How did they work out? Any updates?

Re-reading this entire thread, still can't believe how many people re-ordered one of these devices!

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    The things sell themselves! They're THAT right. It's a rare pair of days that I don't wind up showing it to some inquiring mind on a bus, in a walmart line, at a client's plant, etc... EVERYone who holds it comments on how right it feels in hand... I've sold a LOT of niche equipment & services throughout my life. Inability to sell 9900 style features represents marketing malpractice, imo. Fwiw.

Glad to get my new replacement Classic in hand today. Some kind of BBW/Paypal foul up prevented purchase of some key apps for it, tho. Just purchased & loaded the necessary app on 9900 and played the training video I'd used 99 to prepare over the weekend. Thru PB/hdmi, of course.

We found a larger 50+" panel to play it on and moved it to the training room. A Samsung. Lol. Some of the guys photo'd that (about?) 50" Samsung on a two wheeled cart while displaying a Samsung phone page... Caption reads something like "Samsung Super Sized Phone!". Lol. I'll try to post that. Lol.

My team will be leveraging our 99s' singlehanded messaging strengths for coordinating a plant startup, this week. Great way to communicate in noisy industrial environments. Plant personnel are already sold on 99s. Their management is considering Mercury. Interesting to see where it all goes.
    anon(9721108) and David Tyler like this.
    01-24-17 04:09 AM
    Question for user of mail account in Yahoo.

A few months ago my Yahoo account in my 9900 works super! It works like gmail - real push - zero delay, even sometimes I get email faster than Gmail. But since few months(weeks?) It works like my other accounts -e.g. Outlook.com - I get emails from 5-15min - not longer.

What is your experience with Yahoo email account via BIS?
    Hmm... I don't use Ymail but they've been undergoing some "corporate stress" lately... Interesting to know if that might be impacting services??
    01-24-17 04:18 AM
    Hmm... I don't use Ymail but they've been undergoing some "corporate stress" lately... Interesting to know if that might be impacting services??
    I remember some article on crackberry.com which was talk about some issues with Yahoo mail, but on BB10, as far as I know. Anyway, I will check it deeper tomorrow with BIS enabled! Also had some issue with contact sync from Gmail or. Outlook mail, but calendar works ok with Gmail.

But, in case of this issues with sync contacts, I found that super option is BlackBerry Protect for my contacts backup and some other stuff.
    01-24-17 04:30 AM
    It's arrived and it is a truly beautiful thing ...
    BUT in testing I found that the L key is hypersensitive such that L characters appear when simply brushed and without depressing the key

What a shame, returning to seller for refund or exchange .... I'm really hoping they have others in stock
    Replacement 'pristine' 9900 will be provided by seller – hopefully I'll have more luck with the next one. I'm looking forward to getting a 'new' 9900
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    01-24-17 05:08 AM

A few months ago my Yahoo account in my 9900 works super! It works like gmail - real push - zero delay, even sometimes I get email faster than Gmail. But since few months(weeks?) It works like my other accounts -e.g. Outlook.com - I get emails from 5-15min - not longer.
    This article maybe of interest, it tells you what you might expect from various Email providers
    Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service
    However, as idssteve infers (above) Yahoo may have changed/broken things
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 01-24-17 at 10:05 AM.
    01-24-17 05:28 AM
    Thanks for the link. It seems that it is Yahoo fault and they changed something. And without any update in case of BIS infrastructure we can expect that new issues may come in future. "God save the King..."
    01-24-17 08:07 AM
    There is something going on at yahoo for sure. Our clients are having issues with sending/receiving emails to yahoo users..
    01-24-17 08:45 AM
    That's what I heard to something was on the news about them not too long ago and honestly I don't think many people are still using Yahoo. Yahoo can be considered the BlackBerry of the email world ;-)
    01-24-17 11:39 AM
    I remember some article on crackberry.com which was talk about some issues with Yahoo mail, but on BB10, as far as I know. Anyway, I will check it deeper tomorrow with BIS enabled! Also had some issue with contact sync from Gmail or. Outlook mail, but calendar works ok with Gmail.

But, in case of this issues with sync contacts, I found that super option is BlackBerry Protect for my contacts backup and some other stuff.
    Contact syncing seems to be something that I wouldn't rely with 100%. But some people have good luck with it to either work, doesn't work or some people have problems. It's such a common issue that I probably would write that one off if it was myself buying a 9900 and expecting that to work perfectly.
    01-24-17 11:42 AM
    Hmm looks like this iPhone 8 concept copied the bezel design of the 9900

http://a.mynews.ly/!DcD.E_-m7
    01-24-17 12:59 PM

BB Hub, BBM, and a BB Launcher are in the Google Play store, but carry ads under the onerous eye of Google, who disallow ad-blocking apps from their store. This raises the question of security ]
    Man you weren't kidding....

After HummingBad, Malware 'HummingWhale' Infects Android: 2 Million Downloads On Google Play Store
    http://a.mynews.ly/!DcD.FAFL3
    01-24-17 01:12 PM
    sorry I have a question . what we can use to upload to instagram from a 9900?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using CB
    01-24-17 11:59 PM
    sorry I have a question . what we can use to upload to instagram from a 9900?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using CB
    Have you tried "Client For Instagram" in App World?

Some people are saying after they removed the app and they were not able to get it again.

01-25-17 01:35 AM
    cant see it! someone has an ota link?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    01-25-17 01:36 AM
    Don't know abouit a link because I searched the Jarred Company that created it and on their website I don't see it listed, yet it is on my 9900....

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    01-25-17 02:01 AM
    god a pity...

01-25-17 02:04 AM
    I hope someone can build a survival list of OTA app for legacy bb

01-25-17 06:26 AM
    That's what I heard to something was on the news about them not too long ago and honestly I don't think many people are still using Yahoo. Yahoo can be considered the BlackBerry of the email world ;-)
    I had my Yahoo account since 1997 - 20 years - and I deleted it earlier this month. Too many undisclosed data breaches. Too many problems. Too much incompetence. I hadn't used my account in years, so it was time to let it go.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    01-25-17 07:25 AM
    I hope someone can build a survival list of OTA app for legacy bb
    Check out the Stickies section, this is a living thread of tried & tested apps
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-list-1075860/
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 01-25-17 at 09:33 AM.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    01-25-17 07:29 AM

What is your experience with Yahoo email account via BIS?
    There is something going on at yahoo for sure. Our clients are having issues with sending/receiving emails to yahoo users..
    I would imagine that Yahoo is finally implementing and requiring the use of security features they should have had years ago, given the massive hacks of their user database. Just as an example of how lax the system was, until quite recently, you could log into Yahoo mail without https.
    01-25-17 08:15 AM
    Good to see you Shus.....

Yeah I am ok with Gmail and Hotmail.

01-25-17 06:12 PM
    9900 up and running. only one prob bbmaps refuse to start and put some sort of missing file ad...
    I removed it there's a way to reload it OTA ? or I have to reload the whole os?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-26-17 12:35 AM
    9900 up and running. only one prob bbmaps refuse to start and put some sort of missing file ad...
    I removed it there's a way to reload it OTA ? or I have to reload the whole os?
    You could try one of the unofficial repositories (links below), but I'm not sure whether the latest version is available, and I can't comment on the authenticity of whats offered elsewhere:

BlackBerry OTA Downloads
    BBMaps v1.7.1 for os5.0 - 7.x apps - free blackberry apps download
    BlackBerry Maps version
    01-26-17 02:39 AM
    Suzee do you bother to set up the Firewall on the 9900?

Attachment 416315
    No, I didn't. It boils down to who you trust with your data. :-)
    01-26-17 03:14 AM
    Thanks #Sue-zz.

I have a Priv in the house with Dtek on it. From the introduction Dtek will report any app sending out data on its own, if I remember it correctly. So far Dtek has always been green meaning phone secured, no app sending data. This is hard to believe considering tons of Androids apps my kids downloaded.

Perhaps I will see if my house location has been read by Google. Hope that it is not too difficult to find out.

Posted from my  Passport
    If you've a got an Android-Thing in the house connected to the wifi, then it will send the router SSID and nearby others, plus GPS location data, and your service's IP address to Google. So it might be hard to pin down what the Dtek is doing.

You can check if you're logged with the Google News/Weather home page over your wifi router. If it shows your local area after you've cleared all cookies and browser data, then you're logged.

:-)

We've got a Windows 10 phone on test here (Lumia 650). It feeds a stack of data back to Microsoft and app developers (contacts and location mainly) so we're kinda at the stage where the BisBerrys represent the least 'leaky' smart-phones still available, followed by BB10 devices. I haven't found a firewall app for WP10 phones, as yet.

Buy your BisBerry now, while stocks last, as they say.
    idssteve likes this.
    01-26-17 03:27 AM
8,754 ... 178179180181182 ...