Same here. Can send just cannot receive. Deeply strange.

Need Gmail to be working. Am going to try goodayeh's solution. How about you?
    I changed my Gmail password, deleted the Gmail account in BB, added it again with the new password, agreed to the Google permitions request, got the confirmation message from BlackBerry, restarted the phone, waited a reasonable time, and... nothing yet. No luck so far. I can send, but not receive. Yahoo mail is working fine, though. I even deleted the CB Forums app just in case it was related somehow. But still nothing.
    09-28-16 12:17 PM
    I changed my Gmail password, deleted the Gmail account in BB, added it again with the new password, agreed to the Google permitions request, got the confirmation message from BlackBerry, restarted the phone, waited a reasonable time, and... nothing yet. No luck so far. I can send, but not receive. Yahoo mail is working fine, though. I even deleted the CB Forums app just in case it was related somehow. But still nothing.
    It's not working and it's not a problem just for us 99 users or BB users. Reports are spiking.

Gmail down? Current status and problems | Down Detector
    09-28-16 12:46 PM
    Have 2 gmail accounts on my devices.
    ( Don't use them often )

After posting a few times on CB sent test emails to my gmails.

Same problem as you guys.
    Emails are arriving on other devices except the Bold.

On Bold I can create new contacts and they show up in gmail contacts.

Calendar also works.

Reinstalled accounts on Bold - still no change.
    09-28-16 01:12 PM
    Have 2 gmail accounts on my devices.
    ( Don't use them often )

After posting a few times on CB sent test emails to my gmails.

Same problem as you guys.
    Emails are arriving on other devices except the Bold.

On Bold I can create new contacts and they show up in gmail contacts.

Calendar also works.

Reinstalled accounts on Bold - still no change.
    Same here. Will have to switch to Classic or iPhone rest of today
    09-28-16 01:23 PM
    Hmm... A couple in my office (located in US) are also complaining about Gmail this morning. Interestingly, other than that, we all feel that our 99s seem to be purring like "a single carb Tiger on a sunrise coastal ride...". Lol. Opera is noticeably snappier and smoother for all of us, this morning. FWIW. The real Rod Serling coincidence is that Hotmail ceased for myself and several others this morning. All on Win7 Windows Live Mail. IT made quick work of converting those to imap and scolded us that he'd warned us this day was coming. Hotmail still working fine on 9900 along with POP, but I don't use web-mail much anyway. Probably not related but interesting coincidence.

Someone just started "Twilight Zone" theme in the breakroom... Lol.

IT is huddled with the Gmail using coworkers... will post what they find. If anything.
    09-28-16 02:14 PM
    I am trying to add Juno email to logicmail which I downloaded. It asks a lot of weird questions for setup. Imap? Pop? What? I'll research tonight to figure it all out. Haven't bothered with the builtin mail client because I'm using my passport for that.

I have noticed that passport may sometimes drop messages from the hub. Odd...

Passport!
    09-28-16 03:14 PM
    Hmm... A couple in my office (located in US) are also complaining about Gmail this morning. Interestingly, other than that, we all feel that our 99s seem to be purring like "a single carb Tiger on a sunrise coastal ride...". Lol. Opera is noticeably snappier and smoother for all of us, this morning. FWIW. The real Rod Serling coincidence is that Hotmail ceased for myself and several others this morning. All on Win7 Windows Live Mail. IT made quick work of converting those to imap and scolded us that he'd warned us this day was coming. Hotmail still working fine on 9900 along with POP, but I don't use web-mail much anyway. Probably not related but interesting coincidence.

Someone just started "Twilight Zone" theme in the breakroom... Lol.

IT is huddled with the Gmail using coworkers... will post what they find. If anything.
    Still not working. Many reports on downdetector.com seems to be a lot of complaints coming in from the USA. All BlackBerry devices from what I can see..

Be good to read what your IT people have to say.
    09-28-16 04:42 PM
    09-28-16 05:00 PM
    I am still not able to get CB notifs through gmail on the 9900 but I am getting 9900 FB notifs on gmail!

And on my iphone I am able to get all the CB notifs, but not Facebook!

The exact opposite.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-28-16 05:14 PM
    Tha ad on that page is more than half the size of the entire screen, I gave up.

09-28-16 05:16 PM
    Tha ad on that page is more than half the size of the entire screen, I gave up.

Ya sorry it is bad on the 99. I'm on my laptop.
    Here's a screenshot

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-gmail-down-29-sept.-16.jpg
    09-28-16 05:37 PM
    There must be something going on in the internet world, something really strange happened to my 9900 2 days ago, the Wifi in my house was acting really strange and all of a sudden a "do not trust this connection" came up and I viewed the details and it had a man's name and email address in it, unfortunately I pressed the back button and got rid of the pop up before I took a pic with my iphone, it was early morning and I hadn't finished coffee haha. But all this week there has been something wrong with the internet consistently I wouldn't be surprised if there's a huge internet hack going on, and just a few hours ago I was playing a preview of a song in iTunes and got the message "cannot make purchases in the iTunes Store right now" I'm guessing that Israeli company is trying to hack my iTunes, I didn't update my card information since my card expired and since that spying thing broke news I will never put my payment information into iTunes ever again, it will be pre-paid iTunes cards from now on.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-28-16 05:45 PM
    ...it will be pre-paid iTunes cards from now on.
    Thinking, if you're right about these goings on, might be time to go back to burner phones too. Oh and typewriters, just like what the Russians have been doing for a couple of years now.
    09-28-16 05:55 PM
    it was a really strange message on my 9900 regarding the wifi and also in the iTunes Store when I was only preview playing a song and didn't press any purchase buttons. I wonder if the BB10/Priv/Dtek50 are affected by this gmail outage?
    09-28-16 05:58 PM
    it was a really strange message on my 9900 regarding the wifi and also in the iTunes Store when I was only preview playing a song and didn't press any purchase buttons. I wonder if the BB10/Priv/Dtek50 are affected by this gmail outage?
    I only use prepaid itunes cards also but I still have all my info in the iphone, they pretty much require all of it

09-28-16 06:14 PM
    Ya sorry it is bad on the 99. I'm on my laptop.
    Here's a screenshot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gmail down 29 Sept. 16.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	409182
    Oh great, so I am the ONLY ONE being effected by it where I am haha.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-28-16 06:14 PM
    And I'm guessing I'm the only one in Ireland even though it's not documented here haha
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-28-16 06:15 PM
    Just an observation but I wish the 9900 had the Green call and red End Call buttons coloured like my 9780 did.

Occasionally friends with no cell (yes there are still a few out there) need to borrow my 9900 and I have to explain you enter the number and press the TALK button lol they have NO idea what I am talking about. Lets face it, to someone who has never had a cell, well, all the buttons probably look like Chinese to them.

It's just a minor detail I wish they had stuck with.....coloured red and green......

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-28-16 07:21 PM
    And I'm guessing I'm the only one in Ireland even though it's not documented here haha
    LOLL

Looking closely, I think I see a tiny wee speck there. And here I thought you'd be in Dublin not over in Galway, or is that Clare?

Wait. Maybe there's two of you?
    09-28-16 08:55 PM
    Just an observation but I wish the 9900 had the Green call and red End Call buttons coloured like my 9780 did.

Occasionally friends with no cell (yes there are still a few out there) need to borrow my 9900 and I have to explain you enter the number and press the TALK button lol they have NO idea what I am talking about. Lets face it, to someone who has never had a cell, well, all the buttons probably look like Chinese to them.

It's just a minor detail I wish they had stuck with.....coloured red and green......

Aha now I know what that BB I saw on Kijiji is. Probably a 9780. Woman south of where I live (about an hour's drive) is offering it and a Nokia qwerty phone for $10 each.

Anyway. Can't disagree with that.
    09-28-16 08:57 PM
    Gmail still not working on my 9900.

Tried everything. Delete reinstall battery pulls change password Google device authentication check router tables service books. Nothing works.

I know this problem is being reported a lot (cf. above) it is literally all over the map. Too bad there's nothing about it on the internet & there are no threads about it here in the forums.

Can someone please consider starting a thread about this? Busy day tomorrow I won't have time until the evening.

Must get some sleep now.
    Good night all.

09-28-16 11:04 PM
    Hi, there. Still with the same Gmail problem here... Almost 24 hous now... Here is a Gmail Help Forum thread about it, in case you guys want to ckeck it:
    https://productforums.google.com/for...s/8esF9PZ7AwAJ

And a BlackBerry Forum:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...194902#M776382
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-28-16 11:05 PM
    Hi, there. Still with the same Gmail problem here... Almost 24 hous now... Here is a Gmail Help Forum thread about it, in case you guys want to ckeck it:
    https://productforums.google.com/for...s/8esF9PZ7AwAJ

And a BlackBerry Forum:
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...194902#M776382
    Thanks this is helpful. A great deal. Glad they are escalating it.

Just iPhones and BlackBerries hmmm.
    Interesting.

Good night again. A demain.

09-28-16 11:16 PM
    Gmail still not working on my 9900.

Tried everything. Delete reinstall battery pulls change password Google device authentication check router tables service books. Nothing works.

I know this problem is being reported a lot (cf. above) it is literally all over the map. Too bad there's nothing about it on the internet & there are no threads about it here in the forums.

Can someone please consider starting a thread about this? Busy day tomorrow I won't have time until the evening.

Must get some sleep now.
    Good night all.

Lols @ the "there must be 2 of you in Ireland having this Gmail problem"

yeah I don't think there is much we can do about the gmail issue, it has to be on their end.

I find it odd that Google is not talking about it in Twitter, or at least not the last time I checked.

09-29-16 01:06 AM
    Aha now I know what that BB I saw on Kijiji is. Probably a 9780. Woman south of where I live (about an hour's drive) is offering it and a Nokia qwerty phone for $10 each.

Anyway. Can't disagree with that.
    and YES that is an amazing deal either way! Even if you pick up that 9780 for $10 it would be a great work phone for you.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-29-16 01:08 AM
8,754 ... 112113114115116 ...