Lol. At the risk of repeating myself, that's definitely the Motorola Backflip.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    As opposed to the Bautista Batflip

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-07-16 12:47 PM
    Yay! 3000+ posts and the usual "Pryo Trolls" haven't ignited any Flame Fests! Thanks be to Ralph for this peaceful sanctuary of a thread! Dedicated to THE most superbly refined communications instrument to ever fit a human hand!

Maybe the "Blame Ralph!" T shirt needs to include a SMALL cell phone pocket...?? Haha...

On cooler mornings, one of my crew has been wearing a 100% cotton hoodie supposedly designed by an Apple engineer... She catches grief over that but thinks maybe there's room in the "Blame Ralph!" Apparel line up for a well engineered hoodie?? One with a SMALL cell phone pocket, of course.. Lol.
    Hearty huzzahs ! All around
    Cheers, everyone...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-07-16 12:55 PM
    What am I missing here?
    Nothing other than me having received my 9900 today
    Ursus Rufus and anon(9721108) like this.
    10-07-16 01:13 PM
    So I'm having massive issues getting facebook messenger to work. It keeps crashing, and when I get it to work, I don't recieve notifications. Any idea what to do?
    10-07-16 03:17 PM
    Nothing other than me having received my 9900 today
    Ah ok lol congrats!

As for FB Messenger app I gave up on that when I tried it back in January or so. It was bad. I got good at using just the browser version of FB and you learn to navagate quickly and efficiently, PLUS the native FB app that came with your 9900 is still excellent BUT if you want inbox messages to have an audible notification don't close the app, just be "Online" and let it run in the background.

Another thing to NOT do is update the FB app, don't do it! Just run on whatever came in your phone because once you update it from App World you are stuck with a "shortcut" to the browser version. So technically I have both and fine each useful for different types of tasks.

If you DO happen to do the FB app update and you lose your FB app, I have a link to re-install it and that is what I have been using with perfection now for almost a year.
    10-07-16 03:55 PM
    Funny thing is, I can't find the Facebook app....

It should be on my 9900, but I cannot find it anywhere. I have the option of updating it, but I really don't want to do that, but the app itself I cannot find. Extremely odd....
    10-07-16 04:09 PM
    If you DO happen to do the FB app update and you lose your FB app, I have a link to re-install it and that is what I have been using with perfection now for almost a year.
    A link to the FB app would be much appreciated!
    10-07-16 04:19 PM
    Yup, find the FB link for OS7.1 on this page and it only takes a minute to install....

BlackBerry OTA Downloads
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    10-07-16 04:41 PM
    The wifi is working again, there was something wrong with the wifi as it lost connection on my laptop and iphone at the same time but only blackberry told me this message, I believe that somebody hacks the wifi because I only have one saved wifi network and only use my home wifi because of how easy it is to hack your phone with public or unsecured wifi.
    Half the time I cannot get my iphone Hotspot to connect to my ipad when I am away from my home wifi, so I do use public. For whatever device I am using at the time I TRY to go data only but it doesn't always work out that way
    10-07-16 04:52 PM
    By "Notes" are you guys talking about "Tasks" under the Applications folder? Because if you aren't I can't find anything on the 9900 that says "Notes" like my 9780 did.

Did they rename this or something????

PS I have a pic to post to show what I am talking about but having some CB app issues right now..
    10-07-16 04:56 PM
    Yup, find the FB link for OS7.1 on this page and it only takes a minute to install....

BlackBerry OTA Downloads
    Thanks!

Unfortunately that only works on WiFi it seems... Damned country and no BIS option...
    10-07-16 05:18 PM
    Thanks!

Unfortunately that only works on WiFi it seems... Damned country and no BIS option...
    Internet cafe? Park outside and install it, no need to even buy a coffee
    10-07-16 06:32 PM
    Pretty sure I was once paying VZW an additional $20 or so per month per BB device... That's a possible explanation for why we got a "sort of" Bold in the Q10 and then a "kind of" Bold in the Classic.
    Yeah; I got BIS for free because the corporation I worked for had a discount deal for employee "enterprise" plans.

Not only does BIS revenue explain the schizophrenia when BlackBerry 10 launched, it also explains why the BIS NOC is still running more than 3 years after BlackBerry announced its planned shutdown.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    10-07-16 07:49 PM
    I've decided to give my bold 9900 another try but this time as my main driver. Glad to be back! I have worked out all the little issues I was dealing with and read a bunch of informative solutions on how to have your bold working seamless. I also use my bold along with my original Passport and both complement each other well. Right now I'm typing with my passport but using my bold's Hotspot! I use the bold when I want to and it has been a lot lately. Especially when I leave the house, the bold is the only device I take and off we go!

 Blackberry Passport
    idssteve and Ursus Rufus like this.
    10-07-16 10:44 PM
    I've decided to give my bold 9900 another try but this time as my main driver. Glad to be back! I have worked out all the little issues I was dealing with and read a bunch of informative solutions on how to have your bold working seamless. I also use my bold along with my original Passport and both complement each other well. Right now I'm typing with my passport but using my bold's Hotspot! I use the bold when I want to and it has been a lot lately. Especially when I leave the house, the bold is the only device I take and off we go!

 Blackberry Passport
    Nice! I've been tinkering with my 9930 a bit this evening and am reminded why the keyboard is the best of any BlackBerry I've used. And the toolbelt is indispensable for navigation and text editing.

The size is even better than my Q10. I've been wanting to try a Classic because I want to see how a toolbelt works with BB10, but I'm concerned the phone will seem too big. And not having a removable battery is a problem, too.

Ugh. I find myself actually considering giving my 9930 another go. And I know it would be lacking in a couple of key software areas. But everything else about it is just too good.

Posted from my BlackBerry Bold 9930
    sesp9 and Ursus Rufus like this.
    10-07-16 11:39 PM

 Blackberry Passport
    Cool. Anyone is welcome in our group who is a fan of ANY PKB, I'm sure we like to hear about them all.

When you say issues to run "seamless" I am betting you are referring to email or gmail?

Keep us posted, inquiring minds want to know!

Team 9900
    sesp9 likes this.
    10-08-16 12:15 AM

Ugh. I find myself actually considering giving my 9930 another go.
    You know, THIS actually almost makes this entire thread worth it just to hear you say that lols.

Do me a favour and while you are on that beauty, check under your "applications" folder and see if you see "Notes" or "Memo.". Mine says "Memo" and I think it might be the exact same thing as Notes.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-08-16 12:20 AM
    For some reason, just for this thread I have to use the normal Browser otherwise the CB app jams, I get the spinning clock and I have to reboot. BUT for every other thread in the CB app it works perfectly. This started today and it usually works itself out but still, pretty annoying.

Also uninstalled the CB app and reinstalled and same issue.....for now.
    10-08-16 12:23 AM
    So facebook installed. I hadn't read the fine print, that it only runs on wifi. Gmail is giving me a bit of a headache but I'll get it.

This little phone is way way better than I expected. I like my Q10, and the keyboard on it, but the 9900 keyboard blasts it out of the water!
    sesp9, idssteve and Ursus Rufus like this.
    10-08-16 01:15 AM
    Cool. Anyone is welcome in our group who is a fan of ANY PKB, I'm sure we like to hear about them all.

When you say issues to run "seamless" I am betting you are referring to email or gmail?

Keep us posted, inquiring minds want to know!

Team 9900
    Hey Ralph, actually I'm one of the few that didn't experience problems setting up my emails. It was the battery saving mode on software 7.0. When it was on, I would get a black screen, random restarts and battery life was not good at all. Frequent freezes and constant battery pulls became cumbersome. Next, I updated the software to 7.1 and now my battery saving mode issues are all gone! I can turn the feature on with no issues as stated. I then installed must have apps like advance os and led, enabling the device optimizer does help make my bold run smoother. The other is deklikken, it is a multi click funtion for shortcuts like flashlight, camera etc. You can set your one and only convenience key to have mutiple shortcuts to your apps!
    idssteve and Ursus Rufus like this.
    10-08-16 01:29 AM
    So facebook installed. I hadn't read the fine print, that it only runs on wifi. Gmail is giving me a bit of a headache but I'll get it.

This little phone is way way better than I expected. I like my Q10, and the keyboard on it, but the 9900 keyboard blasts it out of the water!
    The Gmail issue I had also.

The thing to do in Gmail is log into Gmail on desktop mode and click Settings, find the toggle switch to "Allow Less Secure Devices" and turn it ON.

Here.....

Unable to integrate Gmail accounts to a BlackBerry Internet Service account
    sweeperdk likes this.
    10-08-16 02:08 AM
    Hey Ralph, actually I'm one of the few that didn't experience problems setting up my emails. It was the battery saving mode on software 7.0. When it was on, I would get a black screen, random restarts and battery life was not good at all. Frequent freezes and constant battery pulls became cumbersome. Next, I updated the software to 7.1 and now my battery saving mode issues are all gone! I can turn the feature on with no issues as stated. I then installed must have apps like advance os and led, enabling the device optimizer does help make my bold run smoother. The other is deklikken, it is a multi click funtion for shortcuts like flashlight, camera etc. You can set your one and only convenience key to have mutiple shortcuts to your apps!
    I don't bother with battery saving mode, I just carry a spare battery
    10-08-16 02:12 AM
    Oh and also I have no problems using Facebook or any other app OFF wifi and data runs smooth on mine, nice and fast.
    10-08-16 02:13 AM
    Oh and also I have no problems using Facebook or any other app OFF wifi and data runs smooth on mine, nice and fast.
    Must be the BIS doing its thing there.
    10-08-16 02:38 AM
    Must be the BIS doing its thing there.
    Nope, because even when my sim card is in the iphone I can use the 99 for FB, twitter, basically everything but emails and texting.

There is something you must have to do yet. I'm sure someone will make suggestions....
    10-08-16 02:58 AM
8,754 ... 121122123124125 ...