M maybe if you have a new sealed in box 9900 it will be worth as much as the original iPhone too.....

http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.EwX5K
    12-10-16 10:39 PM
    Getting a registry issue on my AP News app. Anyone else?

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    12-10-16 10:45 PM
    Do u mean u receive notifications from browser version?
    OK I left my BlackBerry on by accident for two hours and I'm getting all the Facebook notifications even though I'm not online right now ( with the app)
    12-10-16 11:57 PM
    OK I left my BlackBerry on by accident for two hours and I'm getting all the Facebook notifications even though I'm not online right now ( with the app)

So is it spitting out notifications sometimes but not at other times?
    12-11-16 12:27 AM
    It sure is right now, I'm typing this on my iPhone right now but my BlackBerry is turned on on the coffee table and one of my friends is messaging me on Facebook and I get the notification on the iPhone and the BlackBerry through the Facebook app on the 9900 even though I am not online with the 99.

But I noticed before when I just have the Sim card in the 9900, if I went off-line I wouldn't get notifications on the Facebook app but maybe that's because it went to the iPad, I don't know it's weird. If that's the case I shouldn't be getting notifications with the Sim card out of the 9900 like it is right now but I am.

So let's just assume that it works ha ha
    12-11-16 12:33 AM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1481438141.056373.jpg

I'm getting Facebook notifications and this is all I have open right now
    12-11-16 12:36 AM
    Spitting them out all the time now that my phone is turned on�
    I don't bother setting the date since the Sim isn't in it, that sets automatically with the Sim...

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1481438646.530664.jpg
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 12-11-16 at 12:59 AM.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-11-16 12:44 AM
    Fine print in some NDAs mentions facebook... No one in my company touches anything facebook.
    Here's a link to the New York Times article touting Signal in particular and privacy in messaging in general:

http://nyti.ms/2hjyVVo

"The only information Signal stores about users in its database is the last time someone connected to its server and when a person signed up for Signal. Other messaging apps maintain pieces of personal data on their servers.

By contrast, while WhatsApp enables Signal’s full encryption by default in messages, there are caveats. WhatsApp may retain some so-called meta data on conversations, including the phone numbers used in an exchange and the times that the messages were sent, according to the company’s privacy policy. WhatsApp also regularly accesses your phone number and contacts list, so the app can provide an up-to-date list of your contacts who use its service to make it easier to message them."

BBM Protected, which is what I use, was not mentioned -- but it has all the features of Signal and more; and from what I read, seems farther along and more stable.

Like BBM, though, "Probably the biggest thing missing from Signal will be many of your friends. The app isn’t as popular among consumers as other mainstream messaging apps, so hanging out on Signal can feel lonely. So if you care about your privacy, other than installing Signal today, you should nag everyone you know to join the service, too."

-- which is pretty much what I do. If you want to message me, I'm on BBM.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Last edited by David Tyler; 12-11-16 at 11:43 AM.
    idssteve likes this.
    12-11-16 06:37 AM
    I don't expect there to be privacy, there never was. This new guy in the US wants Backdoors to everything according to the tech news sites so expect it to get even more intrusive, and for the entire world as well. Everyone spies on everyone now, even at the country levels. I remember a couple years ago Brazil was furious the US was spying on them yet they had a book on the US that was even thicker, at some world meeting.

I'm not a criminal so I don't really care but it's not like we can do much about it. It's just how it is.

Here is an example, in just the last week or last 10 days I have noticed how much deeper Facebook has dug into my phones contacts. Under the "People you may know" suggestions I now saw my eye doctor. Facebook found his personal FB page complete with his wife's pics and everything. I do not even have him by name in my contacts, I simply have the name of the Eye care business as a contact in my phone. But Facebook somehow dug deeper and actually KNEW which of the 4 eye doctors located there, was MY doctor.

So I think this is to be expected this day in age. People like myself have been on Facebook since 2007 and it was a natural evolutionary step from MySpace. But if you want to see what your friends are doing, where they are going, what movie they are watching, their vacation pics, Facebook has us hooked, and it's "cool" to be on social media. There we are.

I always tease a friend of mine who refuses to get a Facebook page that HE is the one "they" are probably watching because he is the only one not on Facebook
    12-11-16 12:06 PM
    I don't expect there to be privacy, there never was.
    I'm not a criminal so I don't really care but it's not like we can do much about it. It's just how it is.
    Respectfully, whether you're a criminal or not isn't the point. Surveillance is de facto censorship. "There's not much you can do about it" is what Google, Facebook, and the NSA _want_ you to think -- and it's simply not true.

Here is an example, in just the last week or last 10 days I have noticed how much deeper Facebook has dug into my phones contacts.
    Ralph -- that's like telling me you got robbed because you left your front door unlocked and your windows open while you went to the movies -- but that's what everyone else does on your block, so I should do it, too! HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

But if you want to see what your friends are doing, where they are going, what movie they are watching, their vacation pics, Facebook has us hooked, and it's "cool" to be on social media.
    There's where we differ: I simply _couldn't care less_ what everyone else is doing, and I simply assume that if my friends actually want to know what I'm up to, they'll ask me.

If you asked any of my progeny what I think of "what everyone else is doing" or social media in general, you'll get an ear full!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-11-16 12:56 PM
    Respectfully, whether you're a criminal or not isn't the point. Surveillance is de facto censorship. "There's not much you can do about it" is what Google, Facebook, and the NSA _want_ you to think -- and it's simply not true.

Ralph -- that's like telling me you got robbed because you left your front door unlocked and your windows open while you went to the movies -- but that's what everyone else does on your block, so I should do it, too! HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

There's where we differ: I simply _couldn't care less_ what everyone else is doing, and I simply assume that if my friends actually want to know what I'm up to, they'll ask me.

If you asked any of my progeny what I think of "what everyone else is doing" or social media in general, you'll get an ear full!

OK what are we supposed to do about it. There's no such thing as security because the government can get anything they want. That's why I like apple they didn't want to give up the codes on that iPhone for the San Bernardino shooting and you'll notice They never released anything they found because there was obviously NOTHING on that phone. Anyone with half a brain knew that they wouldn't leave any pertinent information on that phone, but my point is you see how serious the government was about getting that information if they wanted to they would. But at least Apple stuck to their guns, then the FBI hired some kids and they hacked it anyway.

So tell me again what we're supposed to do about privacy? If you're on the Internet nothing is safe I don't do phone banking on the Internet nor would I.

But a lot of people need to feel like they're in control but being on the Internet is like driving a car with no steering wheel, no no one is safe.

Some of this of been on Facebook for so many years there really is no difference if I stopped right now anyway, nor do I want to. I said I like social networks and I have nothing to hide.

So yes I would say if one is a criminal or into some illegal activity, they would have a lot more to worry about than any of us just using Facebook.
    That El Chapo or whoever that Mexican criminal thought that he was safe by using a BlackBerry, all they did was track Sean Penn's cell phone because The government knew he was going to have a meeting with him, as far as I understood it. So I mean there's always a way to get something if somebody wants something.

I think it's fine to be on Facebook but people never learn how to set up their privacy of their albums the privacy of their wall in the privacy of their statuses on their wall. All of that can be controlled. And it's usually the ones That don't know how to control it that complains about privacy. I got my FB locked down pretty good but I'm not kidding myself that if someone wanted information they will get it.
    12-11-16 01:28 PM
    David I got to BBM you I got a story to tell you
    12-11-16 01:39 PM
    Of course I do wish there was security, but I think ever since things like the patriot act came around and stuff like that that people can pretty much forget about it. Do you remember when the patriot Act came out there were FBI guys caught abusing the privileges of listening and they were listening to their ex-wives phone conversations LOL. So they were abusing the power basically.

I just think that every day there's less and less privacy and yes that is a bad thing in the end.
    12-11-16 01:46 PM

Ralph -- that's like telling me you got robbed because you left your front door unlocked and your windows open while you went to the movies -- but that's what everyone else does on your block, so I should do it, too! !
    Haven't you heard, according to the Michael Moore movie I saw all Canadians leave their doors unlocked ;-)

Which is actually very far from the truth. We lock our doors because a bear might break in ;-)
    12-11-16 01:53 PM
    Am I getting this because I am not using it with the Sim right now?....

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1481486562.828585.jpg
    12-11-16 02:02 PM
    Haven't you heard, according to the Michael Moore movie I saw all Canadians leave their doors unlocked ;-)
    HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA it wouldn't surprise me if that actually WAS IN a Michael Moore movie!

12-11-16 04:31 PM
    OK what are we supposed to do about it. There's no such thing as security because the government can get anything they want. That's why I like apple they didn't want to give up the codes on that iPhone for the San Bernardino shooting and you'll notice They never released anything they found because there was obviously NOTHING on that phone. Anyone with half a brain knew that they wouldn't leave any pertinent information on that phone,
    EXACTLY, Ralph. There are two answers to the question, "OK, what are we supposed to do about it?" in what you wrote:

1. Learn about the policies and practices of the various companies, like Apple. That kind of investigating is why you like Apple, and why I use BBM Protected and don't mess with Facebook and have my gmail privacy settings maxed out and only use gmail for junk correspondence -- it's the email address I use to purchase crap on-line, and I don't have any contact info on the account, and I never use it for communication.

2. Be smart with your information. There are certain practices from which "anyone with half a brain" steers well clear. For instance, we don't use public wi-fi unless we're on a VPN.

Some of this of been on Facebook for so many years there really is no difference if I stopped right now anyway, nor do I want to. I said I like social networks and I have nothing to hide.
    Sure; that's a value judgment: You've decided being on Facebook is worth turning over your personal information to them -- fair enough. Far be it from me to tell you you're "wrong." That's different, though, than trying to make the case that "there's nothing to be done." Obviously, there _is_, even from your point of view, since you wrote that you max out Facebook's privacy settings (which may keep you safe from malicious stalkers, but not Facebook itself).

12-11-16 04:58 PM
    HAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA it wouldn't surprise me if that actually WAS IN a Michael Moore movie!

Yeah it's actually pretty funny I'll find the link later.

I was talking with a friend of mine in England tonight and she showed me a screenshot of something and it said VPN on the top left of her iPhone and asked her what that was and it something to do with creating a profile and it's some sort of secure line where it's encrypted end to end. Do you know about this?
    12-11-16 07:18 PM
    Hi All

I'm still using 9900 as my primary phone since I bought already used phone

Some of the keys needs hard press while typing unless I have forcefully pressed keyboard across all the corners. Now keyboard is working like a brand new keyboard Looks like my phone was kept aside by seller without using it for months

I'm having other issue now. When I talk on phone, others are complaining they can't hear me properly. I believe this can be fixed easily without replacing mike. But I'm not sure where mike sits and how I can clear the dust on it

Pls help
    12-12-16 08:08 AM
    Hi All

I'm still using 9900 as my primary phone since I bought already used phone

Some of the keys needs hard press while typing unless I have forcefully pressed keyboard across all the corners. Now keyboard is working like a brand new keyboard Looks like my phone was kept aside by seller without using it for months

I'm having other issue now. When I talk on phone, others are complaining they can't hear me properly. I believe this can be fixed easily without replacing mike. But I'm not sure where mike sits and how I can clear the dust on it

Pls help
    Just curious what is the signal strength where you are when you're talking to friends and they can't hear you well? I was thinking about the antenna connection maybe a little loose but that's more for signal strength so like you said could be dust or you might have to get a new speaker installed.

I had to get a new earpiece speaker on mine it cost $29, and I certainly knew when it blew because sound was just terrible
    12-12-16 10:18 AM
    Just curious what is the signal strength where you are when you're talking to friends and they can't hear you well? I was thinking about the antenna connection maybe a little loose but that's more for signal strength so like you said could be dust or you might have to get a new speaker installed.

I had to get a new earpiece speaker on mine it cost $29, and I certainly knew when it blew because sound was just terrible
    I can very clearly hear my friends but my friends can't hear me clearly

Signal strength is not very good. I think this is where problem lies. On other phone, I could get up to 4 bars of signal strength but with this phone I could get only 3 bars of signal strength
    12-12-16 11:15 AM

Signal strength is not very good. I think this is where problem lies. On other phone, I could get up to 4 bars of signal strength but with this phone I could get only 3 bars of signal strength
    Someone else was talking about this...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-...me/td-p/323836
    12-12-16 03:29 PM

Here are a couple more suggestions that people seem to be talking about...

Maybe an update would solve the problem, if not you might need to put a new mic in it.

I would take off the bottom plate below the space bar and see how much dust is near the mic. The plate is glued on but just go slowly and don't break it.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1481578519.143386.jpg9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1481578530.339000.jpg
    12-12-16 03:36 PM
    Holy hell, people! What's happened? No posts in two days?

Can't let that happen :P
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    12-14-16 10:58 PM
    Holy hell, people! What's happened? No posts in two days?

Can't let that happen :P
    Lol buddy. Everyone is Christmas shopping and just wait until I pop that sim in the 99 again and you will see ACTIVITY
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-14-16 11:03 PM
8,754 ... 162163164165166 ...