Writing this with Tapatalk. Signature switched on. Still not working.

Hmmm.
    09-03-16 06:55 AM
    So does the other link actually work too? The one with the double http?
    Yes. It's actually the same link. :P
    09-03-16 09:58 AM
    Haha ok thanks Shuswap
    09-03-16 10:09 AM
    Anyone of you Bold 9900 wizards know a workaround for this? The attachment I'm trying to send is only a 5 second regular definition video. Seems silly.
    09-03-16 10:11 AM
    Strange but true.
    Heh heh heh yeah that Tapatalk CrackBerry app isn't exactly obvious.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    09-03-16 01:03 PM
    Anyone of you Bold 9900 wizards know a workaround for this? The attachment I'm trying to send is only a 5 second regular definition video. Seems silly.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7a8bff6830.jpg
    I had that issue on a car forum, no matter what I did,M even after shortening the vid, resizing the vid it didn't always work, if it worked.

I don't know about the tapatalk app you have now but for photos I sometimes use Photobucket (unless it's absolutely necessary) or YouTube and then just post the link (if you don't mind people seeing all your other vids)
    Who knows, there might be a simple fix
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-03-16 03:44 PM
    I don't know about the tapatalk app you have now but for photos I sometimes use Photobucket (unless it's absolutely necessary) or YouTube and then just post the link (if you don't mind people seeing all your other vids)
    Who knows, there might be a simple fix
    I was actually trying to email a video in that photo above. My 9900 just will not let me, unless it is like 3 seconds or less. Which is pointless. Can't email, but will have to see about MMS. Maybe different. Hopefully.

Seems there isn't really a workaround for emailing large files on the Bold. Some folks talking about getting into the settings on BES to allow for it, but that doesn't apply to us.

Good enough workaround is YouTube though you're right.

As for Tapatalk. You're not missing anything. Aside from the missing signature problem (only a problem if you're mildly obcom like me haha! ;P) it also seizes up a lot. Screens take a long time to load. Etc. And really the only advantage aside from better typing input, is the "Like" button. But if I want to like a post I can use my iPhone app or computer. I'm either going to delete and redownload the Tapatalk app or just stick to the CB app you & I are already using on our 99's.
    09-04-16 09:16 AM

As for Tapatalk. You're not missing anything. Aside from the missing signature problem (only a problem if you're mildly obcom like ....
    The key advantage of the Tapatalk app is that you can subscribe to other forums. With the CB app -- it's CB and nothing else. Of course some may argue that there is nothing else...
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 09:57 AM
    Another option available on Tapatalk.
    Highlight and select name on top of post for more info.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 11:17 AM
    On my iphone I have both the Imore and CB apps, they get along great sitting together, both work good.

It will be interesting to check imore when the new iphone 7 comes out on the 16th?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone. I just realized that I had not posted here since February 2013. I am still using my beloved 9930 to this day (got it December 2011). What got me poking around was I started looking at apps to see if I wanted to try anything new. Glad to see the activity happening here! I have a lot of reading to do!
    lenze, David Tyler and Ursus Rufus like this.
    09-04-16 02:22 PM
    Hi everyone. I just realized that I had not posted here since February 2013. I am still using my beloved 9930 to this day (got it December 2011). What got me poking around was I started looking at apps to see if I wanted to try anything new. Glad to see the activity happening here! I have a lot of reading to do!
    Wow; that is rock-steady. Welcome back, and just ignore all the crabby negativity in almost every other forum!

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 02:55 PM
    Wow; that is rock-steady. Welcome back, and just ignore all the crabby negativity in almost every other forum!

Thanks. Will ignore. Just interested in 99XX content:

By the way, my place of employment went away from BB (to iPhone) years ago, but 9930 is my personal choice due to the keyboard and great, great sound quality. I am the only BB user left in the family. My husband's 9930 is my backup plan in the event anything happens to mine. Frankly my phone looks great and expect it will last a while longer.
    Ursus Rufus and idssteve like this.
    09-04-16 03:08 PM
    On my iphone I have both the Imore and CB apps, they get along great sitting together, both work good.
    Likewise!
    Hmm, sometimes I wonder if we were separated at birth or something.

Kidding! Heh. Fun though
    09-04-16 08:38 PM
    Just checking Kijiji once in a while. Found these not more than a few kilometres from my lonely home in the woods. Ten quid takes em.

09-04-16 10:01 PM
    Likewise!
    Hmm, sometimes I wonder if we were separated at birth or something.

Kidding! Heh. Fun though
    haha see you at the family reunion!

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 10:24 PM
    The blue Nokia in the last pic is a C3 model, I had that one on Rogers Pre-paid in 2010. Good phone but installing 800 songs from Limewire full of viruses killed it effectively, AND my PC! That was the year I got my Ipad 1 new and said Bye Bye to Microsoft.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-04-16 10:30 PM
    Any idea what's going on here? When I go to turn my 9900 off always gives this message now.

Checked in settings. Auto on is NOT enabled.

Checked alarm. Alarm is not enabled.

Bug?

Coincidentally(?) I just updated to 7.1.0.1033

Can I roll back the update? Is there another solution? Tried several reboots. Starting in Safe Mode. It keeps happening. Grfff.

09-04-16 11:42 PM
    Got it. An alarm I had set accidentally in calendar.

I like creating and answering problems for myself. ;P

Btw. Noticed when researching BBOS that last version (released in 2013) was 7.1.0.2931.

This was not the one installed when I was alerted to the update by my BlackBerry Desktop software. Wondering why not? Any ideas?

My version was .9xx and is now .1033.

How does one get .2931? And does it matter?
    09-04-16 11:52 PM
    The blue Nokia in the last pic is a C3 model, I had that one on Rogers Pre-paid in 2010. Good phone but installing 800 songs from Limewire full of viruses killed it effectively, AND my PC! That was the year I got my Ipad 1 new and said Bye Bye to Microsoft.

Shall I buy all three? PM me your address Ralph & I will mail the Nokia to you ;P

Ah Limewire. Hated it. Speaking of malware: Kazaa, remember it? Gnutella, anyone?
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-04-16 11:55 PM
    I like creating and answering problems for myself. ;P
    So funny!
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-05-16 01:07 AM
    ok so I commented, now where is it....

09-05-16 03:24 AM
    no no dude I got the perfect PKB but thanks Careful you might have others taking you up on that

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-05-16 03:25 AM
    As for Tapatalk. You're not missing anything. Aside from the missing signature problem (only a problem if you're mildly obcom like me haha! ;P) it also seizes up a lot. Screens take a long time to load.
    If I may be so Bold*, I might also add the following,..
    From my own experience, the Tapatalk app was very unstable until I updated the OS to 7.1.0.1098
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-o2-uk-865486/
    like many instability issues (with earlier versions of OS7) that update pretty much fixed Tapatalk crashes

Before the update Tapatalk regularly locked up my 9900 and I also favoured the CB app. If you haven't already done so, I strongly recommend updating your OS to latest and greatest

*see what I did there!?
    Ursus Rufus and anon(8063781) like this.
    09-05-16 06:02 AM
    I was actually trying to email a video in that photo above. My 9900 just will not let me, unless it is like 3 seconds or less. Which is pointless. Can't email, but will have to see about MMS. Maybe different. Hopefully.
    Another problem created & solved by myself. See? I'm talking to myself ^^.

Anyway here is what I found out about sending video, for example, with my 9900:

What I had done before was shoot some video & then unsuccessfully tried attaching it to email or MMS. Got the "File too large" message.

What I figured out: Open SMS / MMS messaging, select your contact & tap c or r on keyboard, to compose or reply. Then with the cursor in the compose field, press the BlackBerry button, scroll to Attach, select "Video". Select "Video Camera" & then capture the footage. I've tried it and can do @ least 10-20 seconds and then send it. Yay!

So it must automatically change the settings to use less data intensive formatting.

Haven't tested this with email but quite confident it probably works the same way. Don't shoot the footage first. Shoot it within the application.

On Another Note --
    Revisiting SIM card topic:

Have tried both using an adaptor & just putting the nano SIM into the tray. For me the tray-less method works best.

The Noosy tray and another one I had both sometimes get stuck particularly when extracting. The nano SIM might slip slightly out of its place in the adaptor "crib" creating extra width & pressure, & thus causing the edge of the adaptor to catch on the pins.

A sticky situation. I once had to cut out a bit of a tool using the thin plastic from an SD card packaging, to slide between the adaptor and the pins, in order to get the sticking adaptor & SIM card out. Grff!

That was the last time I used an adaptor.

Also, inserting with the adaptor, I pretty much had to hold the phone upside down.

Just putting the SIM in naked takes a light touch but there's no danger of it getting jammed. As for taking it out, a nudge with a fingernail & some light pressure are enough to extract it.

You have to experiment so you learn the correct placement (it helps to hold the adaptor overtop of the tray just to gauge).

This is all just my experience fwiw.

PPS -- Does anyone else have a Bold 9900 that has a slightly gummy or soft feeling back?

Not the battery cover (which is a real fingerprint magnet! Heheh) but the beveled edging around it.

My first & second 99s (one I gave away & one the seller replaced because it had a faulty keyboard backlight) didn't have that but my newest one does. Wasn't sure I liked it at first but now really do.
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 09-05-16 at 06:41 AM.
    09-05-16 06:17 AM
8,754 ... 9596979899 ...