The usefulness is that colors & patterns can be assigned to message type and for each contact. I, for example, set emails to red, calls to green, voice mail to rapid green, texts to blue, etc... Different patterns and alternating patterns for individual contacts. Play with it & get used to it and you'll know what type, and who, from the corner of your eye without diverting focus from primary tasks.
    My next question was going to be "where is the setting to get the flashlight with the double clicking of the Mute Key" BUT........

I don't know how to break this to ya......I deleted the app because it was messing with my Trackpad scrolling sounds, it silenced it. That and the lights were pretty intense, flashing non stop in red and blue man I think I was getting epileptic seizures from the flashing dude, sorry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 09-27-16 at 02:40 AM.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-27-16 01:51 AM
    My next question was going to be "where is the setting to get the flashlight with the double clicking of the Mute Key" BUT........

I don't know how to break this to ya......I deleted the app because it was messing with my Trackpad scrolling sounds, it silenced it. That and the lights were pretty intense, flashing non stop in red and blue man I think I was getting epileptic seizures from the flashing dude, sorry.

Lol, dunno about trackpad sounds... Never used that but can see where that'd be a bummer if you were used to it. No clue why AOS messed with it. Maybe OS version?

There are certain frequencies that some folks should avoid. 5.8 Hz being one. Lol. AOS provides full control to slow down led flash rate, or stop it altogether. Or alter it certain times of the day, etc. No need to uninstall the whole app just to shut off led. I don't know of anyone who uses all, or even most, of the functionality that app provides. Only the functions desired. Did you get a chance to try Battery Notifications? Or to set up auto-reboot or auto-optimization? Or enable its Screenshot function?

Anyway, deKlikken will assign flashlight, or virtually anything, to multiple press of Mute Key or Convenience Key, or Vol Up-Down. Other apps do more, but deKlikken coexists with a customized app my company uses so I have first hand experience with it. It does permit customizations for things like milliseconds of hardware press, etc. Which some folks might perceive as more confusing than helpful??
    anon(8063781) and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-27-16 04:15 AM
    If I could find a way to get calendars, notes, and tasks to wirelessly sync on my 9930 I'd probably still be using it.

The ability to quickly view and edit these things across multiple devices has become an integral part of my workflow not only for other aspects of my life.

[--]

I found a way to get cloud-based calendars to sync manually with my 9930 when I connect it via USB cable to a Windows computer running Outlook, but that is just not good enough for what I need.

I pick up my 9930 and fiddle with it at least once a week, lamenting the fact that it is not being used. But I will never sell it. Because one day I may just say "what the heck" and start using it again.

But I do enjoy what BB10 has to offer and I am quite happy with my Q10 (and eagerly awaiting the Passport SE that I ordered late last week)
    There is no doubt that the Q10 is a very capable device and for those that need to sync multiple calendars over the cloud and have live, two-way interactions with MSexchange email accounts etc. BB10 knocks the 9900 into touch.
    Having been forced back to my Q10 (due to 2x broken Bolds) I now recognise and appreciate just how good BB10 is. BUT if my 9900 was working I'd almost certainly still be using it - - although somewhat less capable (in some areas) than my Q10 the 9900 was a joy to use and l miss it!

I might also add that the people who use 9900s seem much happier, more supportive and generally nicer than those elsewhere in the CrackBerry forums

It is worth mentioning that it is possible to cloud sync Google calendar with the 9900 and for me that was working very well. The limitation is a single calendar only will sync between the 9900 and Google. For many that limitation will be acceptable. As I maintain multiple calendars on my Apple Mac's at home and work I had to develop a complex workaround using a paid for, third party cloud server (Memotoo) as an intermediary with Google calendar - but it worked well. Memotoo also permits syncing of tasks, notes and other files, and it allowed me to keep rocking a 9900 in 2016... but again, these things are all much easier to achieve with BB10 (and other mobile OS's).

I wish you well with your new Passport SE and will look forward to hearing how you get on in the CrackBerry forums.
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 09-27-16 at 10:41 AM.
    09-27-16 10:30 AM
    ok so far this Advanced OS and LED makes my 9900 flash like a police car everytime I get a message. At nighttime it will be like a party with disco lights, cool

That disco color is normal situation after installing AOSaL - it is default set. Just change it in this app. There might be a conflict in built in LED notification vs AOSaL settings. Just set only in built in options or in AOSAL app notification.
    09-27-16 01:52 PM
    I might also add that the people who use 9900s seem much happier, more supportive and generally nicer than those elsewhere in the CrackBerry forums

It is worth mentioning that it is possible to cloud sync Google calendar with the 9900 and for me that was working very well. The limitation is a single calendar only will sync between the 9900 and Google. For many that limitation will be acceptable.
    I've noticed seamless interaction with my Google calendar betwixt this 99 and my other devices, & am happy for it.

Feeling a bit bad now for putting up the "pay attention to me" pic on that other thread. Because I am 99% of the time one of those generally happier nicer & more supportive 9900 people. Something about the entirely gratuitous "Ew" in his or her thread title just threw me off. I shall head over there & apologise forthwith.

09-27-16 03:24 PM
    Do they still work???

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 03:34 PM
    There is no doubt that the Q10 is a very capable device and for those that need to sync multiple calendars over the cloud and have live, two-way interactions with MSexchange email accounts etc. BB10 knocks the 9900 into touch.
    Having been forced back to my Q10 (due to 2x broken Bolds) I now recognise and appreciate just how good BB10 is. BUT if my 9900 was working I'd almost certainly still be using it - - although somewhat less capable (in some areas) than my Q10 the 9900 was a joy to use and l miss it!

It is worth mentioning that it is possible to cloud sync Google calendar with the 9900 and for me that was working very well. The limitation is a single calendar only will sync between the 9900 and Google. For many that limitation will be acceptable. As I maintain multiple calendars on my Apple Mac's at home and work I had to develop a complex workaround using a paid for, third party cloud server (Memotoo) as an intermediary with Google calendar - but it worked well. Memotoo also permits syncing of tasks, notes and other files, and it allowed me to keep rocking a 9900 in 2016... but again, these things are all much easier to achieve with BB10 (and other mobile OS's).

I wish you well with your new Passport SE and will look forward to hearing how you get on in the CrackBerry forums.
    Thanks! I must admit I am a bit wary of giving up my Q10. It's an awesome phone and I love how compact it is. But I think the Passport SE may knock my socks off if I let it.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    09-27-16 04:25 PM
    Lol, dunno about trackpad sounds... Never used that but can see where that'd be a bummer if you were used to it. No clue why AOS messed with it. Maybe OS version?

There are certain frequencies that some folks should avoid. 5.8 Hz being one. Lol. AOS provides full control to slow down led flash rate, or stop it altogether. Or alter it certain times of the day, etc. No need to uninstall the whole app just to shut off led. I don't know of anyone who uses all, or even most, of the functionality that app provides. Only the functions desired. Did you get a chance to try Battery Notifications? Or to set up auto-reboot or auto-optimization? Or enable its Screenshot function?

Anyway, deKlikken will assign flashlight, or virtually anything, to multiple press of Mute Key or Convenience Key, or Vol Up-Down. Other apps do more, but deKlikken coexists with a customized app my company uses so I have first hand experience with it. It does permit customizations for things like milliseconds of hardware press, etc. Which some folks might perceive as more confusing than helpful??
    Frequencies? I did set up battery notifs but never had it long enough to test it.

So I'm assuming you have the paid version? I saw no settings for lights but it is kinda moot now
    09-27-16 05:42 PM
    Is logicmail a decent email client for the 9930? I don't have a Sim card in my 9930. I plan to use it via WiFi only, for now.

Passport!
    09-27-16 06:32 PM
    Do they still work???

Posted via CB10
    Hi. Sorry don't understand the question. Does what still work?

09-27-16 07:34 PM
    Is logicmail a decent email client for the 9930? I don't have a Sim card in my 9930. I plan to use it via WiFi only, for now.

Passport!
    Hey yes it can be done.

Shuswap, David Tyler, mushroom_daddy & some of these other fellows here are the real deal when it comes to this stuff. But check out this thread if you haven't already, it's has info on Logicmail, etc.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ut-bis-996682/

Course to really get the most out of your 99, a SIM & a plan that includes BIS is the bee's pyjamas, but a 99 can be a real pleasure even running on a few basics. As Ralph would say, "It's all about the clickiness!"

09-27-16 07:41 PM
    Be sure to check the new thread

OH NO! My IPhone I mean 9900 is so FAST! (video)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1087150
    09-27-16 09:31 PM
    Hello again
    Is anyone experiencing issues with Gmail accounts in BIS ? I haven't had an email on any of my gmail accounts since 12.30AM, I sent an email with one of the accounts this morning and the person got the email and replied but I never got the reply email on my phone, also the crackberry app made my 9900 freeze and the app crashes on my iphone, what's going on with the crackberry app?
    09-28-16 05:45 AM
    Hello again
    Is anyone experiencing issues with Gmail accounts in BIS ? I haven't had an email on any of my gmail accounts since 12.30AM, I sent an email with one of the accounts this morning and the person got the email and replied but I never got the reply email on my phone, also the crackberry app made my 9900 freeze and the app crashes on my iphone, what's going on with the crackberry app?
    Yes, same problem with Gmail here (BB 9900; 10.30 am, Toronto time).
    09-28-16 09:35 AM
    Yes, same problem with Gmail here (BB 9900; 10.30 am, Toronto time).
    I thought it was just me haha, so there could be a possible issue with the gmail messages, I deleted the accounts, re-added them and did the verification process like when I first set up the phone in May, but the messages still won't come, but I can send emails and they send to the recipient, it's very strange for that to happen.
    09-28-16 09:39 AM
    I thought it was just me haha, so there could be a possible issue with the gmail messages, I deleted the accounts, re-added them and did the verification process like when I first set up the phone in May, but the messages still won't come, but I can send emails and they send to the recipient, it's very strange for that to happen.
    Yes, same here. I just made a hard reset (battery off) but no luck with Gmail. I added my Yahoo mail account and that one is working fine, so it seems a Gmail problem.
    09-28-16 10:18 AM
    Hello again
    Had issues a few weeks back .
    Signed into my G account ( on laptop )
    Noticed on my listed devices a Blackberry / sign from India on Opera ver 7
    ( am in Canada / my Opera version is 8 )
    Changed password .
    Deleted acc't from Bold and reinstalled .
    Working okay so far.
    09-28-16 10:36 AM
    Had similar problem on Yahoo account a few years ago .
    Was able to send out emails , recipient would receive and answer but I would never receive .
    ( on device or elsewhere )
    Seemed as though my email was being redirected to someone else.
    Contacted Yahoo about it .
    They shut down my account to investigate.
    4 hours later got a notification that all was corrected.
    They never gave any explanation .
    09-28-16 10:54 AM
    Yeah there is something going on, I'm not getting Gmail notifs for the CB app and the CB app is acting a bit wonky, it jams up sometimes when yesterday it was finally working perfectly for me.

Typing this on regular desktop mode on the 9900
    09-28-16 11:04 AM
    Had issues a few weeks back .
    Signed into my G account ( on laptop )
    Noticed on my listed devices a Blackberry / sign from India on Opera ver 7
    ( am in Canada / my Opera version is 8 )
    Changed password .
    Deleted acc't from Bold and reinstalled .
    Working okay so far.
    I'm in the same boat today. Missed a couple of important emails.

So is this the best solution by the way I'm in northern Ontario. There's no way this is localised eh? Oh wait Ralph's in SK. Disregard.

So maybe I'll try your sol'n here, goodayeh. Nothing else has worked.
    09-28-16 11:15 AM
    I'm in the same boat today. Missed a couple of important emails.

So is this the best solution by the way I'm in northern Ontario. There's no way this is localised eh? Oh wait Ralph's in SK. Disregard.

So maybe I'll try your sol'n here, goodayeh. Nothing else has worked.
    Ya I'm betting if it's a Google issue they will fix it, but I wonder if others in Twitter are talking about this. I'll check Googles Twitter feed and see if they are talking about it
    09-28-16 11:33 AM
    Ok there was some sort of corporate gmail outage apparently that lasted 12 hours a few days ago but according to gmail's twitter there are "no widespread issues right now."
    09-28-16 11:39 AM
    Ok there was some sort of corporate gmail outage apparently that lasted 12 hours a few days ago but according to gmail's twitter there are "no widespread issues right now."
    Bizarre.. So maybe light travels slower in our Bold 99 universe? :P
    09-28-16 11:45 AM
    Same here. Can send just cannot receive. Deeply strange.

Need Gmail to be working. Am going to try goodayeh's solution. How about you?
    09-28-16 12:02 PM
    Don't use G or CB app but Opera on CB has been working smoother this morning than it has in recent weeks... Dunno if it's relevant but interestingly coincidental... ???

Going joke in breakroom about unusual delays in email delivery... "Putin is taking his time reading our emails today...". Lol.
    09-28-16 12:13 PM
8,754 ... 111112113114115 ...