It is an old world edition. For the life of me I cannot remember the model number. I'm sure it's an OS fivvve or six device.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 07:33 AM
    Disappointed! I didnt find any other used bb 9900. I desparately need one

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 08:39 AM
    Disappointed! I didnt find any other used bb 9790. I desparately need one

Posted via CB10
    So which Bold are you after ?

Many of us here believe the 9900 / 9930 to be the top in BBOS devices.

I myself have not used the 9790 - so cannot comment on it.

However , if you are looking for a nudge in what to go after, then just look at all the positive on this thread alone ( regarding the 9900 ) .

If you have to get a BlackBerry Legacy device , then it has to be the 9900 !

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 08:57 AM
    So which Bold are you after ?

Many of us here believe the 9900 / 9930 to be the top in BBOS devices.

I myself have not used the 9790 - so cannot comment on it.

However , if you are looking for a nudge in what to go after, then just look at all the positive on this thread alone ( regarding the 9900 ) .

If you have to get a BlackBerry Legacy device , then it has to be the 9900 !

Posted via CB10
    Im talking abt 9900only. 9790 is typo. Yes this thread unconsiously injected unknowing interest in my typical mind which I cant take away from my mind
    11-28-16 09:09 AM
    Im talking abt 9900only. 9790 is typo. Yes this thread unconsiously injected unknowing interest in my typical mind which I cant take away from my mind
    Hahaha , you sound like the ideal candidate !
    What device(s) are you using presently ?
    11-28-16 12:53 PM
    Hey greetings to all you Bold users !

Anyone having issues with gmail contacts not synching ?

Had noticed problems this past Saturday.

This morning , rec'd email notifications from BlackBerry services about contacts not synching. ( 2 accounts )

Went through all the steps to reinstall without any luck.
    11-28-16 01:02 PM
    Well the US Postal service lied. No phone arrival today. Perhaps tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 04:47 PM
    Hahaha , you sound like the ideal candidate !
    What device(s) are you using presently ?
    Im currently using Q10 but badly missing track pad. I have bought two 9790 devices before but I lost them somewhere. Now I will desperately need 9900
    11-28-16 11:26 PM
    Attachment 413032

Dare to be Bold.
    yup pics are working. Model??

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    11-29-16 12:58 AM
    This is 8830 World Edition. The CDMA and GSM model in one. It has the OS 4.3 as far as I remember. Definitely not 4.6. I have in home 2x BlackBerry 8820 - it is pre-Bold.
    11-29-16 01:50 AM
    Do any of those old phones work anymore as phones?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    11-29-16 11:41 AM
    Hey everyone, I got another one of these security messages while I was using just my phone network and not WiFi, I took pictures of the notifications, I wonder if anyone knows what it means because I live in Ireland and it mentions Los Angeles, Verizon and Amsterdam (which I think is where the BIS server is located for European device)
    11-29-16 03:54 PM
    I used to get a couple of those messages but after clearing them I never saw them again and it seemed to have no effects on functioning of the device.

How about yours?

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    11-29-16 05:20 PM
    Do any of those old phones work anymore as phones?

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    I researched that 8820 and found a guys Youtube vid where he was still using it in 2013. Not bad considering it was from 2007 and has only 16MB for RAM and no camera.

11-29-16 05:21 PM
    I used to get a couple of those messages but after clearing them I never saw them again and it seemed to have no effects on functioning of the device.

How about yours?

My phone was working fine after i cleared them, it was just really strange because of the locations mentioned being in America, i'm aware that everytime i do a google search without wifi that i'm brought to the google.nl site because the isp address of the blackberry is dutch one. i actually looked up the company, apparently they do mobile marketing, what i'm guessing is one of their ads were running on a site i was visiting on google and the security wasn't having any of it haha. I think BBOS is a pain in the *** for these companies that want to collect data without the users knowing, if there's ever a change in any network connectivity or ads my iphone never alerts me but the blackberry gives me absolutely every single piece of the information which is great, i can see why companies don't favor blackberry's anymore.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-29-16 05:30 PM
    My phone was working fine after i cleared them, it was just really strange because of the locations mentioned being in America, i'm aware that everytime i do a google search without wifi that i'm brought to the google.nl site because the isp address of the blackberry is dutch one. i actually looked up the company, apparently they do mobile marketing, what i'm guessing is one of their ads were running on a site i was visiting on google and the security wasn't having any of it haha. I think BBOS is a pain in the *** for these companies that want to collect data without the users knowing, if there's ever a change in any network connectivity or ads my iphone never alerts me but the blackberry gives me absolutely every single piece of the information which is great, i can see why companies don't favor blackberry's anymore.

But you see the thing about BlackBerry is they're a professional device. Say you had a company or perhaps you are working for the FBI, if you are being hat or someone is trying to instal some bad malware or some hacking software you would definitely want to know about it and I think that's my BlackBerry is designed to be so informative. Yes it can be annoying for us but remember the software was purpose built for professional use.

My friend continues to tease me about my iPhone being a Mattel toy but when the chips are down, and when these phones were in their prime, the BlackBerry took security a lot more seriously I think.
    11-29-16 10:01 PM
    But you see the thing about BlackBerry is they're a professional device. Say you had a company or perhaps you are working for the FBI, if you are being hat or someone is trying to instal some bad malware or some hacking software you would definitely want to know about it and I think that's my BlackBerry is designed to be so informative. Yes it can be annoying for us but remember the software was purpose built for professional use.

My friend continues to tease me about my iPhone being a Mattel toy but when the chips are down, and when these phones were in their prime, the BlackBerry took security a lot more seriously I think.
    I'm probably the only one who favors my 9900 over my iPhone 6, i'm in constant fear i will drop the phone so i rarely use it in public, the phone is too thin, also even thought it's as wide as the 9900 the on screen keyboard is smaller and drives me crazy having to type on it, i find myself keeping it on silent most of the day because of the annoying notifications sounds that cant be changed for certain apps. By the way Whatsapp released a new version v2.16.88 which finally updates the support to say it will end on June 30th 2017, at least i get 7 more months using whatsapp haha.

11-30-16 03:11 AM
    I'm probably the only one who favors my 9900 over my iPhone 6, i'm in constant fear i will drop the phone so i rarely use it in public, the phone is too thin, also even thought it's as wide as the 9900 the on screen keyboard is smaller and drives me crazy having to type on it, i find myself keeping it on silent most of the day because of the annoying notifications sounds that cant be changed for certain apps.
    It's pretty rare to meet an iPhone user not dealing with a cracked screen. Plus, back in the day, I observed the early iPhone adapters seemed to be women; I just assumed it was because it was easier to use an iPhone with small hands. I'm getting the idea little has changed in that regard, even with the newer, outsize models. As far as the notifications -- that's what SO FRUSTRATING about BBOS and (potentially) BlackBerry 10 not being developed further: With both Android and iOS, there are _so_ many little annoyances..! I don't see either as an acceptable alternative.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-30-16 08:33 AM
    It's pretty rare to meet an iPhone user not dealing with a cracked screen. Plus, back in the day, I observed the early iPhone adapters seemed to be women; I just assumed it was because it was easier to use an iPhone with small hands. I'm getting the idea little has changed in that regard, even with the newer, outsize models. As far as the notifications -- that's what SO FRUSTRATING about BBOS and (potentially) BlackBerry 10 not being developed further: With both Android and iOS, there are _so_ many little annoyances..! I don't see either as an acceptable alternative.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    I never had a cracked screen thankfully, i think Android is taking up pace much quicker now that it's OS is much better, i had the HTC G1 before i bought an iPhone, the battery was very bad in the phone, but it wasn't any better in the iPhone either, I'm looking forward to replacing my iPhone with the Priv. The notifications i'm talking about are the noises the apps release when you get a message, i absolutely hate the iPhone Whatsapp sound, it is the worst sound to have ever been made, it's so shrill, i have to have my phone volume so low when i'm at home because the noise is ridiculous and there's no way to change it like in android, also some apps just use a basic noise that can't be changed so you never know where the notification is coming from, at least with blackberry you can change the notifications for everything to have a different sound that you want.

11-30-16 08:51 AM
    The default app notifications on iOS are customizable. But like anything else on iOS, it's such a PITA to do that it's not worth the trouble. That whole AAC to M4R conversion is ridiculous.

Posted via CB10 from my BlackBerry Passport. Because I like it.
    11-30-16 09:01 AM
    I'm probably the only one who favors my 9900 over my iPhone 6, i'm in constant fear i will drop the phone so i rarely use it in public, the phone is too thin, also even thought it's as wide as the 9900 the on screen keyboard is smaller and drives me crazy having to type on it, i find myself keeping it on silent most of the day because of the annoying notifications sounds that cant be changed for certain apps. By the way Whatsapp released a new version v2.16.88 which finally updates the support to say it will end on June 30th 2017, at least i get 7 more months using whatsapp haha.

That's why I like the older iPhone 5C, because of the square edges. It gives me something to hang onto and rest my fingers on when I type in the new rounded six and 6S makes absolutely no sense to me. I do like that it does have the bigger screen it might be wider and more on par to type on like a 9900, but if my drop my 5C and smash it to pieces, right now the SE can be had for zero dollars if we sign a new two-year contract. With the 6S one would have to get the official apple silicone case or it will slide right out of your hands.

As for the whatsapp update that's what I've been waiting to hear. So I assume that's right off of App world when you click WhatsApp it will say update.�

I assume it says we only have until December 31 to instal the new WhatsApp update right?
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 11-30-16 at 09:37 AM.
    11-30-16 09:22 AM
    That's why I like the older iPhone 5C, because of the square edges. It gives me something to hang onto and rest my fingers on when I type in the new rounded six and 6S makes absolutely no sense to me. I do like that it does have the bigger screen it might be wider and more on par to type on like a 9900, but if my drop my 5C and smash it to pieces, right now the SE can be had for zero dollars if we sign a new two-year contract. With the 6S one would have to get the official apple silicone case or it will slide right out of your hands.

As for the whatsapp update that's what I've been waiting to hear. So I assume that's right off of Apple world when you click WhatsApp it will say update.�

I assume it says we only have until December 31 to instal the new WhatsApp update right?
    I can't wait to get rid of my iPhone, i keep saying this because it annoys me so much, i've noticed sometimes the home button doesn't even recognize that i've pressed it, it's only a year old. I went to the Whatsapp website and checked to see if they have updated it, i downloaded the V2.16.69 from the website because when the news broke that they were extending it's life there was no app world update, but even after updating it still said my device wouldn't work after Dec 31st so today i just checked their website by chance when i woke up this morning and it had a new version so i was happy to see that it re-set the shut down date. I wonder if pre-february 2016 whatsapp would have the self destruct timer in it?

11-30-16 09:29 AM

I'm kind of split when it comes to iPhones. I like my smaller 5C because it fits in my pocket like my 9900, but not as short and stubby as my 9900 so the 99 does fit better. iPhone is kind of tall and it's simply stands up to tall in your pocket when you bend over to tie a shoelace. But as Collins said it's a nightmare trying to type on a 4 inch iPhone and I have big thumbs, so I find myself using talk to text and as you can see from my post yesterday in here, it's full of typos even though I try to reread everything and fix it, I miss some errors.

Right now I'm having to deal with some people where I need to be able to take screenshots and send it instantly in Facebook Messenger, and this is one area where the iPhone does shine and I just I simply can't do it with the 9900. I really wish the Facebook app for the 9900 have the ability to send screenshots. When I help people set up stuff for various mobile applications I have to be able to show pictures for instruction. This is really the only area that hinders me when I use the 9900 right now Everything else I'm fine with. I can take screenshots with the 99 using the muncher app but sometimes you have to go into the saved files album and that is an excruciating experience. But that said I'm going to have to go back to the 99 to get that what's up set up and I love typing on it too much.

And Collins you are by far not alone in preferring to use the 9900 more than an iPhone, believe me. I take no pleasure in using an iPhone and trying to type on it with stress and frustration it's just sometimes you got to have certain apps when you're working with certain people.
    11-30-16 09:33 AM
    I can't wait to get rid of my iPhone, i keep saying this because it annoys me so much, i've noticed sometimes the home button doesn't even recognize that i've pressed it, it's only a year old. I went to the Whatsapp website and checked to see if they have updated it, i downloaded the V2.16.69 from the website because when the news broke that they were extending it's life there was no app world update, but even after updating it still said my device wouldn't work after Dec 31st so today i just checked their website by chance when i woke up this morning and it had a new version so i was happy to see that it re-set the shut down date. I wonder if pre-february 2016 whatsapp would have the self destruct timer in it?

So I've never gone to their website so it's just WhatsApp.com or something and search BlackBerry or better yet you could actually post a link for me here ;-)
    11-30-16 09:36 AM
    So I've never gone to their website so it's just WhatsApp.com or something and search BlackBerry or better yet you could actually post a link for me here ;-)
    I never visited their site to download either i always updated through the app world but the app world has missed out on 2 new versions. This is the link.

https://www.whatsapp.com/ota/

11-30-16 09:48 AM
8,754 ... 154155156157158 ...