Just an observation of something a bit annoying is when posting a pic to CB app via "File" it takes so long for the pics to load to find the one you want to post.

Its almost like they have to all load from the net on dial-up, yet you would think it would be fast because it is off the Micro SD Card.

Strange that this is painfully slow and everything else is so fast on this device.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-09-16 05:01 PM
    Just an observation of something a bit annoying is when posting a pic to CB app via "File" it takes so long for the pics to load to find the one you want to post.

Its almost like they have to all load from the net on dial-up, yet you would think it would be fast because it is off the Micro SD Card.

Strange that this is painfully slow and everything else is so fast on this device.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve

You're right. The 9900 is quite snappy on the latest builds. But significant downloads tend to be slow (like podcast and app downloads, even on WiFi). So I'm not surprised that uploads are slow too. It's the price you pay for using a device from 2011.

I think I've found a couple of possibilities on eBay. I HATE waiting for auctions to end. I thought I was going to be mellow and patient when I got older.
    10-09-16 09:45 PM
    Guess what device is also known as the "Bold 4."

Does that make the 9790 the "Bold 5"?
    10-09-16 09:47 PM
    You're right. The 9900 is quite snappy on the latest builds. But significant downloads tend to be slow (like podcast and app downloads, even on WiFi). So I'm not surprised that uploads are slow too. It's the price you pay for using a device from 2011.

I think I've found a couple of possibilities on eBay. I HATE waiting for auctions to end. I thought I was going to be mellow and patient when I got older.
    So perhaps it is not that the device is "slow" (as I have shown on some vids) but maybe it is because for uploading a pic with FILE, it is slow because I am on a very old version of OS7.1.....

I gotta say, I'm always leary to install a later version after all the jamming I experienced on my 9790. But then I realize that the version I had on my 9790 was probably the same as what I am using NOW on the 9900 because I had that 9790 near the end of 2013

it gives me a good reason to delete some pics I don't need anymore anyway

10-09-16 09:52 PM
    oh I should add that I sometimes reinstall apps like CB and others and it is quite fast on mine. Youtube vids are actially faster to upload than on my iphone and on the iphone it is not as convienient because the tags have to be added after, and then you have to click EDIT after it has been uploaded.

The 9900 is just so much nicer to use and HOW it is set up, for me anyway. It is like Blackberry thought of everything when you want to do something, you click the dotted BB button and there is a full page of activities/options to choose from.

Just an awesome experience.

10-09-16 09:55 PM
    Shuswap, how much are you willing to pay for a 9900

and

are you looking for new/used/unlocked?

10-09-16 09:58 PM
    Does that make the 9790 the "Bold 5"?
    haha, I saw someone say this in CB, and I had to Google it to verify. It's a new one to me. Perhaps in another far away country they refer to them as Bold 4.

I knew about "Dakota"

10-09-16 10:01 PM
    Hate to hijack this thread, but this is what I'm currently running: 7.1 Bundle 2435 (v7.1.0.862, Platform 5.1.0.622. US AT&T

Is this the latest OS? Thanks.
    10-11-16 02:24 PM
    Hate to hijack this thread, but this is what I'm currently running: 7.1 Bundle 2435 (v7.1.0.862, Platform 5.1.0.622. US AT&T

Is this the latest OS? Thanks.
    You can't possibly hijack this thread. There would have to be a perceptible central purpose to the thread before it could be hijacked!

The latest OS is 7.1.0.1098. You have a choice of a couple of different bundles:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-o2-uk-865486/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ntina-1000898/

My Bold 9900 (rest it's little keyboarded soul) was on the O2 UK version, and it ran without issue: snappy performance, no noticeable memory leaks, and great battery life.

On second thought, maybe we've all hijacked this thread...
    10-11-16 03:35 PM

On second thought, maybe we've all hijacked this thread...
    ONLY if you don't answer my question above about "how much you are willing to pay for a 9900"

10-11-16 03:44 PM
    ONLY if you don't answer my question above about "how much you are willing to pay for a 9900"

I didn't see that!

Talk about putting me on the spot. Well, I was hoping to find something heavily used, potentially with a cracked screen, etc., because all I need is a functional motherboard. I've looked through the completed listings on eBay, and it should be possible to get one for under $40 shipped. I've missed a couple because I was at work, forgot the auction ending time, or thought I had already bought one (grrrr...) where the seller reneged.

Locked or unlocked doesn't matter. With the exception of a select few variants, most Bolds can be unlocked for $1.

Maybe I'm too patient, because I have a couple of backups that I like (a Pre3 and Q10 in particular).

Oh, and I might add that prices seem to have risen since someone started a certain thread. #blameRalph
    10-11-16 07:36 PM
    I didn't see that!

Talk about putting me on the spot. Well, I was hoping to find something heavily used, potentially with a cracked screen, etc., because all I need is a functional motherboard. I've looked through the completed listings on eBay, and it should be possible to get one for under $40 shipped. I've missed a couple because I was at work, forgot the auction ending time, or thought I had already bought one (grrrr...) where the seller reneged.

Locked or unlocked doesn't matter. With the exception of a select few variants, most Bolds can be unlocked for $1.

Maybe I'm too patient, because I have a couple of backups that I like (a Pre3 and Q10 in particular).

Oh, and I might add that prices seem to have risen since someone started a certain thread. #blameRalph
    Haha well i'm thinking we should ALL chip in and get you a new one from that Hong Kong warehouse (white 9900-unlocked) for all the work you do in here. And don't worry I'm sure Kim K is getting a lawsuit ready against me for this

But seriously I would like to see how YOUR experiences go with a 99 because so many people have issues setting up certain things, say Emails. But you seem to "have it together" on the tech end so I think it might be interesting.

10-11-16 08:13 PM
    Haha well i'm thinking we should ALL chip in and get you a new one from that Hong Kong warehouse (white 9900-unlocked) for all the work you do in here. And don't worry I'm sure Kim K is getting a lawsuit ready against me for this

But seriously I would like to see how YOUR experiences go with a 99 because so many people have issues setting up certain things, say Emails. But you seem to "have it together" on the tech end so I think it might be interesting.

Well, since I don't have BIS on Koodo, I use a number of workarounds that I think most people aren't willing to bother with -- although there seem to be a few die-hards who work their way through the Bold without BIS thread.

Email's not a problem until the big three (Yahoo, MS, and Google) change the security on SMTP. At that point, I won't be able to get LogicMail working again.

Anyone see Ursus around lately? He seems to have disappeared. Maybe his life got busy.
    10-11-16 08:32 PM
    I like to think BBOS has never lost its popularity; we've just been a bit quiet on here
    For some of us every day is like 2011, and because of the device I am ok living in the past

10-11-16 08:36 PM
    Would be cool if you attempted setting one up, and chronicle it, step by step. Would make for an interesting read.

Ursus, not in a couple days at least. Didn't he get a 9320 (or whatever) to play with........

10-11-16 08:38 PM
    Would be cool if you attempted setting one up, and chronicle it, step by step. Would make for an interesting read.

Ursus, not in a couple days at least. Didn't he get a 9320 (or whatever) to play with........

Hmmm.... maybe he's over in the Curve forums....

I'm going to check!
    10-11-16 08:40 PM
    Nobody's posted there since August
    10-11-16 08:44 PM
    Nobody's posted there since August
    I was going to say IF he was there, we will have to buy a shorter leash I'll BBM him.

10-11-16 08:47 PM
    I wonder how the old 9780 Forum is doing. I posted vids and pics of when I put the gold chassis on mine. Man that thing had a stiff KB.

I gave my 9780 to a buddy but he never activated it yet. He never had a cell before. Probably NOT a great "novice" device to learn on for a first phone, unless he has a rocket-science degree.

10-11-16 08:50 PM
    I wonder how the old 9780 Forum is doing. I posted vids and pics of when I put the gold chassis on mine. Man that thing had a stiff KB.

I gave my 9780 to a buddy but he never activated it yet. He never had a cell before. Probably NOT a great "novice" device to learn on for a first phone, unless he has a rocket-science degree.

I think the iPhone is probably the easiest device for first timers. It's a relatively simple interface. Kind of reminds me of Windows 3.1!
    10-11-16 09:13 PM
    I think the iPhone is probably the easiest device for first timers. It's a relatively simple interface. Kind of reminds me of Windows 3.1!
    Absolutely, I think they try to make it as simple as possible. Smart though. People of all ages can just start to use it. People like to avoid stress as much as possible and I think in today's world, people even have LESS patience. I heard somewhere that people's attention span is something like 2.2 seconds, or something like that. So we see tv commercials with dazzling fireworks and car stunts, all probably a "ploy" to keep people plastered for as long as possible.

My point, most people I'm betting don't want to bother with a complex OS and of course some aspects of ios MAY be complicated or troublesome for some, but they were targeting a mass market there, fo sho.

10-11-16 09:26 PM
    Absolutely, I think they try to make it as simple as possible. Smart though. People of all ages can just start to use it. People like to avoid stress as much as possible and I think in today's world, people even have LESS patience. I heard somewhere that people's attention span is something like 2.2 seconds, or something like that. So we see tv commercials with dazzling fireworks and car stunts, all probably a "ploy" to keep people plastered for as long as possible.

My point, most people I'm betting don't want to bother with a complex OS and of course some aspects of ios MAY be complicated or troublesome for some, but they were targeting a mass market there, fo sho.

Oh, I didn't mean that comment to sound insulting, if it did. I liked Windows 3.1. Given that I'm in this forum, I may be giving away more about myself than I'd like to, but I used Windows 3.1 as my daily driver until 2003. It did everything that I needed to do.

Given that all my work is done in Word and Excel, and no useful features have been added to those programs since the 90s, I could still do everything I need to do on Windows 3.1, except get email and print.
    10-11-16 09:52 PM
    Oh, I didn't mean that comment to sound insulting, if it did. I liked Windows 3.1. Given that I'm in this forum, I may be giving away more about myself than I'd like to, but I used Windows 3.1 as my daily driver until 2003. It did everything that I needed to do.

Given that all my work is done in Word and Excel, and no useful features have been added to those programs since the 90s, I could still do everything I need to do on Windows 3.1, except get email and print.
    Ok Ok we won't tease about the 3.1 BUT you weren't the only one to suggest ios is made "simple" for a reason I was agreeing with you fully actually, .........

"it is the Zac Effron of phones, it is the all singing all dancing pretty face that appeals to everyone. Clean cut American fun"

I have read a ton of articles like this and even Apple seems to brag about it being a "simple" OS....

Apologies to all our friends that also use iphones (myself included)

http://m.thenational.ae/blogs/plugge...-simple-minded

10-11-16 09:59 PM

I have read a ton of articles like this and even Apple seems to brag about it being a "simple" OS....

Apologies to all our friends that also use iphones (myself included)

'simple' or 'just works' wasn't that always the Apple philosophy?
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-12-16 02:50 AM

Scroll back to my earlier post #1882 (and the cross-referenced #1523) to get free unlock codes for any 9900 from BBCS.
    It worked a treat for me ...
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 10-12-16 at 05:44 AM.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-12-16 03:00 AM
8,754 ... 123124125126127 ...