� � � � � � � � � � � � �
    ... And other vowels... Just hold the letter & scroll the track...

I'm far, far, from multilingual but the sun never sets on my global client base. Lol. Other platforms like BB10 provide something analogous but 99 is still a communications beast!
    Awesome thank you so much as usual Steve I could definitely use them occasionally in my communications.

Never seen any phone or computer able to render them so conveniently. (�� ��L!)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-17-16 10:27 PM

I'm far, far, from multilingual but the sun never sets on my global client base. Lol. Other platforms like BB10 provide something analogous but 99 is still a communications beast!
    Lols, I definately do not need that.

09-18-16 04:43 AM
    Feels good to be back on the 9900 with Sim incerted. Took 5 minutes for BIS to establish itself again and working perfectly. Just had to enter the Blackberry ID Password and re-log into and transfer my whatsapp. Funny thing about whatsapp, I got to the point of re-entering my number and Whatsapp texted the security code, and just as I was about to enter it, the whatsapp screen changed and logged me in without having to enter the code, weird.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-18-16 04:47 AM

OMG i had no idea about this when using the english keyboard, all i knew was the Alt+Enter to change the language setting but it wasn't as reliable with the turkish words, now i can add the special characters without having to go through the spell check dictionary for it. This is definitely going to make a huge difference i love typing on the 9900 a lot.

Ursus Rufus and anon(8063781) like this.
    09-18-16 04:57 AM
    Whatsapp however, is taking a lot longer to "initialize" and I got a text saying it might take 3 hours for "BlackBerry Service" to initialize. I can only assume Whatsapp is affected by this.

Emails and BBM were ready in 5 minutes though.

I need to squeeze every last drop of use out of Whatsapp, and that is exactly what I am doing savouring everyday I have with it!

09-18-16 06:12 AM
    Does the 9900 still work on T-Mobile or have they gotten rid of BIS? We're not on TMo anymore so I can't test it. I should sell it if it can still be used so that someone else can enjoy it. I can't go back to that small screen after having this Passport...

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    09-18-16 08:49 AM
    Poptart! Hahaah so funny so true. Heh.

"Don't you be lookin' at those poptarts!" (A friend's exgf)

09-18-16 09:03 AM
    Feels good to be back on the 9900 with Sim incerted. Took 5 minutes for BIS to establish itself again and working perfectly. Just had to enter the Blackberry ID Password
    Always have to log in with BlackBerry ID after I've had the SIM in my iPhone. Never noticed it take that long though. Not yet anyway.

Were you also on wifi at the time? I usually am when switching back. Can't see how that would make a difference though.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    09-18-16 09:09 AM
    Whatsapp working perfectly now, messages all flooded in when I woke up!

I see no reason why Zuckerberg has to kill this app when it is already build, works perfectly, and cannot cost much if anything to maintain since the infastructure for it is already there. Even if they don't update it ANYMORE (like 0S7) it would likely still work for years, and it is encrypted now!!!! But NO he has to kill it because "no one" cares about BLackberry or Windows anymore. And I don't need to hear the "it's all about $$$ arguement because he has enough to maintain this app and it is peanuts for him, it would pay for itself basically!

Infuriating.

09-18-16 11:24 AM
    I can't go back to that small screen after having this Passport...
    it's a powerhouse for its size. Does everything fast and effecient still, BUT the one reason I went back to it this week was I can put it in my front pocket, bend over to tie a shoelace, and walk without noticing it. Try doing that with anything else except a Blackberry Pearl....

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-18-16 11:27 AM
    Wondering if there are any Macro Apps for taking pics. Had to take pics of an old coin to email, it was a bit of a daunting task. Normal average distance photos are epic though, as are vids....

09-19-16 12:16 AM
    Wondering if there are any Macro Apps for taking pics. Had to take pics of an old coin to email, it was a bit of a daunting task. Normal average distance photos are epic though, as are vids....

Never really even looked, myself, but I'm also all ears for an app that might improve our 99s' camera. Not holding my breath, tho. Only so much software can do within hardware limits.

RIM pulled out all stops on 9900 in pursuit of thin. Camera & battery were compromised in that effort. Super thin battery is easily compensated for, if needed, and can therefore be considered an attribute. Super short camera tech just wasn't there in 2011, afaik. Always thought BB missed sales by not marketting an upgraded 9900-C with improved camera, once compact hardware zoom & focus tech caught up about a year later. Oh well Heins & Chen just never called seeking MY opinion... Lol.

I do really like BBOS trackpad zoom & snap. Something sorely missed on Classic, imo.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-19-16 03:49 AM
    Never really even looked, myself, but I'm also all ears for an app that might improve our 99s' camera. Not holding my breath, tho. Only so much software can do within hardware limits.

RIM pulled out all stops on 9900 in pursuit of thin. Camera & battery were compromised in that effort. Super thin battery is easily compensated for, if needed, and can therefore be considered an attribute. Super short camera tech just wasn't there in 2011, afaik. Always thought BB missed sales by not marketting an upgraded 9900-C with improved camera, once compact hardware zoom & focus tech caught up about a year later. Oh well Heins & Chen just never called seeking MY opinion... Lol.

I do really like BBOS trackpad zoom & snap. Something sorely missed on Classic, imo.
    Yeah I couldn't find any but then all I did was take a REAL QUICK look. But I think that is something there was never an app for. What do you think Steve, lets get rich and develop it, maybe 17 people from here might buy it

I have to say though the autofocus camera on my 9780 was amazing! I could even take pics of my fingerprints!!! That's how the detail was but it was a shame they couldn't have put that same autofucus camera (5MP) on the 9900 because they wanted to keep it thinner.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-19-16 03:55 AM
    Does the 9900 still work on T-Mobile or have they gotten rid of BIS? We're not on TMo anymore so I can't test it. I should sell it if it can still be used so that someone else can enjoy it. I can't go back to that small screen after having this Passport...

Can't answer about TMo, sorry. But if I may ask, might you explain what part of the PP's larger screen you find useful? Documents? Browsing? Movies?

I carry and use my PP on days when anticipating document viewing like PDFs of dwg & dxf files, for example, but still inevitably find need to zoom or Miracast. Larger PP, or even Z30, still isn't large enough either. Old eyes short arms, ya kno. Lol.

99's GUI leverages its tiny screenestate SO much more efficiently, imo. I personally find it TOO easy to just press "I" for zoom in and pan with trackpad on 99. I personally find it pretty rare that larger screens on my PP/Classic/Z30 prove large enough to view things that 99 is too small for, in my "honest to myself" experience... Except for movies... ?? ???

99's link thru PlayBook's hdmi to large TV is still workable tho not as handy as BB10 Miracast. If PP provided a real toolbelt, I'd likely use my PP much more. I just don't find Capacitive KB, itself, adequate substitute for real ToolBelt, imo.

PP's processing power is truly addictive. Tragic shame Classic wasn't similarly blessed but... I guess I'm just still curious about what, precisely, do "normal" PP users use the added screenestate for? ?? No one's ever accused me of "normal" tho. Lol.
    09-19-16 04:09 AM
    Always have to log in with BlackBerry ID after I've had the SIM in my iPhone. Never noticed it take that long though. Not yet anyway.

Were you also on wifi at the time? I usually am when switching back. Can't see how that would make a difference though.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Yup usually wifi.

BTW I think that supplier with the quality KB's is cheaper now.....

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=fEsw9duM
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-19-16 04:15 AM
    Yeah I couldn't find any but then all I did was take a REAL QUICK look. But I think that is something there was never an app for. What do you think Steve, lets get rich and develop it, maybe 17 people from here might buy it

I have to say though the autofocus camera on my 9780 was amazing! I could even take pics of my fingerprints!!! That's how the detail was but it was a shame they couldn't have put that same autofucus camera (5MP) on the 9900 because they wanted to keep it thinner.

Yep, I even still miss my old 9650 camera. Despite our 99s' hardware limitations tho, trackpad zoom & snap makes for unmatched single handed photo experience, imo. It's SO nice to use a single thumb for quick scroll zoom to frame the subject. And then that same thumb snaps the photo in smooth, single handed, comfort.
    tinytyke and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-19-16 04:55 AM
    Yep, I even still miss my old 9650 camera. Despite our 99s' hardware limitations tho, trackpad zoom & snap makes for unmatched single handed photo experience, imo. It's SO nice to use a single thumb for quick scroll zoom to frame the subject. And then that same thumb snaps the photo in smooth, single handed, comfort.
    9650? I'm going to have to look that one up

09-19-16 10:24 AM

Likewise
    09-19-16 10:54 AM
    Yup usually wifi.

BTW I think that supplier with the quality KB's is cheaper now.....

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=UKJ6GPmM
    Thanks wow I'm on it !
    09-19-16 10:54 AM
    Thanks wow I'm on it !
    But be careful, I'm not sure that is still showing the price since I saved that link, better do a fresh new search for his KB's just to make sure.
    09-19-16 10:55 AM

Lol, not much to look up. Its not even OS7. Almost as good as it gets for strictly non-touch tho. Surprisingly capable to this day tho. 500M memory sounds pathetic but it doesn't have to dedicate roughly 300M to touch interface so 9650 seems to have more usable space than our 99s. 9650 is cdma. Not sure if they ever made att version... ??

Its KB is smaller and "softer" than our 99s. Better camera than our 99s, tho.
    09-19-16 11:51 AM

TMO still has BIS. I have my 9900 on TMO in the USA.
    09-19-16 12:44 PM
    Can't answer about TMo, sorry. But if I may ask, might you explain what part of the PP's larger screen you find useful? Documents? Browsing? Movies?

I carry and use my PP on days when anticipating document viewing like PDFs of dwg & dxf files, for example, but still inevitably find need to zoom or Miracast. Larger PP, or even Z30, still isn't large enough either. Old eyes short arms, ya kno. Lol.

99's GUI leverages its tiny screenestate SO much more efficiently, imo. I personally find it TOO easy to just press "I" for zoom in and pan with trackpad on 99. I personally find it pretty rare that larger screens on my PP/Classic/Z30 prove large enough to view things that 99 is too small for, in my "honest to myself" experience... Except for movies... ?? ???

99's link thru PlayBook's hdmi to large TV is still workable tho not as handy as BB10 Miracast. If PP provided a real toolbelt, I'd likely use my PP much more. I just don't find Capacitive KB, itself, adequate substitute for real ToolBelt, imo.

PP's processing power is truly addictive. Tragic shame Classic wasn't similarly blessed but... I guess I'm just still curious about what, precisely, do "normal" PP users use the added screenestate for? ?? No one's ever accused me of "normal" tho. Lol.
    My eyes are bad, man. I went from 9900 to Classic and even that minor jump was a big deal. Going from that to the Passport was nirvana.

idssteve likes this.
    09-19-16 01:25 PM
    TMO still has BIS. I have my 9900 on TMO in the USA.
    Hey, I thought about you the other day and was wondering if you were still using your 9900. Your post answers that question! Glad you are still using it!
    09-19-16 05:35 PM
    9930 for $20 used and unlocked. Should I get it? I use a passport and understand the 9930 will probably not do much beyond emails, music, or simple browser.

Passport!
    09-19-16 05:39 PM
8,754 ... 105106107108109 ...