dup post. oops.
    01-12-17 09:05 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8674637ab7.jpg

I got a new official JM1 battery today, does anyone know if it's a recent battery according to the codes on the battery? Also, the gold extended battery I had when I use it seems to be dead so I plug the charging into the phone and the red led light flashes for about 20 seconds and stops and repeats, does that mean the battery is completely dead and will never work?

Thanks.
    What happens if you put the battery into a wall charger? I had the dreaded red X on one of the new batteries that I received from Amazon and I was able to recover it but there was a little trick with a wall charger that I did. I remember starting a thread for that somewhere. But maybe let it charge all night on a wall charger and then see what happens in the morning.
    01-12-17 09:09 AM
    Oh my! Cracking bunch in Still Bold BBM. It seems this BISBerry 9900 can can also be used to send new-fangled e-messages....
    Yeah that's the problem with Google,they track and store everything you've ever done or searched. I switch between an iPhone and 9900 but I've been with the iPhone for a couple of months because there are one or two apps that I absolutely need right now but when I can I like to still use the 9900 on here or for a couple other things on Facebook Twitter etc. I will use it again soon. The call quality on the 9900 is so much better if I'm in traffic or like on a noisy street walking I can always hear the person talking on the 9900, I can't hear much on the iPhone it's like the earpiece speaker is detuned or something. I did blow my ear speaker about six or seven months ago and had replaced at a repair place but that's the beauty of these phones everything can get done cheaply.
    01-12-17 09:13 AM
    "Out of curiosity, what sort of firewall analysis were you performing? I generally leave that sort of thing to my "smart guys" at work but have been watching wifi activity logs on routers at home."

I worked in WAN/Token Ring/X.25 systems as an analyst, so I'm wary of everything. Sticking a firewall log on a 'secure' Android phone has me running for the Xanax and the Baco-foil. There's some info coming out about FBook and Google always listening, and popping up ads about what you discussed in private yesterday. It's all too much <glances around, nervously>

I got a Bold because BIS. BIS is Good. BES is Better, but Bold is G**gle-free.

Just popping out for a Faraday cage...
    idssteve and ArbuckleWillis like this.
    01-12-17 09:15 AM
    Welcome everybody! Today i got a new,sealed 9900 from polish carrier. OMG!!! What a beauty. Greetings from Poland.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    So Poland and Hong Kong might still have some new ones eh

How was the battery it came with did it have to be conditioned? Did it still have charge in it? :0
    01-12-17 09:15 AM
    What happens if you put the battery into a wall charger? I had the dreaded red X on one of the new batteries that I received from Amazon and I was able to recover it but there was a little trick with a wall charger that I did. I remember starting a thread for that somewhere. But maybe let it charge all night on a wall charger and then see what happens in the morning.
    I have had the X on the screen with the current battery that came with phone after it did and it charged and everything was fine, there is no screen animation with the Gold battery just when i plug the charging cable into the phone the red light stays on for about 20 seconds and then goes away and repeats, i let it do that for over half an hour and i thought maybe it was charging it. I'm going to buy a wall charger on eBay because i will have 2 batteries and i want to see if i can get the gold one to charge. i want to make sure the new battery gets the best battery life, do you suggest charging it for at least 8 hours?

01-12-17 09:17 AM
    Oh my! Cracking bunch in Still Bold BBM. It seems this BISBerry 9900 can can also be used to send new-fangled e-messages....
    Newfangled? My ears, er, eyes are burning...

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-12-17 09:31 AM
    i want to make sure the new battery gets the best battery life, do you suggest charging it for at least 8 hours?

With any new battery I like to almost fully discharge it as much as possible so I usually let it run out to near empty when I get it, and then fully charge it and then drain it to red again. To exercise the range on the battery. They say that there's no memory effect with lithium ion batteries but I still like to condition them. Sometimes the gauge goes out of whack and it's not accurate to what the charge is in the battery so that's why condition. Some people get the battery dying in 20 or 30%. That could mean the battery is just no good anymore or it's not conditioned.

Since you have two batteries and if you get a wall charger, then you can actually go until it's red and then simply swap it and that way you always condition while you fully charge the depleted one on the wall charger. This is more convenient plus it always allows you to keep the batteries fully conditioned. But I also read that lithium ion batteries don't like to be fully drained if possible.
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    01-12-17 09:58 AM
    I have the supposed "Extened" batteries I bought from Amazon. Hey, they actually WORK for me. One of them I had to shave down one of the plastic tabs with a razor blade to correct a manufacture issue, but that took all of 10 seconds. I bought two of THESE, one with the wall CHARGER.
    I get about 90 minutes to two hours MORE with these batteries than I do with stock BlackBerry. Depending on use. To me, two hours is a lot when you need it.

https://www.amazon.com/Extended-Blackberry-Universal-Indicator-BlackBerry/dp/B00V2BE7AA/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1484253818&sr=8-11&keywords=blackberry+9900+battery

I also bought one of THESE battery cases in WHITE when Amazon was blowing them out for 10 bucks. No longer available at Amazon US;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/170954503466?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

This gives me about 5 - 6 more hours, and it's a pretty decent protective case as well.
    01-12-17 02:45 PM
    Wow, sure is good to see some people getting new 9900s and putting them to good use.

That's great. These phones are still productive and useful, as long as you are not app-happy.

Congrats to the new 9900 owners. Enjoy.
    01-12-17 02:50 PM
    I have the supposed "Extened" batteries I bought from Amazon. Hey, they actually WORK for me. One of them I had to shave down one of the plastic tabs with a razor blade to correct a manufacture issue, but that took all of 10 seconds. I bought two of THESE, one with the wall CHARGER.
    I get about 90 minutes to two hours MORE with these batteries than I do with stock BlackBerry. Depending on use. To me, two hours is a lot when you need it.

https://www.amazon.com/Extended-Blackberry-Universal-Indicator-BlackBerry/dp/B00V2BE7AA/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1484253818&sr=8-11&keywords=blackberry+9900+battery

I also bought one of THESE battery cases in WHITE when Amazon was blowing them out for 10 bucks. No longer available at Amazon US;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/170954503466?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

This gives me about 5 - 6 more hours, and it's a pretty decent protective case as well.

Interesting battery case with a built-in battery.

Yeah I have a Chinese white label extended life capacity 1500 mA it and I tried filing it down so that the battery door wouldn't stick out so much because it's just slightly thicker than the factory BlackBerry batteries. But I was a little nervous filing too much on the body of the battery because I don't want it to leak or anything or get weakened too much.
    01-12-17 05:24 PM
    Wow, sure is good to see some people getting new 9900s and putting them to good use.

That's great. These phones are still productive and useful, as long as you are not app-happy.

Congrats to the new 9900 owners. Enjoy.
    I'm surprised to see more people in the 9900 forms now, even some of the BB 10 regulars from the general forums commenting in other posts here. This tells us that there are still a lot more people using our device than they let on.

And still some of the others commenting are actually still using the device and have been for years and years and years, interesting...
    01-12-17 05:26 PM
    Battery works fine. 21 hours, imcluding bis and wifi. Quite good?

01-12-17 05:34 PM
    I have Z10 too but... With 9900 everything work perfectly.

01-12-17 05:38 PM

I can't get that long so yes that is GOOD. I am a heavy user and I get 6-8 hours on a full charge and that's with the screen dimmed to 10% which is more than enough to read in daylight outdoor conditions in my experience,
    01-12-17 05:51 PM

Does it say the build date on the box of your new 9900? How about where it was made?
    01-12-17 05:52 PM
    PRD 121113, November 2013? Mexico

01-12-17 07:31 PM
    PRD 121113, November 2013? Mexico

Cool, one of the newer ones. You said you were in Poland I think? I figure it would have been made in Croatia or somewhere in Europe.

Mine is from Mexico also. Mexico 4 plant if I recall
    01-12-17 07:35 PM
    Mexico 5. What's a difference between Mexico 4 ?

01-12-17 07:43 PM
    Yes I'm from Poland. Please add me to the group 9900. 2B76EE6D

01-12-17 08:16 PM

I'd say very good. 21 hours (of even standby) is exceptional for a 9900. So your battery life is fine.
    01-12-17 08:27 PM
    I can't get that long so yes that is GOOD. I am a heavy user and I get 6-8 hours on a full charge and that's with the screen dimmed to 10% which is more than enough to read in daylight outdoor conditions in my experience,
    That's realistic for heavy use. I think devotional is talking more "Stand By" time. What I find is that when I'm traveling, and the phone is constantly hunting for cell towers, and switching a lot, that REALLY eats up battery life. I do travel with two batteries, AND that Battery CASE I listed above. I love it. I'll snap a pic of my 9900 in it tomorrow. I wouldn't leave home without it. The case uses the contact pads on the bottom of the 9900 to charge it via the battery in the case.
    01-12-17 08:37 PM

That's EXACTLY what brought me BACK to BlackBerry BIS. I had a 9780 before I jumped on BB10, and even though I love BB10, I missed the automation and perfection of BIS for certain business tasks.... and personal tasks. So I had to come back. Things just "Work" on BIS. It's such a mature and secure network.

But as I've posted many times, I have a Passport on the personal line and I do love it. IMO, I have the best of BOTH worlds. My 9900 on the business line, the Passport on the personal line. Life is good.
    01-12-17 08:46 PM
    Z10 with his size, great screen and even a camera is superb but battery is a joke! And BB10 misses few things from os7.

01-12-17 09:28 PM
    Mexico 5. What's a difference between Mexico 4 ?

Just a different location or building I think.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    01-12-17 09:50 PM
8,754 ... 169170171172173 ...