Haha... Yeah, I'd take Apple ethics over Google ethics any day but... Lol.

I meant in regards to BBOS battery, memory, etc...
    Hybrid OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    If we build it Steve.....

They will come ^_^

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    idssteve likes this.
    10-27-16 05:14 AM
    soooo, do we have GMail contacts and calaender working with the stock apps on the 9900 yet?

or what is the work around to get them in there?
    10-27-16 12:28 PM
    My stock Gmail works.

So now Facebook is killing the Vine video app. Vine is HUGE!!! Add that to Whatsapp and Markie is sure trying to save $$$ or something. Millions won't be too happy about this.

Girl saw my 9900 in an office today, she said now she "misses her Bold." I told her it's not too late

Saw the iphone 7's today, quite the fingerprint magnet in gloss black but I like the headphone jack. Also checked out the new Google Pixel. No Idea how they could make that thing feel so light, I'm sure it was bigger than the iphone 7!!!!!

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-27-16 03:57 PM
    Anyone know a good translator app?? My desktop version of Google Translate refuses to work for some reason, which is weird because it's not an app to begin with.

10-27-16 05:40 PM
    My bad, it's Twitter that owns Vine, not Facebook.

10-28-16 02:30 AM
    Too many. Most of them are antiques at this point:

• Nokia 6600 Fold
    • HTC Tilt2
    • BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220
    • BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    • BlackBerry Pearl 9100
    • BlackBerry Bold 9900
    • BlackBerry Q10
    • HP Pre3*
    • Nokia Lumia 520
    • LG Nexus 4
    • LG G2

*daily driver.

I'm thinking about switching to the Q10 for daily use because the Pre3 keeps switching to cellular data when it should be on WiFi. The WiFi reception is a little on the weak side.
    I had a lumia 520 - super cool device with small screen. And i Have to say it has a beautiful OS. And the main screen with this squares - its super cool and original!(?)
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-28-16 04:48 AM
    Really interesting how since she sent the service books I am now getting almost 12 hours of battery life and I am doing nothing different. Also the fact I still have 120mb's of memory when I should be down to about 70 by now!

Do these things get better with age or something? No explanation.

How are you getting 12 hours of battery life? I only get 3-4 hours tops. I check to see what's draining my battery under the settings but nothing is significantly causing the problem. I even bought "new" oem batteries and I still average 3-4 hours. Now I'm back using my passport because battery life is great on this device but prefer the size of the bold when I need to go out because it is better suited for that.

 Blackberry Passport
    10-28-16 07:47 AM
    Anyone know a good translator app?? My desktop version of Google Translate refuses to work for some reason, which is weird because it's not an app to begin with.

Yes, I use i-Translator and it has become my go to translator when I need it for my Spanish speaking friends

 Blackberry Passport
    10-28-16 07:57 AM
    How are you getting 12 hours of battery life? I only get 3-4 hours tops. I check to see what's draining my battery under the settings but nothing is significantly causing the problem. I even bought "new" oem batteries and I still average 3-4 hours. Now I'm back using my passport because battery life is great on this device but prefer the size of the bold when I need to go out because it is better suited for that.

 Blackberry Passport
    I used to have a battery problem with my 9900. It would show a rapid drop in battery life and then it would be magically restored after a battery pull ( same battery) . I think this issue was related to searching for wifi or having certain apps open and running in the background. I could never nail it down. Perhaps a new battery ?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-28-16 at 08:32 AM.
    10-28-16 08:06 AM

 Blackberry Passport
    An app that really helped me save battery was WiFi Manager.

It's more of a utility than an app. It automatically turns off WiFi and allows you to set exceptions based on your location.

I wrote about it here:

https://stillboldblog.wordpress.com/...-wifi-manager/

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    10-28-16 08:20 AM
    I agree with Ralph , it could be a bad battery.

Try taking a few pictures with the flash on.
    If the battery drops suddenly , you have your answer.
    10-28-16 08:21 AM
    I had a lumia 520 - super cool device with small screen. And i Have to say it has a beautiful OS. And the main screen with this squares - its super cool and original!(?)
    I like that interface. I tried upgrading to the Windows Phone 10 beta through the insider program. WP 10 has added transparency into the tile interface, but not surprisingly, it slowed the device down too much. So it's back on WP 8.

At one point, when my father retired and decided he wanted a cell, I gave the phone to him. But after a couple of months, he said he didn't really want a smartphone. I said, what do you want? We went flip phone shopping.

I had a Zune player back in the day, and I originally bought the Lumia thinking that it would be a nice media device (expandable storage, removable battery, and that Zune-style interface in the apps). My HP Pre3 is 8 GB. Not a lot of room for music. Anyways, that's exactly what it's become: a music and podcast player. It has a case and a screen protector, so I plug in my headphones and throw it in my back pocket when I'm working on the house, in the shop, mowing the lawn, etc.

It also has fairly solid navigation, using HERE maps. Turn-by-turn still works, but the real highlight is the transit app. It's so much nicer than anything else I've ever used.
    10-28-16 10:00 AM

 Blackberry Passport
    If you have new batteries then I wonder if it can be a corrupted app or maybe an app with an error draining in the background.

Just curious but after a fresh reboot do you check "Application Management" (then swipe right) to check how much memory storage you have, and then check again when the battery is low. I am curious how much space is left at the end of 3 hours.

I wonder if a connection is loose, like the trackpad or KB plug in, and it is causing a "near short?"

Lately I have been getting more space, and battery life and I cannot recall what I did to get this.

I know that last Christmas when I bought this 9900, I took about 40 Flash photos of family and that completely drained the battery. This year I am going to bring my new battery (I got it about March) and I marked it with a scratch so I can ID it as "new" and I will see if it lasts longer.

For normal everyday use, and no flash photo taking, I am strangely getting about the same battery life from both of my batteries, new and old. But yes, the PICS are what really seem to effect the life.

I also only use the OEM Blackberry batteries although I have a Chinese white label "no name" one I keep in my car, and it doesn't hold much of a charge anymore so it is an "emergency" backup only. That reminds me, it has been about 2 months since I charged it, so I should check it later

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 10-28-16 at 11:14 AM.
    10-28-16 11:03 AM
    Yes, I use i-Translator and it has become my go to translator when I need it for my Spanish speaking friends

 Blackberry Passport
    Haha ya I need mine for Spanish also. I have a friend in Venezuela and they are having quite a crisis there right now.

Is that a free app? If it works like the basic Google Translator style layout then it would be awesome.

10-28-16 11:05 AM
    I am looking to give away my lightly used Bell 9900 to an Edmonton based poster to this thread for free. Message me via CrackBerry. Posted here because I was looking for a good home for my 9900.

Comes with a nice leather pouch. Love the leather pouch .
    10-28-16 11:43 AM
    No point using a 9900 for photos. Use a more modern phone or actual camera. For me, it's passport or my canon.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-28-16 12:03 PM
    No point using a 9900 for photos. Use a more modern phone or actual camera. For me, it's passport or my canon.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    I'm ok with it, I'll just bring a spare battery to a photo event. Forget macro close-ups though, those are terrible on the 9900, like trying to send a friend a newspaper headline. But for all other photos and even video, the video in 720p is as good as my iphone in 1080p. Really can't tell the difference there.

but yes, there are much better camera's nowadays for sure.

10-28-16 12:13 PM
    I am looking to give away my lightly used Bell 9900 to an Edmonton based poster to this thread for free. Message me via CrackBerry. Posted here because I was looking for a good home for my 9900.

I feel bad for Shuswap, he can never seem to get a good 9900 for parts. If I ever have to get rid of my 9900 or they shut this site down, I'm mailing mine to him.

Did you hear that Shus?

10-28-16 12:14 PM

Nice!
    10-28-16 12:15 PM
    Haha ya I need mine for Spanish also. I have a friend in Venezuela and they are having quite a crisis there right now.

Is that a free app? If it works like the basic Google Translator style layout then it would be awesome.

it is $0.99 and well worth it. Here is a link to blackberry world: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59957022

Sent From My Legacy Model  9900
    10-28-16 12:41 PM
    If you have new batteries then I wonder if it can be a corrupted app or maybe an app with an error draining in the background.

Just curious but after a fresh reboot do you check "Application Management" (then swipe right) to check how much memory storage you have, and then check again when the battery is low. I am curious how much space is left at the end of 3 hours.

I wonder if a connection is loose, like the trackpad or KB plug in, and it is causing a "near short?"

Lately I have been getting more space, and battery life and I cannot recall what I did to get this.

I know that last Christmas when I bought this 9900, I took about 40 Flash photos of family and that completely drained the battery. This year I am going to bring my new battery (I got it about March) and I marked it with a scratch so I can ID it as "new" and I will see if it lasts longer.

For normal everyday use, and no flash photo taking, I am strangely getting about the same battery life from both of my batteries, new and old. But yes, the PICS are what really seem to effect the life.

I also only use the OEM Blackberry batteries although I have a Chinese white label "no name" one I keep in my car, and it doesn't hold much of a charge anymore so it is an "emergency" backup only. That reminds me, it has been about 2 months since I charged it, so I should check it later

I will try this to see what is going on. I recently bought 10 oem batteries and will check to see how the others perform. It is possible out of the 10, the first one I picked could be bad. I don't have the camera pictures issue as you stated, so it could be an app that I am not seeing or a bad battery.

10-28-16 12:49 PM
    I used to have a battery problem with my 9900. It would show a rapid drop in battery life and then it would be magically restored after a battery pull ( same battery) . I think this issue was related to searching for wifi or having certain apps open and running in the background. I could never nail it down. Perhaps a new battery ?

Posted via CB10
    interesting that a battery pull fixed your issue. I wonder if it has something to do with conditioning the battery first? I have my wifi off so I know it is not searching for it but like you said, certain apps might be what is causing my battery to drain fast.

10-28-16 12:55 PM
    I will try this to see what is going on. I recently bought 10 oem batteries and will check to see how the others perform. It is possible out of the 10, the first one I picked could be bad. I don't have the camera pictures issue as you stated, so it could be an app that I am not seeing or a bad battery.

There's always the possibility that the batteries are old -- there's a manufacturing date printed on JM1s -- and were not stored properly, which can result in deterioration even when they have not been used.

Keeping batteries partially charged (~60%) in cool, dry place is key.

Now that I think about it, Ralph's glovebox is probably not the best location
    10-28-16 12:58 PM
    An app that really helped me save battery was WiFi Manager.

It's more of a utility than an app. It automatically turns off WiFi and allows you to set exceptions based on your location.

I wrote about it here:

https://stillboldblog.wordpress.com/...-wifi-manager/

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Thanks for the tip and I will check this out..

10-28-16 12:59 PM

Wow! nice! I think it will find a new home very soon lol

10-28-16 01:06 PM
8,754 ... 132133134135136 ...