Anyone actually play with or use Wikitude? It's kinda cool. When I tried it some months ago it showed someone's birthday party booking at a nearby Hotel If anyone wanted to crash a party......well I'm sure it was used for this in the past.

I remember putting the app on the ipad and it was pretty lame, just a barren app with nothing special and a complete waste of screen real estate. It is/was much more fun on the 99.

Kinda reminds me of the 4Square app I believe it was called. Where you would check into different places you visit and then you could see reviews say.....for a cafe or restaurant you are in, and then write your own review or check out other people who left a write up. I think 4Square was renamed "Swarm" or something like that.

Miss those days

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-03-17 12:19 AM
    Ok but we just won't tell your wife we said that

Haha... Like our 99's, She's a wonderfully compact power of nature, herself! Easily carried single handed (especially on the dance floor ) but NEVER underestimate her formidable capabilities!

She was directing from her traditional station of authority on my right arm while I typed that statement in left hand... AFTER we'd signed off with the grandkids for the night... Messaging grandkids "as directed" by wife on right arm being a cherished nightly routine...

Try laying on back and typing with handset positioned overhead so wife laying on right arm can see... NOthing bests our compact 99s for that use case... Lol.

Last edited by idssteve; 03-03-17 at 06:33 AM.
    03-03-17 06:18 AM
    Haha... Like our 99's, She's a wonderfully compact power of nature, herself! Easily carried single handed (especially on the dance floor ) but NEVER underestimate her formidable capabilities!

She was directing from her traditional station of authority on my right arm while I typed that statement in left hand... AFTER we'd signed off with the grandkids for the night... Messaging grandkids "as directed" by wife on right arm being a cherished nightly routine...

Try laying on back and typing with handset positioned overhead so wife laying on right arm can see... NOthing bests our compact 99s for that use case... Lol.

Man, I can never use my left hand for my devices, I'm just not ambidextrous enough. I can't even scroll on the TP with my left hand. I guess it explains the cramps and 9900 "dents" in my fingers from holding the devices in my right.
    03-03-17 11:02 AM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1488560778.744084.jpg see what I mean, all the weight of my devices rests on my pinky.
    03-03-17 11:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1488560778.744084.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	418552 see what I mean, all the weight of my devices rests on my pinky.
    Yep, same here. Pinched between first finger at top & pinky at bottom is pretty secure in all positions. Left or right hand, no matter.

Left hand is old college habit... Homework, etc over meals just became habitual. Old HP65 calculator claimed left hand while right hand operated pencil... Or fork... Lol. THEN came the famous HP41 and left hand has been smitten ever since... Lol.
    03-03-17 11:29 AM
    Yep, same here. Pinched between first finger at top & pinky at bottom is pretty secure in all positions. Left or right hand, no matter.

Left hand is old college habit... Homework, etc over meals just became habitual. Old HP65 calculator claimed left hand while right hand operated pencil... Or fork... Lol. THEN came the famous HP41 and left hand has been smitten ever since... Lol.
    I do however find myself getting a little more carpel crampy with the 9900 than I do the smallish iphone 5C. The 5C is much narrower than the 99 and I think that could be the reason BUT I also think the 99 could be the culprit because I simply do not want to put it down, I mean......why would anyone want to.
    I have absolutely NO coordination when trying to use my left hand to use the 9900. Yet I am able to write my name perfectly using my left hand and even in backwards if you can believe it. But alas....

03-04-17 04:01 AM
    Hmm... Can't say I've used an iPhone enough to compare. I do feel that 9900 is at the width and height limit. Even a mm wider is a mm too far for comfort for my hand, imo. Which remains my major complaint of Classic. In fact, I recall questioning if 9900 wasn't too wide that first day, 5+ years ago... The 9650 keyboard I'd transitioned from is slightly narrower and "softer" and possibly even faster than our 99s for thumb NAIL typing. Maybe. At least a few in my office felt so, for awhile. All in my office, tho, unanimously agree that 9900 is most precise. Producing fewest typos at maximum type rate. Period.

We work with SO many thousands of unique, one off terminal nomenclature, for example, where a single character error can be a VERY expensive error. Even safety implications. We only count error free type rates. 99% is not a passing grade, in our industry. Lol.

My crew routinely earns the right to complain of fatigue by day's end but 9900 is THE handset we tend to grab AFTER our hands get fatigued using other devices. In fact, I found the back of my thumb getting shaky with fatigue after a hard day of lifting thumb from touching Z10's screen, a few years ago. Most in my office rest thumb on keyboard and "drag" thumb nail across the kb to the next character to press. Thumb muscles are naturally stronger squeezing inward than lifting outward, imo. Ime. Fwiw.
    03-04-17 05:16 AM
    Yeah, that reminds me of how often I had to go back to correct a spelling error on the Z10. I had to make sure the thumbs were lifted well off the display to ensure not accidentally entering a letter. On top everything was being distracted.
    03-04-17 06:02 AM
    Haha... My Z met its premature demise, after just nine months in service, from a HOT "coffee bath" (with creamer & sugar) by crushing a foam cup while answering THE phone call of the year, 2013!! Getting no satisfactory response from attempts to answer the call with my calloused left thumb, I hurriedly involved the other hand that was also holding the infamous foam cup of HOT coffee!!

Dealing with the HOT coffee dripping from the Z and fingers, running down my front and the floor all while presenting a "no problem at this end" front while conversing with the client was obviously quite humorous to observe! I've since been the brunt of breakroom humor everytime we need a laugh... The crew even presented me with custom etched & edm engraved, 18-8 STEEL vacuum insulated, coffee mug... My "Crush This!!!" Mug. Lol.

Lesson learned?

1). Neck ties really do keep spills from entering shirts! Lol.

2). If I can't reliably operate a communications HAND-set with a HAND, get one that i can... A 99!! Lol.

SOME of these newer monster sizes slabs should be referred to as handS-sets! Imo.
    03-04-17 09:02 AM
    Haha... My Z met its premature demise, after just nine months in service, from a HOT "coffee bath" (with creamer & sugar) by crushing a foam cup while answering THE phone call of the year, 2013!! Getting no satisfactory response from attempts to answer the call with my calloused left thumb, I hurriedly involved the other hand that was also holding the infamous foam cup of HOT coffee!!

Dealing with the HOT coffee dripping from the Z and fingers, running down my front and the floor all while presenting a "no problem at this end" front while conversing with the client was obviously quite humorous to observe! I've since been the brunt of breakroom humor everytime we need a laugh... The crew even presented me with custom etched & edm engraved, 18-8 STEEL vacuum insulated, coffee mug... My "Crush This!!!" Mug. Lol.

Lesson learned?

1). Neck ties really do keep spills from entering shirts! Lol.

2). If I can't reliably operate a communications HAND-set with a HAND, get one that i can... A 99!! Lol.

SOME of these newer monster sizes slabs should be referred to as handS-sets! Imo.
    If only someone had the presence of mind to record the fateful moment on video!

The Z at least survived the duration of the call like a trooper, right?

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    03-04-17 09:29 AM
    If only someone had the presence of mind to record the fateful moment on video!

The Z at least survived the duration of the call like a trooper, right?

Yep, to its credit, the Z completed the mission with its final breath. Its mummified remains occupied a position of honor in the breakroom for a couple years. It now shares a drawer space with Q. Z was probably salvageable but I'd had enough of glass by that point.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    03-04-17 10:30 AM
    Yeah, that reminds me of how often I had to go back to correct a spelling error on the Z10. I had to make sure the thumbs were lifted well off the display to ensure not accidentally entering a letter. On top everything was being distracted.
    Not to mention autocorrect working against me about 60% of the time and saving me about 40% of the time.
    03-04-17 10:59 AM
    Not to mention autocorrect working against me about 60% of the time and saving me about 40% of the time.
    Fighting with "Auto-anything" gets really old when dealing with unique nomenclature or acronyms. Ok for something like forum posts or love letters to very forgiving girl friends (depending... Lol) but certainly not suitable for SOME things. Imo.

Just wondering, has autocorrect been used as a legal defense anywhere yet??
    03-04-17 12:02 PM
    I have auto-correct and auto-complete disabled on all my phones.

03-04-17 04:47 PM
    I have it completely disabled on my BlackBerry but on my iPhone it's a blessing and a curse, with the iPhone I would be there all day making corrections if I didn't have it on.
    03-04-17 04:51 PM
    I have it completely disabled on my BlackBerry but on my iPhone it's a blessing and a curse, with the iPhone I would be there all day making corrections if I didn't have it on.
    Comparing the on screen keyboard of the Priv and iPhone i can tell you that the iPhone has such a small and cramped keyboard, i don't know why it's so small and short. I've been using the Priv for nearly 2 weeks and i used the on screen keyboard a few times, it's much more accurate than the iPhone for me, if i hadn't used auto-correct on the iPhone not one word would be correct haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-04-17 05:14 PM
    Comparing the on screen keyboard of the Priv and iPhone i can tell you that the iPhone has such a small and cramped keyboard, i don't know why it's so small and short. I've been using the Priv for nearly 2 weeks and i used the on screen keyboard a few times, it's much more accurate than the iPhone for me, if i hadn't used auto-correct on the iPhone not one word would be correct haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    The iphone KB is definitely not for lazy people, or spoiled people like us I say "lazy" because on the tiny iphone KB one really has to CONCENTRATE on what they are doing, it's like work, and that kind of work isn't fun or enjoyable, each keystroke is a piece of concentrated dilema that demands discipline and extreme patience.

But the PKB is well........fun and rewarding to use. It is so gratifying to use that I think we tend to type more......I mean look at how many posts this thread has to prove it When people enjoy doing something they tend to do it more and that equates to satisfaction.

I come to Crackberry on the 9900 just to be able to use this PKB! If I don't hear that crackling sound and feeling of breaking icicles under my fingers at least a couple times a day then.......well I don't know what

idssteve likes this.
    03-05-17 02:09 AM
    Thank you Facebook memories, pic from one year ago today......ah the old black Keyboard 5 months before replacement.

Edit: I think this was also just before Whatsapp announced officially they were going to kill the app after December 31 2016. "The good old days"

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1488749074.991282.jpg
    03-05-17 03:24 PM
    Returning to our former discussion on the BeWeather (free) app...
    Previously very reliable, just recently I've observed an increasing reluctance for BeWeather to update, it keeps returning an 'HTTP response code: 301' error when forcing a refresh.
    Have any other BeWeather users seen this, is it something peculiar to my 9900, or perhaps its a location based (UK) problem?
    03-06-17 02:40 AM
    New White sealed 9900's shipping from China on EBay.....

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=cS03P7WJ
    03-06-17 03:04 AM
    New White sealed 9900's shipping from China on EBay.....
    Hmm ... not sure that I'd be prepared to risk that one. Personally, in an attempt to ensure a 'genuine article' is received, I'd prefer to buy a used and/or almost new 9900 from a more local Ebay seller.
    03-06-17 06:12 AM
    double post – deleted

I can't get on with this new CB forum structure
    03-06-17 06:12 AM
    I tried the below options for whatsapp not supported error

1. Downloaded whatsapp from bbworld
    2. Downloaded OTA and installed
    3. Tried to download beta OTA bt it didn't work

Nothing worked

Pls let me know if u find any workaround
    03-06-17 07:53 AM
    I tried the below options for whatsapp not supported error

1. Downloaded whatsapp from bbworld
    2. Downloaded OTA and installed
    3. Tried to download beta OTA bt it didn't work

Nothing worked

Pls let me know if u find any workaround
    As far as I know, the beta is the only version that works, and that has been the case for some time.

When you say that you tried to download the beta but it didn't work, do you mean that you could not download it, or that you did download and install it, but that the beta app did not work once installed?

If the latter, did you uninstall Whatsapp before installing the beta?

If I was having this problem, I would uninstall, search for any configuration files and delete them using the file browser (I don't know where they are -- you'd have to look), and then try installing the beta.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-17 08:39 AM
    Hmm ... not sure that I'd be prepared to risk that one. Personally, in an attempt to ensure a 'genuine article' is received, I'd prefer to buy a used and/or almost new 9900 from a more local Ebay seller.
    I also stay clear of the shipped from China/Hongkong Blackberry. But mind you they find their way to US and Canada and are listed on local eBay and Amazon there.
    Or a guy would list the phone location as being somewhere in the US or Canada and when there is an order, the phone would be shipped from China or Hongkong. Sometimes I can tell by the name. Sometimes I have to go to see the guy's other items for sale to make a guess from there. Another trick I often do on eBay is to go to Shipping and change location to a place near China, which often is Malaysia or the Philippines. Then the shipping details may say phone will be shipped from China or Hongkong by economy post. But of course this trick only works when the phone is listed with international shipping.

Posted from my  Passport
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-06-17 09:05 AM
8,754 ... 193194195196197 ...