Holy hell, people! What's happened? No posts in two days?

Can't let that happen :P
    I'm also busy working out the issues with the new iOS 10.2 update, look at how the notifs in this screenshot have 2 different sizes of text now.....(not great when it's smaller text and you wear contacts, I have to hold the iPhone at full arms length to read it. Not very consistent on Apple's part.

Never had an issue like that with any of my Blackberrys
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1481778444.082814.jpg
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 12-15-16 at 03:48 AM.
    12-14-16 11:08 PM
    wow, im receiving facebook chat notifications from FB app from my online friends even after app is closed

but not receiving notification when any message is sent by offline friends

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-15-16 07:57 AM
    wow, im receiving facebook chat notifications from FB app from my online friends even after app is closed

but not receiving notification when any message is sent by offline friends

I think that's just how it is sometimes, just check it whenever you can, we can't always have our cake and eat it too apparently ;-)
    12-15-16 10:03 AM
    Lol buddy. Everyone is Christmas shopping and just wait until I pop that sim in the 99 again and you will see ACTIVITY
    Hello, I do read this thread any other day. Just will update my 99 status: discovered that the 1st one I got from auction site was from US T-Mobile network, so restricted on 2G bands for any other local carrier and not 'all bands unlocked' as offered in description. (I will sell it, anyone interested just pm me)

Now I got the 2nd one, good contition, from AT&T, all bands unlocked, so I got 3G&4G(H+) on local carrier and on another carrier I'm trying on a prepaid plan. (also will try to sell it locally, but anyone interested, just send me a message).

Also got other two 99s, one with a broken screen, other with damaged IC power, I will join them to make a useful one...

Then I found another 99 from the auction site in *mint* almost new condition, and for the agreed price, I can't resist, the deal, then bought it and still waiting for it to arrive.

Also, I cleaned the BB drawer, sent to recycling an early Curve 8XXX, a Pearl 9100, and two Torch, (1) 9800 & (1) 9810. All had one or other issues, so I got rid of them to bring on newer devices.

Then I'm working on an hybrid OS for non-bis 99s.

We will see soon
    mushroom_daddy and idssteve like this.
    12-15-16 06:52 PM
    Hello, I do read this thread any other day. Just will update my 99 status: discovered that the 1st one I got from auction site was from US T-Mobile network, so restricted on 2G bands for any other local carrier and not 'all bands unlocked' as offered in description. (I will sell it, anyone interested just pm me)

Now I got the 2nd one, good contition, from AT&T, all bands unlocked, so I got 3G&4G(H+) on local carrier and on another carrier I'm trying on a prepaid plan. (also will try to sell it locally, but anyone interested, just send me a message).

Also got other two 99s, one with a broken screen, other with damaged IC power, I will join them to make a useful one...

Then I found another 99 from the auction site in *mint* almost new condition, and for the agreed price, I can't resist, the deal, then bought it and still waiting for it to arrive.

Also, I cleaned the BB drawer, sent to recycling an early Curve 8XXX, a Pearl 9100, and two Torch, (1) 9800 & (1) 9810. All had one or other issues, so I got rid of them to bring on newer devices.

Then I'm working on an hybrid OS for non-bis 99s.

We will see soon
    What is use of hybrid OS? If there are any real benefits, I can also try
    12-16-16 07:35 AM
    HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA it wouldn't surprise me if that actually WAS IN a Michael Moore movie!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!

Well, no joke. That was in one of his documentaries. He just walked right in someone's house.
    And no, it probably wasn't set up. It wasn't that long ago here in one of Canada's biggest cities we all routinely left our doors unlocked when we were home. Things have changed a bit now, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was still common in the burbs.

Weird that's the home of BlackBerry with all that security, eh?
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    12-16-16 04:16 PM
    Well, no joke. That was in one of his documentaries. He just walked right in someone's house.
    And no, it probably wasn't set up. It wasn't that long ago here in one of Canada's biggest cities we all routinely left our doors unlocked when we were home. Things have changed a bit now, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was still common in the burbs.

I left my truck unlocked until last year when some characters stole it in the middle of the night. I got it back, but I started locking it afterward. I wish I didn't have to.
    12-16-16 08:48 PM
    Regarding locks, I do read other things about security and found interesting the quote I found in many literature about the subject: "we do lock things to keep honest people honest", think about it, so if there weren't dishonest people, locks doesn't have to exist...
    12-16-16 09:28 PM
    Does anyone else hear a very minute high pitched whistling sound when their battery is charging? But you have to be in a quiet room or really be paying attention.....

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    12-16-16 09:30 PM
    What is use of hybrid OS? If there are any real benefits, I can also try
    Well, its all about getting the best of many OS and repacking then in one OS. It *could* bring better signal reception, more battery life, faster OS loads and/or performance...

I say *could* as some may say its a placebo effect and that hybrids do nothing, I do think some if there're measurable benefits then it does work...

We have not more OS updates, so all we have is to play with the many versions we have available...
    12-16-16 09:34 PM
    Does anyone else hear a very minute high pitched whistling sound when their battery is charging? But you have to be in a quiet room or really be paying attention.....

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    I think I had hear it, right from the batt charging, but I do not know of its the crickets outside or my tinnitus?
    12-16-16 09:40 PM
    I think I had hear it, right from the batt charging, but I do not know of its the crickets outside or my tinnitus?
    Ha ha Yep that's it it comes from the charger module but probably not many people notice we have superman hearing.
    12-16-16 09:55 PM
    Thank u so much
    But link is not opening on 9900
    After reading this a few days ago i realized what the Go Online option meant which i had never selected before in the app, so i pressed it and now i've been using the FB Chat in the app, this is amazing i'm so glad this part of the app is still working.

anon(9721108) likes this.
    12-17-16 04:12 AM
    Here are a couple more suggestions that people seem to be talking about...

Maybe an update would solve the problem, if not you might need to put a new mic in it.

I would take off the bottom plate below the space bar and see how much dust is near the mic. The plate is glued on but just go slowly and don't break it.

Attachment 414131Attachment 414132
    Just want to update

If I keep mike near my mouth while talking, others can hear very clearly

Will it be mike problem?
    12-17-16 05:00 AM
    Just want to update

If I keep mike near my mouth while talking, others can hear very clearly

Will it be mike problem?
    Hmm, generally if the other party is complaining they can't hear I try to identify what they mean by that...

Do they mean the sound is "mushy & garbled"?

Or is the volume too weak??

Or are parts of the words or sentences cut off??? If so, is it missing the first part? Or the last part??

My sister has a low end android of some kind that exhibits all three issues above. Lol. It truly sounds like she dropped the thing into a bucket of molasses! Lol. She claims everything sounds fine on her end. Go figure.

Local systems wreak havoc, sometimes. Weak signal out here at a REMOTE job site makes our Att stuff virtually useless. What calls get thru accompany complaints of "weak & garbled". Our Verizon stuff is flawless at the job site but miserable at the motel, 10 miles away, where echo feeds my own words back to my own ear, about two seconds later. Lol. The other party, on our office land line, complains of missing the last half of the sentence... Calling them on cell works flawlessly, tho. Also calling my wife, or daughter, on their land lines, less that 15 miles from the "echo chamber" work phone, works flawlessly from the motel. No obvious rhyme. No obvious reason. Lol.

I guess my question is, can you travel to get on a different tower & try it??
    12-17-16 07:12 AM
    Ha ha Yep that's it it comes from the charger module but probably not many people notice we have superman hearing.
    You should hear two dozen of the things on a table!! Lol.
    12-17-16 07:16 AM
    Well, its all about getting the best of many OS and repacking then in one OS. It *could* bring better signal reception, more battery life, faster OS loads and/or performance...

I say *could* as some may say its a placebo effect and that hybrids do nothing, I do think some if there're measurable benefits then it does work...

We have not more OS updates, so all we have is to play with the many versions we have available...
    +1 for hybrids!
    12-17-16 07:19 AM
    Regarding locks, I do read other things about security and found interesting the quote I found in many literature about the subject: "we do lock things to keep honest people honest", think about it, so if there weren't dishonest people, locks doesn't have to exist...
    A little old fashioned decency makes life SO much more efficient!
    12-17-16 07:24 AM

I grew up in the mid west country side. Doors were never locked. Keys were always in the car. Still that way. It's clearly understood, tho, that "walking right in to someone's house" might net you a critical case of lead poisoning!!
    12-17-16 07:35 AM
    Hmm, generally if the other party is complaining they can't hear I try to identify what they mean by that...

Do they mean the sound is "mushy & garbled"?

Or is the volume too weak??

Or are parts of the words or sentences cut off??? If so, is it missing the first part? Or the last part??

My sister has a low end android of some kind that exhibits all three issues above. Lol. It truly sounds like she dropped the thing into a bucket of molasses! Lol. She claims everything sounds fine on her end. Go figure.

Local systems wreak havoc, sometimes. Weak signal out here at a REMOTE job site makes our Att stuff virtually useless. What calls get thru accompany complaints of "weak & garbled". Our Verizon stuff is flawless at the job site but miserable at the motel, 10 miles away, where echo feeds my own words back to my own ear, about two seconds later. Lol. The other party, on our office land line, complains of missing the last half of the sentence... Calling them on cell works flawlessly, tho. Also calling my wife, or daughter, on their land lines, less that 15 miles from the "echo chamber" work phone, works flawlessly from the motel. No obvious rhyme. No obvious reason. Lol.

I guess my question is, can you travel to get on a different tower & try it??
    Thanks, useful post, will try those options
    12-17-16 07:51 AM
    You should hear two dozen of the things on a table!! Lol.
    So it looks like I wasn't imagining things after all :-)
    12-17-16 11:43 AM
    Power conversion & voltage regulation typically generate "noise" of some kind. In countless ways thru countless mechanisms. Audible or inaudible frequently depends on the listener and/or engineering criteria.

Here's another thing we've noticed in low humidity (<30%) environments, gently run your finger around the metal frame bezel while 99 is in charging cradle... That "vibration" ceases when removed from cradle or screen is touched by bare finger... Ponder that one for a while... Lol.
    12-17-16 12:18 PM
    Here I got something, other than the box, how do I know the device manufacturing date? I mean, cause today I received the 'mint' 99 I was expecting to arrive, it does look new condition, no wear or noticeable scratches, do check batt manufacture date, 02/2016 (real? batt can be newer than the device) I want to know if its a factory refurb or a late release unit.
    12-17-16 09:28 PM
    today I received the 'mint' 99 I was expecting to arrive, it does look new condition, no wear or noticeable scratches.
    Wow! Haven't find the manufacturing date, yet, but i did the BUYR trick and found that it does have been lightly used, ~50hrs talk time and ~70MB of data usage, that's almost new!
    12-17-16 11:18 PM
    Wow! Haven't find the manufacturing date, yet, but i did the BUYR trick and found that it does have been lightly used, ~50hrs talk time and ~70MB of data usage, that's almost new!
    That's barely used! I do about 300 hours a month.

So this is tricky, 13 full days I am assuming.....9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1482042719.566711.jpg
    12-18-16 12:32 AM
8,754 ... 163164165166167 ...