from the email addresses you mean?

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    From the Rogers website:

1. Select Options from the home screen.
    2. Select Device.
    3. Select Advanced System Settings.
    4. Select Host Routing Table.
    5. Press the BlackBerry Menu key.
    6. Select Register Now.
    7. A message will prompt with Registration message sent!, click OK.
    10-23-16 05:34 PM
    Man this is really bad! Apple has to get their software act together! in the 2.75 years I owned this iphone it functioned PERFECTLY, never an issue.

UPDATE: The electronics place called and wanted $35 for wiping my 5C clean. I said "aw c'mon guys, I can get a new iphone SE for $0" on a 2 year contract OR if I trade any old phone in at Bestbuy I can upgrade from the 16GB to the 64 GB Iphone SE for free. They accepted $25 for the repair and I think I will just trade this 5C in when BestBuy gets more 64GB models in.

To fully wipe my iphone clean it says I have to login with Apple ID, incert the sim and THEN I can WIPE the full memory on it, that's what I will do.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    Yeah, i remember when iOS9 arrived it fixed the issues that iOS8 caused my 5s, i had a full year with constant problems and battery life issues. Apple always release an iOS update that destroys the battery life in phones, not to mention the USB cables do not last at all, they constantly fray and the wires get exposed, i cant wait to finally have no apple devices they just drain money.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-23-16 05:39 PM
    From the Rogers website:

1. Select Options from the home screen.
    2. Select Device.
    3. Select Advanced System Settings.
    4. Select Host Routing Table.
    5. Press the BlackBerry Menu key.
    6. Select Register Now.
    7. A message will prompt with Registration message sent!, click OK.
    Ah ok, thanks.

Had to put the sim into the iphone to wipe it fully clean, done deal! Going to trade that thing

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 10-23-16 at 06:32 PM.
    10-23-16 06:01 PM
    Yeah, i remember when iOS9 arrived it fixed the issues that iOS8 caused my 5s, i had a full year with constant problems and battery life issues. Apple always release an iOS update that destroys the battery life in phones, not to mention the USB cables do not last at all, they constantly fray and the wires get exposed, i cant wait to finally have no apple devices they just drain money.

iOS 10 takes the cake in my book it has to be the worst. If my buddies new iPhone SE is a slow as my 5C then that tells us something. I'm tempted to just run the BlackBerry and wait until 10.1 comes out
    10-23-16 06:30 PM
    Still no BBM or emails.

When I click the BBM app it still says "setting up BBM" when it should be asking for my BB ID. Until I can enter that info like always before, it's dead.

10-23-16 08:10 PM
    Tried several times, things like signing in to the official Blackberry BBID and BBM login pages but it pretty much has to come from the device, or be ON the device for it to work.

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login/

Reinstalled BBM from app world several times, reinstalled it from OS Explorers, etc. no dice. It STARTS to go to the BBID login page but then quickly switches to "Setting Up BBM" on a blue page and it is eternally stuck there.

There are tons of pages on people having this problem, even on BB10, Z30's and even Priv's. So I still have a lot of reading to do, and tricks to try.

10-24-16 03:40 AM
    Does the following page and various links help?
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...D/td-p/2546717
    idssteve and anon(8063781) like this.
    10-24-16 07:32 AM
    Back in the game

Bold nummer 2 lives! As I suspected, the display was the culprit (at least for one of my Bolds, haven't got the patience now to test the other) and as soon as I put the battery in, it booted right away. I installed a screen protector and it looks almost brand new (minus the scratch on the lower lip). Yayyy!

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20161024_142048.jpg
    9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_20161024_173958.jpg

You can have it in any colour as long as it's black
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-24-16 10:47 AM
    Thanks for that, I went through it. I am able to change my BBID password though (and I did that just to confirm that I entered it right the first time I popped the sim in, and this should have overided if I did it wrong the first time) and it allowed me. But the thing I don't like is there is no confirmation IF we enter it wrong. The only way to know we did it wrong is that you don't get use of your emails.

I never had this issue before, all I had to do was log into BBM and that covered the BBID, and all the notifs started pouring in.

10-24-16 11:04 AM
    Back in the game

Bold nummer 2 lives! As I suspected, the display was the culprit (at least for one of my Bolds, haven't got the patience now to test the other) and as soon as I put the battery in, it booted right away. I installed a screen protector and it looks almost brand new (minus the scratch on the lower lip). Yayyy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161024_142048.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	410533
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161024_173958.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	410534

You can have it in any colour as long as it's black
    Just like you thought! The screen.

Blackerthanblack likes this.
    10-24-16 11:05 AM
    I sure miss BBM on my 9900. I installed BBM on the ipad to dull the pain, it's not the same, not by a long shot.

Edit: So there are 3 things I still cannot do because BBM's login page does not show and it will not recognize my BBID.

Email
    BBM
    and Whatsapp (says it needs to be a verified phone number)

Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 10-24-16 at 11:43 AM.
    10-24-16 11:22 AM
    So I have a choice when it comes to what I want to trade at BestBuy to get the bigger 64GB iphone SE.

Trade the 5C or the 9900, they said they don't care which as long as it works

10-24-16 12:16 PM
    So I have a choice when it comes to what I want to trade at BestBuy to get the bigger 64GB iphone SE.

Trade the 5C or the 9900, they said they don't care which as long as it works

But if you trade the 9900 who will we blame?

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    10-24-16 12:39 PM
    So I popped my SIM back in my Z30 for a couple days, then my Moto G2. Nope. Not gonna work out for me. Back on my Q10 and loving it. And once again I find myself inexplicably considering my 9930 as a viable option, even if it requires me to jump back to Verizon.

10-24-16 12:42 PM
    So there are 3 things I still cannot do because BBM's login page does not show and it will not recognize my BBID.

Email
    BBM
    and Whatsapp (says it needs to be a verified phone number)
    Sorry not much help then.

So this all started when you installed a different version of BBM?
    Can you roll back (restore) to an earlier setup of your 9900 using BlackBerry desktop; assuming that you have appropriate backups?
    Can you reinstall the earlier version of BBM?

Didn't Newfangled have a similar problem with BBM with his 9930?
    10-24-16 02:36 PM
    Sorry not much help then.

So this all started when you installed a different version of BBM?
    Can you roll back (restore) to an earlier setup of your 9900 using BlackBerry desktop; assuming that you have appropriate backups?
    Can you reinstall the earlier version of BBM?

Didn't Newfangled have a similar problem with BBM with his 9930?
    The problem I had was with the BlackBerry ID service not letting me sign in. It would prompt me to login, but when I tried it nothing would happen - it would just keep prompting me to log in. Is that the same problem you are having?
    10-24-16 03:00 PM
    haha DON'T WORRY guys I am NEVER getting rid of this 9900, I dig the keyboard and speed of it too much, still an epic amazing device to enjoy using!!!! I will trade my iphone in even though it could easily do "light duty" with many apps and email still but then what is the point of having an iphone if it cannot even run Facebook without crashing? That's how I view it anyway.

No actually the problem started for me 2 days ago when I put the sim back into the 9900 and I immediately went to BBM to enter my BBID so that I can use email, etc. It DID let me enter my BBID and PW but it never confirmed it was correct (and there is always another PW I use so I sometimes have to enter that in case the first attempt is wrong) and it never CONFIRMS that it was entered correct.

So when I noticed no emails coming in then I went to re-enter it again and it wouldn't bring up the LOG IN page again. So that is why I removed BBM and put it back, but the same thing happened. At first it starts to load the LOG IN page but then jumps to a blue screen with "setting up BBM" and it never loads.

10-24-16 03:29 PM
    oh and no I don't have a Computer so I have no earlier versions saved or whatever. I never needed to do anything like that because it is just a matter of getting the BBID page to show up again on BBM.

I am going to work on it all night tonite and try more things, and that is why I never ordered the iphone SE today like I thought I would be.

10-24-16 03:31 PM
    So I popped my SIM back in my Z30 for a couple days, then my Moto G2. Nope. Not gonna work out for me. Back on my Q10 and loving it. And once again I find myself inexplicably considering my 9930 as a viable option, even if it requires me to jump back to Verizon.

BTW how many devices do you have in total? Are all still "functional?"

10-24-16 03:39 PM
    BTW how many devices do you have in total? Are all still "functional?"

Right now? Just mobile phones?

Let's see...

• BlackBerry Q10 (Unlocked GSM) - current daily driver
    • BlackBerry Z30 (Unlocked GSM)
    • BlackBerry Z10 (Unlocked GSM)
    • BlackBerry Bold 9930 (Unlocked Verizon)
    • BlackBerry Torch 9810 (Unlocked AT&T)
    • BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile)
    • Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen (Unlocked GSM)
    • iPhone 4S (Unlocked AT&T)
    • Nokia Lumia 822 (Unlocked Verizon)
    • Pantech flip phone (AT&T)
    • Samsung T401G feature phone with slide-out QWERTY keyboard (NET10)

I think that's all of them. I've owned several others which I have since sold or given away.

All of them work 100% except the Lumia 822, which has a bad noise-canceling mic and therefore cannot make phone calls because nobody can hear me on the other end of the call. But you can make Skype and other VoIP calls on it just fine, which is kinda weird.

True story: the very first BlackBerry device I ever owned was a PlayBook. The very first BlackBerry phone I ever owned was the Curve 8530.
    10-24-16 03:52 PM

Let's see...

I think that's all of them.
    Oh! So this is normal then? I'm not a strange hoarder of cell phones?
    10-24-16 06:21 PM
    OH

MY

GOODNESS

But ya that Virgin mobile Blackberry you have, I went with the Moto RAZR 1 & 2 with Virgin and they were a great company, ranked right up there with Sasktel from what I recall back in 2008 or so. I remember looking at the 8530, etc.

And you Shus? How many??

10-24-16 06:31 PM
    I also discovered just now that without my BBID entered I have no mobile internet when away from my wifi AND I was not able to even upload pics to Facebook. Which is very weird because I am able to make a new Status or comment other posts, etc!!!!

10-24-16 06:32 PM

Let's see...

I think that's all of them. I've owned several others which I have since sold or given away.

All of them work 100% except the Lumia 822, which has a bad noise-canceling mic and therefore cannot make phone calls because nobody can hear me on the other end of the call. But you can make Skype and other VoIP calls on it just fine, which is kinda weird.

True story: the very first BlackBerry device I ever owned was a PlayBook. The very first BlackBerry phone I ever owned was the Curve 8530.
    Is the Samsung TG401G the T-mobile Sidekick 4G?

10-24-16 07:47 PM
    It's almost like Rogers isn't supporting BIS, but I doubt this is the case. I am reading everything I can for this issue, pretty common in the CF forums dating back to 2011 but there are no REAL CLEAR solutions yet

10-24-16 08:59 PM
8,754 ... 129130131132133 ...