Did anyone find any updates on the issue, this is the second day now and I went to send an email in the gmail account and I got the red X beside the email so I'm guessing now it's affecting sending the emails too? I would really like to know what's going on, I have to use the gmail app on iphone and I hate typing on a glass screen, I think this is why I want the Priv so much.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-29-16 06:41 AM
    I haven't talked with our IT directly, nor the two coworkers experiencing Gmail trouble, but "third party" reports are that it's still a problem for them and others elsewhere in our extended organization. Including some non-Blackberry equipment, it seems. Something to do with imap at google, I'm told? IT reportedly has a "plan B" but the two coworkers in my crew (both out in the field today) elected to try waiting it out before resorting to "brutal" solutions. All hearsay so far tho, fwiw.

Myself, and some others in my crew, still recall a past life at Sun. We're quite skeptical of Google ethics and resist using ANYthing G. That said, yesterday morning was almost spooky for unlikely, non-G, cloud coincidences... Go figure.

I'll likely bump into our IT guy during turn over meeting this morning and quiz him further. Will report.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-29-16 07:36 AM
    and YES that is an amazing deal either way! Even if you pick up that 9780 for $10 it would be a great work phone for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Read my mind!

The woman selling it has about three ads on Kijiji one of the photos shows 3 BB and 2 Nokia. She's rather difficcult to communicate with (doesn't answer always) but will keep trying.

09-29-16 08:26 AM
    Did anyone find any updates on the issue, this is the second day now and I went to send an email in the gmail account and I got the red X beside the email so I'm guessing now it's affecting sending the emails too? I would really like to know what's going on, I have to use the gmail app on iphone and I hate typing on a glass screen, I think this is why I want the Priv so much.
    Not a big Android fan & sliders not typically my thing but I hear that. Priv also just seems bulky. Because of the gmail outage i carried my Classic yesterday (no gmail problems there btw) & even it felt burdensome by comparison to my Bold.

Whole episode has me rethinking not my devices but my email: Maybe time to get another account @ Hotmail or elsewhere. Just keep my gmail for calendars / contacts but have all mail re-routed & tell everyone I'm closing it down. Just brainstorming.

Anyone suggest a non big-three email client? Do not like Yahoo.

09-29-16 08:35 AM
    it was a really strange message on my 9900 regarding the wifi and also in the iTunes Store when I was only preview playing a song and didn't press any purchase buttons. I wonder if the BB10/Priv/Dtek50 are affected by this gmail outage?
    Nothing weird with gmail on my Passport. I don't have gmail set up on my Bold.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    09-29-16 09:01 AM
    Using an iphone is the biggest burden, if the Priv had been released a few months earlier and was available in Ireland I would have bought it over the iphone, I can't wait to get rid of the iphone, then I had my Q10 I used to enjoy using the iphone more and now that I've been using the 9900 I enjoy using the 9900 much more and feel it's a chore to even unlock the iphone screen haha. I really hope this outage gets fixed or I'm gonna have to use my Hotmail account for all the emails because it can't continue like this.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-29-16 09:18 AM
    Another email server (AOL/AIM) are having issues with their server and more people are reporting on this than the Gmail because it affects the users while signing in on desktop or any device, you can see the many complaints on downdetector.com/status/aol

I only discovered this because I was going to add the AOL to my blackberry again but was having issues signing in on my desktop and noticed there's something wrong. So, with two email servers down and causing issues this definitely looks more and more like a cyber attack, I really hope that Hotmail stays safe, at least until Gmail is fixed. I also saw on twitter that some android users are reporting Gmail outages too which is an awful sign because that's their Operating System, maybe we will have to create an @blackberry.com email to avoid all these issues haha.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-29-16 09:49 AM
    Another email server (AOL/AIM) are having issues with their server and more people are reporting on this than the Gmail because it affects the users while signing in on desktop or any device, you can see the many complaints on downdetector.com/status/aol

I only discovered this because I was going to add the AOL to my blackberry again but was having issues signing in on my desktop and noticed there's something wrong. So, with two email servers down and causing issues this definitely looks more and more like a cyber attack, I really hope that Hotmail stays safe, at least until Gmail is fixed. I also saw on twitter that some android users are reporting Gmail outages too which is an awful sign because that's their Operating System, maybe we will have to create an @blackberry.com email to avoid all these issues haha.
    That, I would sign onto! Great idea.
    09-29-16 09:53 AM
    Nothing weird with gmail on my Passport. I don't have gmail set up on my Bold.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Same. Works on my Classic. Not working on 9900.

Apparently lots of iPhone users hit with the problem too, judging by the Gmail forum page linked above by Miguel1970
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 09-29-16 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Fixed accreditation
    09-29-16 09:54 AM
    I just tested my Hotmail and I receive Hotmail to my ios devices but I also usually get a receipt or confirmation on the 9900 but I didn't. But it sent from the 9900.

Yup second day for this, no change.

09-29-16 09:59 AM
    ...but I am still getting gmail notifications for my Twitter news alerts. No CB.

09-29-16 10:03 AM
    update: Hotmail is working after all on my 9900.

09-29-16 10:20 AM
    Yeah there is a short delay with hotmail about 5 minutes since yesterday, I'm guessing they can't hack into Microsoft as easily as they would like, i think maybe iMessage and whatsapp could be the next hacked.
    09-29-16 10:45 AM
    Yeah there is a short delay with hotmail about 5 minutes since yesterday, I'm guessing they can't hack into Microsoft as easily as they would like, i think maybe iMessage and whatsapp could be the next hacked.
    Google sure doesn't seem to be talking about this. I'm sure they don't want a panic on their hands, but also I think that because it works on Android/ios overall, and with so few people using other platforms (like us) they don't have to draw attention to it.

09-29-16 10:53 AM
    That's true but if 10 million blackberry users all started complaining publically that couldn't be ignored, that's a population of a small country haha
    09-29-16 10:55 AM
    That's true but if 10 million blackberry users all started complaining publically that couldn't be ignored, that's a population of a small country haha
    lols. I'm curious, I wonder if it is a massive hack going on, would it be wise to switch to the iphone for a while? Someone else mentioned to me that if it is just the Google servers being hacked that it should get resolved.

09-29-16 10:59 AM
    You could use the gmail app in iphone on wifi but I don't think the iphone is safe after what happened yesterday when I was in the iTunes Store, and also AOL is hacked, maybe google owns that company too? It's so scary to think basement idiots in Russia/Israel can do this to millions of people.
    09-29-16 11:01 AM
    You could use the gmail app in iphone on wifi but I don't think the iphone is safe after what happened yesterday when I was in the iTunes Store, and also AOL is hacked, maybe google owns that company too? It's so scary to think basement idiots in Russia/Israel can do this to millions of people.
    Ya there is probably no point, I heard that some ios have the issue as well.
    This is the world we live in but rely on.

09-29-16 11:03 AM
    Update for us Bold 9900 people. And all BlackBerry OS users. So apparently Google changed a setting somewhere and cocked up communications with various phones everywhere, particularly BBOS phones but not exclusively; various Apple people are having problems too.

Here is BlackBerry's response to the issue:

BlackBerry Internet Service Email customers may experience issues receiving email from Gmail accounts
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-29-16 11:10 AM
    Ya there is probably no point, I heard that some ios have the issue as well.
    This is the world we live in but rely on.

Rightly said.
    09-29-16 11:11 AM
    I'm not convinced it's a hack so much as just the same old same old: Someone at Google "fixed" a dodgy bit of code or updated a protocol or whatever & unintentionally created new problems. A bit like dropping a penny in a big pond. Only a few small things (like us BBOS people, small country that we are) notice it.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    09-29-16 11:15 AM
    I'm not convinced it's a hack so much as just the same old same old: Someone at Google "fixed" a dodgy bit of code or updated a protocol or whatever & unintentionally created new problems. A bit like dropping a penny in a big pond. Only a few small things (like us BBOS people, small country that we are) notice it.
    I told my buddy who also got a 5C the same time I did, to update to ios10 (he should anyway) just in case it was some sort of hack. My iOS devices are working great, no effects.

I wonder if this will even get an official release on the news.....
    09-29-16 11:56 AM
    It definitely won't make the news, the news are too busy talking about how blackberry is completely over. I think I'll create an @blackberry.com email, that should be reliable
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    09-29-16 12:02 PM
    It definitely won't make the news, the news are too busy talking about how blackberry is completely over. I think I'll create an @blackberry.com email, that should be reliable
    Haha
    09-29-16 12:04 PM
    More weirdness. Our IT guy was conspicuously absent at morning turn over meeting. Reportedly assisting his overwhelmed colleagues in far corners of our organization. No details but 99s are the LEAST of their worries, for now.

OK, weird enuff. Got back on the typical tasks and lost call, with a coworker, only to hear a "the number you have called has been... etc" message. I did NOT dial anyone, wasn't even touching my device! It was sitting in a charge pod on my desk! Hmm, so I grabbed it, walked past the elevator with unusually long line and took stairs down two stories to talk with coworker in person. He reported the EXACT same scenario and message. His 99 was flat on its back on his desk. No possible "accidental input" from him either. OK. Go figure.

Took care of task, walked past long line at elevator on that floor, took stairs back to my floor where I'd swear the same folks were still waiting at that elevator.????? No time to inquire. Got back to my cubicle, pulled out some files and opened spreadsheet on 99. Trackpad won't navigate spreadsheet cells! Try& try. No avail. Touch works but, no track. Backed out to home screen main panel and track is fine there. BUT track won't jump up to home screen!

OK. Bad trackpad. Paint is worn badly on this 9930's keyboard anyway. Almost breaktime anyway. Headed to breakroom where we keep a stash of keyboards and a coworker was already there changing her keyboard. OK. Nothing new about that around here. Poured some coffee and proceeded to swap my keyboard. Coworker's 99 finally rebooted and she exclaimed it didn't fix the trackpad! Ahrg!! Hmm. Finished mine and rebooted... no fix for mine either!! Both devices' trackpads are exhibiting identical behavior!! This is TOO crazy!!!

So, I go to CB thru Opera to post and everything, including trackpad, seems fine while in Opera. OK. Start to post and everything seems normal until... I try to scroll around inside the text entry box. Trackpad won't move entry box cursor at all. Escape from entry box and back to flawless normal trackpad function. Same thing in multiple places. Trackpad behaves perfectly inside icon panels and text menus but no control at home screen, Switch Applications, etc. Crazy. Coworker's identical.

Posting this via Classic but its trackpad is exhibiting some unusual weirdness now. Idk.

Twilight Zone theme seems an appropriate ring tone right about now. ???
    09-29-16 01:16 PM
8,754 ... 113114115116117 ...