Wow! Haven't find the manufacturing date, yet, but i did the BUYR trick and found that it does have been lightly used, ~50hrs talk time and ~70MB of data usage, that's almost new!
    I have searched the net and in here and I don't think we can get any numbers off the sticker where the battery goes for the 9900's date. I did have the box for my 9780 and the DOM was clearly shown.
    12-18-16 12:34 AM
    Wow! Haven't find the manufacturing date, yet, but i did the BUYR trick and found that it does have been lightly used, ~50hrs talk time and ~70MB of data usage, that's almost new!
    As far as I remember from our local BlackBerry forum in my country from guys who have very good software and hardware knowledge about BlackBerry I would not believe in this information. I mean ~50hrs talking. I remember that this number can be reset by factory reset by BBSAK.
    12-18-16 06:29 AM
    So this is tricky, 13 full days I am assuming.....
    Right, 24*13 about ~312hrs

I remember that this number can be reset by factory reset by BBSAK.
    You could be right, I do not know, from what I found that numbers is 'hard written' in device and cant be reset by consumer available tool, its for BB/RIM that count the device used talk time / data transfered for factory warranty claims. I do wipe, nuke then reload OS & factory reset (delete IT policies if any) and the number still there, maybe it could be modded via hexadecimal something directly on device? I do not know, but thanks for the info
    12-18-16 07:41 AM
    Just reading through some of the posts and it's easy to see how much love there is for the 9900,im tempted to give it another go but having had 3 in the past (all 2nd hand) with the cursed double typing it kind of puts me off,i know some people have replaced there keyboards but having messed up my previous bold I'm reluctant to try it again but I really want to give the phone another whirl.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 08:37 AM
    Just reading through some of the posts and it's easy to see how much love there is for the 9900,im tempted to give it another go but having had 3 in the past (all 2nd hand) with the cursed double typing it kind of puts me off,i know some people have replaced there keyboards but having messed up my previous bold I'm reluctant to try it again but I really want to give the phone another whirl.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the issue is software. It was a software issue that cured double typing on my 9780, I never had to install the KB membrane that I had bought because I was getting fed up.

So far my 9900 overall has been pretty reliable, just a new KB and a blown ear speaker but I will gladly fix that because this is a phone you can use if you are walking in heavy traffic on the street and still hear the person talking to you. Not so with my iPhone even at max volume it is about 30% quieter than the 9900.

I think these things have a loud volume because there are designed to be used in a trading house where everybody shouting and screaming at the top of their lungs etc.

I took a chance when I bought it because I went through three camera modules on my new 9780 back in 2011 and that thing was only three months old when the first module failed. The 9900s camera I had doubts about but it has been perfect and it's been months now since any issues and I'm pretty impressed.
    12-18-16 11:12 AM
    Maybe the issue is software. It was a software issue that cured double typing on my 9780, I never had to install the KB membrane that I had bought because I was getting fed up.

So far my 9900 overall has been pretty reliable, just a new KB and a blown ear speaker but I will gladly fix that because this is a phone you can use if you are walking in heavy traffic on the street and still hear the person talking to you. Not so with my iPhone even at max volume it is about 30% quieter than the 9900.

I think these things have a loud volume because there are designed to be used in a trading house where everybody shouting and screaming at the top of their lungs etc.

I took a chance when I bought it because I went through three camera modules on my new 9780 back in 2011 and that thing was only three months old when the first module failed. The 9900s camera I had doubts about but it has been perfect and it's been months now since any issues and I'm pretty impressed.
    Software updates was never something I looked at to be honest I just took them back to where I bought them,but I've always wanted to own the 9900 since it first came out and I let a pushy sales woman talk me into getting a nokia instead,so yeah I'm going to search on ebay and take another chance and this time hopefully I can finally get my phone after all these years.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-16 11:42 AM
    Right, 24*13 about ~312hrs
    Mine voice usage says: 3:10:44:09, and I don't know hom much is it?
    12-19-16 12:03 AM
    Does anyone else hear a very minute high pitched whistling sound when their battery is charging?
    Dude, I told you that hooch you picked up over in Moose Jaw was mostly anti-freeze.

anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-19-16 12:02 PM
    Dude, I told you that hooch you picked up over in Moose Jaw was mostly anti-freeze.

It's kind of funny you mentioning anti-freeze, on Friday I had to spend $1000 right before Christmas because my water pump gave out and a rad hose busted. I'm just happy it didn't happen on the 3 1/2 hour drive home that I will be taking. And tomorrow they're going to put on the other hose I paid for blah

See Americans can't find Canada on a map but at least you know where Moose Jaw is ;-) just buggin'

But actually Americans should know that Moose Jaw is where Al Capone had his bootleg whiskey made for him during Prohibition and the famous tunnels in Moose jaw can still be toured apparently.

Now I'm hoping when I get back to my hometown after Christmas I'm going to put the Sim card back in the 9900 and if I switch back to the iPhone eventually and then come back to the 9900 I hope I don't lose whatsapp forever.
    12-19-16 11:29 PM
    Mine voice usage says: 3:10:44:09, and I don't know hom much is it?
    That's only three days and that may as well be a brand-new device!
    12-19-16 11:31 PM
    But actually Americans should know that Moose Jaw is where Al Capone had his bootleg whiskey made for him during Prohibition and the famous tunnels in Moose jaw can still be toured apparently.
    Cousins of the Capone tunnels make an appearance in Neal Stephenson's great book, "Reamde," in which the main character has a shady past as a dope smuggler.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-20-16 10:04 AM
    Hey guys merry Christmas to everyone I'm getting ready to travel but I'll be around anyway I saw this in the newspaper today no idea what it's about I didn't have time to read it�9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1482366410.209603.jpg
    12-21-16 06:27 PM
    I have installed hybrid os RC6 on 9900 but I didn't observe any difference
    12-22-16 07:57 AM
    Well, its all about getting the best of many OS and repacking then in one OS. It *could* bring better signal reception, more battery life, faster OS loads and/or performance...

I say *could* as some may say its a placebo effect and that hybrids do nothing, I do think some if there're measurable benefits then it does work...

We have not more OS updates, so all we have is to play with the many versions we have available...
    I have installed RC6 hybrid didn't find any difference..do we have changelog where we can find the changes done in RC6
    12-22-16 08:07 AM
    I have installed RC6 hybrid didn't find any difference..do we have changelog where we can find the changes done in RC6
    Well, I dont think theres an changelog, just check their thread, also I think RC22 is the latest version available...

Hybrids are different experience between user and devices. Maybe you dont notice differences at first, thats why some recommend to do a measurable assesment, I mean to take logs from unmodded OS with an app like 'meterberry' (if i recall the name) then experiment with the hybrid and compare the logs... Thats how its done I cant say 'it will give more battery life between charging cycles' if I dont measure it...

Happy holidays everybody
    12-23-16 09:10 PM
    I have to say this is a majorly busy time for taking pics and needing to get them up quickly to Facebook. I'm going to have to test if this ability was taken away in the Native FB app? Does anyone know offhand? One time I tried some months ago and I had some issue. One of the great features of the app was being able to "check off" multiple pics for quick transference to FB.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    12-23-16 11:21 PM
    Facebook Update:

If you try to upload multiple pics directly from the 9900's photo album and check them all off, it will only upload one. I think there was another way, like going to the FB app and uploading them directly to the wall......

nope its just one at a time from what I can tell.

and then yet another way was going to the Browser version of Facebook but cannot remember if you can do the "checkoff all" and do a mass upload.

If you're using Facebook on the 9900 how are you doing things, in general?

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    12-23-16 11:30 PM
    Merry Christmas Boldies!
    12-24-16 07:30 PM
    Merry Christmas to all the Bold Ones!

Oh, rats... I guess I shoulda fired up the 9900 to do that, but... You guys all know I love that beastie!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-24-16 08:36 PM
    Merry Christmas all, so after a few months of lurking, here is my new white bold. First thoughts, its lovely, fits the hand well, easy to type on, the screen is great. It's up and running with no real problems, just one restart while I was trying to bbm, and the ap news app isn't working.
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_0258.jpg  
    12-25-16 01:20 AM
    Merry Christmas all, so after a few months of lurking, here is my new white bold. First thoughts, its lovely, fits the hand well, easy to type on, the screen is great. It's up and running with no real problems, just one restart while I was trying to bbm, and the ap news app isn't working.
    Sweet! And yeah my AP hasn't worked in a couple weeks. I figured it had something to do with the sim being out of the 9900 but that pretty much confirms it.

Do you know of any other good functional news apps? I guess the browser versions work ok for some....
    12-25-16 02:01 AM
    Hey Ralph, no I don't, in my dark days with apple I used BBC news and Al Jazeera. I'm open to suggestions though, or else, as you say, just use the browser.
    12-25-16 04:17 AM
    Merry Christmas to all!!

From my 5+ year old 9930.

@blowers, welcome to the 9900 enthusiast's forum AND to Ralph's thread! The single best thread on the internet dedicated to the single most efficient communications tool to ever fit a single hand! Best part is... we all get to "Blame Ralph!" Haha.
    rayporsche and David Tyler like this.
    12-25-16 05:26 AM
    Merry Christmas to all!!

From my 5+ year old 9930.

@blowers, welcome to the 9900 enthusiast's forum AND to Ralph's thread! The single best thread on the internet dedicated to the single most efficient communications tool to ever fit a single hand! Best part is... we all get to "Blame Ralph!" Haha.
    Same to you and your loved ones !!
    idssteve likes this.
    12-25-16 06:28 AM
    Could you give me a hint of where to look for one of this lovely white bold and the price range please? I need a replacement mine.
    The few new white bolds on eBay all come in boxes and labels not original for Blackberry nor the relative carriers, which say refurbished for me.

Posted from my  Passport
    12-25-16 08:36 AM
8,754 ... 164165166167168 ...