ya try the 2 step, but not the dance. Keep at it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    LOL good one. Heh

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 11:32 PM
    Thanks again Ralph. Got it.

A few glitches to iron out but I now have the following working

Twitter
    Hotmail
    Gmail
    Text /MMS
    Opera browser
    CB app
    Accuweather
    Force Close
    Screen Grabber
    And of course the phone which is clear as a bell.

And btw I found with this 9900 using one of those Noosy SIM adaptors is the best way to go. Also holding the phone upside down when inserting it helps.

Can you recommend a good screen dimmer? It never seems dim enough in my room at night?

And is there a better screenshot app? The one I have won't work in the CB app for example.

Thanks for everything. If we ever meet, dinner is on me.

Ps -- shoutout to ColinsCity for his brilliant wee Gmail thread!

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! I tried Screen Grabber and I didn't like it either, so I use the one I did in 2011 called Screen Muncher, free version. I have never been able to take a screen shot in the CB app, I think that is just how it is.

Here is the screen dim app I use and it's awesome! But Telus will bill you .99 cents on your next bill for it, but worth it.

[IMG]html>
    <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/IMG]

08-27-16 11:49 PM
    Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    08-27-16 11:50 PM
    I mean Fido, my bad, not Telus

08-27-16 11:51 PM
    Oh. One more thing. You remember that one contact glitch of yours when going from iMessage to the 9900? Well I have one contact back in the iCollective who can't seem to get pictures through to me. He's on an iPhone 5C with Wind. I switched iMessage off long before putting the SIM in the Bold, & am getting messages from him just not photos.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about that one bud. I have a buddy who got a 5C when I did, he is with Telus and he gets my full SMS messages with pics.

08-27-16 11:57 PM
    Whoa. Perfect.

I am turning in now. Long day.
    Thanks for everything. Talk soon!

Ian

08-28-16 12:00 AM
    Yup keep me posted on the emails and if you try the screen dim app. I do show the screen dim app in my shorter video, here it is, and I explain how to use it...

08-28-16 12:06 AM
    Not sure about that one bud. I have a buddy who got a 5C when I did, he is with Telus and he gets my full SMS messages with pics.

Ok have a feeling it is related to Wind not being an official Apple partner in Canada and even selling "preloved" iPhones, which Apple is none too pleased with, I hear.

Wow. So chuffed about all this I cannot sleep

08-28-16 12:13 AM
    Yup keep me posted on the emails and if you try the screen dim app. I do show the screen dim app in my shorter video, here it is, and I explain how to use it...

Awesome thanks. Watched one of your videos last week but not sure if it was this one.

Cheers!

08-28-16 12:16 AM

Wow. So chuffed about all this I cannot sleep

lol send some emails to yourself from one email addy to the other, with pics. That's how I test out mine;p

08-28-16 12:25 AM
    Good morning.

Yes did that; all good. Problem was a friend trying to send MMS to me was unable to do so. It does seem it is a Wind / iPhone problem. Lots about it on the intartubes.

Have a different question. Often get this screen when starting or restarting phone. If i don't dismiss it it just keeps going:

08-28-16 09:13 AM
    Is it trying to synchronise my Hotmail contacts? Because contacts is a problem in its own right.

So far haven't figured out a way to get my contacts onto the Bold without just manually entering them. Gmail not doing it. Hotmail not doing it either.

Don't really want to do the "Switch Devices" thing in Setup because I'm not really switching devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 11:40 AM
    Good morning.

Yes did that; all good. Problem was a friend trying to send MMS to me was unable to do so. It does seem it is a Wind / iPhone problem. Lots about it on the intartubes.

Have a different question. Often get this screen when starting or restarting phone. If i don't dismiss it it just keeps going:

I used to get a message like that and after a month or 2 it seemed to "settle." I have not seen it again.

08-28-16 12:57 PM
    Is it trying to synchronise my Hotmail contacts? Because contacts is a problem in its own right.

So far haven't figured out a way to get my contacts onto the Bold without just manually entering them. Gmail not doing it. Hotmail not doing it either.

Don't really want to do the "Switch Devices" thing in Setup because I'm not really switching devices.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry I've never synced contacts (I don't think" but mine were all on my sim card from the iphone, as this sim card was originally for the iphone and Rogers saved them on the sim.

What you could do is be lazy and just wait until the important contacts call you and then "save to contacts"

There was a lot of talk of this topic before in here but I just do them manually otherwise.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-28-16 01:01 PM
    I will look back through the thread. I just did a Bluetooth to Bluetooth thing and got all the less used contacts that way. Most of the important ones have already been added in the way you suggested, and many of those have been lining up to ask me why my iMessage isn't working LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 01:34 PM
    I will look back through the thread. I just did a Bluetooth to Bluetooth thing and got all the less used contacts that way. Most of the important ones have already been added in the way you suggested, and many of those have been lining up to ask me why my iMessage isn't working LOL

Posted via CB10
    Now the fun part, you have to convince them to install the BBM app on their iphones.

Mine works ok except for the double posting and sometimes you send a pic in ios BBM and the person got it but it says "File Transfer failed."

On the 9900 BBM has always worked perfectly, same for the 9780 and 9790's I had.

08-28-16 01:38 PM
    Hah. You read my mind. Been working on it. Trouble is so many of them are saying, but I already use Hangouts and iMessage Snapchat and WhatsApp etc I don't want another one.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 01:57 PM
    Hah. You read my mind. Been working on it. Trouble is so many of them are saying, but I already use Hangouts and iMessage Snapchat and WhatsApp etc I don't want another one.

Posted via CB10
    your response: "I'm worth it."

08-28-16 07:36 PM
    you need a Blackberry pod charger now

08-28-16 09:41 PM
    Whoa.

O.O

I totally do. Okay so. Here comes the duhmb questions: Where do I get one How much How does it work? What are those two Frankenstein bolt-nubs on the bottom? Hey cool I like the clock how did you do that? I can probably figure it out say do you think I should put a different chin under the spacebar? I'd like one without the Rogers branding. Spacebar that's a weird word spacebar spacebar spacebar. I sound like Buddy in "Elf" do like that movie? I really like that movie.

Okay I want a pod racer i mean charger that is so deeeecent.

Hehe sorry having some fun. So ya those must be harder to find than good batteries, no?

08-28-16 10:21 PM
    your response: "I'm worth it."
    Wow should try that. Hahaaa. Never say stuff like that but always a first time. Will make them laugh, then think!

Ps why is there absolutely N O punctuation or capitalisation in this old CB app? Grfff! Heh

08-28-16 10:25 PM
    Whoa.

O.O

I totally do. Okay so. Here comes the duhmb questions: Where do I get one How much How does it work? What are those two Frankenstein bolt-nubs on the bottom? Hey cool I like the clock how did you do that? I can probably figure it out say do you think I should put a different chin under the spacebar? I'd like one without the Rogers branding. Spacebar that's a weird word spacebar spacebar spacebar. I sound like Buddy in "Elf" do like that movie? I really like that movie.

Okay I want a pod racer i mean charger that is so deeeecent.

Hehe sorry having some fun. So ya those must be harder to find than good batteries, no?

Here is where you can get one (but if you get spare batteries a wall charger for the seperate battery might be more useful...

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00KDO...UvbUpU12567193

As for the clock, click the clock icon, and hit the BB Button, there are settings under "sleep mode" and it turns the 9900 into an alarm clock if you have the Pod Desktop Charger.

You answered your own question The Frankenstein knobs on the botton are the charging contacts.

I ordered a plain white spacebar from amazon and you can also have your cake and eat it too!

Was it "Elf" or "Home Alone" when the kid asked all those questions

08-28-16 10:30 PM
    my wall charger, so you can keep on rockin' and always have a freshly juiced..........battery

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-28-16 10:34 PM
    I am using my BB bold 4 9900 along with my iPhone 4 (i know, Old). But they compliment each other like anything. I use the beautiful camera/instagram and iBooks (to read PDF and epub files) on my old iPhone and my Blackberry Bold is mostly used for calling/messaging and Whatsapp (of course). The LED light makes me look at the superb business phone only when I have a missed call or message. This works out in my busy office ( I work at a publishing house handing a large team). I have bought another BB bold for my colleague who sits next to me and was impressed by the retro business looks of the lovely device. I am planning to sell him the new device for $125, the price i bought it was the same. I just felt it's a good thing to do.. planting BLACKBERRIES!!!! lol I wanna start a revolution!!

9900:Resurgence of popularity!-image.jpg
    08-29-16 01:01 AM
    I am planning to sell him the new device for $125

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	407373
    NooOOoOO don't do it, keep all the 9900's you'll miss everyone of them

08-29-16 12:27 PM
8,754 ... 9091929394 ...