I was watching this afternoon the movie trouble with the curve. To my surprise Mickey the daughter of Gus was using a Blackberry Bold 9900! She uses it when she is dealing with her job as an attorney and as a baseball scout throughout the movie. Such a beautiful device

Sent From My Legacy Model  9900
    11-13-16 09:05 PM
    Here, someone said page rendering was very slow while scrolling down through large Web pages. I think we need to uninstall all the unrequired fonts from some app. I forgot app name. It was very helpful to uninstall unnecessary apps from OS and reinstall the shrink OS. I remember phone performance was very much improved after doing this so.
    11-13-16 10:26 PM
    I was watching this afternoon the movie trouble with the curve. To my surprise Mickey the daughter of Gus was using a Blackberry Bold 9900! She uses it when she is dealing with her job as an attorney and as a baseball scout throughout the movie. Such a beautiful device

If you have trouble with the Curve, you need a Bold
    11-13-16 10:29 PM

Have you seen " Leap Year " ?
    Amy Adams' character also carries a BlackBerry.
    ( Bold 9900 , I believe )
    11-13-16 11:47 PM
    I watched "Damn the Defiant" today. No one had a BlackBerry. Not even Alec Guiness. :P
    Berry Happy 2 likes this.
    11-14-16 12:12 AM
    Optical trackpad is truly a modern marvel. It intro'd well after capacitive touch and represents a superior and more modern alternative, imo. Sure wish my laptops had BB's optical trackpad.

Track nav makes screen size utterly irrelevant. Small or giant. I love using it for big screen presentations thru PB's hdmi, for example. Especially the 100 inch screen in our conference room.

Despite its bulk, Classic's trackpad, and toolbelt, makes it the most single handed friendly of BB10, imo. My thumbs seem too short too wide too often for Q10's touch nav, imo.

My crew's unanimous disdain for Q resulted from a failure of a Q"s "soft end" to END a call... A client was able to continue listening to "shop talk" that included discussion about his competitor, also a client of ours and also bidding on the same project. That admirably ethical client called me to explain what had happened and then disqualified himself from that competitive bid. Quite the embarrassment on us. To this day, other than very rare exceptions, my crew avoids voice calls on our "soft end" devices. That leaves 99s & Classics for most voice.

My brother also experienced a fail to end where his divorce attorney failed to get a call ended on his iPhone. The X listened for quite a while before re-calling an explaining. That situation was thankfully amicable but it's too easy to see where it could be REALLY bad... That attorney now uses a Classic, last I heard.

"Soft end" poses potential privacy issues that haven't been adequately discussed, imo.
    I'd sure like to know why no one elsementions the failure to end calls with that device. I mean, they should be talking about it, it seems entire corporations might have been ruined with such a reckless feature on any buisness device. I'm sure if we Google the issue there might be some interesting stories

I'm experiencing that issue even with the iphone sometime. Lately when the person hangs up after we are done the call, I still see the person on the screen as if we are still talking! So I don't know for sure if they hung up. Also to add to this, sometimes now on ios 10.1.1 I do not get the end call red round button to press so there is some uncertainty at play with the iphone lately.

When I hit the dedicated Call End button on the 9900 I KNOW the call will end. (Just wish they kept the call and end buttons RED and GREEN like on my 9780 because trying to explain which button to press to end a call to someone borrowing your device that has never used a Blackberry can be awkie.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    idssteve likes this.
    11-14-16 02:10 AM
    I so rarely look at KB, it doesn't really matter but i also liked the red & green end & call buttons on other models, like 9650. Also liked the red #s. Never heard why that was abandoned... Penny pinching?

We've long utilized red characters on black background for displaying critical parameters on our industrial touch screens, for example, as most clearly seen from distance... Also better for "older eyes & shorter arms"... Lol. My smart guys once looked into altering 99 kb backlighting for custom colors. Red might be great for minimal night vision impact, for example. Never found the secret to that. Lol.

Some of my guys are actively toying with stripping out specific blue frequencies from handset screen back lighting that might impact photosensitive retinal ganglion cell signals affecting melatonin levels. Thought being the number of times some of us check messages thru the night and melatonin's suspected involvement in reducing prostate & breast cancer among other things.... Just not enough time in a 24hr day... Lol. I'm blessed to be surrounded by a bright collection of mensa members who just can't rest... Lol. Humbling at times.
    11-14-16 10:02 AM
    Some of my guys are actively toying with stripping out specific blue frequencies from handset screen back lighting that might impact photosensitive retinal ganglion cell signals affecting melatonin levels. Thought being the number of times some of us check messages thru the night and melatonin's suspected involvement in reducing prostate & breast cancer among other things.... Just not enough time in a 24hr day... Lol. I'm blessed to be surrounded by a bright collection of mensa members who just can't rest... Lol. Humbling at times.
    http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...r-nights-sleep
    11-14-16 10:28 PM
    It seems we are just a small bunch in here. I mean the BBOS forums...:-/

Posted via the king of smartphones - Blackberry Passport ;-)
    11-14-16 10:59 PM

I think this thread has proven that there is great interest in this device still ;-)
    11-14-16 11:03 PM

Somewhere around the half point of this thread I noticed that there seem to be a lot of people using 9900 9930s but not admitting to it. When I started other threads with related topics to the 9900, some of the current users came out and responded meaning they were using the device, and much more than we thought, but not owning up to it fully. Many keeping a very low profile. Sometime ago after this thread I started a secondary thread where it was like a "check in" if they were using the 9900 still or even kept one in their sock drawer and I was surprised how many people revealed themselves at that time. It wasn't that long ago maybe four months.

I commend the people that come forward and I would say to them to be proud they are using a true BlackBerry.
    11-14-16 11:08 PM
    Hey guys have you heard about Whatsapp postponing end of support for bbos / bb10 until June ?

Maybe they were paying attention to us after all!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 11:15 PM
    I think this thread has proven that there is great interest in this device still ;-)
    There is definitely some interest, but it's a small group that posts here regularly. I like that. You get a sense of everyone's personalities, and it's a great bunch.
    11-14-16 11:32 PM
    Hey guys have you heard about Whatsapp postponing end of support for bbos / bb10 until June ?

Posted via CB10
    Yup whatsapp has extended the date to June 2017. :-)

11-14-16 11:39 PM
    There is definitely some interest, but it's a small group that posts here regularly. I like that. You get a sense of everyone's personalities, and it's a great bunch.
    True! The reason I was just pointing it out was due to the no of threads that keep popping up each day on the BB10 nd the Blackdroid forums. It is overwhelming. It's great to see tons of suggestions for a particular thread but that will definitely confuse the OP. Finally, OP will be stuck in a loop that never really ends. Haha lol

11-15-16 12:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    You're kidding!!!!!?????? Is there a link? That is good news! The last time I tried logging in several times it refused and I got the "device is not compatable" or whatever it was. Now I will look foreward to trying again and hopefully I won't be dissappointed.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    11-15-16 12:36 AM
    Somewhere around the half point of this thread I noticed that there seem to be a lot of people using 9900 9930s but not admitting to it. When I started other threads with related topics to the 9900, some of the current users came out and responded meaning they were using the device, and much more than we thought, but not owning up to it fully. Many keeping a very low profile. Sometime ago after this thread I started a secondary thread where it was like a "check in" if they were using the 9900 still or even kept one in their sock drawer and I was surprised how many people revealed themselves at that time. It wasn't that long ago maybe four months.

I commend the people that come forward and I would say to them to be proud they are using a true BlackBerry.
    Yeah, I had witnessed all those moments. I was dumbfounded, that's the reason BBOS was captivating me a lot more than BB10. But, now it seems the fluctuations have stabilised and the graph has become linear.lol

11-15-16 12:40 AM
    Yeah, I had witnessed all those moments. I was dumbfounded, that's the reason BBOS was captivating me a lot more than BB10. But, now it seems the fluctuations have stabilised and the graph has become linear.lol

I still think there are a lot more using it than they tell. Because there are a LOT of lurkers to get the kinds of numbers our corner gets here.

If they are not users, what is the point of lurking here? Is it our charming personalities they keep coming back for again and again?

Like I said, people don't like to admit they use a Legacy device, or much less be seen with one in public....in MOST cases I believe.

I just read Blaize's story in CB about Whatsapp being extended. I am definately going to be using the 99 again soon. The weather is still beautiful in Canada with no snow yet and just wearing a T-shirt so using Snapchat and Instagram Stories as much as possible to take advantage of the iphone's new battery, for now.

11-15-16 12:47 AM
    But, now it seems the fluctuations have stabilised and the graph has become linear.lol
    Also how many times someone says the interest has peaked and then we get a flood of people asking "how do I use email without BIS on the 9900 I just bought?" or "how can I transfer all my contacts from my BB10 to my new 9900?"

Never say never

11-15-16 12:50 AM
    You're kidding!!!!!?????? Is there a link? That is good news! The last time I tried logging in several times it refused and I got the "device is not compatable" or whatever it was. Now I will look foreward to trying again and hopefully I won't be dissappointed.

LOL, I know it's a dream come true! We get to enjoy the WA services until they allow us to keep it. ;-) I haven't received the update yet. The update takes time to reach this part of the world I guess. I am sure you can have a look @ BlackBerry world.

11-15-16 12:54 AM
    Also how many times someone says the interest has peaked and then we get a flood of people asking "how do I use email without BIS on the 9900 I just bought?" or "how can I transfer all my contacts from my BB10 to my new 9900?"

Never say never

Yeah never say never! BBOS will live on for years to come. I have read somewhere that blackberry plans to support BBOS indefinitely, correct me if I am wrong. :-)

11-15-16 12:57 AM
    LOL, I know it's a dream come true! We get to enjoy the WA services until they allow us to keep it. ;-) I haven't received the update yet. The update takes time to reach this part of the world I guess. I am sure you can have a look @ BlackBerry world.

"The Update?" You mean there is some sort of update to be able to use whatsapp again? I was hoping to just log into the app that I kept on the device and hopefully it will work next time.....

11-15-16 01:00 AM
    And yeah, people like us are more happy to say we are retro or hip, lol. Everyone else is busy trying to catch up by burning out their pockets for the latest and greatest. I am sure they are stuck in a loophole of consumerism. And that's the reason people lurk around in here :-p.

11-15-16 01:02 AM
    Yeah never say never! BBOS will live on for years to come. I have read somewhere that blackberry plans to support BBOS indefinitely, correct me if I am wrong. :-)

By "support" do you mean not pulling the BIS plug haha because I almost got excited when you said that, implying we might get a security update

Sidenote: It was actually a good thing I was still using my iphone because the other day I spilled coffee with cream and sugar app over my iphone! If it had been my 9900 I am willing to bet the new keyboard keys would be sticky and causing some issues!

This is ONE situation where I will say GLASS SLABS are superior!!!!!!!

11-15-16 01:03 AM
    "The Update?" You mean there is some sort of update to be able to use whatsapp again? I was hoping to just log into the app that I kept on the device and hopefully it will work next time.....

Yeah to keep using whatsapp till June 2017, we will have to update the app in our devices. There's an update that has hit the BlackBerry world. If we do not update it, the app will stop working as said. I.e Dec 31st, 2016

11-15-16 01:04 AM
8,754 ... 144145146147148 ...