ATT in the US does have BIS.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    10-06-16 01:17 PM
    I remember when Blackberry said they were going to charge for BIS, maybe it was just in the US? There were a lot of upset people. We pay so much for our plans in Canada that it should be included, and always was AFAIK.

I thought there was a device that had the navagation on the back though, not a simple button but something to actually move the cursor on a screen or whatever, I could be wrong.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    Lol. At the risk of repeating myself, that's definitely the Motorola Backflip.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    10-06-16 01:24 PM
    IKR! First I tried to change it off the ipad on desktop safari mode but there was no place to do it there. I was suprised I had to click Settings in the CB app on the 99 to do it. Whodathunkit!

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    Well done Ralph you took post number 3000 - there should be a prize for that ... maybe a new 9900, or perhaps that should be for whoever hits the 9900th post
    10-06-16 03:01 PM
    Well done Ralph you took post number 3000 - there should be a prize for that ... maybe a new 9900, or perhaps that should be for whoever hits the 9900th post
    Maybe a "Blame Ralph" T shirt?? Lol.
    10-06-16 03:11 PM
    Maybe a "Blame Ralph" T shirt?? Lol.
    This needs to be a thing.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-06-16 03:46 PM
    Only if Kim Kardashian wears the shirt and I get 70 no 80% of the profits ;-)
    10-06-16 07:20 PM
    Free 9900s for all! Oh wait there are none left, I'm off the hook :-)
    10-06-16 07:21 PM
    Yay! 3000+ posts and the usual "Pryo Trolls" haven't ignited any Flame Fests! Thanks be to Ralph for this peaceful sanctuary of a thread! Dedicated to THE most superbly refined communications instrument to ever fit a human hand!

Maybe the "Blame Ralph!" T shirt needs to include a SMALL cell phone pocket...?? Haha...

On cooler mornings, one of my crew has been wearing a 100% cotton hoodie supposedly designed by an Apple engineer... She catches grief over that but thinks maybe there's room in the "Blame Ralph!" Apparel line up for a well engineered hoodie?? One with a SMALL cell phone pocket, of course.. Lol.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-07-16 12:36 AM
    Dedicated to THE most superbly refined communications instrument to ever fit a human hand!
    It looks like I just found your next Post signature!

Better blame yourself too, and everyone else who comments here because YOU all are keeping the soul of the Model 9900/9930 alive and relevant!

Sidenote: been reading about all the cool new ios 10 features like "Call Announce" and still am not tempted. It's too cold outside to go play Pokemon anyway

Nope, to me this still feels like a brand new device and the new KB is mostly responsible for that.

Trolls? I think we had a few in the first 10 or so posts but they got squished pretty quick. Buggy things are pretty E Z to squish

Besides they should feel sorry for us using such an "antique" device as some have said. But at least we are using Pure 100% Blackberry with Blackberry software the way they were intended to be used, and doing it with speed, productivity, accuracy and most importantly.....STYLE ^_^
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-07-16 02:41 AM
    Never tried them but looks like several apps available might add something resembling "Call Announce" to our 99s. ??? I'm happy with identifying individual contacts thru their assigned unique ring tone & led color/flash rate.

Had voice announce capability on our land line office phones, years ago. Turned out too awkward to be discussing a client's project while he hears the name of his competitor calling in... Haha... We have quite a number of competing, and/or collaborating, clients. Depending on the project. Quite an interesting interaction of sensitivities, at times. Lol. Announcing names in a busy office might not be a great idea at times. Lol.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    10-07-16 05:50 AM
    So this happened

10-07-16 05:58 AM
    So this wifi issue happened again where it displayed a persons name and email address even though it's not associated with the home wifi network. I have no idea what this means, is the wifi network being hacked because this is the second times it's happened where it's asking me if I want to continue using the wifi as its not secure.
    10-07-16 06:03 AM
    I am using a Q10, which is only very slightly taller than the 9900/9930. And I do still have my brand new 9930 which I bought new-sealed-in-box and used only a couple weeks. I will never sell it, although it lacks a couple software features I absolutely need, which is why I'm on BB10. But I digress.

I do miss having toolbelt, but I love the swappable battery. The Q10 is the only BB10 phone with a physical keyboard AND swappable battery.

I love the Q10 form factor so much that I am actually returning a Passport SE I bought just last week because I found it entirely too bulky and heavy to lug around as my daily driver. I also found the Passport typing experience to be entirely unsuitable to my personal typing style.
    The Q10 is a very capable device � I've gone back to using mine for the last couple of months following problems that have rendered my 9900s useless, and I've grown to appreciate it more now than when I first bought it; where I used it for ~6 months and then went back to being Bold.
    The form factor and size is about as close to the 9900 as you can get, and that replaceable battery is a winning feature. In many areas (e.g. active sync, range of available apps) the Q10 beats the 9900 but as you and others rightly indicate there is nothing better for accurate selection & editing of text than that glorious trackpad - it's the single feature that I really miss.
    For me the Classic seems a bit on the large size and the lack of removable battery is enough to keep with Q10 (for now).
    idssteve and anon(6038817) like this.
    10-07-16 07:46 AM
    So this wifi issue happened again where it displayed a persons name and email address even though it's not associated with the home wifi network. I have no idea what this means, is the wifi network being hacked because this is the second times it's happened where it's asking me if I want to continue using the wifi as its not secure. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8da4cf4303.jpg
    Well, I can't honestly claim experience with that message but just covering the basics, do you know who Daniel and [email protected] are?? Is there an unsuccessful email trying to send? Is "Meteor - eircom03624121" an open wifi? Is it yours? Can you check its firewall, etc settings?

Off topic, but even with that splash screen covering most of the home screen, you can still see your wifi ssid, you're connected to 5bars of EDGE with BIS, you have bluetooth turned off, you have an alarm set, and your battery is low... Lol. Not trying invade your space or anything, just pointing out how efficiently our 99s keep users informed.
    10-07-16 07:48 AM
    I need to stop reading posts in this thread. Pointing out all these subtle advantages the 99XX still has over other devices, you guys are gonna drive me back to my 9930 when I know full well it doesn't support some features I need.
    Did I not predict this earlier ....?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12480157
    Once it's in your blood, there's just no cure!
    10-07-16 07:53 AM
    Well, I can't honestly claim experience with that message but just covering the basics, do you know who Daniel and [email protected] are?? Is there an unsuccessful email trying to send? Is "Meteor - eircom03624121" an open wifi? Is it yours? Can you check its firewall, etc settings?

Off topic, but even with that splash screen covering most of the home screen, you can still see your wifi ssid, you're connected to 5bars of EDGE with BIS, you have bluetooth turned off, and your battery is low... Lol. Not trying invade your space or anything, just pointing out how efficiently our 99s keep users informed.
    I took that picture at 11,48pm last night, the battery had lasted about 12 hours. Meteor is the name of my cell network and Eircom is the name of the wifi provider (they're actually the same company haha) anyway, this is a secure wifi network. I haven't sent any emails to a Daniel or to that email address so i have no idea what this is, last night the wifi stopped working for about 5 minutes and disconnected from all devices and the blackberry was the only one to tell me why it was disconnected the other devices just accepted it haha. We will never get rid of EDGE support in Ireland because i've been down to 1 bar when in certain parts of this country, in fact when i was traveling the iPhone had no service for hours but the blackberry has 1-2 bars, even though it was slow i still had communication and i was grateful for that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-07-16 07:54 AM
    AstraSync is $49/yr per email address: https://www.astrasync.com/Resources/

NotifySync is �99 per license with an annual renewal of �25 software assurance fee: NotifySync - BlackBerry Activesync - BlackBerry Sync for MS Exchange Kerio Zimbra
    These look interesting, has anybody here tried them? This is the sort of thing that might get me looking for another 9900!
    10-07-16 07:57 AM
    Is there a way to cut and paste an email message into the 9930 notepad?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-07-16 10:06 AM
    The 9900 has to be probably the best design they ever made and the only other device I find as easy to type with as with the 9900 has to be the Passport.

The 9900 with BB10 would've been neat and a sale boost but someone BlackBerry has the terrible bad habit of not listening to their loyal users, if they did the company wouldn't be in the position it is right now

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    10-07-16 10:27 AM
    These look interesting, has anybody here tried them? This is the sort of thing that might get me looking for another 9900!

NotifySync has a trial available. I tried it within the past year -- using an Outlook.com account -- and the email was a seamless experience. I can't remember if I tried the calendar, contacts, etc.
    10-07-16 10:40 AM
    Never tried them but looks like several apps available might add something resembling "Call Announce" to our 99s. ??? I'm happy with identifying individual contacts thru their assigned unique ring tone & led color/flash rate.

Had voice announce capability on our land line office phones, years ago. Turned out too awkward to be discussing a client's project while he hears the name of his competitor calling in... Haha... We have quite a number of competing, and/or collaborating, clients. Depending on the project. Quite an interesting interaction of sensitivities, at times. Lol. Announcing names in a busy office might not be a great idea at times. Lol.
    Haha and I can see why that would be a problem and I didn't like that problem when I tested that "Drive Safely" app also. However the ios10 call announce feature is VERY subtle, and quite smart. When I set it up on my buddies 5C like mine, I called to test it. The phone rings once normally, then right before the second ring the first name ONLY is spoken quickly and not more loudly than the second ring, and after that it rings normally for every subsequent ring. Its a well thought out system because you REALLY have to listen and I think that even with it activated it will still be tricky to hear the first name 100% of the time. Not obtrusive by any means. I was impressed.

I will definately test it more if I ever do pop the sim back into the Green Inferno.
    10-07-16 11:11 AM
    What am I missing here?
    10-07-16 11:15 AM
    So this wifi issue happened again where it displayed a persons name and email address even though it's not associated with the home wifi network. I have no idea what this means, is the wifi network being hacked because this is the second times it's happened where it's asking me if I want to continue using the wifi as its not secure. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8da4cf4303.jpg
    I would wipe out all the wifi networks and start from scratch. At least wipe out or delete all the "saved" known networks and go from there. So can you connect to your own wifi network at all??
    10-07-16 11:18 AM
    Is there a way to cut and paste an email message into the 9930 notepad?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    Dunno obout copying email itself but there's a couple different ways to copy & paste text from email (or other) to Memopad (or other)... My fave is to trackpad position curser at beginning of desired text. Click trackpad & click "select text". Scroll trackpad down & over till desired text is highlighted. Press trackpad & click "copy".

Minimize "Messages" (or any app) by pressing "end" key and open Memopad (or other). Position curser with trackpad to where you want and press trackpad & "Paste"...

Sounds more complex than it is. Very simple actually. Entire operation can be performed without moving thumb from toolbelt. Also can use menu key or "alt" key. "Alt" key select, copy, paste works best when posting on CB thru Opera, for example.

Entire emails are another matter altogether. I set Advance OS to backup attachments on to SD card every night but use other means for backup of entire emails onto servers & desktops. I typically set up 9900 to auto CC myself when sending. Wasteful but TOO useful to check back on sent messages from other devices sharing addresses. Old habit.
    10-07-16 11:32 AM
    I would wipe out all the wifi networks and start from scratch. At least wipe out or delete all the "saved" known networks and go from there. So can you connect to your own wifi network at all??
    The wifi is working again, there was something wrong with the wifi as it lost connection on my laptop and iphone at the same time but only blackberry told me this message, I believe that somebody hacks the wifi because I only have one saved wifi network and only use my home wifi because of how easy it is to hack your phone with public or unsecured wifi.
    10-07-16 11:38 AM
8,754 ... 120121122123124 ...