Follow up: I just figured the CODs all got removed by kitten wandering.

So am using BBDTM to download & install Ralph's recommended 0391.

Install complete. Connecting to device (This might take a few minutes.)

Fingers crossed.
    09-08-16 04:07 PM
    Wait, why do you want to downgrade to my old version? Because of the Enterprize folder being part of your core apps always running? I actually have the Enterprize running also, but as you say it does nothing. I just ignore it. Not an issue for me just as long as everything else still works and it does.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-08-16 04:39 PM
    Also.....I do get that "Uncaught Exception" occasionally but only in CB. Pretty rare though. It's annoying if you have a huge response typed and if you see that screen, you'll have to do it again. But with a KB this "crisp" I actually don't mind if I have to type it again

09-08-16 04:40 PM
    PS I have the Sim back in the iphone 5C again because in a few days I will install ios10 and test it out. I'm just glad I can use the 9900 for this and a few other things without it!

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-08-16 04:49 PM
    Wait, why do you want to downgrade to my old version? Because of the Enterprize folder being part of your core apps always running? I actually have the Enterprize running also, but as you say it does nothing. I just ignore it. Not an issue for me just as long as everything else still works and it does.

Hi Ralph.

I wasn't downgrading I was upgrading. BBSAK with the help of my wee kitten had removed (near as I can figure) all the CODs on Agent 99.

So if you check the photos I posted above you will see an example of what was happening. I could not use my beloved BOLD. It was useless. Tried restarts, reloading backup from BBDTM, etc. Nothing worked. So I had no idea what to do except to reinstall an OS from scratch, & I could have installed 1033 (it was one of the choices) but I chose your 391 instead, because you said you liked it, & I figured hey why not? I can always "update" further, if I don't like the "RMorgotch OS". (And ultimately, there's the 1098 O2UK version out there.)

Anyway. SO I did that. And had to reload my emails and do a few other things, it was basically like starting from scratch (including the BB animated video "Welcome" thing) except that for some reason my downloaded apps were still there, and my contacts. And behold, I have more RAM available now. Over 150 last I checked. Before all this happened I was down to around 90!

Oh and for some reason Gmail properly synced contacts so I have about up to 3 or 4 versions of all my contacts on the 9900 now. So, erum, how do you "merge contacts" again? Heh. I've done it before but I forget!

Also, I cannot find our group chat and pics on BBM? Can I be reinvited?

iOS 10 is great. I've been using it for about six weeks! I like it the best of any iOS version since they kicked out poor old Scott Forstall. They finally got rid of some of the garish contrasts and clunky design bits. All in all, it's just a lot better, though there are some things to adjust to.

TO KEEP on topic: Love my BlackBerry Bold 9900 keyboard! Best ever made!
    09-08-16 05:06 PM
    PM me your BBM or just put it here and I'll see about re-inviting you.

Well as long as everything works

I think about a week is all I can put up with the iphone, but I will get 10 on it and after a few days will go back to the 9900.

You had ios10 for a while? Are you a "Developer" or Tech Writer or something? Man, I wait until all the bugs are gone

09-08-16 05:36 PM
    PM me your BBM or just put it here and I'll see about re-inviting you.

Well as long as everything works

I think about a week is all I can put up with the iphone, but I will get 10 on it and after a few days will go back to the 9900.

You had ios10 for a while? Are you a "Developer" or Tech Writer or something? Man, I wait until all the bugs are gone

Hey thanks I sent you a PM

I am neither a developer or a tech writer, but I do enjoy learning and trying things, so I signed up for beta testing of iOS 10. I suppose if I'd only had ONE device, and that being my iPhone, I wouldn't (maybe) have done so. Nah. I probably would have anyway.

But you know what? The glitches were extremely minor! Like once or twice the camera didn't focus properly, or one or two apps didn't work quite right. Nothing major, in my way of thinking anyway. It was really a good beta! And there were new ones every week! Just kept getting better and better. AND, it came with a little !Feedback! app. It was and IS still great. It's the only system I've had on my iPhone for half the summer. And I never wanted to rollback. Which was easy enough to do.

To stay on topic: Ralph. Or anyone. I have merged contacts on my BOLD 9900 before but I cannot recall how I did it. I did not use any third party app manager nor did I have to plug the phone into my laptop or anything like that. I did it right on the phone; it was a menu option or something. Any tips?
    09-08-16 06:20 PM
    Also....

Was in a very noisy place today, took an important phone call, and there is NO WAY I would have been able to take this call and heard the person on the iphone!! It's like the iphone is "detuned" in regards to the ear speaker. I hate straining my ears on that device to hear the person.
    I have a work iPhone 6, and I can't hear well on that phone at all. To top it off with cherries, I have exceptional hearing. I second your comment. My 9930 is loud and crystal clear!
    anon(9721108) and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-08-16 06:27 PM

But you know what? The glitches were extremely minor! Like once or twice the camera didn't focus properly, or one or two apps didn't work quite right. Nothing major

To stay on topic: Ralph. Or anyone. I have merged contacts on my BOLD 9900 before but I cannot recall how I did it. I did not use any third party app manager nor did I have to plug the phone into my laptop or anything like that. I did it right on the phone; it was a menu option or something. Any tips?
    Well hopefully it doesn't take up too much space because I have two gigs free.

Back to BlackBerry issues as for my contacts I really don't think I did anything special I know that they were already saved onto my Sim card so when I popped the sim in, there they were. And if you mean contacts for Facebook or something I'm getting all the birthdays and stuff like that so I don't know that's all I ever use Contacts for basically I'm not exactly sure what you mean like like emails???
    09-08-16 07:27 PM

Back to BlackBerry issues as for my contacts I really don't think I did anything special I know that they were already saved onto my Sim card so when I popped the sim in, there they were. And if you mean contacts for Facebook or something I'm getting all the birthdays and stuff like that so I don't know that's all I ever use Contacts for basically I'm not exactly sure what you mean like like emails???
    Yes, since my SIM card came from my iPhone, it doesn't actually have contacts stored on the SIM card (though I think there might be an option to do that) I mean like, contacts that have been synced or merged from my emails. When I go into the "Contacts" app, there are many many duplicates since I think it was taking my contacts from both my email addresses. I don't use Facebook so I know it's not that.
    09-08-16 08:26 PM
    My experience was that going to iOS 10, even in beta, gave me extra space on my iPhone.

So no other tips on managing Contacts on my Bold?

I'm thinking if there was some way I could just wipe them all and start over, maybe download them via Bluetooth from my Classic, since iPhones don't play Bluetooth with other non Apple phones.
    09-08-16 08:29 PM
    So here is my latest update on the Continuing Saga of AGENT 99, the BlackBerry Bold 9900:

After basically rendering Agent 99 basically useless after an encounter between myself, Agent 99, my kitten, a USB cable, & BBH Tools, well, I went back to basic: I started BB Desktop Manager & downloaded one of the OS's listed when I clicked "Update" in the menu. I "Updated" to 7.1.0.391 and behold! Agent 99 was back in business and snappier than ever. Aside from the messy Contacts problem, everything is actually working better than before!

And here is the kicker:
    "Enterprise Activation" which was always running and displayed prominently every time I rebooted my 9900, IS GONE!
    Gone gone gone all gone!

Oh, that and I now have a comparatively amazing c. 180 MB of Free Space in my Application Storage. Before the wee debacle, the 9900 was running at around half that. The only difference that is clear, is that pesky "Enterprise Activation" is gone.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    09-08-16 08:43 PM
    Yes, since my SIM card came from my iPhone, it doesn't actually have contacts stored on the SIM card (though I think there might be an option to do that) I mean like, contacts that have been synced or merged from my emails. When I go into the "Contacts" app, there are many many duplicates since I think it was taking my contacts from both my email addresses. I don't use Facebook so I know it's not that.
    Mine did. Rogers saved all my contacts via PC onto my new Sim for my iphone in 2014, and when I popped the sim into the 99, they were all there, no doubles. I guess I was lucky!!

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-08-16 10:28 PM
    I guess I was lucky!!
    "Ya gotta be good to be lucky!"
    -My father.
    ;-)

G'night

BB Bold 9900: "It's all about the clickyness!"

09-08-16 11:34 PM
    Looks like you all are having issues with bes and other apps running in background? Back in the days we used to run hybrid (custom) OS versions. It's a thing I miss from BB days, the ability to (if you know how) customize the OS, adding or deleting stuff from various OS versions, from official and or leaked versions issued for the different carriers available to suits your needs...

Im still waiting for my 9900. Looking back at the pictures seller shared it looks like at least I will need to replace the keyboard piece, if that this will deserve a full new housing (esthetic refurb). May anyone can recommend me an good source for this (any eBay seller?)

Talking of it: did anyone read/discussed that the candidate for used to buy old Legacy devices for their personal (and work) use sourced from the famous online auction site? Just cause RIM discontinued their favorite device...
    09-08-16 11:36 PM
    PS.

From the "Parting Shot" Dept.

Photo I took with my 9900. When I shared this with a few contacts a couple of people who know I also have an iPhone wanted to know which photo app I was using!

David Tyler and anon(8063781) like this.
    09-08-16 11:54 PM
    If you had to pick a 2nd favourite keyboard phone, which would it be?
    1. Passport SE
    2. Z30
    3. Z10
    4. Bold 9900

I love the 9900 kb -- but I love the BlackBerry 10 keyboard features.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-09-16 12:15 AM
    Reading this post made me missed my 9900. I owned 5 of them. Everytime it gets lost or got broke, I'd replace it with 9900, still. I'm using Priv but 9900's PKB is better. I might say.
    Still got one? Pop a Sim Card into it, it still suprises with speed and functionality.

09-09-16 01:15 AM
    Looks like you all are having issues with bes and other apps running in background? Back in the days we used to run hybrid (custom) OS versions. It's a thing I miss from BB days, the ability to (if you know how) customize the OS, adding or deleting stuff from various OS versions, from official and or leaked versions issued for the different carriers available to suits your needs...

Im still waiting for my 9900. Looking back at the pictures seller shared it looks like at least I will need to replace the keyboard piece, if that this will deserve a full new housing (esthetic refurb). May anyone can recommend me an good source for this (any eBay seller?)
    I was never into customization, I was just happy if everything works well and fast, but as for BES, it doesn't bother me. When I first got this 9900 in December I was asking questions about how to eliminate it, but it doesn't get in the way for me and I have lots of storage space. As long as my BIS works and it's always been trouble free.

For a New keyboard do you insist on Blackberry brand and are you using eBay.ca or .com?

09-09-16 01:21 AM
    So here is my latest update on the Continuing Saga of AGENT 99, the BlackBerry Bold 9900:

After basically rendering Agent 99 basically useless after an encounter between myself, Agent 99, my kitten, a USB cable, & BBH Tools, well, I went back to basic: I started BB Desktop Manager & downloaded one of the OS's listed when I clicked "Update" in the menu. I "Updated" to 7.1.0.391 and behold! Agent 99 was back in business and snappier than ever. Aside from the messy Contacts problem, everything is actually working better than before!

And here is the kicker:
    "Enterprise Activation" which was always running and displayed prominently every time I rebooted my 9900, IS GONE!
    Gone gone gone all gone!

Oh, that and I now have a comparatively amazing c. 180 MB of Free Space in my Application Storage. Before the wee debacle, the 9900 was running at around half that. The only difference that is clear, is that pesky "Enterprise Activation" is gone.
    Lol, talk about "Kitten on the Keys"...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TBxRRUj1bcA
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-09-16 04:03 AM
    +1 for Hybrids Not for everyone but for braver souls...

Hybrid OS - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    userpr likes this.
    09-09-16 04:29 AM
    I have a work iPhone 6, and I can't hear well on that phone at all. To top it off with cherries, I have exceptional hearing. I second your comment. My 9930 is loud and crystal clear!
    Yep. 99's speakerphone is another treasured gem. "Enable Speaker" provided by Advance OS & LED automatically enables 99's speakerphone for each call without need to press "$".

Reduces distraction while performing tasks like checking Calendar, updating contact info, checking messages, updating spreadsheets, etc. during a call.

Also, Speakerphone keeps RF away from brain. I, for one, don't like the idea of holding an RF source against my already troubled brain.. Lol. .
    Last edited by idssteve; 09-09-16 at 05:04 AM.
    09-09-16 04:54 AM
    1. Passport SE
    2. Z30
    3. Z10
    4. Bold 9900

I love the 9900 kb -- but I love the BlackBerry 10 keyboard features.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Interestingly, my individual use case leads to an almost opposite prioritization:

1. 9900
    2. Classic
    3. Passport
    4. Z30

Far, far too many unique acronyms & nomenclature in my typical communications to consider "auto-correct" anything. But then, I'm not typically considered typical. Lol.

My Classic has enjoyed renewed "secondary carry" status with me since Browsie's latest update improved trackpad & kb shortcut optimization a couple weeks ago. Still a far cry from 9900's UI optimizations but enough for Classic to displace PP as my "go to" for heavy browsing, now. Fwiw.

Single handed master 9900 in left hand with single handed runner up Classic in right hand makes for a supremely powerful "double fisted" combo, imo.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-09-16 05:45 AM
    We track by counties because tornadoes spawn in the countryside more often than cites, and because tornadoes can be anywhere from a few hundred feet to a mile or two wide with paths that can be completely unpredictable everyone living outside city limits needs a way of being warned quickly. Cities and outlying areas are added to the warnings as the storm approaches. As for what county you're in, watch your signs!

http://www.nctc.net/counties/lancast...rco%20sign.jpg
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GQ-uIY6bfU...l%2BCounty.jpg
    Lol... Good overall reasoning on NOAA's part but seems mostly optimized for local residents familiar with local counties. Not really optimal for long distance travelers passing thru dozens of counties, imo. I'd never consider trusting my life to a cell phone but my 9900's GPS coordinated BeWeather alerts have proven somewhat more convenient than driving back to county lines to determine which county I'm in tonight. Lol.
    09-09-16 06:08 AM
    Lol, talk about "Kitten on the Keys"...

Wow Zez Confrey only vaguely aware of the name & this piece!

You nailed it. I can just picture this playing as the soundtrack to my foibles yesterday, filmed in black & white, slightly jerky, & complete with subtitles like "oh! naughty kitten!" & theatrical expressions.

Haha thanks, I am going to pass this on to a cat loving piano playing friend who's big into ragtime.
    tinytyke likes this.
    09-09-16 06:27 AM
8,754 ... 100101102103104 ...