Just read about this issue on BBM today but probably not related to what you guys have

BBM working on remedy for spam invites
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.FHO5G
    02-11-17 11:56 PM
    What's your pin, I'll send an invite DM me if you want
    I'm in now. BBM seems to have sorted itself out after the reinstall
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 02-12-17 at 08:08 AM.
    02-12-17 03:27 AM
    Oh and mushroom let's have a look at that new device take a close-up of the front of it
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20170212_093034-2.jpg Here's a quick one, not the best photo but you can see how squeaky clean that keyboard is
    if you listen carefully you'll be able to hear me clicking away at that new keyboard
    02-12-17 03:34 AM
    Ah yes I see what you mean.....and it does work perfectly!
    Yep! We totally owe Michniks.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-12-17 05:51 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170212_093034~2.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	417321 Here's a quick one, not the best photo but you can see how squeaky clean that keyboard is
    if you listen carefully you'll be able to hear me clicking away at that new keyboard
    No wear on the Keyboard, no scratches or chips on the metal bezel either! Nice. I still love my new white Keyboard, just as "clicky" and crisp as when I put it on about August or September.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-12-17 04:00 PM
    I have 5 bb9900's. One active and the others as backup. lol. Two of them are ATT (bands 1,2,5,6) and three are TMO (bands 1,4,8). I am on TMO ..The ATT versions work better due to TMO's restructuring of the different bands they use.
    I just recieved a couple of white frames/keyboards from ebay and will install one. I also recieved from ebay, a blackberry 9000! Wow. It is fatter than the 9900 and somehow feels more polished. Of course the 9900 blows it away in all other ways. But, there is something nice and professional looking about the BB 9000. Now back to my herd of 9900's lol.
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 02-13-17 at 12:18 PM.
    02-13-17 12:03 PM
    Does anyone use the native Facebook app? There seems to be an issue with the Chat section when you Go Online, i'm getting the notifications of the messages being sent, and i'm able to send the messages however the person i send them to doesn't actually get the messages, does anyone know what could be the problem? it's been like this for about 2 days now and it just started out of nowhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-13-17 04:59 PM
    I have 5 bb9900's. One active and the others as backup. lol. Two of them are ATT (bands 1,2,5,6) and three are TMO (bands 1,4,8). I am on TMO ..The ATT versions work better due to TMO's restructuring of the different bands they use.
    I just recieved a couple of white frames/keyboards from ebay and will install one. I also recieved from ebay, a blackberry 9000! Wow. It is fatter than the 9900 and somehow feels more polished. Of course the 9900 blows it away in all other ways. But, there is something nice and professional looking about the BB 9000. Now back to my herd of 9900's lol.
    Now THAT'S a LOYALIST Good to hear from ya.

I love the "thinness" of the 9900. It is only slightly "fatter" than my iphone 5C and that is a thin as I like to get with any device. The 9900 doesn't feel like a toy iphone, it is solid with the stainless band and just oozes quality and drips it down your hand and onto the street. Solid!

02-13-17 10:26 PM
    Does anyone use the native Facebook app? There seems to be an issue with the Chat section when you Go Online, i'm getting the notifications of the messages being sent, and i'm able to send the messages however the person i send them to doesn't actually get the messages, does anyone know what could be the problem? it's been like this for about 2 days now and it just started out of nowhere.

I'll test it right NOW and report back. I have about 15 friends ONLINE.

02-13-17 10:27 PM
    Collins, it's weird. FB App ONLINE worked for one friend but I'm not sure for the others. Eventually the others went red "offline." I sent a message to the one that replied when she was "Offline" so it had to be sent as a message, it worked. Then she went ONLINE and it worked, so I am still not 100% sure because of the others.

Then when I looked at FB Messenger on the iphone, NONE of my messages ended up in the other's Inbox.

Inconclusive at this point, because it worked for ONE.

EDIT: she was not able to get any of the other messages that I sent in the last 10 minutes. But I could hear her replies on the BlackBerry with the app open as I respond with my iPhone. So I think you're right Collins there something going on and it's not good.

I'm just glad the browser version works perfectly complete with audible dings and everything.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 02-14-17 at 01:05 AM.
    02-13-17 10:55 PM
    Collins, it's weird. FB App ONLINE worked for one friend but I'm not sure for the others. Eventually the others went red "offline." I sent a message to the one that replied when she was "Offline" so it had to be sent as a message, it worked. Then she went ONLINE and it worked, so I am still not 100% sure because of the others.

Then when I looked at FB Messenger on the iphone, NONE of my messages ended up in the other's Inbox.

Inconclusive at this point, because it worked for ONE.

EDIT: she was not able to get any of the other messages that I sent in the last 10 minutes. But I could hear her replies on the BlackBerry with the app open as I respond with my iPhone. So I think you're right Collins there something going on and it's not good.

I'm just glad the browser version works perfectly complete with audible dings and everything.
    Your app seems to be working better, i am using a newer V4 version maybe thats the reason? when i send messages it doesn't show up in the facebook messenger on iphone so i can't be sure if the person gets it. i bought a Client for Facebook in the appworld a few months ago so i'm using that again to reply to the messages, i really hate typing on the iphone but that wont be a problem in a few days as of yesterday my BlackBerry Priv has been shipped, i saw a size comparison and the 9900 is smaller than the priv keyboard in width.

02-14-17 03:45 AM
    Great post by Calvincton Bailey on the discussion page for What's Your Favorite BlackBerry of ALL TIME? | CrackBerry.com
    Preaching what we all know & feel in this group – but Calvincton Bailey gets my vote as an honorary member of the Still Bold club

Calvincton Bailey

Irrelevant: I just have to puke this up somewhere and now and here feels right. You should have also asked for the OS, Kev. BB10 came with none - repeat: none - of the features that made BBOS so good. BB then tried, after many, many, many customerfans wrote down daily every single feature that was missing in BB10, to implement as many of the missing features as possible. Many of those features are still missing. Above all: BB10 is not - repeat: it really is not! - fast. Every time I pick up my bold, it is so much faster, I instantaneously feel "more productive". Adding a calendar entry - fast. Writing down a note - fast. Switching from one application to another and copypaste something - fast. Picking up a call - fast. Hanging up a call - fast. Scrolling through a message, a text document, the menu, the message inbox - fast. Using a shortcut to open bbm - fast. Using speed dial to call someone - fast (though the speed dial took longer than the shortcuts on BBOS those speed dials were still way faster than the "shortcuts" on BB10 are, which are lamecuts actually). For those who did not get the implicit hint: yes, the keyboard was double-layered. I really dream about somebody rebuilding BBOS and bringing back the Bold 9900 with just some minor adjustments: new camera, new processor and memory, slightly better battery, though it does not have to be larger for my taste, finger print sensor integrated in the trackpad (hate the term "toolbelt"), and some of the most prominent messenger apps available, and I (and I think many, many others) would be happy, but I know it is a dream. You see, I am still struggling to accept how wrong things went at BB with the introduction of BB10. That is why I am doing this therapy session, writing down all my feelings and stuff... I often wonder how people here on CrackBerry can state so often that they are so happy with BB10 and that it is the best system etc., it is not - repeat: it really is not. I have not been here for a while, so forgive me if somebody already posted it elsewhere, but I see not BB vs iOS or Android - I see actually three fractions on CrackBerry:
    1) BBOSers, 2) BB10ers, and 3) Androiders.
    The coolness of the old BlackBerrys very much stemmed from the integration of soft- and hardware. The classic was such a low-performer, because BB10 was not build for the hardware keyboard and trackpad, you can feel and see that every time you use the keyboard, it is not precise and slow, the software-integration is... , well, there is no integration. On the Passport the capacitive keyboard is not precise enough for editing text, it is sooooooooooooo annoying.
    Long story short @allBB10ers: Please stop lying to yourselves and us about BB10! It just is not as good as BBOS. Apart from that, I like the look of the Mercury, it really looks nice, but so did the Classic and so did the Passport, the proof lies in the eating of the berry... Do not like Android, but also do not like iOS, and do not like Windows in current condition and do not like BB10 -> dilemma. Thanks for hearing me out, I think I will get along now... *sniff*.
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 02-14-17 at 10:12 AM.
    02-14-17 07:17 AM
    BB put everything they had learned through many years of hard won evolutionary experience into our 9900s. They intentionally abandoned 99% of that experience while starting BB10 from scratch. Reportedly thanks to a silly book ML had read. Go figure...

I will say that Classic's trackpad integration seems much improved with latest OS. No match for our 99s but better than any other BB10 to date. Thanks to subtle improvements in 10.3.3.1435, my hand actually looks forward to surfing on Classic, for example. Just a shame more of BBOS GUI experience didn't make the jump.
    02-14-17 01:59 PM
    Great post by Calvincton Bailey on the discussion page for What's Your Favorite BlackBerry of ALL TIME? | CrackBerry.com
    Preaching what we all know & feel in this group – but Calvincton Bailey gets my vote as an honorary member of the Still Bold club
    Haha that's good to see AND HEAR but I wonder how much "controversy" that might cause if posted in thew BB10 forums I have been preaching to the choir about how fast BBOS is, vids, etc, and then someone that never pays attentiin would post "BBOS is old and antiquated and SLOW!" It's unNERVING to hear comments like that from people who have probably never had a 9900/9930 and they automatically know everything or assume because it is older that it is slow and no good! That's what gets me.

So ya, good post.

02-14-17 04:44 PM
    Your app seems to be working better, i am using a newer V4 version maybe thats the reason? when i send messages it doesn't show up in the facebook messenger on iphone so i can't be sure if the person gets it. i bought a Client for Facebook in the appworld a few months ago so i'm using that again to reply to the messages, i really hate typing on the iphone but that wont be a problem in a few days as of yesterday my BlackBerry Priv has been shipped, i saw a size comparison and the 9900 is smaller than the priv keyboard in width.

Hmm so it sounds like we are losing you from here. That's kinda why I don't even want more Blackberries or phones for that matter......because I will inevitably MISS the 9900 keyboard and then have to keep popping the sim back and forth. Hey I'm open, never say never but I have a feeling that you might not be as happy with that PKB on the Priv, although the apps will possibly make up for that. I would however, prefer the Priv PKB to the iphone because I am with you on that! (typing on iphone is an exercise in futility and frustration) Unless one likes to be frustrated and have an endless feeling of helplessness. That said, there are still ONE or TWO apps I find myself needing on the iphone and I find myself wishing that I never read about them now in the first place.

I have never tried any Client for Facebook apps but if I need to know which it is I will be getting in touch with ya, so stick around still hopefully.

02-14-17 04:50 PM
    Also Mushroom, find out if he STILL uses his Bold 9900. He might have moved on and been speaking from nostalgia? Hopefully he will comment here, it would be cool to hear some of his experiences with the 99 vs. others.

02-14-17 04:51 PM
    I cannot be the only one noticing how many "I just updated my BB10 and I lost this feature or I lost that feature" threads there are.....

I seem to recall that even after years of keeping my BB6 and BBOS devices, we still had FULL functionality with them. It was only very recently that we started having some issues in here and there are usually fixes for it or some other walkaround...

Frehley likes this.
    02-14-17 04:59 PM
    Hmm so it sounds like we are losing you from here. That's kinda why I don't even want more Blackberries or phones for that matter......because I will inevitably MISS the 9900 keyboard and then have to keep popping the sim back and forth. Hey I'm open, never say never but I have a feeling that you might not be as happy with that PKB on the Priv, although the apps will possibly make up for that. I would however, prefer the Priv PKB to the iphone because I am with you on that! (typing on iphone is an exercise in futility and frustration) Unless one likes to be frustrated and have an endless feeling of helplessness. That said, there are still ONE or TWO apps I find myself needing on the iphone and I find myself wishing that I never read about them now in the first place.

I have never tried any Client for Facebook apps but if I need to know which it is I will be getting in touch with ya, so stick around still hopefully.

Nooooooo i'm going to be using the 9900 with the Priv like i use the 9900 with the iPhone, the priv is to replace the iphone haha, there is absolutely no way i'm leaving the 9900 in fact later in the year i'm planning to buy the P9981 from the sale of the iPhone. I'm gonna be sticking around for a lot longer haha.

Frehley likes this.
    02-14-17 05:00 PM
    Nooooooo i'm going to be using the 9900 with the Priv like i use the 9900 with the iPhone, the priv is to replace the iphone haha, there is absolutely no way i'm leaving the 9900 in fact later in the year i'm planning to buy the P9981 from the sale of the iPhone. I'm gonna be sticking around for a lot longer haha.

Cool beans

Frehley likes this.
    02-14-17 05:10 PM

Can you describe how you use both devices? Like 2 sim cards or swapping or one for wifi only?

Man I wish Rogers would let me have 2 sim cards! I don't understand why any cellular provider should care. Even if I were on a plan that allowed data sharing or whatever, they would be getting twice as much $ if that were the case...

02-14-17 05:17 PM
    Can you describe how you use both devices? Like 2 sim cards or swapping or one for wifi only?

Man I wish Rogers would let me have 2 sim cards! I don't understand why any cellular provider should care. Even if I were on a plan that allowed data sharing or whatever, they would be getting twice as much $ if that were the case...

I have 2 different numbers, one is public and for business things and one is private to stop harassing calls, here in Ireland you can have more than one sim card in the Same network but my phones are on different networks because if one network loses cell coverage during an outage i want to have a second phone to use. The plan for my blackberry is really cheap by irish standards haha its €15 per month, the iphone plan is a little more than that.

02-14-17 05:21 PM
    BB put everything they had learned through many years of hard won evolutionary experience into our 9900s. They intentionally abandoned 99% of that experience while starting BB10 from scratch. Reportedly thanks to a silly book ML had read. Go figure...

I will say that Classic's trackpad integration seems much improved with latest OS. No match for our 99s but better than any other BB10 to date. Thanks to subtle improvements in 10.3.3.1435, my hand actually looks forward to surfing on Classic, for example. Just a shame more of BBOS GUI experience didn't make the jump.
    Hey Steve you often mention muscle memory I believe, you might like the new video that Kevin posted today here it is…

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=tslhBFrpMA0
    idssteve and mushroom_daddy like this.
    02-14-17 05:30 PM
    I have 2 different numbers, one is public and for business things and one is private to stop harassing calls, here in Ireland you can have more than one sim card in the Same network but my phones are on different networks because if one network loses cell coverage during an outage i want to have a second phone to use. The plan for my blackberry is really cheap by irish standards haha its €15 per month, the iphone plan is a little more than that.

Man you are lucky. I was talking with a friend of a friend today who is from Switzerland and he lives here now and he said that Canadians pay the absolute most for any cell phone plans that he has ever seen in his life. And we pay more than in Europe. But if I wanted another number I would likely have to pay another $55. Most plans start at 75 if you get a new smart phone they make you get a talk and data plan, like a new iPhone you have to get at talk and data plan. If you bring your own device you can go on just a talk plan. But the average price on contract is $75-$90 every month for one number and one Sim card.
    02-14-17 05:33 PM
    Man you are lucky. I was talking with a friend of a friend today who is from Switzerland and he lives here now and he said that Canadians pay the absolute most for any cell phone plans that he has ever seen in his life. And we pay more than in Europe. But if I wanted another number I would likely have to pay another $55. Most plans start at 75 if you get a new smart phone they make you get a talk and data plan, like a new iPhone you have to get at talk and data plan. If you bring your own device you can go on just a talk plan. But the average price on contract is $75-$90 every month for one number and one Sim card.
    $75 is what i pay for both my plans, do the networks have good pre-paid plans for sims? Here the pre-paid sim plans can even be better than the monthly billed plans. I must mention that my BlackBerry plan is very minimal i think it's about 250 calls, 250 texts and 1GB of data which i have never exceeded it's a very basic plan i don't need extra minutes because the iPhone has unlimited calls and texts and that's the public number for business things so it will be great to use the Priv especially now that facebook is playing up even more with the chat section, my main problem with the client for facebook is that it's a glorified mobile browser version so that chat doesn't refresh but if the native app is online i do get the notifications so i can reply in the client for facebook. I'm looking forward to the 18MP camera it looks really good from what i've seen and i don't think the front facing camera is so bad considering i had a Q10 and took front facing pictures and they never were bad, the iPhone's camera's are not so good in low light. Do you think blackberry will make a Priv 2 in the next year or two?

02-14-17 05:53 PM
    Ralph,
    That's a steal. LOL. I'll happily swap cell phone bills w/ you! I pay a little over $400 a month w/ AT&T. I have the 30 gig Mobile Share plan w/ Rollover. Unlimited Call/Texting. It's so much because I have 8 lines. 2 phone lines for myself. One Work/Once Personal and then a Tablet as well. The Wife has a cell phone & a tablet, and 2 boys & the mother-in-law.. In the long run, I don't mind the bill because it works when I need it to and that's the most important thing. On a side note, the first 9900 I got last week has been running great since Thursday. My second, $22.50 which looks like it's brand new & only had a little of over 4 hrs talk time arrived today. It's charging now. Once it's charged up, I'll update the OS, and start setting it up later this evening. Originally I only planned on use the 9900 for this month, but I think my sim card will stay it longer. Battery life is way better than my Priv or my iPhone 6s. :-) Take care.

Steve, k4sqi (old call kb7sqi)
    02-14-17 05:58 PM
8,754 ... 185186187188189 ...