I would personally enjoy trying out the nokia 3310, but I use at&t, which will not recognize it on network. Same problem with my 9930, too. No 2g connectivity at all. Ever again.

That's a loss of over 1/3 the USA carrier users right there. Pity, because I am exactly the target consumer for this sort of nostalgia device.

The 3310 should do very well in Europe or Asia or growing markets. In a mature market, it's probably a lost cause.
    02-28-17 01:32 AM
    The 3310 should do very well in Europe or Asia or growing markets. In a mature market, it's probably a lost cause.
    You would be very very suprised how our network in Europe looks like. I leave in Poland and based on crackberry forum I see that in case of LTE(4G), H+, 2G we have very well developed wireless technology. I can say in some way, better than USA or Canada. No offence. PS. Our carriers don't have to turn down the 2G signal. :P
    02-28-17 05:02 AM
    Question for all...I activated my AT&T 9900 and loving it so far...brings back a ton of memories...and what a powerhouse communication device.

Anyway, my question is about a Microsoft Outlook mail account. My @live and @Gmail accounts receive email as fast as my Classic, but the @outlook email arrives close to 15 minutes after it hits my Classic. It seems like polling instead of push. I have looked but cannot find any setting that would allow me to change it to push, but I should not have to do so.

Am I missing something or is that just the way an @outlook account works on the 9900?

Thanks for any insight!

UPDATE - Looks like I found my answer...

The BlackBerry smartphone might receive email messages up to 15 minutes after the messages arrive on the source mailbox. This is by design. The BlackBerry Infrastructure checks for new email messages every 15 minutes. If a new email message is received, it is sent to the BlackBerry and the BlackBerry Infrastructure will check for new email again in 3 minutes. If no email is found, the BlackBerry Infrastructure will wait 15 minutes to check again.

Note: This delay does not affect all mail protocols. AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo! Mail allow real-time delivery of email messages to BlackBerry Internet Services.
    Last edited by Frehley; 02-28-17 at 05:16 PM.
    02-28-17 04:37 PM
    My Gmail and Hotmail is very fast in fact it comes in on my 9900 faster then on the iPhone or iPad. I can't speak for outlook with Microsoft but outlook on my Apple products is my Hotmail or live.ca email.

So I'm not sure what you mean by Outlook email by Microsoft?
    02-28-17 05:16 PM
    UFC fighter hottie Gina Carano turned actress using a 9900 in "In The Blood" in this 2013 movie. Yes I still love DVDs, and her but this surprise appearance by the 9900 was a pleasant surprise 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1488323811.941016.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1488323829.207712.jpg
    02-28-17 05:17 PM
    My Gmail and Hotmail is very fast in fact it comes in on my 9900 faster then on the iPhone or iPad. I can't speak for outlook with Microsoft but outlook on my Apple products is my Hotmail or live.ca email.

So I'm not sure what you mean by Outlook email by Microsoft?
    I just updated my post. My Hotmail (@live) and Gmail are received very fast. I also have an @outlook (another Microsoft account...akin to @live or @hotmail...which are both Microsoft) and those messages are delayed 15 minutes. According the answer I found on the BlackBerry help site, it seems that the @outlook are polled instead of pushed...don't know why it would act differently than the @live account.
    02-28-17 05:20 PM
    UFC fighter hottie Gina Carano turned actress using a 9900 in "In The Blood" in this 2013 movie. Yes I still love DVDs, and her but this surprise appearance by the 9900 was a pleasant surprise Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1488323811.941016.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	284.0 KB 
ID:	418372Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1488323829.207712.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	445.3 KB 
ID:	418373
    The movie was probably shot in 2012 when the 9900 was still a new device, even in 2013 it was a "new" device because many people had the phone with a 18-24 month contract as i did. It's a great device and i'm still using it even though i have a BlackBerry Priv too. Email is best read with a trackpad haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-28-17 05:23 PM
    The movie was probably shot in 2012 when the 9900 was still a new device, even in 2013 it was a "new" device because many people had the phone with a 18-24 month contract as i did. It's a great device and i'm still using it even though i have a BlackBerry Priv too. Email is best read with a trackpad haha.

Could be but the movie is listed as released in 2014. So I'm assuming they finish production maybe at the end of 2013 and it was released in like January or February 2014.

Then 15 minutes later in the movie there is a PKB Alcatel she is holding and it looks almost identical to my 9900 with my white keyboard and black screen. I had to do a double take because I knew this was no 99 and it has nice rounded edges, but close to my storm trooper 9900

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1488324682.499962.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1488324700.198825.jpg
    02-28-17 05:32 PM
    I just updated my post. My Hotmail (@live) and Gmail are received very fast. I also have an @outlook (another Microsoft account...akin to @live or @hotmail...which are both Microsoft) and those messages are delayed 15 minutes. According the answer I found on the BlackBerry help site, it seems that the @outlook are polled instead of pushed...don't know why it would act differently than the @live account.
    Just use the Gmail for important quick response results ;-)
    02-28-17 05:32 PM
    Just use the Gmail for important quick response results ;-)
    I can't figure out why an @live account would update immediately while an @outlook would not...both Microsoft "hotmail" related.

Oh well, I still am enjoying the 9900 for everything else!
    02-28-17 06:22 PM
    Yes I still love DVDs[/ATTACH][ATTAC
    My super-retro guilty pleasure is a Panasonic Shock Wave portable CD player. I think it's from 1996. Sounds great in any case, and there's something about listening to CDs. You're pretty much going to listen to the whole CD. Sometimes not having to make a decision about the next song is a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 09:28 PM
    I can't figure out why an @live account would update immediately while an @outlook would not...both Microsoft "hotmail" related.

You know there are times on my iPhone that I have to wait longer than 15 minutes for an email I think it could depend on many factors and may not necessarily be the device itself.
    02-28-17 09:33 PM
    My super-retro guilty pleasure is a Panasonic Shock Wave portable CD player. I think it's from 1996. Sounds great in any case, and there's something about listening to CDs. You're pretty much going to listen to the whole CD. Sometimes not having to make a decision about the next song is a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha I still got a Walkman from 1982 I think Sanyo with an equalizer built-in, three band yes were talking about cassette tapes which are apparently making a comeback but mostly thanks to hipsters. AM/FM radio also built-in.

Yeah I have a lot of CDs and I was buying them up until just recently because my car is a 2005 and there is no Bluetooth or MP3 compatible or anything like that not even a jack to plug in an iPod or whatever so I was limited to buying CDs. But now I'm into the Spotify through the Bluetooth visor blackberry model VM605 which converts a radio signal via Bluetooth somehow to all six of my car speakers.
    02-28-17 09:35 PM
    Ha ha I still got a Walkman from 1982 I think Sanyo with an equalizer built-in, three band yes were talking about cassette tapes which are apparently making a comeback but mostly thanks to hipsters. AM/FM radio also built-in.

Yeah I have a lot of CDs and I was buying them up until just recently because my car is a 2005 and there is no Bluetooth or MP3 compatible or anything like that not even a jack to plug in an iPod or whatever so I was limited to buying CDs. But now I'm into the Spotify through the Bluetooth visor blackberry model VM605 which converts a radio signal via Bluetooth somehow to all six of my car speakers.
    Cassettes are great, i have always had a cassette and record player, so i'm glad both mediums are making a comeback, cassettes give you the good analog sound that is portable, i used to favor the cassette walkman because the CD walkman would skip and jolt if you moved while the CD was playing, whereas the cassette walkman didn't.

anon(9721108) likes this.
    03-01-17 03:39 AM

I have the same. Outlook.com @ comes in max 15min - sometimes earlier, but never as a true PUSH. Only GMail works like that. But frankly speaking, I don't care. I have a time.

In the past (half year ago, my Yahoo account also works like gmail, but now the mess something and 15min delay is normal.
    03-01-17 04:19 AM
    I have the same. Outlook.com @ comes in max 15min - sometimes earlier, but never as a true PUSH. Only GMail works like that. But frankly speaking, I don't care. I have a time.

In the past (half year ago, my Yahoo account also works like gmail, but now the mess something and 15min delay is normal.
    Thanks! I'm glad that someone else is experiencing the same @outlook email delivery issue. I have time also, but I still cannot understand the delay in @outlook email delivery.
    03-01-17 07:47 PM
    Didn't you say you used Yahoo also? There was some news story today about how they were hacked AGAIN!

Man anyone using Yahoo I would get rid of that YESTERDAY....

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-01-17 08:37 PM
    Didn't you say you used Yahoo also? There was some news story today about how they were hacked AGAIN!

Man anyone using Yahoo I would get rid of that YESTERDAY....

About Yahoo data lost - you can heard about it at least. In case of GMail you don't - just all data from Android users and iPhone users of Google apps are given for free to this company and their co-operates. welcome to the world, where FREE app means - we will sell your data. With user acceptance.

Of course Ralph, it is nothing personal. I want someday travel to Canada, so I don't want to have any "enemies"
    03-02-17 01:27 AM
    About Yahoo data lost - you can heard about it at least. In case of GMail you don't - just all data from Android users and iPhone users of Google apps are given for free to this company and their co-operates. welcome to the world, where FREE app means - we will sell your data. With user acceptance.

Of course Ralph, it is nothing personal. I want someday travel to Canada, so I don't want to have any "enemies"
    No enemies here. But I think it's got bad enough at yahoo where they posted this today…

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.FPTFG

32 million more yahoo accounts hacked today.

Basically if anyone has Yahoo I would recommend shutting it down, Gmail probably has a budget for better security from the looks of things.
    03-02-17 03:04 AM
    WHAT? Yahoo! got it again?
    I wonder if Verizon has already finalize the deal or not. If not, someone is doing Verizon a big favor.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-02-17 05:39 AM
    WHAT? Yahoo! got it again?
    I wonder if Verizon has already finalize the deal or not. If not, someone is doing Verizon a big favor.

Posted from my  Passport
    I heard that, the price for Yahoo goes down due this fact.
    03-02-17 07:00 AM
    No enemies here. But I think it's got bad enough at yahoo where they posted this today…

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.FPTFG

32 million more yahoo accounts hacked today.

Basically if anyone has Yahoo I would recommend shutting it down, Gmail probably has a budget for better security from the looks of things.
    I killed my Yahoo! account last year after they started admitting to the data breaches. It's their own fault. The security was really lax. They didn't have https to connect to webmail until the end of 2012, and even then it was an option that you, as a user, had to enable. If you didn't, your passwords and mail were transmitted unencrypted over the internet.

The worst thing is that I knew and kept using it, thinking, it must not be much of an issue if they're not concerned. I liked that the mobile interface worked with any device. Of course it did. Out-dated browsers work well with out-dated sites :P

Sent from mTalk
    03-02-17 10:00 AM
    Checked out my buddies new LG G5 today, aluminum body, twin cameras, and no "Home" button on the glass like an iphone as it was akwardly placed on the back of the device right under the cameras. Then I Googled the specs and it was 5.5 inches!!!!! I couldn't believe it, it just never felt that HUGE, not huge like when you hold the same sized iphone 7 Plus.

Anyway it just made me appreciate the smaller size of the 9900 and my 5C. I just don't know how anyone can ever expect to put a device that huge in their front pocket and still bend over to tie a shoelace or pick something up off of the floor. And I have to wonder how much a hip holster would cost for such a massive device, that's a lot of leather!

The KeyOne ain't no tiny device either...

I guess I like smaller devices.

03-02-17 04:52 PM
    Smaller = better, imo.
    03-02-17 08:08 PM
    Smaller = better, imo.
    Ok but we just won't tell your wife we said that

03-02-17 11:58 PM
8,754 ... 192193194195196 ...