I'm still not getting images in my HTML emails. ANy ideas? It's the only thing that;s annoying me about this phone.
    As long as you aren't confusing the notifications for the actual email

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-12-16 12:00 PM
    I'm still not getting images in my HTML emails. ANy ideas? It's the only thing that;s annoying me about this phone.
    Hmm, not sure if it's the same issue but I've grown accustomed to selecting "Get Images" for individual emails... BB button brings up menu, "G" shortcut scrolls to "Get Images", press TP button. If there are no images to get, "G" shortcut scrolls to "Get Plain Text". In that case there are no images to get. Quick & muscle memory easy while miserly minimizing data. ... If that's what you're refering to. ??
    Ursus Rufus and Wmsi like this.
    08-12-16 05:39 PM
    dang Steve, I'm saving that info!

08-12-16 06:15 PM
    I meant get the prepaid in addition to your existing plan.
    It costs $15 / month.
    Try it to see if you like it / end it when ever you want.
    Brilliant!

If this can be done then that's my solution ..

Wow. Had never occurred to me one could tack a prepaid plan onto an existing post-paid one. Is that what you've been doing for years with no problems?

The info on that page says all one needs is a Fido SIM and a BlackBerry phone. That's me.
    08-12-16 08:05 PM
    Brilliant!

If this can be done then that's my solution ..

Wow. Had never occurred to me one could tack a prepaid plan onto an existing post-paid one. Is that what you've been doing for years with no problems?

The info on that page says all one needs is a Fido SIM and a BlackBerry phone. That's me.
    Sorry , if I wasn't clear.

Keep the existing Sim with your other device.

Get another Sim for the Bold and get the BlackBerry prepaid plan for $15 / month.
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    08-12-16 08:23 PM
    Well, I'm Bold-less. Mine developed double typing while I was on a trip, so when I got back, I pulled the keyboard, and a little piece of the connector on the motherboard broke off. The keyboard had been pulled many times before this, so it was bound to happen. Those connectors aren't made for unlimited disconnections.

I'll be on the lookout for a new motherboard, but I'm back on my Q10 for now.
    08-13-16 04:28 PM
    Well, I'm Bold-less. Mine developed double typing while I was on a trip, so when I got back, I pulled the keyboard, and a little piece of the connector on the motherboard broke off. The keyboard had been pulled many times before this, so it was bound to happen. Those connectors aren't made for unlimited disconnections.

Oh sorry to hear that, at least you have another blackberry to use during the waiting time. Today i scraped all the silver off the metal pieces on the keyboard, a lot had chipped off so now its all black it looks like the 8800 now haha, i really like it actually.

08-13-16 05:10 PM

Sorry to hear that, and you have my sympathy. I'm still with my Q10 following my earlier 9900 keyboard swap problems; where it seems most likely that my motherboard connection was damaged in some way. I still haven't been able to get my replacement 9900 working as well as the original unit and having been somewhat forced to use my Q10 I've started to appreciate that device and some of the advantages of BB10 much more than when I first purchased it.
    Of course I do miss the magnificent trackpad & toolbelt and superbright LCD screen from the 9900 but for now my SIM card remains in the Q10 (after several weeks). Will it go back in my 9900? Maybe it will, maybe it will not.
    Ursus Rufus and anon(6038817) like this.
    08-13-16 05:43 PM

Sigh. Sorry to hear this. Have you tried a Classic? Thoughts in comparison it to Q10 or to Bold? It might sound trivial but if the display on the Classic had the luminosity of that on the Bold, or perhaps an AMOLED screen, and the 9900's jewel like ring around the trackpad, I might not even be so inclined toward that wonderful legacy device.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 05:51 PM
    PS -- Am I allowed to say that in here, even? Sorry. Not trying to sound like an iconoclast.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 05:53 PM

Well you sure knew who to recommend to me for a new BB brand KB and I couldn't be happier. So I am SURE if anyone knew where to get a motherboard, you might..

08-13-16 06:05 PM
    PS: there seems to be more people reviving older threads (who I have never seen before) which indicates there are a lot more people using the Bold 9900 more than would otherwise indicate. Good to know we have a device still on fleek

08-13-16 06:07 PM
    Sorry to hear that, and you have my sympathy. I'm still with my Q10 following my earlier 9900 keyboard swap problems; where it seems most likely that my motherboard connection was damaged in some way. I still haven't been able to get my replacement 9900 working as well as the original unit and having been somewhat forced to use my Q10 I've started to appreciate that device and some of the advantages of BB10 much more than when I first purchased it.
    Of course I do miss the magnificent trackpad & toolbelt and superbright LCD screen from the 9900 but for now my SIM card remains in the Q10 (after several weeks). Will it go back in my 9900? Maybe it will, maybe it will not.
    If it's of any value, my symptoms were the same as yours. Keys would produce two different letters when pressed, and the behaviour was consistent with several different keyboards. I do like my Q10, but the Bold is a unique little beast.
    08-13-16 08:07 PM
    Well you sure knew who to recommend to me for a new BB brand KB and I couldn't be happier. So I am SURE if anyone knew where to get a motherboard, you might..

I think I've found one. The seller tends to reduce prices until items sell, so I'll keep watching it until it hits the level I want to pay (hopefully).
    08-13-16 08:09 PM
    I think I've found one. The seller tends to reduce prices until items sell, so I'll keep watching it until it hits the level I want to pay (hopefully).
    I tell you man using this iPhone really makes you appreciate the 9900 clicky keyboard I just can't say it enough if it wasn't for these Pok�mon go parties I've been going to lol
    08-13-16 08:11 PM
    So how much does an entire motherboard run for anyway? Maybe would be cheaper just to buy a whole new phone
    08-13-16 08:12 PM
    So how much does an entire motherboard run for anyway? Maybe would be cheaper just to buy a whole new phone
    Well, I found a donor phone with a broken screen, scratches all over, etc., for about $30 CDN shipped. I'm just being cheap. It really will see a price drop. I've bought from these guys before.

I'd rather just replace the motherboard because my phone is in mint condition.
    08-13-16 09:00 PM
    Well, I found a donor phone with a broken screen, scratches all over, etc., for about $30 CDN shipped. I'm just being cheap. It really will see a price drop. I've bought from these guys before.

I'd rather just replace the motherboard because my phone is in mint condition.
    Ya that makes sense. More power to ya if you can do that. I doubt it is an easy job.

08-13-16 09:49 PM
    Ya that makes sense. More power to ya if you can do that. I doubt it is an easy job.

Well, I'll try not to break anything this time :P
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    08-13-16 10:20 PM
    If it's of any value, my symptoms were the same as yours. Keys would produce two different letters when pressed, and the behaviour was consistent with several different keyboards. I do like my Q10, but the Bold is a unique little beast.
    Well that's interesting. Perhaps I should also hunt for replacement motherboard, I might be up for that if I could get a new (not recycled) unit; I'd be wanting to start with a virgin unit rather than something that may previously have sat in a network locked phone.

Good luck! I'll follow your progress with interest, especially when you start to load third party apps; I still haven't managed to conquer Googlemaps on my spare 9900
    08-14-16 06:10 AM
    dang Steve, I'm saving that info!

Handy but just be aware that "Get Images" allows images to consume data. Also, possible security issues with loading images.

I find that "Get Plan Text" sometimes makes urls available as links, also. Ponder security implications b4 clicking such links, tho.

The first letter "scroll shortcut" in menus is another one of those VERY useful efficiency optimizations I cherish in BBOS. More evidence of the "labor of love" SOMEone at RIM put into the old OS. No such love for BB10, tho.
    08-14-16 08:53 AM
    Well that's interesting. Perhaps I should also hunt for replacement motherboard, I might be up for that if I could get a new (not recycled) unit; I'd be wanting to start with a virgin unit rather than something that may previously have sat in a network locked phone.

Good luck! I'll follow your progress with interest, especially when you start to load third party apps; I still haven't managed to conquer Googlemaps on my spare 9900

I suspect that a brand new motherboard would probably cost as much as a new phone. I may have found a dropped/cracked donor phone for $20 locally, but I'm waiting for a response from the seller. I'd like a new keyboard too, but my favourite supplier is out of black ones, so I might try buying from China. If I got a good replacement, I'd buy a few more to stock up for the future.
    08-14-16 10:38 AM
    I have proven to the "mobile warriors" that the 9900 still performs fast and with the essential apps that I use through different vids I made on Youtube. It's still more than enough for anyone not limited by a buisness that might be limiting useage, like your situation unfortunately. That's one good thing about private use though, we can still use them for personal, and keep on truckin'.

I hope you still can use yours from a personal useage point as well. Still fun and productive, etc.

Thanks. Believe me -- if I wasn't being dictated to, I would be buying a brand new/refurbished 9930!!! Absolutely.

It doesn't make sense for me to use it for "personal" use unfortunately. My personal and business contacts and calendar are one, so I don't keep separate ones. Email is a different story, but still not enough to carry and pay for two devices, LOL.
    08-14-16 05:32 PM
    Thanks. Believe me -- if I wasn't being dictated to, I would be buying a brand new/refurbished 9930!!! Absolutely.

It doesn't make sense for me to use it for "personal" use unfortunately. My personal and business contacts and calendar are one, so I don't keep separate ones. Email is a different story, but still not enough to carry and pay for two devices, LOL.
    I'm just curious everyone talks about syncing calendars and how absolutely essential it is for them to do this. I guess I don't really understand what is involved with syncing calendars. What exactly is this what does it do? Is it not possible to have a private device and simply add the events? I just don't get it.
    08-14-16 07:19 PM
    Handy but just be aware that "Get Images" allows images to consume data. Also, possible security issues with loading images.

I find that "Get Plan Text" sometimes makes urls available as links, also. Ponder security implications b4 clicking such links, tho.

The first letter "scroll shortcut" in menus is another one of those VERY useful efficiency optimizations I cherish in BBOS. More evidence of the "labor of love" SOMEone at RIM put into the old OS. No such love for BB10, tho.
    I guess It boils down to the fact I never really use the shortcuts because everything is so simple and effortless to navigate on the 9900 in the first place. Like personally I don't think it's any stretch to go into the email, and forgo the notification because I'm going to go to the email anyway to delete it at some point.

I can do everything so quickly on the 9900 it just never even occurs to me to use shortcuts. I think they're amazing and I admire you for doing all of these because I would have to study the heck out of it to remember all of them LOL but I can more than survive without them I guess I'm saying.
    idssteve likes this.
    08-14-16 07:30 PM
8,754 ... 8283848586 ...