Back on iPhone for a little while but will still use 9900 to respond on CrackBerry as much as possible. Now on iOS 10 the CrackBerry iOS app notifications don't work but the text notifs do.
    10-17-16 11:07 AM
    I was going to reply to you about your video but for the life of me I could never seem to consistently invoke the menu in order to reply. CB on BBOS not intuitive at all.

Are there any instructions for the BBOS CB app anywhere??
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-17-16 at 01:46 PM. Reason: .
    10-17-16 12:00 PM
    I was going to reply to you about your video but for the life of me I could never seem to consistently invoke the menu in order to reply. CB on BBOS not intuitive at all.

Are there any instructions for the BBOS CB app anywhere??
    like anything, if you get to know it, it becomes second nature. You hit the Blackberry button and options pop up. It's fast and efficient. I guess in the video I should have shown the options for posting, like posting a link to a post in reply to someone, etc. Remember these are professional devices so don't expect everything to be as easy-peezy as an iphone

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-17-16 05:19 PM
    BTW to invoke the menu for options when replying or starting a new post you hit the dotted BB buttin, then swipe on the Trackpad and you will see the posting options for adding links, etc. Do that a few times and after that it becomes so easy you will be doing it without even thinking about it.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-17-16 05:21 PM
    Well I can compose a reply but how do you send ?
    10-17-16 05:45 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2015/09/...-other-brands/

Bbnivende likes this.
    10-18-16 01:01 AM
    Well I can compose a reply but how do you send ?
    What do you mean "send?" You mean just posting the reply? Just scroll to the botton and there is a Post option.

I made another short vid to show how links are posted in the CB app while using the CB app Task Bar.....new thread pending.....

10-18-16 01:11 AM
    Great thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-18-16 01:18 AM
    Great thanks.

Funny ... the post symbol was the word OK!

My PKB is really stiff. You really have to press more than on a VKB.

10-18-16 01:23 AM
    Great thanks.

Here ya go, just for you lol

VIDEO: How To Paste Links in CB App
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1089020
    10-18-16 01:39 AM
    Observation:

In the 2 weeks since my monthly data on my plan reset I used a total of a measily 50 mb's on the 9900.

In ONE DAY of using the iphone I somehow managed to burn through an additional 450 Mb's and I have no idea HOW.

This just goes to show how great BIS is.

If anyone has a plan where they don't have enough data (and on my plan I pay another $75 if I use more than 5GB's) then this is the device to consider using!!!!!

idssteve likes this.
    10-18-16 03:10 AM
    Great thanks.

Welcome to the fun!! .

Unlike zero force, zero displacement capacitive touch, demanding constant diligence to prevent unintended inputs, PKB requires some non-zero force over some non-zero displacement... Minimal doubt you're generating input.
    I, personally, find the ability to lightly wrest a thumb on the keyboard to be relaxing. Forced to hold thumb elevated using VKB, the back side of my thumb down to almost my wrist experiences some "quivering fatigue" by end of a hard Z30 VKB day, for example. Our 99's exquisite PKB, in contrast, never ceases to charm more words from my thumbs...

Btw, I've long found thumb nails to be faster & more precise than thumb pads. Especially on even more compact sculptured KBs like 9650. Might give it a try??
    10-18-16 08:10 AM
    Observation:

In the 2 weeks since my monthly data on my plan reset I used a total of a measily 50 mb's on the 9900.

In ONE DAY of using the iphone I somehow managed to burn through an additional 450 Mb's and I have no idea HOW.

This just goes to show how great BIS is.

If anyone has a plan where they don't have enough data (and on my plan I pay another $75 if I use more than 5GB's) then this is the device to consider using!!!!!

Even my Pre3 uses a lot more data than my 9900, and I don't even have BIS for compression.

Somewhere in the iOS settings, you can choose which apps have access to cellular data. On my wife's iPhone, I've turned off everything except the services she uses when out of the house. I suspect your social networking apps and all those images and video links, but the maps can also be data hogs. So can iCloud syncing.
    10-18-16 09:34 AM
    Even my Pre3 uses a lot more data than my 9900, and I don't even have BIS for compression.

Somewhere in the iOS settings, you can choose which apps have access to cellular data. On my wife's iPhone, I've turned off everything except the services she uses when out of the house. I suspect your social networking apps and all those images and video links, but the maps can also be data hogs. So can iCloud syncing.
    Yes and also the "App refresh," but I think you might be referring to this as well?

I also turned off "Wifi Assist" under CELLULAR, ever since they defaulted it to ON when iOS 9 (I think it was) came around, because people noticed their data useage went soaring.

It's not too much of a concern for me, but more of an observation. I am fortunate to still have this plan from 2011 and it is generous with the allowed data I have. I think they gave us 5GB's on plans like this back then because they knew the average BlackBerry user could never come close to using that much.
    10-18-16 11:20 AM
    I think they gave us 5GB's on plans like this back then because they knew the average BlackBerry user could never come close to using that much.
    I think you're right. That's probably why carriers had unlimited plans in the U.S. In the last couple of years, they've been in the process of eliminating those plans, because a modern smartphone can consume so much more data than it's 2010 or 2011 predecessor.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-18-16 07:33 PM
    Good evening to you all !

Have a question regarding the keyboard or more specifically the frets between the keys.

Had changed my keyboard in April.
    it works perfectly but the silver is already wearing off at some places.
    ( right below trackpad )

Do yours also have similar issues ?
    10-18-16 07:37 PM

Have a question regarding the keyboard or more specifically the frets between the keys.

( right below trackpad )

Hi goodayeh

Haven't had that issue with my 9900 but it has the original keyboard.

This might be where Ralph comes in and gets into the whole thing about OEM and knockoff remplacements. But then Shuswap had a different take on that.

Hi all. Still around yup but life is hectic right now. Good to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 10:08 PM
    I used the original keyboard on that BlackBerry of mine for the better part of the year and no issues and previous owner left it in pretty good shape. I use the skin part or pad of my thumbs when I type and not my fingernails so maybe that has something to do with the fact I don't wear out keyboards or scratch them. I try to keep my fingernails a short as possible because I don't want to go through keyboards like Steve ;-)
    10-19-16 01:38 AM

( right below trackpad )

I've never had any chrome wear off the frets, but if you look at the used units on eBay, a lot of them show that kind of wear. I'm not sure why it happens. Ralph might be right about fingernails. The only other possibilities I can think of are people putting them face down on surfaces, throwing them in a purse with keys (my wife does that ), or poor manufacturing (which, as Ursus points out, resurrects the recurrent spectre of poor Chinese factory workers churning out $5 fakes!).

TL;DR: I've seen this frequently on eBay; don't know why it happens.
    10-19-16 08:54 AM
    I used the original keyboard on that BlackBerry of mine for the better part of the year and no issues and previous owner left it in pretty good shape. I use the skin part or pad of my thumbs when I type and not my fingernails so maybe that has something to do with the fact I don't wear out keyboards or scratch them. I try to keep my fingernails a short as possible because I don't want to go through keyboards like Steve ;-)
    Haha... Nails definitely wear keyboard paint AND the chrome plating on the separator frets. Lol. "I", "O", "T", "Y", "Enter" and "del" wear most on mine. Some wear till they're unreadable but I never really look at them anyway. Have had occasions where the half worn chrome snags my nail which upsets the sliding flow muscle memory is expecting. I've scraped the remaining chrome off with a pocket knife to mitigate that issue. I don't mind the appearance of black frets but then I so rarely look at the keyboard so...

New KB is only fix. Been tempted to try white KB on theory that the wear might be less noticeable but my company has several hundred spare black oem KBs so...
    10-19-16 10:48 AM
    Thanks all for your replies.

I think my problem is from using thumb nails.

Also might have put car keys in same pocket with my phone a few times.

From now on :
    Classic front left pocket.
    Bold left back pocket.
    Keys front right pocket.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-19-16 12:06 PM
    Or your key's can still go in your left front pocket, no harm done
    10-19-16 10:40 PM
    Someone mentioned loose track pads on a 9700 in another thread and even though my 9780s became a little loose, so what? My 9780 worked perfectly I never had a track pad problem. I really don't think this is even worth mentioning by others. My 9900's was always tight even with the original keyboard. My new white keyboard with the new track pad is tight as well, absolutely no movement.

So what if the trackpad is slightly loose, I just don't think it's an issue, certainly not a functional one.

This reminds me of someone I knew who had a BMW and he complained that the shifter knob was slightly loose. Boo Hoo life is so hard.
    10-19-16 11:22 PM
    Or your key's can still go in your left front pocket, no harm done
    Yeah must protect the Bold at all costs!

It's funny because I had gotten the Z10 to replace the Bold, but it never happened.
    I ended up carrying both devices.

Am now trying to replace it with a Classic.
    It is very nice !
    However, still cannot let go of my trusty Bold!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 11:29 PM
    Yeah must protect the Bold at all costs!

It's funny because I had gotten the Z10 to replace the Bold, but it never happened.
    I ended up carrying both devices.

Am now trying to replace it with a Classic.
    It is very nice !
    However, still cannot let go of my trusty Bold!

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha well as for me, after a few days of using my iPhone again I'm just about going bonkers. iOS 10 is so temperamental and glitchy for me. When someone calls and I'm surfing on the net or something, the phone answers the call I didn't tell it to it just does. I didn't hear it ring it just shows the name of the person calling and decides to answer. That's annoying! Another issue is when I press the home button to open my apps I have to wait about five seconds. My buddy with the same iPhone 5c has his work instantaneously. I tell you after three days with this iPhone you absolutely appreciate physical buttons and having full control!
    10-19-16 11:33 PM
8,754 ... 126127128129130 ...