Happy to help : )

I actually have an old iPhone that never got past iOS 6, but since I don't use it much I'm not too worried.

On iMore there is a lot of chat about how Pegasus technically isn't much of a concern to most iPhone owners in developed countries. Still. It's a vulnerability and it's been fixed.

Very true what Ralph and others have said about slow Android security patches.

Apple is good at that. So far.
    08-26-16 11:04 AM

Agent 99 Redux has landed : )

Now to figure out if it's truly unlocked, and what to do about BIS and email. Am seriously thinking of switching providers if that would do the trick.

First though, want to see if or what Fido might have available.

I read on another thread that Telus includes BIS in all their plans. Can anyone speak to this?
    08-26-16 11:10 AM
    Am i the only iPhone user who never gets the Software Update notification? i have never received one, if i hadn't read the notification emails of this thread then i wouldn't have checked to update the phone. I'm getting increasingly fed up of this iPhone especially after the news of iPhone 6 users 12-18 months after owning the device, I'm highly considering to replace it with the Priv and call it a day on apple products. But anyway, thanks for talking about this, otherwise i wouldn't have updated because i wouldn't have known.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Yes but at least Apple puts out the update, and the same day the threat is known Actually it sometimes takes a few days to get the little red Update notification even though they have pushed the update and it is available. I don't know if this has to do with wifi speeds or the fact it takes some time to reach hundreds of millions of iphone users but what amazes me is if we all do the update at the same time, how does it not crash their systems

Weird thing is if you set it to Automatic update, you still have to manually do the update (in my case) but its simple to do and it's not a deal breaker for me. I do like to quickly research each major update before I do it because if a lot of people have an issue after installing, I might hold off a few days.

Hey, we are happiest with the 9900 because there are NO pesky updates to worry about

lenze and Ursus Rufus like this.
    08-26-16 11:11 AM
    Am i the only iPhone user who never gets the Software Update notification? i have never received one, if i hadn't read the notification emails of this thread then i wouldn't have checked to update the phone. I'm getting increasingly fed up of this iPhone especially after the news of iPhone 6 users 12-18 months after owning the device, I'm highly considering to replace it with the Priv and call it a day on apple products. But anyway, thanks for talking about this, otherwise i wouldn't have updated because i wouldn't have known.

Ps "Happy to help" was meant to go here. Heh. ; )
    08-26-16 11:11 AM
    Happy to help : )

I actually have an old iPhone that never got past iOS 6, but since I don't use it much I'm not too worried.

On iMore there is a lot of chat about how Pegasus technically isn't much of a concern to most iPhone owners in developed countries. Still. It's a vulnerability and it's been fixed.

Very true what Ralph and others have said about slow Android security patches.

Apple is good at that. So far.
    We all owe you some gratitude for pointing it out to us, maybe we should all chip in and get your 9900 Gold plated or something

I read last night (I think it was the New York Times) about this virus that it may have even been around since ios7!!!!!! And also supposedly there were hackers that got Health Canada's patient information, and they held it for ransom, and basically the government HAD TO PAY because they needed that critical info back.

08-26-16 11:17 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...41df77d31e.jpg

Agent 99 Redux has landed : )

Now to figure out if it's truly unlocked, and what to do about BIS and email. Am seriously thinking of switching providers if that would do the trick.

First though, want to see if or what Fido might have available.

I read on another thread that Telus includes BIS in all their plans. Can anyone speak to this?
    I don't see the dotted symbol on the top right saying you have BIS, but why is there a red dot to the left of your wifi signal-strength meter?
    [IMG]html>
    <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/IMG]

08-26-16 11:25 AM
    I'd like to know why sometimes I can't always post a pic as a FILE and it only allows Tapatalk image Hosting, ok now it worked as an Attatchment.....

Attached Thumbnails 9900:Resurgence of popularity!-tapaupload0.jpg  
    08-26-16 11:29 AM
    URSUS you should post the question about Telus having BIS in the Carrier section for Telus maybe?

I know Sasktel and Rogers do. I'm sure Bell would because they are all over eastern Canada with a LOT of users but I can't speak for Virgin Mobile anymore, I used to be with them.

It's too bad you can't move everything over to Rogers (because you are with Fido owned by them) but as with any new decent voice and data plan, if you want name and number ID that's an extra $10 and you're looking at around $75 per month after tax.

It's funny how everyone said "competition will lower the prices" but it didn't pan out that way.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-26-16 01:12 PM
    I don't see the dotted symbol on the top right saying you have BIS, but why is there a red dot to the left of your wifi signal-strength meter?
    http://html><br /> <head><title>301... </html><br />

Ya not sure about that. Gone now.

Did call Fido technical support. Nice but not knowledgable. Gave me BlackBerry's freephone number and encouraged me to also call and try Fido again.

[IMG]html>
    <head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
    <body bgcolor="white">
    <center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
    <hr><center>nginx/1.4.6 (Ubuntu)</center>
    </body>
    </html>
    [/IMG]

08-26-16 10:24 PM
    I'd like to know why sometimes I can't always post a pic as a FILE and it only allows Tapatalk image Hosting, ok now it worked as an Attatchment.....

I tried to attach a screen capture above using Tapatalk and had the same issue but it didn't work. I Checked on my iPhone. Broken image. So how do I post a photo or screengrab using my 9900?
    08-26-16 10:29 PM
    URSUS you should post the question about Telus having BIS in the Carrier section for Telus maybe?

I know Sasktel and Rogers do. I'm sure Bell would because they are all over eastern Canada with a LOT of users but I can't speak for Virgin Mobile anymore, I used to be with them.

It's too bad you can't move everything over to Rogers (because you are with Fido owned by them) but as with any new decent voice and data plan, if you want name and number ID that's an extra $10 and you're looking at around $75 per month after tax.

It's funny how everyone said "competition will lower the prices" but it didn't pan out that way.

Ya sure DID NOT work out that way at all.

I will check the Telus thread here on CB. But will also be making phone calls and doing research.

I do see that Fido has a webpage about adding basic BIS to a prepaid plan for as little as $15 /mo. So why can't they add it to my current plan? As long as I pay the difference, what IS the difference?
    08-26-16 10:35 PM
    I tried to attach a screen capture above using Tapatalk and had the same issue but it didn't work. I Checked on my iPhone. Broken image. So how do I post a photo or screengrab using my 9900?
    I used to use TinyPic.com for hosting images back when I had my 9930, quick upload and then they would email a link to the photo. The website works fairly well also, you can grab ready-to-post links that can be dropped right in the box.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-26-16 10:38 PM
    sometimes it offers me only Tapatalk to upload a pic and its bad. Sometimes I try a second time and it offers it as a FILE and that's the best, it shows the pic automatically.

08-26-16 11:04 PM
    I used to use TinyPic.com for hosting images back when I had my 9930, quick upload and then they would email a link to the photo. The website works fairly well also, you can grab ready-to-post links that can be dropped right in the box.
    Thanks. Making a note on this.
    08-26-16 11:09 PM
    Ya sure DID NOT work out that way at all.

I will check the Telus thread here on CB. But will also be making phone calls and doing research.

I do see that Fido has a webpage about adding basic BIS to a prepaid plan for as little as $15 /mo. So why can't they add it to my current plan? As long as I pay the difference, what IS the difference?
    I would ask to talk to the Supervisor or the floor Manager if you talk to the Fido Call Center again. Someone HAS to be able to get you on BIS. Just tell them if they can't do it as advertized then you probably have to leave them. I would try to sound a little angry or upset but not too much Let them know that as a customer you are not very satisfied by projecting a little negative emotions They SHOULD CARE.

They really need to get on top of this situation. I think for the most part, it sounds like they don't care but by being nice they make up for the lack of knowledge also and figure they can keep you around.

Maybe on pre-paid you cannot attatch BIS? Did they say that or it BIS only for the Post paid plans? If this is true then it might be worth considering the change. But it sounds like you meant THEY CAN attatch BIS.

Question would $75 a month with Rogers be a LOT more than what you are paying now or would it be "not too much difference?"

I guess only you can decide how much you need to have BIS and if it's worth it. It DOES sound like you (and rightfully so) Love that little device!

08-26-16 11:14 PM
    Oh man I think I remember using TinyPic. I know for sure I used PhotoBucket and I installed the app on my ipad and all the pics I had on their popped up. Even pics I deleted, or thought I did from my first Facebook account and possibly back in the Myspace days!!!!

08-26-16 11:17 PM
    ok I see that they CAN attatch BIS to Pre-paid, sorry I missed that at first.

08-26-16 11:19 PM
    sometimes it offers me only Tapatalk to upload a pic and its bad. Sometimes I try a second time and it offers it as a FILE and that's the best, it shows the pic automatically.

Ok. I will try that. I only got Tapatalk but didn't try again. So will do that and see what happens.

Ps. Ralph. When I've entered a word in an SMS conversation, why when I tap the BlackBerry button does the top of the menu say "Screen to Tapa" THREE TIMES? Haha. Seriously. Pardon my language but. W. t. F?
    08-26-16 11:32 PM
    Ok. I will try that. I only got Tapatalk but didn't try again. So will do that and see what happens.

Ps. Ralph. When I've entered a word in an SMS conversation, why when I tap the BlackBerry button does the top of the menu say "Screen to Tapa" THREE TIMES? Haha. Seriously. Pardon my language but. W. t. F?
    in SMS or CB?

It looks like you aren't the first to ask this

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-tapa-747371/

08-26-16 11:41 PM
    I would ask to talk to the Supervisor or the floor Manager if you talk to the Fido Call Center again. Someone HAS to be able to get you on BIS. Just tell them if they can't do it as advertized then you probably have to leave them. I would try to sound a little angry or upset but not too much Let them know that as a customer you are not very satisfied by projecting a little negative emotions They SHOULD CARE.

They really need to get on top of this situation. I think for the most part, it sounds like they don't care but by being nice they make up for the lack of knowledge also and figure they can keep you around.

Maybe on pre-paid you cannot attatch BIS? Did they say that or it BIS only for the Post paid plans? If this is true then it might be worth considering the change. But it sounds like you meant THEY CAN attatch BIS.

Question would $75 a month with Rogers be a LOT more than what you are paying now or would it be "not too much difference?"

I guess only you can decide how much you need to have BIS and if it's worth it. It DOES sound like you (and rightfully so) Love that little device!

I'm paying about half that much now. On a monthly -- not a prepaid -- plan. With 750 mb of data. Unlimited nationwide calling after 5 pm and weekends. 500 anytime minutes. Call answer call ID. Unlimited international voice picture video and audio messaging. Etc. $40/mo.

Love my little 9900. Like you want to make it my main device. At least for as long as possible. But really want BIS.

Isn't there some "resend books" thing in the settings? Or a "tables" thing that needs reactivating? Will that enable Fido BIS that might already be there?

I will call Fido again and try to sound displeased. That's not in my real character but I can fake it a little. Even make noises about sadly considering switching providers. Might work. Heh. ; )
    08-26-16 11:41 PM
    in SMS or CB?

It looks like you aren't the first to ask this

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-tapa-747371/

In SMS. Ah thanks for the link.
    08-26-16 11:42 PM
    Thanks. Will do a reboot. You the man, RJ
    08-26-16 11:43 PM
    I know there's a thread with this too but. It belongs here also. Is there a good screen dimming app for the 9900? I don't find the dimmest setting dim enough sometimes.
    08-26-16 11:52 PM
    I'm paying about half that much now. On a monthly -- not a prepaid -- plan. With 750 mb of data. Unlimited nationwide calling after 5 pm and weekends. 500 anytime minutes. Call answer call ID. Unlimited international voice picture video and audio messaging. Etc. $40/mo.

Love my little 9900. Like you want to make it my main device. At least for as long as possible. But really want BIS.

Isn't there some "resend books" thing in the settings? Or a "tables" thing that needs reactivating? Will that enable Fido BIS that might already be there?)
    Go into "Email Account Settings" and click the dotted Blackberry button, the Service Books tab will pop up and you can try to re-send them but I'm not sure it will help because I don't see the BIS "dots" on the top right of your screen beside the Wifi Signal indicator.

Not sure but you might have to bite the bullet on that plan and upgrade but see if they can do as advertized and add BIS to your plan now for $15.

08-27-16 01:57 AM
    In SMS. Ah thanks for the link.
    Ya I've never seen that issue before. There wasn't too much on it.

08-27-16 01:59 AM
8,754 ... 8889909192 ...