Merry Christmas to all!!

From my 5+ year old 9930.

@blowers, welcome to the 9900 enthusiast's forum AND to Ralph's thread! The single best thread on the internet dedicated to the single most efficient communications tool to ever fit a single hand! Best part is... we all get to "Blame Ralph!" Haha.
    I'm going to have to go into hiding if suddenly everyone cannot use their Bolds for some reason......

and where are all these new Bold enthusiasts coming from? Certainly not complaining

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    12-25-16 09:17 PM
    Hi All,

Belated christmas wishes to all of u!

I have update on my 9900 mic issue..I did some R&D and found mic is working fine when I swich on speaker phone while talking..others can hear me without any issues when I'm on speaker

So I set volume to 25 in settings and speaking on speaker..no complaints from others

Pls let me know if this help u to understand my problem

And is there anyway that I can answer any call with speaker on bt default..
    12-26-16 04:11 AM
    Thank u so much
    But link is not opening on 9900
    Thank you so much , could install finally
    12-26-16 07:06 AM
    Cheers, yes I was fully prepared to "blame Ralph" if my phone didn't work, fortunately it's great, so thanks Ralph!
    12-26-16 04:12 PM
    Hey Littebuff, it was from eBay from a Hong Kong seller, I paid $120 Australian. The phone appeared to be brand new and unused, as advertised so I'm pretty happy with the price. I can send you the sellers details if your interested?
    12-26-16 04:14 PM
    Hey Littebuff, it was from eBay from a Hong Kong seller, I paid $120 Australian. The phone appeared to be brand new and unused, as advertised so I'm pretty happy with the price. I can send you the sellers details if your interested?
    Thanks for the tip. I guess I can do the search. Your white Bold does look great.

Posted from my  Passport
    12-27-16 03:53 AM
    Cheers, yes I was fully prepared to "blame Ralph" if my phone didn't work, fortunately it's great, so thanks Ralph!
    haha "whew"

12-27-16 01:40 PM

And is there anyway that I can answer any call with speaker on bt default..
    I was pretty sure I saw a box to check off somewhere that allowed all calls to be answered on Speaker but I took a look under in-call settings and couldnt find anything. I am sure I saw it somewhere and that it was NOT on my iphone.

Anyone??

12-27-16 01:46 PM
    some months ago I was on ebay and I recall seeing white ones for sale from Hong Kong advertized as "brand new" and they had an entire warehouse full of them.

I did post about it here in this thread and I believe the price was $75 Cdn. I think it was this summer.

I remember always wanting a classy white one and if I didn't have mine then I would have jumped on it. I cannot remember if that included shipping or not but I think it did.

Nice find.

12-27-16 01:50 PM
    I was pretty sure I saw a box to check off somewhere that allowed all calls to be answered on Speaker but I took a look under in-call settings and couldnt find anything. I am sure I saw it somewhere and that it was NOT on my iphone.

Anyone??

I seem to recall that option somewhere maybe back in 4.1-4.7 or 5 or 6 ?? Maybe even 7.0??? Idk. Not in 7.1, afaik. Several apps can make that happen tho, including Advance OS & LED, which I use... It does interfere with bluetooth handsfree default but can be set to include an option in menu for easy activate/de-activate. Also $ key still toggles speaker while connected.

I generally use that mode ALL of the time... Just don't like the idea of holding an RF source against my already troubled brain... Lol .
    12-28-16 07:13 AM
    I seem to recall that option somewhere maybe back in 4.1-4.7 or 5 or 6 ?? Maybe even 7.0??? Idk. Not in 7.1, afaik. Several apps can make that happen tho, including Advance OS & LED, which I use... It does interfere with bluetooth handsfree default but can be set to include an option in menu for easy activate/de-activate. Also $ key still toggles speaker while connected.

I generally use that mode ALL of the time... Just don't like the idea of holding an RF source against my already troubled brain... Lol .
    It had to be my 9780 running OS6, otherwise I am losing my mind.......no wait, that would only happen if I got a Sammy phone ^_^
    12-28-16 07:25 PM
    It had to be my 9780 running OS6, otherwise I am losing my mind.......no wait, that would only happen if I got a Sammy phone ^_^
    Haha... If you find your lost mind, let me know where you found it... Maybe my lost mind might be somewhere near... ??
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    12-28-16 11:13 PM

Dollar key working, but I realized speaker will be located on back side of the phone. When I'm outside, I can't hear what others are talking while I activated speaker
    12-30-16 07:06 AM
    Dollar key working, but I realized speaker will be located on back side of the phone. When I'm outside, I can't hear what others are talking while I activated speaker
    True, but most, if not al, of external speaker is audible to others if cranked up loud enough. So, to me, it does not matter where the speaker is located. 9900 speaker works well (loud enough) as the whole body, particularly the batter cover, seems to function as an echo chamber.
    Besides, in my case, when using speaker phone, I placed it flat on desktop etc. If you use speaker phone outside, it is audible to surroundings anyway. I am not worried about it.
    12-30-16 07:49 AM
    Interesting. I generally set speaker volume at full but some callers are far more easily heard & understood than others. Some get assigned a custom volume.

In our office, 9900's speakerphone is typically the loudest in a given group. I, also, frequently voice to ear 9900 in VERY noisy industrial environments. Best of the bunch, imo. You shouldn't have to switch to speaker just for normal conversation. Maybe a hardware problem?
    12-30-16 09:21 AM
    People tell me I sound louder and more clear to them on speaker mode than when I am using the earpiece. I just don't want others to hear what they are saying to me....

But yeah both are very loud and clear, and NEVER have I had any static whatsoever, it's flawless. Even if I am in a mall or someplace the tower is weak, it will just drop the call, no static.
    12-30-16 03:12 PM
    Interesting. I generally set speaker volume at full but some callers are far more easily heard & understood than others. Some get assigned a custom volume.

In our office, 9900's speakerphone is typically the loudest in a given group. I, also, frequently voice to ear 9900 in VERY noisy industrial environments. Best of the bunch, imo. You shouldn't have to switch to speaker just for normal conversation. Maybe a hardware problem?
    I have intentionally kept speaker volume to low so that others can't hear while I'm in call. The problem with this option is I can't hear outside clearly. If I set default call volume to high, in indoor others can hear

I tried advance os app and activated speaker on connect option but it is not working
    12-30-16 03:20 PM
    Update:

I have installed pro version and it works like charm.. U r genius
    12-30-16 03:43 PM
    just an observation, but everyone else on their Blackberries, do you see the avatars for posters in here? I see them all as "CB".....

glitch?

12-30-16 08:45 PM
    Update: NVM, I see them now. Just a weak wifi where I am and takes a while to load....

12-30-16 08:46 PM
    @Ralph....curious to know why you still se the 9900/30?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-16 12:42 AM
    @Ralph....curious to know why you still se the 9900/30?

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps a video will answer that question best

idssteve likes this.
    12-31-16 12:51 AM
    Update:

I have installed pro version and it works like charm.. U r genius
    Haha... Not really but the guy who dev'd Advance OS truly is mensa smart... AOS sure does a lot of things BB should have done. Almost OS7.2... Lol.

The $ sign still toggles Speaker when discrete is required. Typically, my coworkers are part of the call anyway so speaker stays on default. It would be quite surprising if any random person in public might decode our typical set of acronyms & engineering terminology but we treat NDAs seriously so... Some contacts & projects stay ear piece only.
    12-31-16 02:26 AM
    Haha... Not really but the guy who dev'd Advance OS truly is mensa smart... AOS sure does a lot of things BB should have done. Almost OS7.2... Lol.

The $ sign still toggles Speaker when discrete is required. Typically, my coworkers are part of the call anyway so speaker stays on default. It would be quite surprising if any random person in public might decode our typical set of acronyms & engineering terminology but we treat NDAs seriously so... Some contacts & projects stay ear piece only.
    Ya it is great app!

I thought it should not be possible. But you have advised me right app. Thanks
    12-31-16 02:57 PM
    Happy New Year guys and gals.

I have to admit, by NOW, 2017, I would have bet the ranch that my 9900 would be LONG GONE! Nope. I still have it on the business line, Bridged to my Playbook. I just CAN'T muster the will to get rid of it. I now have a new BlackBerry Passport and LOVE it much more than the 9900 for a daily driver, but for the office (and I should take a pic for you guys), it reigns supreme. You have to picture in your mind my desk, set up for perfection of office elegance and productivity as follows;

The 9900 in the Charging Cradle. The Playbook in the Charging Cradle. A Bluetooth either in my ear or the very cool BlackBerry Mini Bluetooth Speaker on the desk for speakerphone calls. Laptop front and center. That's the extent. Simple and elegant and highly productive for a Business Owner. I use the Playbook for emails and text and LInkedIn, and to manage calls via BlackBerry Bridge. BlackBerry Blend on my Passport Blended to my iPad just doesn't work as "Reliably". When portable, the 9900 just works better for raw communication in the field and it fits in my suit breast pocket so easily. And, for some odd reason, I just prefer managing business communications much more on my 9900 than I do on the Passport. I have no idea why. It just "IS" that way. My guess is when I'm really busy, the data flow through BIS via the 9900 makes a bit more intuitive sense to me at a core level than BB10 does.

I've got three new spare batteries, two charging stands (for the 9900 AND the Passport), plenty of screen protectors, a plethora of cases for both and travel chargers and cords, along with genuine BlackBerry accessories like Bluetooth speakers. One of the perks of a sunset product like the 9900 and the Playbook, accessories are DIRT CHEAP on Amazon. $11 for a BlackBerry Bluetooth Speaker? Why not get TWO?

I just can't let the 9900 go. I'm with ATT and only pay $50 a month for a BUSINESS LINE because it was my hardware I brought to them. Can't beat that. Unlimited calls/texts and 2 gig of data (plenty for a BIS phone like the 9900) for $50 a month. I don't know what to say. I still love the 9900. And I would have bet the damn ranch that by 2017 it would be a long gone relic of Technology Past.

I wonder if I'll be posting the same thing on New Years 2018? Or 19? 2020? We'll see.
    idssteve likes this.
    12-31-16 08:12 PM
8,754 ... 165166167168169 ...