Wow. Well I'm on the computer now so it's all clear and bright and easy. So, where was this magical $25 unicorn Bold? Wow! Let's buy it!
    So you can see them all now? Because I also posted them in the BBM group, it's pretty brutal on the 9900 to post 4 or 5 pics on this wifi where I am right now and then search them out, etc. I got a lot of pics on my Micro SD card

Yeah you friend has to WANT to get it fixed, or at least make an effort to get Wind on this, because it seems to be creating eve more tension for him

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-31-16 07:18 PM
    So you can see them all now?

Yeah you friend has to WANT to get it fixed, or at least make an effort to get Wind on this, because it seems to be creating eve more tension for him
    Can see them now. Easy on computer. Thx.

Yes, you're right about that. He needs to WANT that, but so far I guess he doesn't or can't. He's dealing with two much other stressors. It would just be a straw on the camel's back he couldn't take I guess. But I'm working on it. I'm also thinking of some workarounds, like lots more research into this issue (it is well known) on the Internet, or calling, visiting, Wind myself... They won't do anything unless they know, and unless pressure is also applied..
    08-31-16 07:25 PM
    Notice anything odd about this pic? Attachment 407531
    Where are the 9900's?

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-31-16 07:26 PM
    Addendum. It's also a minor stress for me. I have to make sure I'm on the iPhone all the time or just doing daily checks with him before switching to my 9900. I know it sounds crazy but the guy is like a bro to me. He's had my back more times than I care to recall. Least I can do at this juncture.

Still, Wind could fix this. Apparently there's a lot of customers out there with the same problem.
    08-31-16 07:27 PM
    Where are the 9900's?

Posted via CB10
    Ya haha. Exactly.
    08-31-16 07:29 PM
    Ps cool avatar!
    08-31-16 07:30 PM
    Where are the 9900's?

Posted via CB10
    Haha exactly! I'm glad somebody caught this. There were more posts with these errors and I should post some just to test people

Someone can't tell the difference between a Sammy Glass Slab and a PKB BB

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-31-16 07:32 PM
    Well said Ralph. Those are old Sammys too. S3's I think. Hard to say from photo.
    08-31-16 07:45 PM
    So did you start a new thread for your photos of all the 'Berries at the Sasktel shop?
    08-31-16 07:50 PM
    So did you start a new thread for your photos of all the 'Berries at the Sasktel shop?
    Yup, go check under "General"

08-31-16 07:52 PM
    OK will do.

Meanwhile, can you check this thread out? I'm not sure what this guy is on about, but he sounds like he might belong here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post12570937
    08-31-16 07:53 PM
    That Dtek50 was nice, I don't know why everyone has to nit-pick over every flippin' detail about it. I think no matter what products offer, people will always take issue with something. The battery life is tons better than what we have on the 9900, even with carrying a dpare battery, but then someone always expects it to be nuclear powered and last a month.

08-31-16 07:55 PM
    OK will do.

Meanwhile, can you check this thread out? I'm not sure what this guy is on about, but he sounds like he might belong here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que.../#post12570937
    Where did he post that? I haven't found it other than your link. Anyway I was too busy posting in the "What Blackberry Needs" thread

08-31-16 08:28 PM
    Anyway I was too busy posting in the "What Blackberry Needs" thread

Ah ok another one to find. Care to precis what you said?

08-31-16 09:06 PM
    That Dtek50 was nice, I don't know why everyone has to nit-pick over every flippin' detail about it. I think no matter what products offer, people will always take issue with something. The battery life is tons better than what we have on the 9900, even with carrying a dpare battery, but then someone always expects it to be nuclear powered and last a month.
    Bet it is nice. Just not an Android kind of guy. Have had a few and must say I think I prefer Samsung's take on it overall.

But ya like I said I like my fruits: Pure 'Berries and Apples. Heh. Amazing what all Sasktel had on offer.

In order of preference: Classic, Passport, Priv, DTek, Leap. But I'd put my trusty old Z30 above all except the Classic.

Then again this Bold beats them all.

08-31-16 09:14 PM
    Ah ok another one to find. Care to precis what you said?

Finding it is half the fun......if you're rocking a 99

08-31-16 11:35 PM
    Bet it is nice. Just not an Android kind of guy. Have had a few and must say I think I prefer Samsung's take on it overall.

But ya like I said I like my fruits: Pure 'Berries and Apples. Heh. Amazing what all Sasktel had on offer.

In order of preference: Classic, Passport, Priv, DTek, Leap. But I'd put my trusty old Z30 above all except the Classic.

Then again this Bold beats them all.

I just can't respect Sammy phones AT ALL. My buddy had an S2 (I think it was) Samsung and before that all he had were flip phones. It was right before the success of the S3 really put Samsung on the map because that device was pretty good supposedly, trying to push the gap towards the iphone. At the time I must have had my white 9780 and I was no stranger to adding contacts manually to a device but he called me over because he needed help with it. We couldn't add a contact to it no matter what we did. Iphone, Blackberry, my Nokia C3, even my older Moto Razr and Razr2 flip phones and Mororola 650 flip back in 1997, NO PROBLEM. He got so frustrated with it Sasktel let him return it for a full refund and guess what he got......a brand new flip phone haha.

I hated them ever since.

08-31-16 11:42 PM
    I just can't respect Sammy phones AT ALL. My buddy had an S2 (I think it was) Samsung and before that all he had were flip phones. It was right before the success of the S3 really put Samsung on the map because that device was pretty good supposedly, trying to push the gap towards the iphone. At the time I must have had my white 9780 and I was no stranger to adding contacts manually to a device but he called me over because he needed help with it. We couldn't add a contact to it no matter what we did. Iphone, Blackberry, my Nokia C3, even my older Moto Razr and Razr2 flip phones and Mororola 650 flip back in 1997, NO PROBLEM. He got so frustrated with it Sasktel let him return it for a full refund and guess what he got......a brand new flip phone haha.

I hated them ever since.

I have an S2 in my tech drawer somewhere .. People tend to ask me advice with using their phones & also I often end up with their cast offs. Like that S2. Anyway I should dig it out & try adding a contact. Hehe, just for old time's sake.

Samsung (& Android) were a whole different experience back then. Very primitive, very "funky", like a 1989 Hyundai. A friend had one. What a hunk of junk haha! And look at them now.

Funny thing is, as primitive as Gingerbread & Sammy were back then, there is also a sense of fun and discovery that is gone now. So while it is a lot easier to, ya, say add a contact, it is also somehow less engaging and quirky, qualities that make tech feel human. Remember the old cute "bug" emojis?

Anyway Sam is not the same company anymore.

If you get a chance, handle an S7 or the new Note. Or check out some videos of people handling the S7 underwater, just for fun. ;P

They've come a long way. Very groovy baby.

Sorry this is way off topic.

Coming back to the topic, on my 9900 can you recommend some utility apps, that you find useful, besides screen dim & that memory cleaner?

What do you use for a "Reminder" app? Like the kind that comes up on the screen @ a specified time & says, you know, "Buy OJ"

09-01-16 03:18 AM
    Here is a screen grab of my downloaded apps for the 9900

Oh PS: Am keeping an eye on that seller for keyboards. Shuswap sent me the link. Price is high right now. Hopefully when more stock arrives price will come down.

Paying over $100 for a keyboard seems a little heavy considering I only paid $50 for the phone!

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    09-01-16 03:29 AM
    Tx

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 01:56 PM
    I have an S2 in my tech drawer somewhere .. People tend to ask me advice with using their phones & also I often end up with their cast offs. Like that S2. Anyway I should dig it out & try adding a contact. Hehe, just for old time's sake.

Samsung (& Android) were a whole different experience back then. Very primitive, very "funky", like a 1989 Hyundai. A friend had one. What a hunk of junk haha! And look at them now.

Funny thing is, as primitive as Gingerbread & Sammy were back then, there is also a sense of fun and discovery that is gone now. So while it is a lot easier to, ya, say add a contact, it is also somehow less engaging and quirky, qualities that make tech feel human. Remember the old cute "bug" emojis?

Anyway Sam is not the same company anymore.

If you get a chance, handle an S7 or the new Note. Or check out some videos of people handling the S7 underwater, just for fun. ;P

They've come a long way. Very groovy baby.

Sorry this is way off topic.

Coming back to the topic, on my 9900 can you recommend some utility apps, that you find useful, besides screen dim & that memory cleaner?

What do you use for a "Reminder" app? Like the kind that comes up on the screen @ a specified time & says, you know, "Buy OJ"

I remember entering contacts for him but there was no button to "save* or confirm that any contact was added. Unless there was some trick to it? It's a beautiful experience addind contacts on an iphone or a Blackberry.

The only app I came close to using for something like that is the "Sticky Notes" app where it is like "Notes" on an iphone and basically you just create your grocery list on the app and then it shows up on yout home screen until you delete it. Came in handy but the free versions of those apps usually are clunky or something never works right all the time.

09-01-16 04:17 PM
    Here is a screen grab of my downloaded apps for the 9900

Oh PS: Am keeping an eye on that seller for keyboards. Shuswap sent me the link. Price is high right now. Hopefully when more stock arrives price will come down.

Paying over $100 for a keyboard seems a little heavy considering I only paid $50 for the phone!

Whoa forget paying that much!!! Just wait. But that guy has the quality authentic BB parts so it is worth the wait.

This reminds me of earlier this year I ordered the official BB "soft Gel" case for the 9900 and I paid $5 on Amazon. 2 days later they were something like $69 and I couldn't believe it! That's almost what the phone cost! Who would pay that and what is the point. I find myself not even using it because I put it on the pod Charger. I even made a thread for that showing the prices and how good the case looks.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-01-16 04:41 PM
    I remember entering contacts for him but there was no button to "save* or confirm that any contact was added. Unless there was some trick to it? It's a beautiful experience addind contacts on an iphone or a Blackberry.

The only app I came close to using for something like that is the "Sticky Notes" app where it is like "Notes" on an iphone and basically you just create your grocery list on the app and then it shows up on yout home screen until you delete it. Came in handy but the free versions of those apps usually are clunky or something never works right all the time.

Really like reading your stuff. Insights and opinions about what's good on the 9900 and what's not.

Hah and considering all the punctuation and effort you put into all that, because Tapatalk sure is bare bones. Gotta do every single capital, every full stop. No double space to punctuate there!

True about clunky free versions. That happens a lot even on other platforms though. Especially Android.

I ended up using the plain old Calendar app for a reminder & it works! You can set a time and it pops up on the screen & everything. "Buy OJ!"

So I'm going to pull out my old S2 just for you Ralph, & see how that's done. Will report back.
    09-01-16 05:20 PM
    Really like reading your stuff. Insights and opinions about what's good on the 9900 and what's not.

Hah and considering all the punctuation and effort you put into all that, because Tapatalk sure is bare bones. Gotta do every single capital, every full stop. No double space to punctuate there!

True about clunky free versions. That happens a lot even on other platforms though. Especially Android.

I ended up using the plain old Calendar app for a reminder & it works! You can set a time and it pops up on the screen & everything. "Buy OJ!"

So I'm going to pull out my old S2 just for you Ralph, & see how that's done. Will report back.
    Roger Wilco!

09-01-16 06:44 PM
    Here you go Ralph. It was kinda fun visiting the bad fun old days. This is my S2 running Gingerbread.

Warning: Off topic. Will return to 9900 tomorrow.

G'night.

Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 09-01-16 at 11:11 PM.
    09-01-16 10:57 PM
8,754 ... 9293949596 ...