Happy New Year guys and gals.

I have to admit, by NOW, 2017, I would have bet the ranch that my 9900 would be LONG GONE! Nope. I still have it on the business line, Bridged to my Playbook. I just CAN'T muster the will to get rid of it. I now have a new BlackBerry Passport and LOVE it much more than the 9900 for a daily driver, but for the office (and I should take a pic for you guys), it reigns supreme. You have to picture in your mind my desk, set up for perfection of office elegance and productivity as follows;

The 9900 in the Charging Cradle. The Playbook in the Charging Cradle. A Bluetooth either in my ear or the very cool BlackBerry Mini Bluetooth Speaker on the desk for speakerphone calls. Laptop front and center. That's the extent. Simple and elegant and highly productive for a Business Owner. I use the Playbook for emails and text and LInkedIn, and to manage calls via BlackBerry Bridge. BlackBerry Blend on my Passport Blended to my iPad just doesn't work as "Reliably". When portable, the 9900 just works better for raw communication in the field and it fits in my suit breast pocket so easily. And, for some odd reason, I just prefer managing business communications much more on my 9900 than I do on the Passport. I have no idea why. It just "IS" that way. My guess is when I'm really busy, the data flow through BIS via the 9900 makes a bit more intuitive sense to me at a core level than BB10 does.

I've got three new spare batteries, two charging stands (for the 9900 AND the Passport), plenty of screen protectors, a plethora of cases for both and travel chargers and cords, along with genuine BlackBerry accessories like Bluetooth speakers. One of the perks of a sunset product like the 9900 and the Playbook, accessories are DIRT CHEAP on Amazon. $11 for a BlackBerry Bluetooth Speaker? Why not get TWO?

I just can't let the 9900 go. I'm with ATT and only pay $50 a month for a BUSINESS LINE because it was my hardware I brought to them. Can't beat that. Unlimited calls/texts and 2 gig of data (plenty for a BIS phone like the 9900) for $50 a month. I don't know what to say. I still love the 9900. And I would have bet the damn ranch that by 2017 it would be a long gone relic of Technology Past.

I wonder if I'll be posting the same thing on New Years 2018? Or 19? 2020? We'll see.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that Blackberry Bluetooth speaker. I didn't even know they made one!! I use a Headrush speaker that is able to be used as a phone also, once connected via Bluetooth of course.

Did you get Blackberry brand batteries? It can be hit and miss for getting a good one because they have been sitting in warehouses for years, in some cases. I have had some that are unrecoverable with the red "x" showing on the screen but one I was able to recover with a wall charger for the battery itself.

I want to use my 9900 for calls again but unfortunately right now as it is there are a couple apps I need for one or 2 important people in my life and there is no other option. I realize I will probably lose my Whatsapp abilities after tonite, but that will be a test.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    12-31-16 08:39 PM
    I have to wonder how many BB10's will still be useable after 5 or 6 years, simply because BB0S had around 10 full years of development, and BB10, a year?

This summer I remember some BB10'ers saying that certain apps were not working properly, like Facebook. I felt lucky I was using the 9900. The only thing limiting my FB was their official announcement that there would be no more message inbox on the official FB native app, but when I am ONLINE in my app, mine works fine.

But now with AP News app not working on mine and a lack of support from Zuckerberg on Apps like whatsapp, we are more limited. I think those things are the ONLY thing limiting the 9900.

12-31-16 08:51 PM
    Watched "Carnage" with Jody Foster and there was a closeup shot of a black 9900 vibrating on a table moving around......I was shocked because I thought it was a 2015 movie or newer and it is dated 2011

The Vibrate mode is another standout on this device, it is at least 3 times more powerful than Vibrate mode on the iphone.

12-31-16 08:57 PM
    One more update on speaker issue

As I informed before, other person with whom I'm talking can hear my voice if I'm only on speaker. Using advance os and led app, I have configured my phone to answer calls using speaker by default.

I have lately found that, when I turn off speaker mode after call is connected, others can hear me. This is strange but true.

I have checked if there is an option to turn off speaker after call is connected in advance os led app.

OMG, can't believe, that option was there. On Call Connect->Deactivate. I have enabled this setting

Now, if I receive any call, speaker will be on while ringing. It will go to normal mode as soon as call is connected

And when I dial, it will ring in speaker until other person picks up call. And the moment other person picks up, speaker will be off

I really wonder if this options was there just for me. Really great app.

My problem is solved without replacing mike or giving to service center. I need not talk now while speaker is on and I need not give chance to others to hear my phone conversations
    01-01-17 08:58 AM
    I wouldn't mind seeing that Blackberry Bluetooth speaker. I didn't even know they made one!! I use a Headrush speaker that is able to be used as a phone also, once connected via Bluetooth of course.

Did you get Blackberry brand batteries? It can be hit and miss for getting a good one because they have been sitting in warehouses for years, in some cases. I have had some that are unrecoverable with the red "x" showing on the screen but one I was able to recover with a wall charger for the battery itself.

I want to use my 9900 for calls again but unfortunately right now as it is there are a couple apps I need for one or 2 important people in my life and there is no other option. I realize I will probably lose my Whatsapp abilities after tonite, but that will be a test.

The BlackBerry Bluetooth Speaker is THIS ONE;
    https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ACC-52983-001-Mini-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00ASZ90KS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483292592&sr=8-2&keywords=blackberry+bluetooth+speaker

This is an AMAZING Bluetooth speaker for Music (considering the size) and is GREAT for speakerphone phone calls. You can even attach it to a backpack or seat belt for portable operation. It's why it was designed as a clip device. But you can just stand it or lay it on a desk as I do in the office.

The Batteries I use are THESE:
    https://www.amazon.com/Extended-Blackberry-Capacity-Battery-BlackBerry/dp/B00UZQW97G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483292686&sr=8-1&keywords=blackberry+9900+extended+battery

They are advertised as EXTENDED and yes, I do get about 90 minutes extra time per day on these over OEM batteries. Not huge difference-wise, but 90 minutes is 90 minutes. The key is, they are inexpensive, they WORK and I have been VERY happy with them.
    01-01-17 11:47 AM
    I have to wonder how many BB10's will still be useable after 5 or 6 years, simply because BB0S had around 10 full years of development, and BB10, a year?

This summer I remember some BB10'ers saying that certain apps were not working properly, like Facebook. I felt lucky I was using the 9900. The only thing limiting my FB was their official announcement that there would be no more message inbox on the official FB native app, but when I am ONLINE in my app, mine works fine.

But now with AP News app not working on mine and a lack of support from Zuckerberg on Apps like whatsapp, we are more limited. I think those things are the ONLY thing limiting the 9900.

Luckily for me, I do not use Whatsapp, so I will not miss that. LinkedIn and Facebook are the two I need, and honestly, I only use Facebook (for business) about once a month. I dislike Facebook immensely but I do use it for Business occasionally. LinkedIn I use daily. The only "Personal Play" apps I use on the 9900 are "Slacker" and "TuneIn" and they both run just fine on my 9900.

The nice thing about BB10 (and my Passport) is that you can load the Cobalt Android Play Store and then you have access to "most" of the apps on Android IF that is your gig. Most of them run just fine on my Passport. And that's handy since I use Starbucks and a few other Droid apps quite frequently on weekends. Also, the Passport is Quad Core so it's very fast, and the screen is obviously MUCH larger than the 9900. But that's were the advantages end. There are a few things the 9900 can do that the Passport can't;

The AUTOMATION that is built in to BIS vs BB10 for BUSINESS is wonderful to me. Nobex contact capture is the best auto contact capture app in the world as far as I'm concerned and it is ONLY available on BIS. BlackBerry TRAVEL on BIS works MUCH better than on BB10. It's perfected and automated so well, it's ridiculously productive. If you are a busy business owner or executive, you just can't beat the automation of BIS.

If you travel internationally, BIS is SO INEXPENSIVE to roam with. Heck, when I was with T-Mo, they had a BIS International roaming plan that was $20 a month unlimited. Come on! That's amazing. 20 bucks a month for unlimited BIS Web, Email and BBM? That was a huge deal VS other roaming data plans. I think my ATT global BIS plan is similar. I don't travel much internationally any longer (thank goodness), so I really don't have a handle on that any longer. But it is worth mentioning.

Finally, BlackBerry BRIDGE is so much more steady and reliable on the 9900 and Playbook than BlackBerry BLEND is on the Passport and an iPad or Droid Tablet. BRIDGE just works fine every time. BLEND has it's moments when it just does not work and it drives me crazy.
    01-01-17 12:04 PM
    Update on my 9900 mic issue

As informed earlier, people on other end can hear my voice clearly when I'm on speaker

I could able to activate speaker automatically when I dail/receive call using Advance OS and led app. Only problem with this setting is others can hear my conversations as loud speaker is always on

Lately, I found that others can still hear me even after I turn off loud speaker after call begins. It means,I need to turn off loud speaker once call is connected and speaker is activated. This is strange but true

I just explored this app without any hope for the possibility of turn off speaker after call is connected. But to my surprise, that option was available in this app. Yes, I can deactivate speaker once call is connected. I can't believe but this is true. OMG

I feel like this app was only developed for my problematic 9900 mic issue. Kudos to developer

Now, I can use my phone like any other phone. Speaker will be automatically activated when I dial other number. And speaker will be deactivated as soon as other person picks up call.

And when I receive call, speaker will be deactivated as soon as I pick up phone.

Finally, I'm happy. Problem is fixed without replacing faulty mic or without giving to service center
    01-01-17 01:45 PM
    Please also tell me if there is any alternate way to increase volume as my volume up button is broken
    01-01-17 01:47 PM
    The BlackBerry Bluetooth Speaker is THIS ONE;
    https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-ACC-52983-001-Mini-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00ASZ90KS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1483292592&sr=8-2&keywords=blackberry+bluetooth+speaker

This is an AMAZING Bluetooth speaker for Music (considering the size) and is GREAT for speakerphone phone calls. You can even attach it to a backpack or seat belt for portable operation. It's why it was designed as a clip device. But you can just stand it or lay it on a desk as I do in the office.

The Batteries I use are THESE:
    https://www.amazon.com/Extended-Blackberry-Capacity-Battery-BlackBerry/dp/B00UZQW97G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483292686&sr=8-1&keywords=blackberry+9900+extended+battery

They are advertised as EXTENDED and yes, I do get about 90 minutes extra time per day on these over OEM batteries. Not huge difference-wise, but 90 minutes is 90 minutes. The key is, they are inexpensive, they WORK and I have been VERY happy with them.
    That is a nice speaker. I would've never even thought to search for a blackberry Bluetooth speaker but it looks almost like it was for a visor in a car. I have the car BlackBerry VM-605 visor mount speaker and it works great even with the iPhone, but that one would be worth getting.
    01-01-17 06:33 PM
    One more update on speaker issue

As I informed before, other person with whom I'm talking can hear my voice if I'm only on speaker. Using advance os and led app, I have configured my phone to answer calls using speaker by default.

I have lately found that, when I turn off speaker mode after call is connected, others can hear me. This is strange but true.

I have checked if there is an option to turn off speaker after call is connected in advance os led app.

OMG, can't believe, that option was there. On Call Connect->Deactivate. I have enabled this setting

Now, if I receive any call, speaker will be on while ringing. It will go to normal mode as soon as call is connected

And when I dial, it will ring in speaker until other person picks up call. And the moment other person picks up, speaker will be off

I really wonder if this options was there just for me. Really great app.

My problem is solved without replacing mike or giving to service center. I need not talk now while speaker is on and I need not give chance to others to hear my phone conversations

So is it ok more or less now? You can use it? It almost sounds like you need a new mic installed in your phone, or perhaps the connection is loose.
    01-01-17 06:36 PM
    Here are some interesting things I just saw in Kijiji for sale. The 9900 is advertised as very lightly used but locked to the bell mobility network. 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483317461.683486.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483317480.501936.jpg
    01-01-17 06:38 PM
    And some more 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483317521.051023.jpg 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483317562.600514.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483317575.000994.jpg
    01-01-17 06:39 PM
    I have a little concern, I want to know if anyone else is seeing this message when they do a Google search and try to click a YouTube vid?

I am wondering if it is because I don't have the sim in the 9900 right now.

I don't want to pop in the sim and then have this issue still, so has anyone else had this experience?

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483322315.973807.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483322329.502675.jpg
    01-01-17 07:59 PM
    If only the 9900/30 had the same specs as a Passport....

Posted via CB10
    idssteve and BBerryPowerUser like this.
    01-01-17 09:54 PM
    So is it ok more or less now? You can use it? It almost sounds like you need a new mic installed in your phone, or perhaps the connection is loose.
    Completely OK now. No issues
    01-01-17 11:27 PM
    All

pls check this thread and help me to solve the problem

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12716824
    01-02-17 03:02 AM
    That is a nice speaker. I would've never even thought to search for a blackberry Bluetooth speaker but it looks almost like it was for a visor in a car. I have the car BlackBerry VM-605 visor mount speaker and it works great even with the iPhone, but that one would be worth getting.
    It would have to be a fairly THIN visor, Ralph. The opening between the two sides is narrow and you can't bend it much. It's more designed for clipping on to your waistband in your pants, or your SEATBELT or a Backpack's Shoulder straps or similar.

I use it all the time with my 9900, but sure, it would work well for any phone.

Another amazing device was the BlackBerry Music Gateway. This was basically a VERY small Bluetooth Receiver you could hook up to a stereo or a speaker or amplifier. It is SUPER small and very portable. I have one that I got from Amazon for $12. Because of great reviews and a shortage of them, the price is now near $50. Too bad. For 12 bucks they were a STEAL. I wish I had more. Your BlackBerry saw these as a "Music Gateway" so it paired with them instantly. Other phones just see them as a BlueTooth Receiver. I think they are Bluetooth 3.0 so very decent music quality. It also has a built in BATTERY so you can CHARGE it and use it for about 10 hours of music with no power. Unfortunately - NO LONGER AVAILABLE at Amazon. Found them on eBay for the inflated price;

BlackBerry ACC-41596-001 Music Gateway Bluetooth Audio Adapter Black New Retail | eBay

Amazon does have another version, but I don't think this is as robust;

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Remote-Stereo-Bluetooth-Gateway/dp/B00170KUM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483395036&sr=8-1&keywords=blackberry+music+gateway

I may order one just to compare. But I have about 10 Bluetooth Receivers laying around. The First one I posted is just SO SMALL and portable it's ridiculous NOT to travel with it. You can hook it up to Stereo Clock Radios and HDTV sets in Hotel rooms and have your music with you in full stereo sound.
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 01-02-17 at 04:24 PM.
    01-02-17 04:14 PM
    I have a little concern, I want to know if anyone else is seeing this message when they do a Google search and try to click a YouTube vid?

I am wondering if it is because I don't have the sim in the 9900 right now.

I don't want to pop in the sim and then have this issue still, so has anyone else had this experience?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1483322315.973807.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	275.5 KB 
ID:	415153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1483322329.502675.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	346.1 KB 
ID:	415154
    Ralph:

I actually have seen this, I think I saw it when I was using my 9780 as a music streamer WITHOUT a SIM. I THINK (Think being the operative word) that because you have no BIS connection (no SIM) you are getting this. The only way to tell for sure is to pop in a SIM and find out.

One of the issues I have with the 9900 VS a BB10 device like the Passport are issues like these where you need BIS to complete some functions. However, they are not that bad. And BIS has (to me) more advantages than it does problems.
    01-02-17 04:20 PM
    Ralph:

I actually have seen this, I think I saw it when I was using my 9780 as a music streamer WITHOUT a SIM. I THINK (Think being the operative word) that because you have no BIS connection (no SIM) you are getting this. The only way to tell for sure is to pop in a SIM and find out.

One of the issues I have with the 9900 VS a BB10 device like the Passport are issues like these where you need BIS to complete some functions. However, they are not that bad. And BIS has (to me) more advantages than it does problems.
    Roger that, that's what I was suspecting...
    01-02-17 06:29 PM
    It would have to be a fairly THIN visor, Ralph. The opening between the two sides is narrow and you can't bend it much. It's more designed for clipping on to your waistband in your pants, or your SEATBELT or a Backpack's Shoulder straps or similar.

I use it all the time with my 9900, but sure, it would work well for any phone.

Another amazing device was the BlackBerry Music Gateway. This was basically a VERY small Bluetooth Receiver you could hook up to a stereo or a speaker or amplifier. It is SUPER small and very portable. I have one that I got from Amazon for $12. Because of great reviews and a shortage of them, the price is now near $50. Too bad. For 12 bucks they were a STEAL. I wish I had more. Your BlackBerry saw these as a "Music Gateway" so it paired with them instantly. Other phones just see them as a BlueTooth Receiver. I think they are Bluetooth 3.0 so very decent music quality. It also has a built in BATTERY so you can CHARGE it and use it for about 10 hours of music with no power. Unfortunately - NO LONGER AVAILABLE at Amazon. Found them on eBay for the inflated price;

BlackBerry ACC-41596-001 Music Gateway Bluetooth Audio Adapter Black New Retail | eBay

Amazon does have another version, but I don't think this is as robust;

https://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Remote-Stereo-Bluetooth-Gateway/dp/B00170KUM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483395036&sr=8-1&keywords=blackberry+music+gateway

I may order one just to compare. But I have about 10 Bluetooth Receivers laying around. The First one I posted is just SO SMALL and portable it's ridiculous NOT to travel with it. You can hook it up to Stereo Clock Radios and HDTV sets in Hotel rooms and have your music with you in full stereo sound.
    Interesting. Never even knew about things like that. Not sure I would have much use for it, I only have 75 songs and mostly use tune in Radio and some Spotify on the iphone.

But what I do need is another decent Bluetooth Speaker. My Headrush doesnt hold a charge anymore(only 2 years old) and I bought a new speaker from Walmart before Christmas, a cheapie that lights up but the sound is terrible, not enough volume or bass, too tinny. I do like how on the cheap one it shows the battery gauge of the speaker on the phone so you can keep track of it. However, I will never buy one that lights up and changes colours because you can't even have it playing when you try to nap or whatever because it is like a freaking RAVE all over the walls haha.

01-02-17 06:38 PM
    Interesting. Never even knew about things like that. Not sure I would have much use for it, I only have 75 songs and mostly use tune in Radio and some Spotify on the iphone.

But what I do need is another decent Bluetooth Speaker. My Headrush doesnt hold a charge anymore(only 2 years old) and I bought a new speaker from Walmart before Christmas, a cheapie that lights up but the sound is terrible, not enough volume or bass, too tinny. I do like how on the cheap one it shows the battery gauge of the speaker on the phone so you can keep track of it. However, I will never buy one that lights up and changes colours because you can't even have it playing when you try to nap or whatever because it is like a freaking RAVE all over the walls haha.

You should try that BlackBerry Speaker for 12 bucks (or whatever it is if you are in Canada). I've been happy with it. For the size, it's actually amazing. If you buy from Amazon, you can always return it if you don't like it.

The best Bluetooth speaker I have found Size VS Price VS Fidelity was the DBPOWER BX-900 10W Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker. Amazon blew these out for $7.99 last year. I bought three. They were $79 speakers when they first came out. BIG sound BUT, not nearly as small as the BlackBerry speaker. But if you are after big stereo sound out of a reasonably small box, it is for you. If you can find a deal on these somewhere, you should check them out.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    01-02-17 07:26 PM
    You should try that BlackBerry Speaker for 12 bucks (or whatever it is if you are in Canada). I've been happy with it. For the size, it's actually amazing. If you buy from Amazon, you can always return it if you don't like it.

The best Bluetooth speaker I have found Size VS Price VS Fidelity was the DBPOWER BX-900 10W Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker. Amazon blew these out for $7.99 last year. I bought three. They were $79 speakers when they first came out. BIG sound BUT, not nearly as small as the BlackBerry speaker. But if you are after big stereo sound out of a reasonably small box, it is for you. If you can find a deal on these somewhere, you should check them out.
    Cools. I did a demo with one of these at BestBuy and it was amazing! But over $129 Cdn now.

I do need to hit Amazon soon

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483407549.883548.jpg
    01-02-17 07:39 PM

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483407738.782072.jpg
    01-02-17 07:42 PM
    This is a good deal, i have seen them in Amazon for $200 Cdn. I got mine for free 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1483494153.380528.jpg

And with our New cellular and driving laws in Saskatchewan we can't even touch look at or manipulate cell phone even if it's mounted on a dash of a vehicle as of 3 days ago, so this is a must-have basically. (Also works with iPhone)
    01-03-17 07:43 PM
    Hi All,

Need some help.

Can you pls access fast.com from ur 9900 browser and confirm what speeds u r getting

Pls also share screenshots

Thanks in advance

Regards,
    Veera
    01-05-17 05:54 AM
8,754 ... 166167168169170 ...