I sent you (at RJ) a screenshot of where it hangs. In my file system, you can see directories for the Spotify playlists, but they don't seem to load...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That pic was the app off the 9900? it looked like from a PC

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    02-21-17 02:08 AM
    While on the subject of music apps, has anybody managed to get Amazon Prime Music to work with their 9900. At one time there was a separate Amazon Music app available for BlackBerry OS7, where you could purchase from the music store and I believe that the default BB music app used to link to an Amazon account but that no longer appears to be the case.
    Any workarounds out there ....?
    02-21-17 04:51 AM
    Ug! Just woke up to a dead Classic. Dutifully plugged in its wall wart last night and didn't realize the wall outlet was powered thru the wall switch in this strange motel... Turned off lights last night & didn't re-check before falling asleep... Grrrr... Gotta present a PowerPoint I've worked on ALL weekend, in about 15 minutes. Stupid me but STUPID embedded battery stuff!!! Arhg!!!

No worries, tho. Just swapped in charged batt into 5+ yr old "battle injured" 9930 and pulled presentation from DropBox. Old Playbook still charged from a couple weeks ago... All's good.

Sorry for the topic shift rant... Listening to John Fahey over truck stereo from 99's SD card while waiting at guard gate... . Still no signs of life from Classic. Once again, the old swappable battery 99 saves the day!
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-21-17 06:17 AM
    That pic was the app off the 9900? it looked like from a PC
    Yessir.

02-21-17 07:13 AM
    Still no signs of life from Classic. Once again, the old swappable battery 99 saves the day!
    Nothing worse than waking up in a strange motel with a "dead Classic." You kinda hate yourself, and... oh. You mean _the phone_. Bold to the rescue!!

02-21-17 07:18 AM
    While on the subject of music apps, has anybody managed to get Amazon Prime Music to work with their 9900. At one time there was a separate Amazon Music app available for BlackBerry OS7, where you could purchase from the music store and I believe that the default BB music app used to link to an Amazon account but that no longer appears to be the case.
    Any workarounds out there ....?
    I'll never forget when I first got the 9900, I wiped the device fully clean a couple times and there were still files from the previous owner for music they had purchased from Amazon. I think they were Certificates in the Keystore or whatever, and I had quite a time figuring out how to remove those files because they were password locked.

Up until that point I didn't even know you could get music from them.

02-21-17 05:07 PM
    Ug! Just woke up to a dead Classic. Dutifully plugged in its wall wart last night and didn't realize the wall outlet was powered thru the wall switch in this strange motel... Turned off lights last night & didn't re-check before falling asleep... Grrrr... Gotta present a PowerPoint I've worked on ALL weekend, in about 15 minutes. Stupid me but STUPID embedded battery stuff!!! Arhg!!!

No worries, tho. Just swapped in charged batt into 5+ yr old "battle injured" 9930 and pulled presentation from DropBox. Old Playbook still charged from a couple weeks ago... All's good.

Sorry for the topic shift rant... Listening to John Fahey over truck stereo from 99's SD card while waiting at guard gate... . Still no signs of life from Classic. Once again, the old swappable battery 99 saves the day!
    Wait....so you drop the 9930 from a height that would turn any iphone into a pile of glass, and it is the Classic that ends up biting the dust????? Something is wrong with this picture

02-21-17 05:11 PM
    Wait....so you drop the 9930 from a height that would turn any iphone into a pile of glass, and it is the Classic that ends up biting the dust????? Something is wrong with this picture

Haha... Failure to get power to this Classic's wall wart was arguably my failure. The motel's configuration obviously permitted the wall switch near the door to operate a table lamp, if desired. The outlet was handy and I just never suspected that turning the lights off for the night would kill power to the Classic's wall wart. Lol.

No such excuses for my other Classic that suffered battery failure a few weeks ago, tho. That one "bit the dust" the day before a presentation, also. Interestingly. Both "catastrophes" were utterly non-issues for my swappable battery 99. Lol.

And, yep, this is the "battle injured" 5+ year old 9930 that took a great fall, a few days ago. Its charging contacts are physically damaged and non-functional. Its usb port is packed with portland dust and fine grit that I haven't yet taken time to clear out. No problem... Powering by swapping batts charged in the truck is an old habit anyway. NO worries about powering wall warts in strange motels or if I forgot and left the wall wart plugged in after checking out, etc, etc,... Lol. Time after time, the old 99 just pulls thru potential catastrophes typically demonstrating the understated confidence of "btdt" professionalism.
    Frehley likes this.
    02-21-17 07:18 PM
    The unbeatable usefulness of swappable battery. Here size doesn't matter.

Posted from my  Passport
    idssteve likes this.
    02-21-17 08:28 PM
    Truer words, etc., etc.; however, Steve's got a mondo 9900 battery, too!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-21-17 10:07 PM

Well, I've been availing myself of a 5000 and several 3000mAh batteries that add thick to the otherwise compact 99 but also add DAYs of useful endurance. Confidence inspiring margin to start a day, or a night, with. I keep one charging in the truck and swap when climbing in, in the morning and again when heading to the motel for the night. 99, powered this way, never needs to be tied to a wire for power.

Once I get my abused 99's charging contacts working, I'll then once again avail myself of very compact oem JM1s. "Size" can be efficiently fitted to need, with our 99s.
    02-21-17 10:16 PM
    Ah yes, I forgot about the big battery.
    I headed to eBay and Amazon the other day after seeing the picture here to check the high capacity battery price. I don't think their price ever go down.
    I've got a couple of standard JM1 instead. They helps a lot as I often go to remote areas where power cut is routinely done and often done out of normal routine.
    And often when out in the country, my Bold pick up signal when the fruity and robot phones fail. It beats the BB10 phones I have in this as well.

BTW, Steve, do you have any problem with the Bold slipping out of your pocket easier when the big battery is used?

02-22-17 04:13 AM
    I've got a couple of standard JM1 instead.
    Just wondering, what are the dates of production on your JM1 batteries?

02-22-17 04:19 PM
    Just wondering, what are the dates of production on your JM1 batteries?

Here are two which are in my backpack with me. I have a couple more at home.
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20170223_124832.jpg
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20170223_125106.jpg
    02-23-17 12:04 AM
    Here are two which are in my backpack with me. I have a couple more at home.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170223_124832.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	510.6 KB 
ID:	417893
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170223_125106.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	491.4 KB 
ID:	417894
    Hmm those look like 2011 and 2012's. So they are holding a charge pretty good? I can get about 6-10 hours of heavy use from mine dated 2014/15, a little fresher but then again my 5 year old 9780 original battery was the one that lasted 5 years and all the newer ones I had bought for it didn't last. Go figure.

02-23-17 02:21 AM

BTW, Steve, do you have any problem with the Bold slipping out of your pocket easier when the big battery is used?

Can't say I've noticed that, per se, but it certainly does add "sag on that side" heft to a pocket T-shirt pocket. Almost as heavy as a Classic, but better fitting since the big batts add thick, but not perimeter, to 9900. I, personally, don't mind thick and find the added grasp security afforded by the extended ledge on the back, actually improves single handed typing rate & precision. Imo.

That said, I typically use holsters. For the magnetic lock feature, if nothing else. Obviously the big batt 99 doesn't fit into a normal 9900 holster so I use a thicker 9650 holster when packing big batt 99. Fwiw.

Big batt 99s fit the desktop charging cradles fine but it doesn't fit SmoothTalker car cradle. SOoo... I still favor JM1 form factor whenever appropriate. Options are nice.
    littlebuff likes this.
    02-23-17 04:10 AM
    NEWS FLASH!! Catastrophic disaster!! Catastrophic calamity!! Battery failure!! What to do next?? Send handset for replacement? Did I back up contacts? How to retrieve sms?? How to securely wipe a dead handset before sending it to strangers for repair??? Do I attempt home repair???? Oh my, why me? Why now??

Hahahaha... Lolololol.... Oh yeah, its a 9900... Took almost 3 minutes (including reboot) to replace dead JM1 a coworker had brought from the office... Lol.

What is it with batteries this month?? Wife thinks there's something in the stars...?? Lol.

False alarm. Lol. Battery failure in 9900 is a NON issue. .
    02-23-17 04:29 AM
    NEWS FLASH!! Catastrophic disaster!! Catastrophic calamity!! Battery failure!! What to do next?? Send handset for replacement? Did I back up contacts? How to retrieve sms?? How to securely wipe a dead handset before sending it to strangers for repair??? Do I attempt home repair???? Oh my, why me? Why now??
    For future help Steve. Do you use BlackBerry Protect feature on your Bold 9900? You can set up a daily back up which is automatic. You can backup:
    -sms
    -contacts
    -tasks
    -memos
    -calendar
    -browser bookmarks
    -wi-fi profiles
    -password keeper database
    And everything is assigned to your BlackBerry ID. So if you log in via your BlackBerry ID to other legacy device, you get all this data which I mention!
    idssteve and anon(8063781) like this.
    02-23-17 05:51 AM
    For future help Steve. Do you use BlackBerry Protect feature on your Bold 9900? You can set up a daily back up which is automatic. You can backup:
    -sms
    -contacts
    -tasks
    -memos
    -calendar
    -browser bookmarks
    -wi-fi profiles
    -password keeper database
    And everything is assigned to your BlackBerry ID. So if you log in via your BlackBerry ID to other legacy device, you get all this data which I mention!
    Yep, good advice. Do it all the time... Those questions can still run thru a frantic mind when confronted with "battery catastrophe"... As with my Classic, a few weeks ago. Lol. Previous post was a lame attempt at "comic relief" when confronted with a dead battery non-issue on 9900, this morning. Lol.

BUT, your advice is excellent! BB protect is excellent.
    02-23-17 06:03 AM
    Yesterday , my son had a Dr's appointment at 4.
    Picked up both daughter ( 8 ) and son ( 12 ) at 3 from school and off we went.

Of course within 15 seconds of sitting in the waiting room , they were bored !
    So , gave Bold to my daughter , Classic to son.
    She got busy with Brain Cube while he played Solitaire.
    ( only have about 2-3 games per device )

By the time I got the devices back , they were about to burst into flames from heat and nearly drained from use.

While stuck in traffic , the Bold died !
    Usually always have spares but not yesterday !
    Then I remembered - had tucked one in wallet a few months ago.
    Felt pretty good fumbling through wallet and popping into phone !
    And ta da - nothing !
    Did the damn thing discharge while in my wallet ?

Put it on the charger as soon we got home. Still nothing - completely dead and will not charge ! So I now have 2 / 5 dead batteries.
    First lasted 2 years , the second 1 year.

Oh well , time to head to eBay !

( Hey guys , sorry for the long winded story ! )
    02-23-17 07:36 AM
    Hmm those look like 2011 and 2012's. So they are holding a charge pretty good? I can get about 6-10 hours of heavy use from mine dated 2014/15, a little fresher but then again my 5 year old 9780 original battery was the one that lasted 5 years and all the newer ones I had bought for it didn't last. Go figure.

Pretty good for me. When at home base they will last the day, but that would mean call and about more than 1 hr of reading on the bus. When out in the country, I got about 6-8hr out of each depending on how remote is the place. Where there is no 3G, I would put it to 2G only for network setting before getting off the truck and that last pretty long.

anon(9721108) likes this.
    02-23-17 07:54 AM
    Can't say I've noticed that, per se, but it certainly does add "sag on that side" heft to a pocket T-shirt pocket. Almost as heavy as a Classic, but better fitting since the big batts add thick, but not perimeter, to 9900. I, personally, don't mind thick and find the added grasp security afforded by the extended ledge on the back, actually improves single handed typing rate & precision. Imo.
    I would imagine having that humpback will keep it better in pants' pocket, but breast pocket would be another story. When I do field work, I got quite worry of the phone sliding out my pocket as I have to crouch and bend and climb over waist high fence and partition. My old Bold 9000 and 9780 took quite some beating and this white 9900 suffers as well.
    02-23-17 12:30 PM
    Hey thanks for the links !
    Already have 2 of your last options.

When I put the battery on in doesn't show anything on the readout ( it should show the level of power remaining )
    When plugged into wall it doesn't do anything.
    ( I kept it in all night to make sure )

Also in device there is no red led or anything else happening.

Btw , battery was 2011.
    Had it for a year.
    02-23-17 02:09 PM
    Yesterday , my son had a Dr's appointment at 4.
    Picked up both daughter ( 8 ) and son ( 12 ) at 3 from school and off we went.

Of course within 15 seconds of sitting in the waiting room , they were bored !
    So , gave Bold to my daughter , Classic to son.
    She got busy with Brain Cube while he played Solitaire.
    ( only have about 2-3 games per device )

By the time I got the devices back , they were about to burst into flames from heat and nearly drained from use.

While stuck in traffic , the Bold died !
    Usually always have spares but not yesterday !
    Then I remembered - had tucked one in wallet a few months ago.
    Felt pretty good fumbling through wallet and popping into phone !
    And ta da - nothing !
    Did the damn thing discharge while in my wallet ?

Put it on the charger as soon we got home. Still nothing - completely dead and will not charge ! So I now have 2 / 5 dead batteries.
    First lasted 2 years , the second 1 year.

Oh well , time to head to eBay !

( Hey guys , sorry for the long winded story ! )
    Yeah I would definitely try reviving that battery with a wall charger. Sometimes the USB just doesn't cut it.

Don't throw it out yet
    02-23-17 02:40 PM
8,754 ... 189190191192193 ...