky and gives great feedback.

One of the guys on BerryFlow Upstream talked about how the Priv was a real hit and miss affair -- he had bought several for family members -- some were good, some were awful. I'm not sure if they sorted out problems, or used different suppliers for parts, and it was just the luck of the draw. Either is possible.

BTW, Lenovo has used three different keyboard suppliers for the same laptop model before. The components are visually different if you remove them, and people claim they feel very different. So if it was a supplier issue, it's not just BlackBerry that does it.
    03-07-17 09:49 AM
    Returning to our former discussion on the BeWeather (free) app...
    Previously very reliable, just recently I've observed an increasing reluctance for BeWeather to update, it keeps returning an 'HTTP response code: 301' error when forcing a refresh.
    Have any other BeWeather users seen this, is it something peculiar to my 9900, or perhaps its a location based (UK) problem?
    I haven't seen that error, 'Shroom.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    03-07-17 11:20 AM
8,754 ... 194195196197198 ...