Yeah to keep using whatsapp till June 2017, we will have to update the app in our devices. There's an update that has hit the BlackBerry world. If we do not update it, the app will stop working as said. I.e Dec 31st, 2016

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    Wait so this means we should try to log in NOW or before Dec 31 or we will definately NOT be able to use whatsapp next year? Ok, that is definately something on the "to do" list then!!!!!

Has anyone in here tried to update it yet????

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    11-15-16 01:10 AM
    By "support" do you mean not pulling the BIS plug haha because I almost got excited when you said that, implying we might get a security update

Sidenote: It was actually a good thing I was still using my iphone because the other day I spilled coffee with cream and sugar app over my iphone! If it had been my 9900 I am willing to bet the new keyboard keys would be sticky and causing some issues!

This is ONE situation where I will say GLASS SLABS are superior!!!!!!!

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    LOL, this is the link http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-i...s-indefinitely

I am not sure what it means though. Whether it refers to BIS or any other thing for that matter. :-D.

And yeah, I too love glass slabs to be used for spilling all sorts of beverages . No wonder why almost everyone in starbucks use glass slabs :-p

11-15-16 01:14 AM
    Here is the update date on my Whatsapp in BB App World, even though I still kept Whatsapp on my 9900, it still says I can "reinstall,"

weird.

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    11-15-16 01:15 AM
    Wait so this means we should try to log in NOW or before Dec 31 or we will definately NOT be able to use whatsapp next year? Ok, that is definately something on the "to do" list then!!!!!

Has anyone in here tried to update it yet????

Yup! That's exactly what I am thinking...If experimenting is to your liking then you may as well try it after DEC 31st lol

11-15-16 01:16 AM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-1479185993599.jpg

This is what my friend sees on his device! I haven't got it though.

11-15-16 01:18 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1479185993599.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	412205

This is what my friend sees on his device! I haven't got it though.

Interesting, looks like BB10.

I'm thinking that since I have Whatsapp already on my 9900, they shouldn't have it where you have to go to App World to update. Maybe it will just offer the update on the app, but we will find out soon.

If anyone in here sees that the update for Whatsapp is on their 9900 post it here and that is when the sim is out of my iphone!

11-15-16 01:23 AM
    Also considering that my Whatsapp and for others it died about a month ago, a full 2 months before the December 31 death date, means it might only be extended until the end of April or so. But who knows.

11-15-16 02:06 AM

And yeah, I too love glass slabs to be used for spilling all sorts of beverages . No wonder why almost everyone in starbucks use glass slabs :-p
    I knew there had be a good use for glass slabs ...
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    11-15-16 02:56 AM
    Interesting, looks like BB10.

I'm thinking that since I have Whatsapp already on my 9900, they shouldn't have it where you have to go to App World to update. Maybe it will just offer the update on the app, but we will find out soon.

If anyone in here sees that the update for Whatsapp is on their 9900 post it here and that is when the sim is out of my iphone!

I hope its not just a BB10 update because OS7 phones can work as fast as some of the BB10 phones, there's not much difference between the 9900 and Q10, and i used the Q10 for 3 years. I also feel that there doesn't need to be huge updates for the OS7, they should just allow us to use the app with the features it has now, i don't usually have a problem with the app and i'd love to keep using it indefinitely.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    11-15-16 03:34 AM
    Is whatsapp support extended for bb7 phones also
    11-15-16 05:57 AM
    Whatsapp update for BB10 can be downloaded from their website :

https://www.whatsapp.com/ota/

( click the BlackBerry World link)

For BBOS you can download directly, however it still hasn't been updated to the prolonged version.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 06:37 AM
    I don't use any more Whatsapp but after swapping from one Bold 9900 to another Bold 9900 I have information that I can not anymor use whatsApp on this device. So I think it will only work on devices till the reinstall of the app.

But summarize - when I see how the IM communicators grows I see that it is being so fat and fat! And more hard to use
    11-15-16 06:47 AM
    I don't use any more Whatsapp but after swapping from one Bold 9900 to another Bold 9900 I have information that I can not anymor use whatsApp on this device. So I think it will only work on devices till the reinstall of the app.

But summarize - when I see how the IM communicators grows I see that it is being so fat and fat! And more hard to use
    You can download directly from their website to your Bold.

https://www.whatsapp.com/ota/

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 07:00 AM
    I've never used Whatsapp...
    11-15-16 07:47 AM
    I've never used Whatsapp...
    Doesn't matter if you use it or not.
    ( I don't use it much either, but many of my clients do )

It's the fact that something is going on in the background to keep things going with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 07:55 AM

Sidenote: It was actually a good thing I was still using my iphone because the other day I spilled coffee with cream and sugar app over my iphone! If it had been my 9900 I am willing to bet the new keyboard keys would be sticky and causing some issues!

This is ONE situation where I will say GLASS SLABS are superior!!!!!!!

Haha... BTDT! Lol. Including sugar & creamer! Crushed a foam cup, thoroughly drenching my poor Z10. Usb, hdmi, battery contacts, screen itself and who knows what else inside got shorted & wrecked during the half hour call I'd crushed the cup while answering. It was the most important call of the year and I'd tried to answer several times, using my old calloused thumb, single hand style. Hurriedly involving finger from the other hand while holding the foam cup led to crushing it.

That coffee was HOT and that call was priority! Lol. My contortions & facial expressions while maintaining "normalcy" during the call with HOT coffee all over the Z10, down my front & on floor was obviously humorously comical for coworkers to watch! It still gets brought up when we need a laugh! Haha... They've since presented me with a really nice mug... Lol.

That tie did its job keeping coffee out of shirt buttons and is still my "lucky tie". Lol.

No doubt, 9900 would've suffered worse but having to involve finger from other hand simply wouldn't have been an issue using thumb on 99's toolbelt "call" hard key.

I've since kept a desk handy for setting coffee mug down on while using two handed devices. Lol.
    11-15-16 10:29 AM
    Pulled the trigger today. Stopped at AT&T to pick up a Standard size SIM as well. Excited to get this Thursday and fire it up. Now to figure out how to sync contacts and photos over. Contacts at the very least.
    Volareman likes this.
    11-15-16 07:35 PM
    LOL, this is the link BlackBerry intends to support legacy BBOS devices indefinitely | CrackBerry.com
    I am not sure what it means though. Whether it refers to BIS or any other thing for that matter. :-D.
    Sorry to dash your hopes.
    Blackberry Software Lifecycle

OS7 has already reached EOL.
    Optimistically, BB 10.3 is not even on the list as being indeterminate although 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2 are already ended.

Maybe by "indefinite" they mean they will keep the BIS support up and running...
    11-15-16 11:42 PM
    I hope its not just a BB10 update because OS7 phones can work as fast as some of the BB10 phones, there's not much difference between the 9900 and Q10, and i used the Q10 for 3 years. I also feel that there doesn't need to be huge updates for the OS7, they should just allow us to use the app with the features it has now, i don't usually have a problem with the app and i'd love to keep using it indefinitely.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Exactly, it's like they are just delaying the suffering again

The 9900 is very fast for those of us on H+ speeds, many vids prove it
    11-16-16 12:45 AM
    Haha... BTDT! Lol. Including sugar & creamer! Crushed a foam cup, thoroughly drenching my poor Z10. Usb, hdmi, battery contacts, screen itself and who knows what else inside got shorted & wrecked during the half hour call I'd crushed the cup while answering. It was the most important call of the year and I'd tried to answer several times, using my old calloused thumb, single hand style. Hurriedly involving finger from the other hand while holding the foam cup led to crushing it.

That coffee was HOT and that call was priority! Lol. My contortions & facial expressions while maintaining "normalcy" during the call with HOT coffee all over the Z10, down my front & on floor was obviously humorously comical for coworkers to watch! It still gets brought up when we need a laugh! Haha... They've since presented me with a really nice mug... Lol.

That tie did its job keeping coffee out of shirt buttons and is still my "lucky tie". Lol.

No doubt, 9900 would've suffered worse but having to involve finger from other hand simply wouldn't have been an issue using thumb on 99's toolbelt "call" hard key.

I've since kept a desk handy for setting coffee mug down on while using two handed devices. Lol.
    I could see myself taking off the KB and trying to flush it with clean water but it would still have been a disaster. I am going to be more conscious of where I put the 99 near fluids for now on. No more putting it beside the bathtub! Jk
    11-16-16 12:47 AM
    Pulled the trigger today. Stopped at AT&T to pick up a Standard size SIM as well. Excited to get this Thursday and fire it up. Now to figure out how to sync contacts and photos over. Contacts at the very least. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...11a7271ebb.jpg
    Nice
    11-16-16 12:48 AM
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1479278946.644065.jpg

Does anyone have ANY Idea what this is?

A friend posted it on FB and I don't want to ask her
    11-16-16 12:49 AM
    Just an observation but they finally got notifications to work in the imore app I am hoping that they get it in here as well to be compatible with iOS 10
    11-16-16 12:53 AM
    I could see myself taking off the KB and trying to flush it with clean water but it would still have been a disaster. I am going to be more conscious of where I put the 99 near fluids for now on. No more putting it beside the bathtub! Jk
    Haha... Very few handsets of any type will tolerate a full dunking "bath". Lol. Pure water might pose somewhat less grief than soap (or coffee lol) residue. I've wetted 99 keyboards quite a few times with no perceivable issues. Like using in the rain, for example.

I must say that my coffee wrecked Z10 had no keyboard and did keep running long enough to complete the 30 minute call. It might have been possible to revive it but I was SO sick of the thing, at that point. Good excuse to "upgrade" to Q. Talk about jumping from the pan into the fire! Lol. With that early OS version, at least.

Personally, given the relative cost of replacement, I'd probably risk a 99 on tub side rather than my PassPort, for example. Too bad BB never made a ruggedized model that I could take into the shower. Typically have at least a couple messages waiting after stepping out of the shower. Lol.
    Last edited by idssteve; 11-16-16 at 01:54 AM.
    11-16-16 01:44 AM
    Haha... Very few handsets of any type will tolerate a full dunking "bath". Lol. Pure water might pose somewhat less grief than soap (or coffee lol) residue. I've wetted 99 keyboards quite a few times with no perceivable issues. Like using in the rain, for example.

I must say that my coffee wrecked Z10 had no keyboard and did keep running long enough to complete the 30 minute call. It might have been possible to revive it but I was SO sick of the thing, at that point. Good excuse to "upgrade" to Q. Talk about jumping from the pan into the fire! Lol. With that early OS version, at least.

Personally, given the relative cost of replacement, I'd probably risk a 99 on tub side rather than my PassPort, for example. Too bad BB never made a ruggedized model that I could take into the shower. Typically have at least a couple messages waiting after stepping out of the shower. Lol.
    Someone I knew if years ago had a 9700 which was physically the same as my 9780, armour plated in an OtterBox and I think that made waterproof I'm not sure. Or maybe those are just the life proof ones now? Either way that 9780 was so hideous and massive that you may as well still carry your Motorola 650 flip phone if you're going to use something like that. Right now I'm using both my cell phones naked but I'm using some skateboard tape around the shiny outer edges of the iPhone 5c because let me tell you this plastic, sorry Johnny Ives, I mean polycarbonate, is slippery. I think they call it skateboard tape or deck tape for boats or something but you can get it pretty cheap at any hardware store. I cut little tiny strips and put it in strategic areas of the phone. This way I keep the device thin enough to use in my hip holster. Apple never offers hip holsters so I had bought either a Blackberry official leather z10 or Z30 belt clip holster and I need it in wintertime. (Which model was out in 2014?) With the 9900 I've never had to do this, the natural flat edges of the 9900 make it just perfectly secure while holding.(for using the tape I mean)
    11-16-16 02:09 AM
8,754 ... 145146147148149 ...