I cant buy that particular one because i am in europe, bummer. Is there really that much of an advantage in a 4g model? Since im not going to use the browser a lot anyway.
    11-25-16 10:19 AM
    Well I did it.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Unlocked-4...=1679289672011

Made an offer of $65 and they accepted. Let y'all know when it arrives.

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20161125_142853.png

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 01:29 PM
    I cant buy that particular one because i am in europe, bummer. Is there really that much of an advantage in a 4g model? Since im not going to use the browser a lot anyway.
    Sorry. I am not sure. I would imagine 4G is simply faster than 2G or 3G. Perhaps one of the smarter individuals here could help out.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 01:31 PM
    Well I did it.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Unlocked-4...=1679289672011

Made an offer of $65 and they accepted. Let y'all know when it arrives.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161125_142853.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	214.8 KB 
ID:	412929

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic deal !
    Already have a couple or I would be tempted to make the same purchase.

Keep us up to date when you get it.

Oh, and welcome to the Bold side !

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 01:38 PM
    Fantastic deal !
    Already have a couple or I would be tempted to make the same purchase.

Keep us up to date when you get it.

Oh, and welcome to the Bold side !

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! I've done far worse with $65. I will do. To include pictures. I am curious. What would be the steps to take to swap over? I assume charge the phone go to AT&T get a new sim or adapter. Then do the updates and log in to BBM and Gmail. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 01:42 PM
    Sorry. I am not sure. I would imagine 4G is simply faster than 2G or 3G. Perhaps one of the smarter individuals here could help out.

Posted via CB10
    As far as I read 4G is not true 4G on the 9900 it is H+ which is faster than 3G but not as fast as true 4G.

Supposedly different carriers display either H+ (like mine with Rogers) or 4G like some Americans carriers I have seen.

I have no idea if 4G displays anywhere else in Canada....
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-25-16 05:59 PM
    ... Anyone recently use one on at&t? If I buy an at&t one will I be able to simply take it to a store to activate?
    I assume you mean a Bold. I bought mine, swung by the local AT&T store, got a full-size SIM card, stuck it in the Bold, and called AT&T on my Passport to provision the Bold's SIM card. BIS is free on AT&T, and their system will recognize your Bold as a BIS device.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    11-26-16 05:06 PM
    Ironically, Skype still works on BB10, which has less market share. Only thanks to the Android runtime. But still, it's kinda funny.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Have you used it lately? I can't seem to get it to work recently. My Runtime is up to date and I'm running Cobalt's Play Store. I've tried using the store app as well as a patched app and no dice. Knowing Microsoft, they've effed something up as usual with an update.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 05:37 PM
    I assume you mean a Bold. I bought mine, swung by the local AT&T store, got a full-size SIM card, stuck it in the Bold, and called AT&T on my Passport to provision the Bold's SIM card. BIS is free on AT&T, and their system will recognize your Bold as a BIS device.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Yes. My Bold should arrive Monday. Thanks that's very helpful. I will be swapping from a Passport too. I was inspired to give the Bold a shot after reading this thread. I love my Passport. I have large hands so size isn't the problem. I miss the toolbelt and keyboard on a Bold. My favorite was an old Worldwide Edition Tour years ago. I always liked the trackball.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 06:04 PM
    ... Thanks that's very helpful. I will be swapping from a Passport too. I was inspired to give the Bold a shot after reading this thread. I love my Passport.
    The trackball rocks. My Passport is still my primary phone, but I use the Bold almost daily. BTW, on the Passport, if you tap the screen to bring up the "squirkle," you can move it around using the kb as a trackpad.

11-26-16 07:45 PM
    The trackball rocks. My Passport is still my primary phone, but I use the Bold almost daily. BTW, on the Passport, if you tap the screen to bring up the "squirkle," you can move it around using the kb as a trackpad.

Trackball :O You had to bring it up. I'm stupidly Jonesing for a blacked out Bold 9000 these days. Don't ask.
    11-26-16 08:32 PM
    Trackball :O You had to bring it up. I'm stupidly Jonesing for a blacked out Bold 9000 these days. Don't ask.
    I heart the trackball.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 09:05 PM
    I heart the trackball.

Posted via CB10
    Instant nostalgia for my late, lamented Tour 9630.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 09:17 PM
    I loved the tour. It was in my top two favorite BlackBerry phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 09:26 PM
    Matter of fact, I have never gotten used to swiping on a screen with my thumb. I could land an F14 on a Carrier blindfolded, in a hurricane, eating rocky road ice cream with a trackball.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-26-16 09:29 PM
    Matter of fact, I have never gotten used to swiping on a screen with my thumb. I could land an F14 on a Carrier blindfolded, in a hurricane, eating rocky road ice cream with a trackball.

Posted via CB10
    And as your weapons officer I'd be hitting the eject button with a trackball if you pulled that stunt. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    11-26-16 09:36 PM
    Worked with a girl some years ago who had a track ball on the pearl I believe. She was happy when the trackpad came out because she was tired of taking the ball out to clean the lint ;-) that's why I say the 9900 is perfect.
    11-26-16 10:03 PM
    Worked with a girl some years ago who had a track ball on the pearl I believe. She was happy when the trackpad came out because she was tired of taking the ball out to clean the lint ;-) that's why I say the 9900 is perfect.
    Haha... I carried spare trackballs for my pearl. Great UI experience, when it worked. Debris & oil were its enemies. Get the slightest film of motor oil and it's done. (Real Harleys leak oil...!!! Lol) Replacements were cheap & quick, tho. Used to buy 3 packs from CB store, if I recall right. . Optical trackpad was "a giant leap for user kind..." Lol.
    11-27-16 12:02 AM
    Haha... I carried spare trackballs for my pearl. Great UI experience, when it worked. Debris & oil were its enemies. Get the slightest film of motor oil and it's done. (Real Harleys leak oil...!!! Lol) Replacements were cheap & quick, tho. Used to buy 3 packs from CB store, if I recall right. . Optical trackpad was "a giant leap for user kind..." Lol.
    Well she always had to take out the trackball and clean it because it would jam up apparently, like from pocket lint...
    11-27-16 04:11 AM
    Well she always had to take out the trackball and clean it because it would jam up apparently, like from pocket lint...
    Yep, actually lint would wrap around the "X" & "Y" rollers. Just like the old "ball" mouse on desktops. Typically pulled the ball and gently scraped off wrapped up debris with pocketknife. Some times would go months without troubles... Replacement was a simple snap in affair. the device itself was still pretty usable thru shortcuts even if the ball acted up.

Pearl really was a fully featured device that included 3 convenience keys, charging contacts, and even provision for a wrist strap. Sharing two characters per key, it implemented what was really my first exposure to what seems like a predecessor to "predictive text" entry.

My other complaint about the track ball was holding the pointer on target while pressing the ball... Our optical track pads were a giant innovated leap in GUI-HMI user efficiency and repliability!! Touch hmi can't touch it, imo. (Pun intended, lol) I'd love to have our 9900's optical trackpad on my laptops!!
    Last edited by idssteve; 11-27-16 at 09:25 AM.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    11-27-16 09:12 AM
    And as your weapons officer I'd be hitting the eject button with a trackball if you pulled that stunt. ;-)
    As the LSO, I'd be trying to wave him off with a trackball!!

11-27-16 01:44 PM
    As the LSO, I'd be trying to wave him off with a trackball!!

Truthfully as a Submariner I would never Fly an F14 nor view an Aircraft carrier unless it was through a periscope with a trackball.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 02:05 PM
    Perhaps Blackberry should get into military technology and sell to the highest bidder

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    11-27-16 05:00 PM
    Perhaps Blackberry should get into military technology and sell to the highest bidder

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    Oh hell no! Leo Apotheker may be working for a rogue government.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 05:53 PM
    Oh hell no! Leo Apotheker may be working for a rogue government.

Posted via CB10

Leo is Kim Jong-un's man. Always was.

And yes, I know that North Korean assassins are on the way to my house. My time is up. It's been a good run.
    11-27-16 07:48 PM
8,754 ... 152153154155156 ...