tks, installed Advance OS & LED nice app!!
    another question: for facebook chat what app are you using?
    02-01-17 03:32 PM
    hi to all . I have an heavy memory leaks in 1 day my 9900 eat all memory ...
    any suggestion?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I typically go from 155 MB down to about 70 MB in storage every day, yeah the rebooting will do the job but by then you need a battery change anyway. There are two other things I do:

Clear the log History. Just go to your home screen with all the icons showing, or apps press the alt key and type LG LG. Then when prompted select "clear all logs"

The other thing I do is setting up the memory cleaner to be on your homepage of apps. It's the icon that looks like a paper shredder. Doing all three of these things literally takes less than a minute, well except the battery pull of course...

Oh and yet another thing is clearing the device search history By going to options, scroll down to device, scroll down to search, click delete search history.

These few things become so routine and easy to do they will become like second nature.
    02-01-17 10:29 PM
    I think the quickest way to get the memory back is to take the battery out and put it back into the phone to make it reboot, this brings the memory back and makes the phone work faster, i notice if i'm using the chat option in facebook more often i need to reboot the phone everyday which isn't a problem.

I find the same thing happens after heavy heavy use in Twitter maybe after about two hours it starts tripping up, and I'm talking about the native BlackBerry Twitter app that still works beautifully. Simple reboot will do the trick and I don't like pulling the battery every time, that's where in tear. To reboot I press and hold ALT, CAPS and DELETE
    02-01-17 10:30 PM
    More than liveable for wifi speed.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    02-02-17 09:42 PM
    EFATS, how do you "re-register Host Routing tables?" A friend of mine bought a Bold, but wanted to switch back and forth with his Passport -- he was put off by having to call AT&T whenever he went back to BIS. He still has his Bold, and we're both interested in the "how-to" here. Thanks!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Aah sorry don't have my 9900 in front of me right now. I know it by thumb muscle memory.
    Go down to device options, advanced settings then host Routing tables. Once in, press the BlackBerry key to bring up the menu and click on Register... takes like 10s.

Every time I go BB10, it automatically disables my BID stuff I assume. If I just put the SIM back in the 9900, I won't receive any emails, gotta re-register and it will just bring my BIS back up along with all my email settings.

Lemme know if you still can't find the option, i'll go dig up my 9900. (my bold takes a break on the weekends :-)
    02-04-17 01:16 AM
    hi to all . I have an heavy memory leaks in 1 day my 9900 eat all memory ...
    any suggestion?

Doesn't happen to me often, but the few times it does, the automatic resource monitor just takes down the offending app and leaves me a message.
    02-04-17 01:19 AM
    Aah sorry don't have my 9900 in front of me right now. I know it by thumb muscle memory.
    Go down to device options, advanced settings then host Routing tables. Once in, press the BlackBerry key to bring up the menu and click on Register... takes like 10s.

Every time I go BB10, it automatically disables my BID stuff I assume. If I just put the SIM back in the 9900, I won't receive any emails, gotta re-register and it will just bring my BIS back up along with all my email settings.
    Thanks, EFats. Nguyen1 kindly posted a link for that little chore, which I passed on to my friend. Do you have any issues when you pop your SIM back to your Passport? My friend still has his Bold and would like to use it, but it's just sitting in a desk right now.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    02-04-17 09:14 AM
    So this is pretty awesome, with my Rogers share everything plan I get six months free of Spotify and I get lifetime free NHL games on Rogers game centre NHL app. (For my iPad) NHL games are free as long as I have this plan but if the games are being broadcast from the US there's a black out on the app. But any Canadian games are good to go.

And here's the best part, take a look at what devices are still supported with Rogers for these free extras......

Hint it starts with a "B" and ends with "lackberry"

So I'll probably work on the 9900 also, Spotify I mean.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1486249431.875466.jpg
    02-04-17 05:04 PM
    Some people say the 9900 needs more RAM, it only has 768MB. But look at how tiny the apps are in space, practically NOTHING! There is enough for most needs.

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    idssteve likes this.
    02-04-17 10:33 PM
    Thanks, EFats. Nguyen1 kindly posted a link for that little chore, which I passed on to my friend. Do you have any issues when you pop your SIM back to your Passport?
    Well the one big issue is BBM. The messaging follows the device sort of. So the problem is if I started a conversation on the Bold then switch to Passport, if I am not the first one to send the next message then my contact's message goes to my Bold, not the Passport, so I won't get the message until I next fire up my Bold.
    I just gotta be sure to strike first!

Aside from that, zero issues. BB10 doesn't need to register. Just be sure to get a SIM adapter that has a back on it...

02-05-17 09:10 PM
    Well the one big issue is BBM. The messaging follows the device sort of. So the problem is if I started a conversation on the Bold then switch to Passport, if I am not the first one to send the next message then my contact's message goes to my Bold, not the Passport, so I won't get the message until I next fire up my Bold.
    Thanks, EFATS. He has multiple BBMs (like I do), so that shouldn't be a problem. I assume he has a suitable adapter, since he's tried this before.

02-05-17 09:16 PM
    Curious to know why 9900/30 users pick the phone instead of the Classic?
    1) The Classic is phablet size, not as pocketable as the 9900
    2) OS 7 was made for the trackpad & toolbelt. It's such an addictive experience using this thing
    3) At the time of the Classic coming out, 9900 significantly cheaper
    4) Removable battery

The 9900 just works for almost everything I need it to so that size & price premium really killed the Classic for me.

mushroom_daddy likes this.
    02-05-17 09:18 PM
    More than liveable for wifi speed.
    Please, you're not giving the 9900 enough credit.
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-network-wifi-speedtest.jpg
    I get that speed (3 Mbps) over my cellular connection! I usually get over 3x that on my home WiFi
    02-05-17 09:34 PM
    Please, you're not giving the 9900 enough credit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Network-WiFi-SpeedTest.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	417040
    I get that speed over my cellular connection! I usually get over 3x that on my home WiFi
    Where I am LTE is faster than Wi-Fi usually.

If I recall correctly the 9900 is capable of speeds up to 15 Mbps.

Everything is compressed on the 9900 so I really don't notice a difference when I do get higher speeds.

Not sure if you are but in Canada we pay about $65 a month for Internet and it's nothing compared to what they get in the US.
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 02-05-17 at 09:50 PM.
    02-05-17 09:36 PM
    Where I am LTE is faster than Wi-Fi usually.

If I recall correctly the 9900 is capable of speeds up to 15 Mbps.

Everything is compressed on the 9900 so I really don't notice a difference when I do get higher speeds.

Not sure if you are but in Canada we pay about $65 a month for Internet and it's nothing compared to what they get in the US.
    You're just with the wrong provider :-). My service north of the border has always been way better than what I got south of the border.
    I'm paying about $35/month and I get 25Mbps download, if I want to step up to that kind of price range, they'll give me 100Mbps and if I'm really crazy, they'll let me have 300Mbps for a home connection. This is already a price bump and a service downgrade, way back in the good ol' days, it only cost me $25/month and I got 100Mbps up and down. It was fantastic for working from home.

As for my 9900, I don't think it actually has real 4G LTE, does it? At any rate, it isn't the download speed that matters, it's the browser, which admittedly is a bit "weak"...
    02-05-17 10:29 PM
    You're just with the wrong provider :-). My service north of the border has always been way better than what I got south of the border.
    I'm paying about $35/month and I get 25Mbps download, if I want to step up to that kind of price range, they'll give me 100Mbps and if I'm really crazy, they'll let me have 300Mbps for a home connection. This is already a price bump and a service downgrade, way back in the good ol' days, it only cost me $25/month and I got 100Mbps up and down. It was fantastic for working from home.

As for my 9900, I don't think it actually has real 4G LTE, does it? At any rate, it isn't the download speed that matters, it's the browser, which admittedly is a bit "weak"...
    Holy crap those are amazing speeds! Well I'm on H plus and that's not full 4G or LTE it's slightly under LTE speeds, from what I've researched.

OK I think I know what happened, when I ran another fast.com speed test it jams about halfway because it says no connection, and this is likely because right now my Sim card is not in my 9900, and then when I click continue the speed test has to start from scratch and that cuts the result in half. With the Sim card is not in the device some functions kind of muck up.

I checked my other devices and they're all hitting 8 MB per second on my wifi which is more than enough for my needs but I can tell you on my iPhone I'm hitting 15 to 20 Mbps on LTE. I'm quite happy with that actually.

My home provider is sasktel and they kind of forced us into it in the building I live because the building installed it and everyone got a package deal. Before I was on Shaw and it was quite consistent and decent. And also consider that I'm in a high-rise building and I'm picking up about 25 different cross contaminated Wi-Fi signals and I've heard that can really slow it down. But to be fair to sasktel they did come and give me a new modem router and the speeds are very consistent and fast now. I had issues during prime time hours in the evening my speed was less than 1 Mb per second and I just couldn't live with that, it was so affected by the cross-contamination. But that's been solved.

So spill the beans who is your home provider?
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 02-05-17 at 11:14 PM.
    02-05-17 10:35 PM

So spill the beans who is your home provider?
    Actually, sounds like quite similar situation to you. Originally when the high rise came up, it was the only provider, so there was no choice at the start. The company is called Novus.

It's not a fair comparison to be honest :-), I don't even need any kind of modem, straight RJ-45 Ethernet jack to my place. My understanding is the building has a direct optical link (though each suite wiring is still copper) to the main lines out of the province. I did have Telus briefly and the drop in speed was noticeable, especially upstream.

I hate to rub it in, but they also provide a fantastic TV service, better HD video quality than anything but OTA, plus the customer service is fabulous, always a real person, 5min wait is considered long and they always resolve the rare issues immediately.

02-06-17 01:20 AM

I hate to rub it in, but they also provide a fantastic TV service, better HD video quality than anything but OTA, plus the customer service is fabulous, always a real person, 5min wait is considered long and they always resolve the rare issues immediately.

K. Part of our deal also is Sasktel Max cable, and since I never bothered with cable for years, this is the part that makes it all worth it for me

It's hilarious but the signal I connect my wifi to on my in-suite setup has "5G" in the name. Judging by how many other signals I see, and mine looks like the only newer box from the suites in my range. I seriously doubt anything is 5G right now though.
    02-06-17 01:42 AM
    OK so I had AP News app and it was pretty much all I needed for a news wire service. But it's toast, just deleted it. I was wondering if there are any other news apps that you like and are still useable or should I basically just stick with Mobile Browser sites and save them as bookmarks?

02-06-17 04:06 PM
    ...AP News app... pretty much all I needed for a news wire service. But it's toast, just deleted it. I was wondering if there are any other news apps...
    Yeah, I was also bummed when the AP News app died. I haven't found a replacement yet, so let me what you end up doing.

02-06-17 07:52 PM
    Yeah, I was also bummed when the AP News app died. I haven't found a replacement yet, so let me what you end up doing.

Roger that

02-06-17 10:09 PM
    OK so I had AP News app and it was pretty much all I needed for a news wire service. But it's toast, just deleted it. I was wondering if there are any other news apps that you like and are still useable or should I basically just stick with Mobile Browser sites and save them as bookmarks?
    Ï actually liked the old BlackBerry News app until they cancelled that. Now I just use the "Social Feeds" feature and I'm fairly satisfied with that. If you must have AP, they offer a bunch of RSS feeds you can subscribe to.

The Globe & Mail app continues to work very well, though obviously it just has their content.

02-06-17 10:41 PM
    Ï actually liked the old BlackBerry News app until they cancelled that. Now I just use the "Social Feeds" feature and I'm fairly satisfied with that. If you must have AP, they offer a bunch of RSS feeds you can subscribe to.

The Globe & Mail app continues to work very well, though obviously it just has their content.

Yeah I loved the Blackberry News!!! Had it on my 9780 but never saw it on the 9790 or 9900.

I do follow 4 news sites off Twitter but there is still nothing like searching in a news app for the full experience.

Downloading Globe and Mail now..

02-06-17 11:25 PM

When the last time I check the AP Mobile aka Associated Press on my Bold and it was yesterday, it still works ok, without any problems. Just like it was earlier(no gps, etc) but it works. I checked 1min ago and still AP Mobile provides me news from yesterday, today and even 15min ago.

BTW. I have noticed one cool thing. As I am not an English man, I like to try english from newspapers.
    As you may know, many newspapers are paid. E.g. New York Times - you have 10 free articles via browser, than you have to pay. But I saw that reading NYTimes via Bold 9900 browser, I can read as much as I want without limit. And this website nytimes.com works very good on 9900 browser. So, you can try this for news from all over the world. Please check, and let me know.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    02-07-17 05:33 AM
    ... I saw that reading NYTimes via Bold 9900 browser, I can read as much as I want without limit. And this website nytimes.com works very good on 9900 browser. So, you can try this for news from all over the world. Please check, and let me know.
    WOW! The NYT actually does work well on my Bold! Thanks, Michniks!

02-07-17 08:43 AM
8,754 ... 183184185186187 ...