My "smart guys" have even concocted a few 6 cell monsters by spotwelding 6 disassembled JM1 cells in parallel & shrink tube. About 7500mAh! Lol. Pretty crude looking. No one has tried carrying one of those cobbled things thru TSA, thankfully. Haha.
    Seriously tho, if you guys can actually build your own modified batteries you should branch out and start your own company or something. Of course as the Official "suggestor" of this endevour, I shall assume the role of CEO and my cut will be 75%, fair?

But ya, how many cellular devices actually use a removable and swappable battery nowadays? Prolly not much market for this brilliant idea

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-29-16 07:26 PM
    I believe it may be the Torch 9850 / 9860 .
    Torch, wasn't that a "slider" model?

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-29-16 07:27 PM
    Torch, wasn't that a "slider" model?

Nope. This model was touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 07:31 PM
    Nope. This model was touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    it looks similar to my 9790 I had, but not quite right

10-29-16 07:32 PM
    it looks similar to my 9790 I had, but not quite right

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-images.jpg

If not mistaken, was supposed to be the Storm 3.
    They decided against using that name - well you know why !!

Where is your picture from ?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by goodayeh; 10-29-16 at 07:59 PM.
    10-29-16 07:44 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	410916

If not mistaken, was supposed to be the Storm 3.
    They decided against using that name - well you know why !!

Where is that picture from ?

Posted via CB10
    Haha... Storm was an unfortunate name in the States just a few years after Hurricane Katrina... Lol.

A fitting name to describe my not-brief-enough experience with Storm1, tho. More than a few Verizon reps had even more fitting labels for Storm1. Lol. Some folks really liked Torch, tho.
    10-29-16 08:00 PM
    Yup Stock red Rogers theme, I will post it below.

As for your batteries, if they were mine I would start to rotate a few of them and get them "conditioned" as much as possible. I would use one for a couple days, fully charge it and take it down until it flashes RED and then fully charge it again, I would do that to as many as possible because sometimes they are sitting in a warehouse so long they can be impossible to fully recover.....

cool thanks for sharing your theme and I am glad I purchased the oem battery charger cradle that will help with this. Let the rotation of the batteries begin lol

Sent From My Legacy Model  9900
    10-29-16 08:01 PM
    Haha... Storm was an unfortunate name in the States just a few years after Hurricane Katrina... Lol.

A fitting name to describe my not-brief-enough experience with Storm1, tho. More than a few Verizon reps had even more fitting labels for Storm1. Lol. Some folks really liked Torch, tho.
    Many years ago, while standing in line ( don't really remember where ) some businessman ahead of me received a phone call.

Out he pulls this device, so while he was talking away I saw it was a BlackBerry.

I was quite impressed with the appearance, it looked very premium.

I did a search and discovered it was the Torch 9850 / 60 series. I liked it so much I had considered it as an upgrade for my device.
    ( I later changed my mind and went for the Bold 9900 )

Oh , the device I upgraded from was the Storm 2.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 08:21 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	410916

Where is your picture from ?
    The Blonde on the right is Inna Shevchenko, something of a Ukrainian rights activist, and well known in some circles. We follow in FB/Twitter but I didn't want to ask because the photo is from 2012 and she uses iphones so she likely wouldn't know.

10-29-16 08:41 PM
    Ya I think you are right after looking at this.....

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    10-29-16 08:43 PM
    10-29-16 08:45 PM
    cool thanks for sharing your theme and I am glad I purchased the oem battery charger cradle that will help with this. Let the rotation of the batteries begin lol

I will be interested to see if you have any with a Red "X" on the screen if you try to charge them.

Dude you need a wall charger!!!!! I also ordered the official BB Pod desktop charger and I love it!!

10-29-16 08:45 PM
    Whoa! 4G!!!!!!??????

10-29-16 08:47 PM
    Here is that Thread BTW, I have a feeling you might need it

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...red-x-1070568/

10-29-16 08:51 PM
    No doubt. BlackBerry 9900 is probably the best device BlackBerry have ever made, that talking of its stability coupled with the features especially; when compared to its peers at that time.
    idssteve likes this.
    10-29-16 08:58 PM
    Here is that Thread BTW, I have a feeling you might need it

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...red-x-1070568/

Awesome much appreciated. Is H+ equivalent to 4g?

10-29-16 08:58 PM
    No doubt. BlackBerry 9900 is probably the best device BlackBerry have ever made, that talking of its stability coupled with the features especially; when compared to its peers at that time.
    Nicely said! What device are you running right now?

10-29-16 09:01 PM

From what I tried to look up and research some months ago, your 4G is faster. H+ is supposedly faster than 3G but NOT as fast as 4G BUT this is where I get confused because I have read opinions that the 9900 is not a "true 4G device" and that they might have called it 4G just for the sake of sounding like the next best thing after 3G.

Maybe someone can chime in and clarify.

I honestly was not aware the 9900 is capable of 4G speeds because I thought the H+ was the fastest for it.

10-29-16 09:04 PM
    Sidenote: I have been on the same battery charge now for almost 12 hours and I still have 50% left. Something is wrong, I should have had to swap batteries about 5 hours ago!

I don't mind having this kind of "problem"

Can't explain it..

10-29-16 09:11 PM
    Steve, that is a wonderful story. Hopefully someone from BlackBerry read it. Even if it doesn't alter the current course that BlackBerry is on, it should boost morale.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    idssteve likes this.
    10-29-16 09:17 PM
    Many years ago, while standing in line ( don't really remember where ) some businessman ahead of me received a phone call.

Out he pulls this device, so while he was talking away I saw it was a BlackBerry.

I was quite impressed with the appearance, it looked very premium.

I did a search and discovered it was the Torch 9850 / 60 series. I liked it so much I had considered it as an upgrade for my device.
    ( I later changed my mind and went for the Bold 9900 )

Oh , the device I upgraded from was the Storm 2.

Posted via CB10
    Always heard quite a few folks thought Storm 2 was pretty decent. To call Storm1 as released "half baked" is generous, tho. That dough hadn't even been stirred up, imo. Lol.

Storm1 might even be credited with single handedly killing RIM, imo. Especially the way RIM treated Verizon over the massive device returns. You just can't stick your biggest customer with that size of bill and expect to survive. Once they lost credibility with carriers, RIM never recovered.

Ode to the Storm1... !! Lol.

How did you like your Storm2 ?
    10-29-16 09:18 PM
    Always heard quite a few folks thought Storm 2 was pretty decent. To call Storm1 as released "half baked" is generous, tho. That dough hadn't even been stirred up, imo. Lol.

Storm1 might even be credited with single handedly killing RIM, imo. Especially the way RIM treated Verizon over the massive device returns. You just can't stick your biggest customer with that size of bill and expect to survive. Once they lost credibility with carriers, RIM never recovered.

Ode to the Storm1... !! Lol.

How did you like your Storm2 ?
    Was my first Berry.

Liked it for being very original and not just another touchscreen.

Didn't like the many glitches / problems it had.

Really was a Love / Hate kind of deal ! ( more than once had the urge to toss the thing across the room )

Was really disappointed when BB decided to not improve and take it to the next level.
    10-29-16 09:30 PM
    SESP9, I guess here is our answer.....

anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-29-16 09:51 PM

I believe H+ is >4g. Certainly, it's H+ is 4.X.
    10-29-16 09:57 PM
    I always think of LTE as true 4G and anything less as "Faux G."
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    10-29-16 10:27 PM
8,754 ... 134135136137138 ...