I'm glad I still have my Bold 9900. The real Classic.
    Got that right!

Still using it or?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-01-16 03:29 PM
    Grrrr.... my too good to be true eBay sale was really too good to be true. The seller reneged. Negative feedback doesn't seem like enough!

Back to the search....
    so WHY would someone post to ebay and then do that?

10-01-16 03:30 PM
    For me, PDFs are one file type for which I need a bigger screen. My eyes no longer do small text, and text size is actually one of the reasons why I like the 9900 over the Q10. I used my tech allowance at work this Spring to get a Surface 3. It's thin and light, fanless, and runs cool. I don't notice it in my backpack, and annotating PDFs with that pen has gotten me to a near paperless state.
    Yeah, my arms just keep getting shorter, also. Lol. Paint wears thru on 99's "I" key first, these days. Which is why my Z30 collects so much dust. "Pinch Zoom" might be cute & noob friendly but 99's simple "I" key zoom is quick and single hand friendly.

Haven't used pen pointing since my HP iPaq days but certainly see possibilities. Especially for annotations. For trackpad navigation, wonder if MobiMouse or Vectir or ? might work with Surface 3 and 99's trackpad??
    10-01-16 03:37 PM
    so WHY would someone post to ebay and then do that?

I don't know. Irritating!

Sent from mTalk
    10-01-16 06:17 PM

Sent from mTalk
    Sorry to hear about this Shuswap.
    Does one report this sort of thing to eBay? What's the protocol there?

And what's mTalk?

10-01-16 07:46 PM
    Sorry to hear about this Shuswap.
    Does one report this sort of thing to eBay? What's the protocol there?

And what's mTalk?

I left negative feedback, which I don't like to do, but other buyers should be made aware. I also talked to customer service and they're looking into it.

mTalk is a Windows 10 app. The Tapatalk app for my tablet stopped working, so I searched for an update, and it looks like it's been pulled from the store. So I searched the store and found mTalk. It appears to access the Tapatalk plugins on the forum, but it doesn't have all the same features (yet). For, example, you can view recent posts, or look through the various forums, but there's no 'participated' or 'subscribed' options.

Sent from mTalk
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-01-16 08:36 PM
    Got that right!

Still using it or?

I still use it as a second phone.
    10-01-16 11:02 PM

Sent from mTalk
    I'm willing to bet a friend of his offered him more for it or he got a better deal, still they have no buisness committing it to Ebay and then pulling out, ya.

10-01-16 11:17 PM
    I still use it as a second phone.
    my iphone has become my "back up" device, even after I had a new battery put into it recently.

I'm finding ios 10.0.2 a bit laggy on the 5C. No crashing yet on it but my ipad Air is occasionally crashing on the latest, so I will continue to enjoy this amazing 9900 keyboard until they stabalize ios 10.

.......and after all that I will be continuing to use the 9900....

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-02-16 12:33 AM
    Did you see this video? Chen LOVES the 9900

http://crackberry.com/john-chen-blac...710.1475388292
    idssteve and Ursus Rufus like this.
    10-02-16 01:21 AM
    I assume that you mean a service? I use and like GMX.com. It's based in Germany.
    +1 for GMX, I've been using their email services for several years (as my primary personal address) and they seem very reliable. They offer both IMAP and POP, there's a mail collector that will pull email from other service providers, and you can have several aliases - which can prove useful.
    GMX calendar and contact services however are not a patch on Googles and I must admit that recently I've started to use Gmail to collect my GMX (and other mail eg iCloud) simply because the calendar and contact services offered by Google play much better with my 9900 and Q10.
    idssteve and anon(8063781) like this.
    10-02-16 04:21 AM
    Did you see this video? Chen LOVES the 9900

http://crackberry.com/john-chen-blac...710.1475388292
    Yep, he walked straight to it first off. Last I heard, just a couple yrs ago it seems, Jim Balsillie was still using 9900, afaik. ?? And why not? We all know there's plenty to love about the single most successful BB of all time. What other BB model enjoyed production runs THREE years after intro? RIM/BBRY hasn't turned a profit since 9900, afaik. Yet, every "new" thing they throw out seems designed to get as far as they can get from that most successful product... Go figure.
    10-02-16 05:04 AM
    Yep, he walked straight to it first off. Last I heard, just a couple yrs ago it seems, Jim Balsillie was still using 9900, afaik. ?? And why not? We all know there's plenty to love about the single most successful BB of all time. What other BB model enjoyed production runs THREE years after intro? RIM/BBRY hasn't turned a profit since 9900, afaik. Yet, every "new" thing they throw out seems designed to get as far as they can get from that most successful product... Go figure.
    Q10 and Classic are great pieces of hardware, but Chen is right. People today care more about software than hardware when it comes to handsets.

Posted from my Passport SE via CB10
    10-02-16 08:40 AM
    I have the Q10, and it's been one of the most reliable phones I have owned, and it gets a right beating!! Mind you still thinking of getting a classic if this ever packs up, I like the smaller design than the passport, it fits so neatly in my shirt pocket and doesn't feel like I have a lead weight in it

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 08:57 AM
    I left negative feedback, which I don't like to do, but other buyers should be made aware. I also talked to customer service and they're looking into it.

mTalk is a Windows 10 app. The Tapatalk app for my tablet stopped working, so I searched for an update, and it looks like it's been pulled from the store. So I searched the store and found mTalk. It appears to access the Tapatalk plugins on the forum, but it doesn't have all the same features (yet). For, example, you can view recent posts, or look through the various forums, but there's no 'participated' or 'subscribed' options.

Sent from mTalk
    Thanks for the explainer. I doubt I'd end up using it then as I don't own a tablet. I do have a Netbook running Win 10 (laggy) and a fantastic OOB special, Lenovo V570 running Windows 7 Pro (Never 10 installed & working great ).

10-02-16 10:13 AM
    just got one of those "Whatsapp will cease to workl" notices right on my Whatsapp during a convo.

Great, thanks for the reminder, I don't really NEED to remember that I will miss this app thanks.

I did get some peeps to get BBM installed so all will not be lost. I also have a Whatsapp group but I think you can have group chats also in Facebook Messenger, if I am not mistaken????? Anyone?

10-02-16 06:36 PM
    just got one of those "Whatsapp will cease to workl" notices right on my Whatsapp during a convo.

Great, thanks for the reminder, I don't really NEED to remember that I will miss this app thanks.

I did get some peeps to get BBM installed so all will not be lost. I also have a Whatsapp group but I think you can have group chats also in Facebook Messenger, if I am not mistaken????? Anyone?

I'm not sure about group convos in the BBOS version of FB Messenger. You should try and start one on your end with a couple of your friends as a test.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    10-02-16 06:38 PM
    I'm not sure about group convos in the BBOS version of FB Messenger. You should try and start one on your end with a couple of your friends as a test.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    Ah ya I should have clarified that I hate the BBOS version of FB messenger, I deleted the app because it was terrible. But I realize I will have to use the iphone for that now after December 31

10-02-16 06:44 PM
    And this is probably why Zuckerberg doesn't care about Whatsapp for Blackberry or the "emerging markets" ie Third World countries......

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    10-03-16 01:26 AM
    ... but Chen is right. People today care more about software than hardware when it comes to handsets.
    Well, sorta.

Most people don't care about hardware because most people only know a black slab. I would argue people caring about hardware is what brought about the Classic -- people really wanted the trackpad! Also, the Passport is relatively popular, and largely because of the very innovative kb (and I can tell you as someone who travels a lot, it's a real attention-getter).

BTW: I'm watching "Morning Joe" right now, and Harold Ford has his mobile out on the desk beside him... a BlackBerry Bold.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-03-16 07:09 AM
    What a self-serving statement by Chen. Everyone cares about hardware.

There would be no need for flagship phones if they didn't. Why buy that fast, shiny glass and chrome S7 with the amazing camera when you can have a pedestrian, plasticky Moto E?

In fact, if we go back a few years, among the key selling points of the original iPhone was the capacitive screen that made that all-touch interface possible. No one else had that screen, and if you've used a resistive touchscreen, you know why it was such an advance. Software was also a part of the equation (especially iTunes, Safari, and pinch to zoom), but the iPhone software lacked many functions that were typical on other platforms -- like the ability to cut and paste or to install apps.

People still want great hardware. Chen said what he said because they don't want BlackBerry hardware, and he's moving solely into the software business.

/sorry for the rant
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-03-16 09:56 AM
    I have a 9900 tmobile I'm using cricket now can I request an unlock code from tmobile?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 09:59 AM
    I have a 9900 tmobile I'm using cricket now can I request an unlock code from tmobile?

Posted via CB10
    Most carriers require that you be an active user before they'll unlock your phone. If you're with cricket, T-Mobile may not want to do it. But I know nothing about T-Mobile, so they might.

The good news is that the 9900 is easy to unlock, and you can usually get it unlocked within a few hours for $1 on eBay.

Search for something like "Bold 9900 unlock code T-Mobile". Choose a seller with over 99% positive feedback and a low price. It should be about $1 US. Don't pay more than $2.

Read the listing carefully to ensure that they can unlock a T-Mobile phone. Some can't. If they cannot, they'll say. Others can unlock a phone on any network.

Follow the instructions in the listing. Provide the seller with all of the requested information in the note to seller box when you're paying. If you somehow miss this step, you can probably fix it by sending the seller a message afterward, but that will slow things down.

They'll send you the code through the eBay messaging system. I think I've unlocked about a dozen phones this way over the years.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-03-16 10:18 AM
    Met someone at a cafe and look what he has! 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1475522008.819137.jpg 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-img_1475522027.113853.jpg
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-03-16 02:13 PM
    Met someone at a cafe and look what he has!
    Storm 2! That's a rarity these days. Contrary to popular belief, it's a great phone, although SurePress does make your thumbs tired after a while.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    10-03-16 06:38 PM
8,754 ... 116117118119120 ...