and if you want to remain in communication with certain groups of people, you need to buy the hardware / software.
    Nailed it! This also causes a problem for when I really want to use the Blackberry again but a couple friends insist you stay in Snapchat, etc.

I have that terrible "split feeling" again and I know I must because I need to reactivate my Whatsapp or I might lost it.

Is there any word on this December deadline to reactivate? Any news of changes?

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    12-01-16 03:43 PM
    Nailed it! This also causes a problem for when I really want to use the Blackberry again but a couple friends insist you stay in Snapchat, etc.

I have that terrible "split feeling" again and I know I must because I need to reactivate my Whatsapp or I might lost it.

Is there any word on this December deadline to reactivate? Any news of changes?

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    I'm assuming that you have whatsapp installed on the iPhone too? if your whatsapp account is the same number and is active i'm sure that the account will be seen as a frequently used one and given more precedent over somebody who doesn't use whatsapp so much, i have been an active blackberry whatsapp user since late 2010, in fact it's been 6 years of me using this app nearly everyday, they better give me precedent haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-01-16 03:50 PM
    Well Whatsapp did announce they extended until June of next year i believe. It is the only way I can talk with my Haitian friends. I'm not sure what I will do. I will cross that bridge in June.

anon(9721108) likes this.
    12-01-16 06:51 PM
    I'm assuming that you have whatsapp installed on the iPhone too? if your whatsapp account is the same number and is active i'm sure that the account will be seen as a frequently used one and given more precedent over somebody who doesn't use whatsapp so much, i have been an active blackberry whatsapp user since late 2010, in fact it's been 6 years of me using this app nearly everyday, they better give me precedent haha

Yes I do have it on the iPhone and I never thought about that. But I hope you are right. I'm willing to bet though, that they will still require a log in on the BB to verify it for that device so they can register it to e allowed to work. Just a thought.

Why they even have to pin a deadline on us for this is beyond me. Just keep the option open until June, why deadline the registration process blah
    12-01-16 08:21 PM
    Well Whatsapp did announce they extended until June of next year i believe. It is the only way I can talk with my Haitian friends. I'm not sure what I will do. I will cross that bridge in June.

I actually wish the features of whatsapp (sending voice clips, pics, etc) was in the FB native browser's messaging section.
    12-01-16 08:23 PM
    Yeah, the first thing came to my mind, looking at this pic, was the poster tried to take photos of image on mirror (selfie? :-), but the infamous 9900 auto focus was not quite up to the task for closeup photo, let alone having a difficulty to focus on false depth in mirror :-)
    At first I thought it looked like a 9780 because it looked smaller and if I didn't see the chrome stainless steel on the top I still would be thinking this.
    12-01-16 08:32 PM
    can anybody pls send me OTA of working facebook

Success? Now remember to NOT ever update FB from app world or you will have to install the old version again. Not a biggie tho, it only takes about a minute
    12-01-16 08:34 PM
    Has anyone downloaded/bought F10 facebook app in the App World? I wonder if it still works with messaging?

12-01-16 08:36 PM
    I have earlier used 9790 and now I have started using 9900 since two days

I would like to highlight the differences

1. 9790 hangs at least once in a day and battery pull is required but 9900 never hanged

2. 9790 battery performance is not good but 9900 performance was very good and also better than q10. 9790 lasts for 8 hrs with moderate use but 9900 lasts for more than 8 hours with heavy use. I have browsed web without break, bbw without break to install and uninstall apps and at least 6 restarts after deleting apps and did so much. But still it lasts 8 hrs.

3. 9790 camera is faulty, it reboots when we take pic with flash on but no problem with 9900

4. The feel while using 9900 is different from 9790. I enjoyed 9790 so much and I liked 9900 more than that. 9900 is bit heavier which I liked very well

5. There was issue with YouTube audio video sync on 9790. But it has been AMAZING experience on 9900. No lag at all

6. Browser speed on 9790 was bit slow when compared to 9900. I think 9790 never supported h+ speeds but 9900 can

Overall I'm very happy person right now. I'm using 9900 as primary device

On flipside

1. Tapatalk is very slow and there was no way to see notifications like who quoted me and who liked my post etc.
    2. I think auto focus is missing in 9900 camera but it was there in 9790
    12-02-16 10:24 AM
    And I'm utterly disappointed as fb messenger is not working. It is my fav app when it comes to bb7 😞

**** off facrbook
    12-02-16 10:25 AM
    Success? Now remember to NOT ever update FB from app world or you will have to install the old version again. Not a biggie tho, it only takes about a minute
    I have installed but messaging functionality is not working. I'm so angry
    12-02-16 10:26 AM
    And I'm utterly disappointed as fb messenger is not working. It is my fav app when it comes to bb7 😞

**** off facrbook
    Yes it's very bad, i just discovered the app 2 months ago and it was great for messaging on, now the messenger doesn't work since yesterday i deleted the app, the facebook app still works but doesn't allow you send messages in it. They will only allow you to use facebook through the mobile web browser now, the only problem with this is that the messages don't auto-refresh which is so bad, if they allowed the messages to auto-refresh in the mobile web facebook that would be better. I still wont stop using my 9900 i love this phone too much haha.

12-02-16 10:28 AM
    Yes it's very bad, i just discovered the app 2 months ago and it was great for messaging on, now the messenger doesn't work since yesterday i deleted the app, the facebook app still works but doesn't allow you send messages in it. They will only allow you to use facebook through the mobile web browser now, the only problem with this is that the messages don't auto-refresh which is so bad, if they allowed the messages to auto-refresh in the mobile web facebook that would be better. I still wont stop using my 9900 i love this phone too much haha.

Really can't express in words. I'm so angry right now. I never chatted before using bb7 with friends and never chatted after stopped using bb7. I love to chat with friends using this app. I'm very angry and don't know where to show that
    12-02-16 10:34 AM

Really can't express in words. I'm so angry right now. I never chatted before using bb7 with friends and never chatted after stopped using bb7. I love to chat with friends using this app. I'm very angry and don't know where to show that
    I was going to suggest using IM+ and Facebook Messenger's Jabber protocol, but it looks like they killed that last year. They also killed messenger to email and sms notifications. Apparently, if you want real-time updates, it's the app and nothing but the app.
    12-02-16 02:04 PM
    I have installed but messaging functionality is not working. I'm so angry
    You are setting it to "ONLINE" first? Everytime I minimalize Facebook but keep it running in the background to do something else, when i come back to it I have to click ONLINE again or i do not get notifications. But it works good for me otherwise, notifications nice and loud.

I also had a 9790 for about 5 months before it eventually froze and was completely unuseable, it didn't like the latest 7.1 update in 2013 so I sold it for $40. I loved it otherwise and the auto focus camera was beautiful, but I only got it because that year I was looking for a 9900 and the electronics store I deal with only had the 9790.

12-02-16 03:03 PM
    Yup you guys are right, I checked my FB Message part of the Native app and it shows 0 contacts online and I cannot send messages, the Browser version works for messaging, I just tested it.

I have to wonder why they would even bother killing the messaging part of the app when the rest of the app still works great

12-02-16 03:10 PM
    ok now my Facebook Online messaging in the native app IS WORKING.

anon(8063781) likes this.
    12-02-16 03:33 PM
    ok now my Facebook Online messaging in the native app IS WORKING.

Zuckerberg is toying with you, Ralph
    David Tyler likes this.
    12-02-16 08:59 PM
    Zuckerberg is toying with you, Ralph
    He is! He's is letting me down for an eventual dissappointment, I just know it.

At least the browser version works perfectly also, notifs and all......for now.....

12-02-16 09:18 PM
    Pls help

I have installed Tapatalk but I'm not sure how to set up forums
    12-02-16 10:53 PM
    Pls help

I have installed Tapatalk but I'm not sure how to set up forums
    Not sure what to tell you. I downloaded the crackberry app from BW on my 9900 and never installed tapatalk. It works great. Perhaps the smarter people here can help.

12-02-16 10:58 PM
    Not sure what to tell you. I downloaded the crackberry app from BW on my 9900 and never installed tapatalk. It works great. Perhaps the smarter people here can help.

That's my situation too I never bothered downloading Tapatalk, The CrackBerry app works very well on my 9900 and on the iPhone for that matter.
    12-02-16 11:03 PM
    That's my situation too I never bothered downloading Tapatalk, The CrackBerry app works very well on my 9900 and on the iPhone for that matter.
    I want Tapatalk also for other forums , not only for crackberry
    12-02-16 11:04 PM
    I want Tapatalk also for other forums , not only for crackberry
    I don't know much about it really, are you using an app version of tapatalk or just the website?

On the iPhone I have the CB app and the iMore forums app. Both work well but that is all I use.
    12-02-16 11:07 PM
    I don't know much about it really, are you using an app version of tapatalk or just the website?

On the iPhone I have the CB app and the iMore forums app. Both work well but that is all I use.
    App version

It was working fine on 9790

I can add as many forums as I want without any issues
    12-02-16 11:08 PM
8,754 ... 157158159160161 ...